• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Liz Cheney Doesn't Rule Out Subpoenaing Kevin McCarthy In Jan 6 Investigation

The democrats didn't participate in a trump incited insurrection on January 6, 2021 to overturn a lawful election and obstruct the will of the people and the peaceful transfer of power to the elected Joe Biden who won the election by a landslide. The trumplicans, the Trump Cult Party, wanted to insert their ant-American traitor as dictator.

Speak for yourself if you condone the deadly attack on our government, lawmakers, officers and democracy. Patriotic American care about white supremacists, religious extremists and gun nutters acting as homegrown terrorists and attacking our country from within. I guess you can't grasp that.

NEVER FORGET THE TRUMP INCITED INSURRECTION OF JANUARY 6, 2021! IF TRUMPISM LIVES, DEMOCRACY DIES! ALL INVOLVED IN THE ATTACK ON OUR COUNTRY ALL THE WAY UP TO TRUMP, NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE AND PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW!
Yeah, throw Trump in jail. I’m ok with that…

What don’t you understand Old and chill? Nevermind, I don’t want to know…

They didn’t condemn it early and often enough in my opinion…
At least they did.

While I have your ear, please allow me to ask you this. Point blank. Would you like for K McCarthy to be an adult and talk with the 1/6 Committee to help move their investigation forward?

At least they did.

While I have your ear, please allow me to ask you this. Point blank. Would you like for K McCarthy to be an adult and talk with the 1/6 Committee to help move their investigation forward?
No more than I would have wanted the Salem townspeople to help with the Salem witch hunts...

I would support the Jan 6th investigations if there were BLM riot investigations. I feel the news outlets helpEd incite those riots and would like to see some actions taken to prevent violence in the future. Give me that, and I’ll support Jan 6 all the way.

No more than I would have wanted the Salem townspeople to help with the Salem witch hunts...
That was one hell of a Salem DC witch invasion on our Capitol 1/6/21. Witch hunts can be good. :cool:

I would support the Jan 6th investigations if there were BLM riot investigations.
I'm pretty sure that the FBI and local law enforcement agencies have investigated/arrested the bad guys that you referenced. If BLM had organized and participated in the 1/6 Capitol assault, I'd expect that the House of Reps would have appointed a Committee to investigate 'them'.

Wouldn't McCarthy be helpful to this ongoing investigation into the 1/6 Capitol assault? Wouldn't that show everybody, including you, that's not afraid to answer a few questions?

I'm pretty sure that the FBI and local law enforcement agencies have investigated/arrested the bad guys that you referenced. If BLM had organized and participated in the 1/6 Capitol assault, I'd expect that the House of Reps would have appointed a Committee to investigate 'them'.

Wouldn't McCarthy be helpful to this ongoing investigation into the 1/6 Capitol assault? Wouldn't that show everybody, including you, that's not afraid to answer a few questions?
Sometimes people do things to make a point. For example, the “squad” didn’t vote for the infrastructure bill. While I don’t know McCarthy’s reasons, I will not support your stance to make a point that the BLM investigations, if they are happening, are not getting enough media coverage to discourage riots in the future. My personal belief is if the media had condemned the BLM violence more, Jan 6th would not have happened.

Sometimes people do things to make a point. For example, the “squad” didn’t vote for the infrastructure bill. While I don’t know McCarthy’s reasons, I will not support your stance to make a point that the BLM investigations, if they are happening, are not getting enough media coverage to discourage riots in the future. My personal belief is if the media had condemned the BLM violence more, Jan 6th would not have happened.
Well, that is at least different than the often claims that it was election fraud or impeachments that made them do it. If not for 1/6, there would be all sorts of media coverage over other stuff. That's how important 1/6 justice is for our nation. Get past that, increased focusing by the media on other events and such will take place.

Nobody cares about January 6th. People were upset and they rioted. There was a lot of that going on in 2020, mostly from Democrats…

One group was upset about cops disproportionately killing people of color. The other was upset that they could lose a free and fair election.

No. They are not the same.

Well, that is at least different than the often claims that it was election fraud or impeachments that made them do it. If not for 1/6, there would be all sorts of media coverage over other stuff. That's how important 1/6 justice is for our nation. Get past that, increased focusing by the media on other events and such will take place.
Maybe, but I doubt it.

My opinion is that as soon as the polls started to suggest that the BLM riots were turning voters off, the coverage stopped and it was swept under the table. If you’ve never listen to Candance Owen’s reason for becoming a Republican, you should. It highlights how the media works. It caused me to support republicans in 2020, and 2022 at least…

My opinion is that 1/6 is drummed up as well. It’s important, but the Dems are milking it. If Trump won, all we would heard about is BLM terrorist…

One group was upset about cops disproportionately killing people of color. The other was upset that they could lose a free and fair election.

No. They are not the same.
Yeah, you are right. I thought for a second that committing crimes is wrong, and both groups should be held accountable for the crime committed.

Maybe, but I doubt it.

My opinion is that as soon as the polls started to suggest that the BLM riots were turning voters off, the coverage stopped and it was swept under the table. If you’ve never listen to Candance Owen’s reason for becoming a Republican, you should. It highlights how the media works. It caused me to support republicans in 2020, and 2022 at least…

My opinion is that 1/6 is drummed up as well. It’s important, but the Dems are milking it. If Trump won, all we would heard about is BLM terrorist
It doesn't take another presidential win for DJT to ramble on about matters that he only cares about. Sadly, matters that's mostly lies/propaganda. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the BLM protests settle down early Fall of 2020? Point is, these things come and go until something else that angers people pops up that brings folks to protest over. Usually, rightfully so. It's when it goes way too far that bad actors are arrested - for breaking the law.

1/6/21 was as real as it gets. One that went way too far that threatens our Democracy. If something else happens to erase that ordeal from our minds, then we all are collectively in big trouble. To keep that from happening, if possible, it's important to hold all connected to the Capitol assault accountable. Do not despair about that. It's simply cleaning out the trash in the Republican Party, just as some of the trash has been dealt with who went wrong during the BLM peaceful protests. Once the Republican Party has been cleaned up, then it can breathe again in a more honorable manner. Hopefully, that eases your mind while asking you to be patient while justice does its job.

Yeah, you are right. I thought for a second that committing crimes is wrong, and both groups should be held accountable for the crime committed.
Focus

Jan 6!!

Back
Top Bottom