• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Less educated voters tend to go for Trump. Why is that?

No, they don't have an equal chance.

With the way social media works, and people not watching TV as much, it's entirely possible that they're mostly exposed to things they agree with that reinforce their beliefs.

You can't blame it on social media when people with all education levels are using those websites. Social media did not exist when I was 18.

I used to think highly-educated lawyers were pretty smart--until I heard so many of them say rather stupid things as political pundits on TV. I'm now convinced that it must not take very much intelligence to get a law degree.

(My sincere apologies to anyone here who has such a degree.)
I have noted the same thing, but only on here.

You can't blame it on social media when people with all education levels are using those websites. Social media did not exist when I was 18.
Not entirely, no.
But the way those systems tend to reinforce beliefs isn't helping.

The entire premise of this thread is that college educated Americans are on a higher level than non-college educated Americans.

This sort of pretentiousness is the most important reason I am frightened of having the Washington elite back in control of a Biden presidency.
It's not a new premise. Fact does not equal pretention.

I used to think highly-educated lawyers were pretty smart--until I heard so many of them say rather stupid things as political pundits on TV. I'm now convinced that it must not take very much intelligence to get a law degree.

(My sincere apologies to anyone here who has such a degree.)

I always assumed if someone has a law degree, he or she would know enough about the Constitution, federal laws, and the judiciary branch to make informed decisions at the polls. It is literally impossible to have a law degree and deny criminals were hired byr a criminal to commit more crimes.

I always assumed if someone has a law degree, he or she would know enough about the Constitution, federal laws, and the judiciary branch to make informed decisions at the polls. It is literally impossible to have a law degree and deny criminals were hired byr a criminal to commit more crimes.

Donkey, I once heard a law professor on TV say something like this (from memory) . . .

"These violent protestors are misinterpreting the law, and according to laws in this state the police didn't do anything wrong. However, in cases such as this, I think that the court should take the public's reaction into account."

Translation: This lawyer was advocating mob rule.

That's the kind of thing I'm talking about.

How about you find out the statistics of the average IQ for all Trump voters v Biden voters?
how about doing your own homework and then getting back to us with useful information

The reason Donald Trump loves poorly educated people is they never learned how to separate truth and propaganda, which makes them an easy target for his stupid lies.

How about you find out the statistics of the average IQ for all Trump voters v Biden voters?
Okay, I'll go to West Virginia, Kentucky and Alabama to get your data.

Answer deus: Because of the complete failure of our college system.
let's see if such a failure is demonstrated by the facts:
... One year ago, in August, 2019, seasonally adjusted unemployment for the civilian labor force stood at:
  • less than high school diploma 5.4%
  • high school graduate, but no college 3.6%
  • some college, or associate degree 3.0%
  • bachelors’s degree and higher 2.1%
In April 2020, as the pandemic was causing many businesses and industries to slow or close their operations, the unemployment rates were:
  • less than high school diploma 21.2%
  • high school graduate, but no college 17.3%
  • some college, or associate degree 15.0%
  • bachelors’s degree and higher 8.4 %
In June, as an economic recovery began, the figures were:
  • less than high school diploma 16.6%
  • high school graduate, but no college 12.1%
  • some college, or associate degree 10.9%
  • bachelors’s degree and higher 6.9 %
And in August, 2020, the most recent unemployment numbers are:
  • less than high school diploma 12.6%
  • high school graduate, but no college 9.8%
  • some college, or associate degree 8.0%
  • bachelors’s degree and higher 5.3%
Without exception, across this extraordinary 12-month period, the educational dividend paid by having more advanced levels of education was confirmed. The unemployment rates for individuals with only a high school diploma were anywhere from 1.75 times to twice as high as the rates for their college-educated peers. ...

if the educations provided by our nation's colleges and universities were so inferior, why were the employment rates for their graduates so superior?

Biden consistently polls better with college educated voters while the less educated voters tend toward trump. I just don't get it. Why would anyone have to have a college degree to see just what a disaster this President is?? Seriously.

You mean why don't blue collar workers like democrats? Probably because you guys send all their jobs overseas and want to kill their industries.

You mean why don't blue collar workers like democrats? Probably because you guys send all their jobs overseas and want to kill their industries.
the business owners who make such decisons are always democrats?
who knew?!

People without college lean racist, xenophobic, ultra-religious and fact-ignorant. Trump's base.
for most of the history of this country-when polling could be done-those who didn't make it through HS, almost always voted in the majority, for Democrats. So you want to stick with your claim?

So union, fast food restaurant employees, cooks, military, construction, carpenters, mechanics, nursing home health aides, cashiers, painters, stock clerks, welders and maids tend to be racists and fact-ignorant? How about low-income families living in government funded housing?
its complete nonsense he is spewing.

the business owners who make such decisons are always democrats?
who knew?!

Joe is pretty clear he plans to kill fracking, at least until asked, in which case he doesn't, at least until his next speech in which case he does again.

Biden consistently polls better with college educated voters while the less educated voters tend toward trump. I just don't get it. Why would anyone have to have a college degree to see just what a disaster this President is?? Seriously.

Less indoctrination by far-left educators.

Knowledge without wisdom is worthless.
Ask yourself where does wisdom come from? It has very little to do with cognitive development or education. Wisdom does not come along with a sheepskin of a diploma or certification because the education that produced that diploma often didn't produce critical thinkers but rather brainwashed students if lucky by the time they reach their 40's will figure it out.

Last edited:
if the educations provided by our nation's colleges and universities were so inferior, why were the employment rates for their graduates so superior?

Do you really think people with bachelor degrees can immediately use them to find living wage jobs? In reality, many people look for entry level jobs first to make ends meet while waiting for a dream job opportuniy. So yeah, they could be "employed" after college, but it may not be a full-time job that pays $15 per hour. Whose fault is that?

Joe is pretty clear he plans to kill fracking, at least until asked, in which case he doesn't, at least until his next speech in which case he does again.
i will take Joe at his word
he does intend to kill fracking
just not until he has the green alternative energy sources to replace what fracking provides
it amazes me how so many are so unable to comprehend something so easy to understand

Duhhhhhhhh bee cuz heez a successfool bizniss man who talks like meeeeee!

Do you really think people with bachelor degrees can immediately use them to find living wage jobs?
all people? certainly not. many of them? yes. why would most do the work and pay the cost of higher education and then not seek to benefit from the employment opportunities that college degree provides?
In reality, many people look for entry level jobs first to make ends meet while waiting for a dream job opportuniy.
maybe you have insights into the cohort of college graduates new to the work force. the people i went to college with were exploring career opportunities at least by the beginning of their senior year. possibly your experience was different and your graduates found college level work by seeking blue collar employment
So yeah, they could be "employed" after college, but it may not be a full-time job that pays $15 per hour.
your mixture of apples and oranges has provided you fruit salad, but a weak response
my post did not measure employement income. it measured employment and unemployment by education level
and what was found was higher educated people retained their employment during covid more often than less educated people
Whose fault is that?
yours as far as i can tell. you want to know why a group of people cannot earn higher wages, yet you offer nothing else to come to a conclusion about the underlying cause
maybe more education regarding socioeconomic factors and how to measure them would help you find the answers you are seeking

Back
Top Bottom