• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liz Cheney Doesn't Rule Out Subpoenaing Kevin McCarthy In Jan 6 Investigation

And one has ZERO to do with the other.

Why on earth do the brood keep speaking to a separate crime?
Because the Democrats are trying to make a big deal about Jan 6th while they completely ignore, and some say diligently supported, the BLM protest. Hypocritical as usual…

Because the Democrats are trying to make a big deal about Jan 6th while they completely ignore, and some say diligently supported, the BLM protest. Hypocritical as usual…

Completely ignore?

Do explain. I have not head the Fox propaganda on this.

Completely ignore?

Do explain. I have not head the Fox propaganda on this.
Ignore the violence and killings I mean. They did not ignore the outrage, of course.

No he is not. Someone is bring drama into the thread? There was a nasty riot at the capitol!!
Wow, you are not paying attention or have trouble with reading comprehension as he clearly paints the BLM protests as the equivalent, if not worse, than events of 1/6. Largely because he can't grasp the distinction.
That is becuase 80% of the people on this forum are Democrats.
No, 80% of the people on this forum on Americans. It is Americans that are offended by the attack on our democracy. Its the others that think its no big deal.

Does Minority Leader McCarthy have a responsibility to address and punish representatives under his watch who conduct themselves badly? Does McCarthy, sworn to oath of office, have a responsibility to answer a Congressional Investigative Committee's request to answer questions?
What does that have to do with the comment I replied to?

Investigation is.
This is what I was responding to:

“Upholding the law and documenting crimes isn't a popularity contest.”

Congress certainly has investigative powers, though law enforcement is not one of those powers.

This is what I was responding to:

“Upholding the law and documenting crimes isn't a popularity contest.”

Congress certainly has investigative powers, though law enforcement is not one of those powers.

This is why they hand their findings over to the DOJ.

This is why they hand their findings over to the DOJ.
Referring potential crimes found during congressional hearings isn’t the same as giving them law enforcement responsibility or authority.

Wow, you are not paying attention or have trouble with reading comprehension as he clearly paints the BLM protests as the equivalent, if not worse, than events of 1/6. Largely because he can't grasp the distinction.

No, 80% of the people on this forum on Americans. It is Americans that are offended by the attack on our democracy. Its the others that think its no big deal.
Democrats stand for nothing. You barley support the armed services and you hate the police. You work worthless jobs and offer very little to society. All you do is take and judge. Worthless…

Only really stupid people can not tell the differences between different crimes.
And even dumber people can’t see that two different crimes can be very similar.

Democrats stand for nothing.
You a democrat? Because by your criteria you are the only one that fulfills it.
You barley support the armed services
RIght, that is why they don't give a shit about bounties on our service members.
and you hate the police.
And that is why they oppose the prosecution of the criminals that attacked the police.
There is no end to the stupid crap you post.

You work worthless jobs and offer very little to society.
This is no about you

The media supported the BLM riots and downplayed the violence. The Democrats remained silent and didn’t ask BLM protestors to stop. If they didn’t incite it directly, it was very clear they were OK with it.
Not true.

Multiple high-profile Democrats have spoken out against violence at Black Lives Matter protests, sparked by the death of George Floyd at the hands of a Minneapolis police officer in May.

On May 31, the fifth night of demonstrations, former Vice President Joe Biden, the party’s presumptive nominee, wrote in a statement that protesting police brutality is “right and necessary” and the “American response."

“But burning down communities and needless destruction is not,” Biden wrote. “Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not.”

Should not the justice department be doing this?
Yes, they should! It appears that this is set up for the 1/6 Committee to pave the road to the DOJ.

The 1/6 Committee quickly determined to subpoena witnesses after learning that requesting them to come in, in which would usually drag out prompting them to ask again and sometimes again.
Now, they're back to wasting time requesting McCarthy to answer questions. Subpoena his sorry ass and be done with it! I suspect he'll drag that out too, but when he does at least there's no question but to hold him in contempt sooner better than later. Maybe I'm impatient, but the clock is ticking away and that's the damn Trump Chump's plan.

Great! Now get the tv to stop talking about it. You never hear about the Democrats arrested during the BLM protests. Neither are important and it’s just another way Democrats try to drum up votes…
The democrats didn't participate in a trump incited insurrection on January 6, 2021 to overturn a lawful election and obstruct the will of the people and the peaceful transfer of power to the elected Joe Biden who won the election by a landslide. The trumplicans, the Trump Cult Party, wanted to insert their ant-American traitor as dictator.

Speak for yourself if you condone the deadly attack on our government, lawmakers, officers and democracy. Patriotic American care about white supremacists, religious extremists and gun nutters acting as homegrown terrorists and attacking our country from within. I guess you can't grasp that.

NEVER FORGET THE TRUMP INCITED INSURRECTION OF JANUARY 6, 2021! IF TRUMPISM LIVES, DEMOCRACY DIES! ALL INVOLVED IN THE ATTACK ON OUR COUNTRY ALL THE WAY UP TO TRUMP, NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE AND PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW!

What does that have to do with the comment I replied to?

From your statement: "It’s also not Congress’s responsibility." inspired me to pull you back to the topic matter about McCarthy and his responsibilities as minority leader in Congress. Liz Cheney understands his responsibilities and now pondering about the Committee subpoenaing his sorry ass.

Yes, they should! It appears that this is set up for the 1/6 Committee to pave the road to the DOJ.

The 1/6 Committee quickly determined to subpoena witnesses after learning that requesting them to come in, in which would usually drag out prompting them to ask again and sometimes again.
Now, they're back to wasting time requesting McCarthy to answer questions. Subpoena his sorry ass and be done with it! I suspect he'll drag that out too, but when he does at least there's no question but to hold him in contempt sooner better than later. Maybe I'm impatient, but the clock is ticking away and that's the damn Trump Chump's plan.
The clock is ticking away, good reason to become impatient if you care at all about America. 🇺🇸

You a democrat? Because by your criteria you are the only one that fulfills it.

RIght, that is why they don't give a shit about bounties on our service members.

And that is why they oppose the prosecution of the criminals that attacked the police.
There is no end to the stupid crap you post.

This is no about you
Ok, you are right. Now go tell all your gamestop coworkers how awesome you are.

Not true.

Multiple high-profile Democrats have spoken out against violence at Black Lives Matter protests, sparked by the death of George Floyd at the hands of a Minneapolis police officer in May.

On May 31, the fifth night of demonstrations, former Vice President Joe Biden, the party’s presumptive nominee, wrote in a statement that protesting police brutality is “right and necessary” and the “American response."

“But burning down communities and needless destruction is not,” Biden wrote. “Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not.”
They didn’t condemn it early and often enough in my opinion…

Back
Top Bottom