• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Leftist Ivy League university Princeton says that life begins at fertilization.

No consideration is given to the family of the father of the baby who is terminated. So, yeah, other families are involved.
No they arent. The father does not face possible loss of job or income in any significant way for being pregnant. The father is not putting his body, health and even life in danger from a pregnancy. The father can simply leave.

When it comes to an accident, leaving the scene can mean that others are paying financially for what you did. Or staying there to help could have meant potentially saving a life. At the very least, staying is being responsible for your actions. Leaving does not mean you won't get caught later. And leaving the scene of an accident, especially if it resulted in someone's death, can have similar consequences to staying and being charged with vehicular homicide while intoxicated. They are not comparable situations unless perhaps the person you hit was an assassin or you were running from the mob, in which the least of your worries are getting home so no one finds out you were drunk.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No they arent. The father does not face possible loss of job or income in any significant way for being pregnant. The father is not putting his body, health and even life in danger from a pregnancy. The father can simply leave.

Hmmm - you'd think all that "danger" to the woman would serve as a massive deterrent to women getting pregnant in the first place. Wonder why that isn't the case? Especially since it makes women look weak and stupid.

Hmmm - you'd think all that "danger" to the woman would serve as a massive deterrent to women getting pregnant in the first place. Wonder why that isn't the case? Especially since it makes women look weak and stupid.

What makes women look stupid and weak is arguing for men to be allowed to strip away our rights.

You would think the danger of someone having an abortion would keep men from having sex. What does that say about men that they don't?

No consideration is given to the family of the father of the baby who is terminated.

Nor should it be given to them. Families of the guys who impregnated the woman don't -- and shouldn't -- get to dictate what the woman should or should not do any more than the impregnators themselves. And guys who really don't like the idea of abortion need to be more careful who they hook up with.

Enjoying sex "responsibly"? That's a laugh. If women were capable of doing that there'd be little need for abortions.

You do know that all forms of birth control can and do fail sometimes, don't you? That no form of BC, condoms included, has a 100% guarantee against unwanted pregnancy? That means birth control failures can and do happen, even when used carefully and correctly, or as you like to put it, "responsibly."

Exactly. The woman has no such option if her right to an abortion is denied to her for whatever reason.

The abortion rate and the reasons given for wanting an abortion fly in the face of the claim that people are being "responsible".

No they don't. A woman has the right to have an abortion for any reason she considers valid. Whether or not you personally agree with any of those reasons or think any of them are "responsible" is irrelevant.

Absolutely agree, or arguing for other women to be allowed to strip away our rights, for that matter.

Yes, I hate it when a clearly female person makes slut shaming arguments against abortion.

Hmmm - you'd think all that "danger" to the woman would serve as a massive deterrent to women getting pregnant in the first place. Wonder why that isn't the case?

Hmmm...maybe because birth control failures can and do happen, since no BC method is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy.

Hmmm...maybe because birth control failures can and do happen, since no BC method is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy.

Interesting. So you're saying abortions are caused by birth control failures? This is America - where are all the lawsuits against these irresponsible companies putting out such defective products? If the annual failure rate of birth control products was anywhere near the annual abortion rate - there should be protest in the streets and Congressional hearings as to how companies are allowed to sell and profit on such slip-shod products they are selling to the public.

What makes women look stupid and weak is arguing for men to be allowed to strip away our rights.

Yet, men are the ones who benefit the most from abortions. No child support. There's also the benefit it keeps women sexually "liberated" to continue on with haphazard sexcapades with random guys.

Yet, men are the ones who benefit the most from abortions. No child support. There's also the benefit it keeps women sexually "liberated" to continue on with haphazard sexcapades with random guys.

Your slut shaming isn’t a good argument against. Nothing you’re saying is. It’s just personal theory gobbledy gook. Women should keep babies just to make men pay for them?

Your slut shaming isn’t a good argument against. Nothing you’re saying is. It’s just personal theory gobbledy gook. Women should keep babies just to make men pay for them?

