• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Labour MP Jo Cox in critical condition after being shot and stabbed

Given just how incredibly rare events like this are we prefer not to live in armed fear of each other just in case.

We've seen the graphic results of that on your side of the pond and nobody here would want to indulge that nightmare

Given the fact that Britain is one of the more violent countries on earth, I can see why your nanny state government doesn't allow you and your fellow subjects this freedom of choice. At least here in America.....we have a right to bear arms as a individual freedom. Basic rights of protection is often abused by criminals......not responsible gun owners. That is something that a subject like yourself will never understand because you grew up thinking that the government should have the final say in individual rights.

Yeah...we have a high rate of gun deaths compared to the Euro's, but we also have individual rights that ignorant people like yourself could never understand.

We kicked your azzes outta here after your country abused the colonists basic human freedoms. Then your country continued to abuse and colonize other countries for another 150+ years until they finally kicked your azzes out.

I will choose individual freedom......... regardless of what criminals do with guns.

What an ignorant, xenophobic post. Contributing absolutely nothing to the discussion except to insult our English friends who post here. Asinine beyond belief, but typical of what we get from the 'Guns are Us' crowd.

Perhaps if Jo had a weapon she would be alive today..... I guess we will never know because British law denied her the option?

Boy, there's a brilliant response. And if the people in the nightclub had had automatic weapons, we could have set up a great crossfire, right? My one regret is that they aren't letting the delegates to the Republican National Convention pack heat on the floor. Then we really could have had some fun.

Boy, there's a brilliant response. And if the people in the nightclub had had automatic weapons, we could have set up a great crossfire, right? My one regret is that they aren't letting the delegates to the Republican National Convention pack heat on the floor. Then we really could have had some fun.

Well, I did expect a response like that from the pajama boy metrosexual crowd.

Mateen didn't use a full auto, or did he need to.

Your juvenile, and violent "hopes" regarding the convention only expresses a certain immaturity on your part.

Given the fact that Britain is one of the more violent countries on earth, I can see why your nanny state government doesn't allow you and your fellow subjects this freedom of choice. At least here in America.....we have a right to bear arms as a individual freedom.

You are the nation living in armed fear of each other with a murder rate 5 times ours due to guns. Like an earlier poster already noted your toddlers shoot more people in accidents every year than we do in the whole country

Basic rights of protection is often abused by criminals......not responsible gun owners.

So why aren't our criminals able to given our criminal shootings are almost as rare as lightning strikes here ?

That is something that a subject like yourself will never understand because you grew up thinking that the government should have the final say in individual rights.

What is it you feel I'm being subjected to then ? Ever actually been here and witnessed this opression because I'm still waiting for it to happen

Yeah...we have a high rate of gun deaths compared to the Euro's, but we also have individual rights that ignorant people like yourself could never understand.

Yes they give you the facility to kill one another more easily. I doubt thats a right anyone here would wish to share given the horrendous consequences it has had for your society

I will choose individual freedom......... regardless of what criminals do with guns.

Our people choose that too and we choose not to have guns. As a consequence of that I am now over 40 times less likely to be shot and 5 times less likely to be murdered than you are

You are the nation living in armed fear of each other with a murder rate 5 times ours. Like an earlier poster already noted your toddlers shoot more people in accidents every year than we do in the whole country

So why aren't our criminals able to given our criminal shootings are almost as rare as lightning strikes here ?

What is it you feel I'm being subjected to then ? Ever actually been here and witnessed this opression because I'm still waiting for it to happen

Yes they give you the facility to kill one another more easily. I doubt thats a right anyone here would wish to share given the horrendous consequences it has had for your society

Our people choose that too and we choose not to have guns. As a consequence of that I am now over 40 times less likely to be shot and 5 times less likely to be murdered than you are

While jo was being stabbed and shot.......... do you really believe that she was thinking about American gun laws?

While jo was being stabbed and shot.......... do you really believe that she was thinking about American gun laws?

Well it certainly didn't stop the US gun hugger bandwagon piling in on ours did it ? :roll:

I believe my right to life works 30 times better than an American's. And for longer too. Especially gun owners.

Well it certainly didn't stop the US gun hugger bandwagon piling in on ours did it ? :roll:

When England's crime rate isn't three-times higher than The United States, then you can criticize my country.

When England's crime rate isn't three-times higher than The United States, then you can criticize my country.

And if it ever was you might have a point the US figures in violent crime in all categories are vastly worse than the UK . Ever been here then because we certainly aren't the ones who feel the need to live in armed fear of each other?

Graph-1.jpg

https://dispellingthemythukvsusguns.wordpress.com/

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jul/17/crime-falls-england-wales-lowest-level-33-years

Last edited:
Those are accidents.

You're missing the point ~ our children don't have access to weapons with which they can kill people. I don't have figures for how many people in the UK have been shot or killed with guns by toddlers or small children in the last 30 years here but I think I could easily find examples from your country.

You're missing the point ~ our children don't have access to weapons with which they can kill people. I don't have figures for how many people in the UK have been shot or killed with guns by toddlers or small children in the last 30 years here but I think I could easily find examples from your country.

And probably one from each week too :shock:

And probably one from each week too :shock:

I'm not going to go into a massive gun debate as this thread is about the tragic death of Jo Cox but this Washington Post article claims that kids in the US are 9 times more likely to be involved in gun related fatalities than children anywhere else in the developed world and that includes Canada and Switzerland where guns are equally common.

The sad irony is the people from that culture are here lecturing on how mush safer we would be following that country's example.

Those are accidents.

Yes. But still dead. American toddlers "accidentally" shoot more people than are purposely shot in the UK, and you try to claim the UK is less safe?

Yes. But still dead. American toddlers "accidentally" shoot more people than are purposely shot in the UK, and you try to claim the UK is less safe?

Careful . If you are inferring it might be a good idea to deny those US toddlers their Constitutional rights ....... take cover :cool:

5year.old.jpg

The UK's crime rate is three times higher than The USA. It's a good thing y'all got gun control. There's no telling what might happen with you all's criminal culture.

There's no way around accidents.

Last edited:
England has a vast criminal culture.

So why is it that per capita you lock up 5 times the number of people we do ? In fact the US locks up a larger percentage of its citizenry than any other nation on earth !

So why is it that per capita you lock up 5 times the number of people we do ? In fact the US locks up a larger percentage of its citizenry than any other nation on earth !

Maybe that's why our crime rate isn't as high as the UK's. Maybe your criminal culture could be cured with some actual punishment.

Back
Top Bottom