• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liz Cheney Doesn't Rule Out Subpoenaing Kevin McCarthy In Jan 6 Investigation

Nobody cares about January 6th. People were upset and they rioted.
Nobody cares? I suggest that you pay attention to the 1/6 Committee investigation and FBI arrests made still in progress. Even on this message board, there's more who do care than nobody cares although many of those who don't care tend to bitch and cry the loudest in protest to those who defend and care about our Democracy,

One the one hand, the Trump haters had better think twice about their actions. What comes around, goes around after all.
Like the 1/6 assault on our Capitol?
On the other hand, the Trump haters know their time is running out and maybe they'd better shoot their entire load and hope for the best.
Like McCarthy shooting his entire load, when he crawled to DJT at Mar-a-Lago about 22 days after the 1/6 assault on our Capitol?

When war is declared on our nation, even when it comes from within our own country, shooting entire loads is required. imo Playtime is over. Pretending that things will get better all on its own is gone. McCarthy is one of several hundred government goons who are poised to do whatever the paper mob boss DJT wants no matter the cost. Unfortunately, that'll bring sorrow to a nation of brother against brother just what the Trumplicans want because it is they who think that when the smoke clears, they'll have it all to themselves. If you and others have ever seen what it looks like after war ravishes land, no one in their right mind would or will ever want to try and live in a place like that. So, dumbsh*ts like McCarthy need to man up and stand up to tyranny existing among their own ranks. Word to both the wise, and, or ignorant. The pursuit of absoluter power brings willful and complete resistance by the people.

It’s also not Congress’s responsibility.
Does Minority Leader McCarthy have a responsibility to address and punish representatives under his watch who conduct themselves badly? Does McCarthy, sworn to oath of office, have a responsibility to answer a Congressional Investigative Committee's request to answer questions?

Sedition: conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state

BLM protestors were incited by Democrats to rebel against the police and the current president’s stay-at-home orders…Therefore, Democrats support sedition when it benefits them.
Glad you cannot defend the sedition that took place in connection with the 2020 election. Thank you for standing down on a fight you cannot win.

This other subject is interesting. I suggest you start another thread on it where the we call all focus on that subject. Before you do so, I suggest you actually look up the legal definition of sedition as what you set forth is not it. Sedition is an exceptionally hard proof for prosecutors to effectively prosecute. There is a very high standard of criteria, which makes the standard of proof challenging. I really doubt any prosecutor would touch it with a 10 foot pole, especially since two Trump appointed Federal Judges recently well articulated the distinction why they are not the same thing.

Again, thanks for your concession.

little kevy is a typical spineless republican p-ussy.
In probably more ways than one.

Here's his latest wussified claim.

1h ago
1642185493691.png
  • Kevin McCarthy said Trump told him personally that he bore some responsibility for the Capitol riot.
  • McCarthy made those remarks on a radio show and privately in a phone call with Republicans last year, per CNN.
  • During a news conference on Thursday, McCarthy said he couldn't recall the phone call.

Democrats didn’t incite the BLM protest? This is a perfect example of the blatant hypocrisy that is going to lose the Democrats the mid terms…

Democrats didn’t Incide BLM.

But that’s the most popular right wing deflection.

Trying to equate street protests with an organized plot to overthrow the government and negate an election.

It’s pathetic, false, and un American.

Trying to equate street protests with an organized plot to overthrow the government and negate an election.

Constantly hear right-wing cockroaches (like hannity) on talk radio do this

They apparently don't have the brainpower to understand how moronic it is to compare 1/6 to street protests...

The media supported the BLM riots and downplayed the violence. The Democrats remained silent and didn’t ask BLM protestors to stop. If they didn’t incite it directly, it was very clear they were OK with it.

I’m equating breaking the law with breaking the law. It’s up to the courts to decide the severity. You can’t create a holiday to highlight one group breaking the law and remain silent on another group. There was more violence and deaths in the BLM protests than Jan6th and that is a fact. Get over yourself…

Glad you cannot defend the sedition that took place in connection with the 2020 election. Thank you for standing down on a fight you cannot win.

This other subject is interesting. I suggest you start another thread on it where the we call all focus on that subject. Before you do so, I suggest you actually look up the legal definition of sedition as what you set forth is not it. Sedition is an exceptionally hard proof for prosecutors to effectively prosecute. There is a very high standard of criteria, which makes the standard of proof challenging. I really doubt any prosecutor would touch it with a 10 foot pole, especially since two Trump appointed Federal Judges recently well articulated the distinction why they are not the same thing.

Again, thanks for your concession.
The BLM riots should have been stopped. More people died during the BLM protests than Jan 6th. That is all I’m saying…

The BLM riots should have been stopped. More people died during the BLM protests than Jan 6th. That is all I’m saying…
No, you are saying that the BLM protests are on par with the attack on American democracy that was Jan 6. They are not.

No, you are saying that the BLM protests are on par with the attack on American democracy that was Jan 6. They are not.
Yes. Judging by the number of deaths and the amount of violence, BLM riots were worse…

But you are a Democrat, so you will not accept that fact…

No he is not. Someone is bring drama into the thread? There was a nasty riot at the capitol!!

Nobody cares? I suggest that you pay attention to the 1/6 Committee investigation and FBI arrests made still in progress. Even on this message board, there's more who do care than nobody cares although many of those who don't care tend to bitch and cry the loudest in protest to those who defend and care about our Democracy,
That is becuase 80% of the people on this forum are Democrats.

Rule out??? I don't understand why he hasn't been subpoenaed months ago!!! For whatever reasons the Committee had/has to play tidily winks with the kneeling one has only allowed him to drag his sorry feet longer. :mad:

I do agree with her statement below.

"I wish that he were a brave and honorable man," she told CNN. "He's clearly trying to cover up what happened. He has an obligation to come forward and we'll get to the truth."

Should not the justice department be doing this?

What am I missing here?

No, not whatever, stupidity, lots of it.

Right, they too wanted to hand Pence no?
If there is a lot of stupidity here, it’s from you. More people died during the BLM protests than Jan 6th, and that is a fact.

If there is a lot of stupidity here, it’s from you. More people died during the BLM protests than Jan 6th, and that is a fact.

And one has ZERO to do with the other.

Why on earth do the brood keep speaking to a separate crime?

I never said it was ,
people who break the law should go to jail and that means ANYBODY who breaks the law NO exceptions
Point was BLM was not breaking into the Nations CAPITAL and chanting " Hang Mike Pence " who just happened to be the VICE PRESIDENT at that time and wanting to kill or do great harm to some of the nations top leaders.
have a nice night
Oh, I see now. You are right…

Back
Top Bottom