• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Less educated voters tend to go for Trump. Why is that?

I get the feeling you feel the same way, Bubba. :)
not so sure. included among those i call my friends are a number of homeless people and a couple of billionaires. while that does not necessarily speak to their education levels, it does illustrate significant diversity of backgrounds

not so sure. included among those i call my friends are a number of homeless people and a couple of billionaires. while that does not necessarily speak to their education levels, it does illustrate significant diversity of backgrounds

That good, Bubba! I wish everybody took the time to get to know all types.

i will take Joe at his word
he does intend to kill fracking
just not until he has the green alternative energy sources to replace what fracking provides
it amazes me how so many are so unable to comprehend something so easy to understand

I understand empty promises. The dems have been peddling them longer than I have been alive. Mo folk fer da plantation!!!

for most of the history of this country-when polling could be done-those who didn't make it through HS, almost always voted in the majority, for Democrats. So you want to stick with your claim?
History is not being discussed. This is a thread about Trump’s uneducated base.

Knowledge without wisdom is worthless.
Ask yourself where does wisdom come from? It has very little to do with cognitive development or education. Wisdom does not come along with a sheepskin of a diploma or certification because the education that produced that diploma often didn't produce critical thinkers but rather brainwashed students if lucky by the time they reach their 40's will figure it out.
Wise people definitely do not support a lying demagogue like Trump.

Biden consistently polls better with college educated voters while the less educated voters tend toward trump. I just don't get it. Why would anyone have to have a college degree to see just what a disaster this President is?? Seriously.
We don't call them Universities of Indoctrination for nothing.

Maybe the "less educated" get tired of the snobs?

Biden consistently polls better with college educated voters while the less educated voters tend toward trump. I just don't get it. Why would anyone have to have a college degree to see just what a disaster this President is?? Seriously.

Hey, you can be well Educated and still be dumb as a box of rocks

Wise people definitely do not support a lying demagogue like Trump.
But wise people support the liars and charlatans like Biden?

Give me a break. It's always the lesser of two evils, and how the media plays out.

The media is firmly in Biden's corner, but Trump will still win.

It's not a new premise. Fact does not equal pretention.

So that's why the left pushes so hard for college in our Public education system?

Yep, they're even starting at Kindergarten

So that's why the left pushes so hard for college in our Public education system?

Yep, they're even starting at Kindergarten
It's so funny. They want everyone to have a 4 year degree.

I wonder if they consider that McDonald's minimum schooling requirement would become a 4-year degree?

Democrats have a lock on the less educated minority vote and used to have a lock on the less educated union vote. The reason Trump won is because democrats abandoned and now mock the less educated, working class that they used to champion.

Democrats have a lock on the less educated minority vote and used to have a lock on the less educated union vote. The reason Trump won is because democrats abandoned and now mock the less educated, working class that they used to champion.

. The reason Trump won is because democrats abandoned and now mock the less educated, working class that they used to champion.

Or simply Trump made UNIONS cool with conservatives?

Go figure

As an engineering grad, I saw dozens of people drop out of Eng school to go pre-law. Key weed-out courses were Chemistry, Physics and Calculus. I ran into these "kids" again in classes I took for easy A's as electives. Tells me all I need to know.
The perfect example of how education =/= wisdom.

Because there’s an established ruling class in America who benefit from democratic policies. The professional managerial elite. Whereas working class and middle income voters have been screwed by the left, their wages are depressed by foreign immigrants, families destroyed by feminism and contraception, housing market destroyed by environmental policies, now and appropriate House is out of reach in many cities, “educated” members of the PME can afford mortgages where there is good schools, if you’re a deplorable your kid has to go to a school with a rapey teacher protected by unions, in a school where some kids don’t speak English and aren’t expected to. In other words, the brunt of the power plays of people like Biden fall on the high school crowd, the benefits will go to the upper rungs of society

I agree.
Even uniuon workers are voting for the president. Union people used to be locked-in to the democrats.

I agree.
Even uniuon workers are voting for the president. Union people used to be locked-in to the democrats.

And... so called conservatives didn't like UNIONS

Trump made UNIONS cool(Rolling eyes)

The perfect example of how education =/= wisdom.
Yeah, most people who could not get engineering degrees pretend they are smarter than the people who proved they are smarter. It's how humans cope with failure.

Cal, if you have an engineering degree, my respect for you just went several notches higher. I, too, know some people who tried engineering in college and changed their majors because of how tough it was. I have two relatives who stuck it out (one has a doctor's degree) and they are two of the nicest people I know.
For the first ten years of my career, earning those degrees (I have two) was actually a problem. Try as I might, I simply could not respect anyone at work who was not educated as an engineer. If the company president was an ME or EE with an MBA, I was fine. But, if he was some chump with a Political Science undergrad who took a few business courses in grad school, I looked down on him. Needless to say, I quit a lot of jobs early on.

All that changed when I began managing. I quickly learned how little cost content engineers applied to a given project, department, company, etc. It was rather eye-opening to stare at a 10 million dollar budget and see that engineering was only 15% of the job. Sales, purchasing, shipping, accounting, skilled labor, material, etc. ate up the other 85%. So, I consulted with my dad. He said something to the effect that he was pleased to see me see the light and realize how much damage my arrogance and lousy attitude toward others had done to my potential.

Ironically, I now look at engineers as obstacles to getting a project completed on time and within budget. But, at least I understand why they do it and why I shake my head when I see it.

I think he appeals to their cultural grievances, and gives them scapegoats (the elite, immigrants, etc.) for their problems, which allows them to evade grappling with the fact that the religious figures and people they have relied on for years in the media and politics have left them uncompetitive and unprepared in a modern world.

For the first ten years of my career, earning those degrees (I have two) was actually a problem. Try as I might, I simply could not respect anyone at work who was not educated as an engineer. If the company president was an ME or EE with an MBA, I was fine. But, if he was some chump with a Political Science undergrad who took a few business courses in grad school, I looked down on him. Needless to say, I quit a lot of jobs early on.

All that changed when I began managing. I quickly learned how little cost content engineers applied to a given project, department, company, etc. It was rather eye-opening to stare at a 10 million dollar budget and see that engineering was only 15% of the job. Sales, purchasing, shipping, accounting, skilled labor, material, etc. ate up the other 85%. So, I consulted with my dad. He said something to the effect that he was pleased to see me see the light and realize how much damage my arrogance and lousy attitude toward others had done to my potential.

Ironically, I now look at engineers as obstacles to getting a project completed on time and within budget. But, at least I understand why they do it and why I shake my head when I see it.

That's fascinating, Cal, and very enlightening. Thanks for sharing that!

Back
Top Bottom