"Slut" is your word - not mine. Women keep babies to make men pay for them? No, women shouldn't be getting pregnant in the first place if they don't wish to have a baby is what I'm saying. Stupidity and slut may go hand and hand but they aren't the same thing. Abortion is a valid medical procedure that has be usurped by pop culture. Just like reconstructive surgery (a valid medical procedure created to help the disfigured) was usurped by pop culture and mutated into plastic surgery. Amazing that in just such a short period of time we have gone from abortion being granted under a right to privacy between doctor and patient to "SHOUT YOUR ABORTION" - which by very definition should negate that "right to privacy" thing.

"Slut" is your word - not mine. Women keep babies to make men pay for them? No, women shouldn't be getting pregnant in the first place if they don't wish to have a baby is what I'm saying. Stupidity and slut may go hand and hand but they aren't the same thing. Abortion is a valid medical procedure that has be usurped by pop culture. Just like reconstructive surgery (a valid medical procedure created to help the disfigured) was usurped by pop culture and mutated into plastic surgery. Amazing that in just such a short period of time we have gone from abortion being granted under a right to privacy between doctor and patient to "SHOUT YOUR ABORTION" - which by very definition should negate that "right to privacy" thing.

If you used “women of a certain nature” it’s not calling them a slut either while calling them a slut.

I didn’t even bother reading after that bit of disingenuous message board garbage. Own your arguments and your beliefs. Not my job to pretend you don’t know how English works or the ideas you are clearly trying to convey with the words you have carefully chosen just so you can say “I didn’t use the word slut”.

Interesting. So you're saying abortions are caused by birth control failures? This is America - where are all the lawsuits against these irresponsible companies putting out such defective products? If the annual failure rate of birth control products was anywhere near the annual abortion rate - there should be protest in the streets and Congressional hearings as to how companies are allowed to sell and profit on such slip-shod products they are selling to the public.
Here are some statistics to help you understand the problem. They can be found at Guttmacher.com
10% of women that don't want to be pregnant are not using some form of birth control.
75% of women that get abortion are poor women living at or below the poverty line.(According to U.S. Census Bureau data, of the 38.1 million people living in poverty in 2018, 56 percent—or 21.4 million—were women.)
0% to 2% is the failure rate for the IUD, hormone implants, sterilization(tubes tied) for women these are extremely expensive and out of financial reach of most poor women
9% is the failure rate of The Pill. These cost about $20-50/ month. The cost is out of pocket for low wage workers who do not have insurance or Medicaid.
55% +/- of women rely on male contraceptives because they are the cheapest (condoms, withdrawal, rhythm)
18% to 25% is the failure rate of male birth control
0% of the poor can afford a lawyer that will fight a giant corporation.
100% of births to poor women are paid for by Medicaid
0% of abortions are paid for by any government program

Last edited:
Because these are Ivy League educators from a leftist university.

Unborn Black Lives Matter too
Lol princeton left wing? Maybe if conservatives werent so anti intellectual they could get in.

The KKK doesn’t believe that they are bigots. Slave owners didn’t believe they were bigots. Segregationists didn’t believe they were bigots. Hitler didn’t think he was a bigot. Stalin didn’t think he was a bigot. Just because one doesn’t think they are wrong or doesn’t think they are bigots doesn’t make it so. There is bigotry against the unborn. And I’ve seen many things from you other than abortion that shows me you have very little empathy.

Unborn black lives matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The unborn dont have any other rights. They are not a separate being especially at conception. This is silly.

I guess Hitler killing Jews wasn’t murder since it was legal, then, huh?

Abortion is not the same as genocide. Fetuses are not separate beings.

Re: Does it?

I always viewed as life beginning at fertilization. When I first heard about abortion as a kid, I was APPALLED that anyone would do such a thing.

Princeton is not a left wing university.

Cat got your tongue, Screenwriter? Your post to me was blank, just contained a quote.

He is 100% accurate. "Conception" is a religious term.

The question is when does the government gain jurisdiction and venue over a fetus - and when do full legal human rights start for a person?

Yes, Medicaid does fund abortions caused by incest and rape (less than 1%) and those where there is risk of death (less than 3%). It does not fund the other 97% of abortions for women on Medicaid. Are you upset that women pregnant because they were raped by a relative and women about to die from their pregnancy get help from Medicaid?

Back
Top Bottom