• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Less educated voters tend to go for Trump. Why is that?

How do you explain the 'highest educated' always goes for the progressive?
Not always. Let me profile college grads only. .
2020 College grads went to Biden 55-43
2016 to Hillary Clinton 52-44
2012 to Romney 51-47
2008 to Obama 50-48
2004 to Bush 52-46
2000 to Bush 51-45
1996 to Dole 46-44
1992 to G.H.W.Bush 41-39
1988 to G.H. W. Bush 62-37

For college grads that as far as the last polls takes us. Interesting if only college grads voted, Bill Clinton would have never become president and Obama would have been a one term president. Of course there would have been no Trump and it would have been Hillary running for reelection.

What really interesting here is the high school or less educated voted for the winner every time since Reagan vs. Carter. College grads for the winner 3 times out of 8 chances. But that is probably because of the numbers, there's more voters who haven't graduated from College than those who have.

Point of fact. Donald Trump has mentioned many times that he's for insuring those with pre-existing conditions but he's against the 'Edsel' quality of the ACA.

Every time I hear from progressives that Donald Trump is against providing health insurance for those with preexisting conditions (a lie), I swear, progressives don't believe in natural selection or evolution, for example. Was the Ford motor company for the destruction of the automobile when it discontinued the Edsel line for example, or did the Ford motor company just want to make a better car (and the Edsel wasn't a better car)?

So what was this better plan?

Point of fact. Donald Trump has mentioned many times that he's for insuring those with pre-existing conditions but he's against the 'Edsel' quality of the ACA.

Every time I hear from progressives that Donald Trump is against providing health insurance for those with preexisting conditions (a lie), I swear, progressives don't believe in natural selection or evolution, for example. Was the Ford motor company for the destruction of the automobile when it discontinued the Edsel line for example, or did the Ford motor company just want to make a better car (and the Edsel wasn't a better car)?

Oh but you forgot to mention Mitch McConnell. He wants to eliminate ACA along with the pre-existing condition. His insurance company donors want it gone. Congress has to pass a new republican plan. Not the president!

Not always. Let me profile college grads only. .
2020 College grads went to Biden 55-43
2016 to Hillary Clinton 52-44
2012 to Romney 51-47
2008 to Obama 50-48
2004 to Bush 52-46
2000 to Bush 51-45
1996 to Dole 46-44
1992 to G.H.W.Bush 41-39
1988 to G.H. W. Bush 62-37

For college grads that as far as the last polls takes us. Interesting if only college grads voted, Bill Clinton would have never become president and Obama would have been a one term president. Of course there would have been no Trump and it would have been Hillary running for reelection.

What really interesting here is the high school or less educated voted for the winner every time since Reagan vs. Carter. College grads for the winner 3 times out of 8 chances. But that is probably because of the numbers, there's more voters who haven't graduated from College than those who have.
Can you tell me why the latest crops of college graduates will always go for the progressive? I can, if you need assistance.
Better yet, can you tell me why most college educators are progressive?

[
So what was this better plan?
As more of a libertarian (than you), Trump thinks the change to ACA should be made by legislators.

Why haven't you gotten on legislators' cases since no plan to change the ACA has been proposed in congress?
What is congress' plan to fix the ACA?

It seems that legislators are just as concerned with keeping the ACA as it is than making the necessary changes to the ACA.

Last edited:
Oh but you forgot to mention Mitch McConnell. He wants to eliminate ACA along with the pre-existing condition. His insurance company donors want it gone. Congress has to pass a new republican plan. Not the president!
Yes. Hurdles that must be overcome to fix the ACA are placed by congressional conservatives who don't want any part of the ACA and hurdles to overcome to fix the ACA are placed by congressional progressives who want to keep the ACA as it is.

In the mean time, Americans are suffering because the ACA has been weakened by the Trump administration with the elimination of the mandate, and in the mean time, Americans are suffering because of the ACA with its lack of hospital choices, high premiums and high deductibles.

What plan does congressional progressives provide other than keeping the ACA?

EDIT: The ACA is an Edsel, IMO, yet no one in congress has proposed a plan to congress to make the ACA better.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
[

As more of a libertarian (than you), Trump thinks the change to ACA should be made by legislators.

Why haven't you gotten on legislators' cases since no plan to change the ACA has been proposed in congress?
What is congress' plan to fix the ACA?

It seems that legislators are just as concerned with keeping the ACA as it is than making the necessary changes to the ACA.

Cool story, bro. But that’s not what happened at all. If you are going to come up with imaginative stories, at least take the time to come up with something that doesn’t insult our intelligence.

If it’s just about the legislators, then why did he say he had a beautiful healthcare plan that would cover everyone during his campaign, and that’s why he was going to gut the ACA his firat day in office? And why weren’t any of his supporters even a little curious as to whether any thought had been given to such a plan? Because it was not about that at all, was it?

And even when it became very clear that neither he nor his legislators had any plan or a better “Edsel”, why was he still in the courts so aggressively trying to gut it? This aggressively reckless move would have stripped healthcare from tens of millions of Americans in the all in the middle of the worst and most lethal pandemic in the nation’s history in over a century,

You still want to tell us this was because he thought Congress was all of a sudden going to come up with a better Edsel?

The level of pure vindictiveness and hatred dripping from his mouth when he talked about the ACA was not what someone looking to build on and improve things constructively says. This was purely a personal vendetta. There never was any plan- just an overriding and all-consuming drive to crush any legacy this bold black man who didn’t know his place had had the audacity to leave- doesn’t matter the price the American people paid.

THAT was only motive behind this visceral hatred and opposition to the ACA. “Better Edsel” my foot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom