• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kudos To Ole Lyin Ted, The Good Guy

Well, actually it is just like Trump. But Cruz did sign that pledge, and that may not play very well either. After what Trump said about his wife, I can see why he wouldn't endorse Trump, but he could also have declined the opportunity to speak.

Why did he speak last night? What was Cruz's point?

People who sign pledges to back a stupid political party should be ashamed of themselves! Every candidate for any politic office should only pledge elegance to the Constitution. If they're elected that's the oath they're required to take, not any oath of elegance to any stupid political party.

Cruz says his pledge to support the candidate of the party was null and void the day Trump attacked publicly his wife and father. Great excuse if you ask me!

Last edited:
People who sign pledges to back a stupid political party should be ashamed of themselves! Every candidate for any politic office should only pledge elegance to the Constitution. If they're elected that's the oath they're required to take, not any oath of elegance to any stupid political party.

He had the choice he didn't have to sign it. He did. Now he's just a sore loser with no integrity.

Cruz says his pledge to support the candidate of the party was null and void the day Trump attacked publicly his wife and father. Great excuse if you ask me!

Then he should have done the proper thing and not signed the pledge at the time it was a question. and he should have stayed away from the convention instead of trying to further his own political career for the future.

Well, actually it is just like Trump. But Cruz did sign that pledge, and that may not play very well either. After what Trump said about his wife, I can see why he wouldn't endorse Trump, but he could also have declined the opportunity to speak.

Why did he speak last night? What was Cruz's point?

Maybe because it was the "Republican National Convention" and not the "Donald Trump Convention"?

Maybe because he is like a lot of us who wants to see the party survive the potential disaster that is Donald Trump?

Maybe because he was denigrated by Trump fans for not standing up for his principles?

I agree with you that he didn't have to go there (like Kasich didn't), but then again, after the way Trump treated him, maybe he just wanted to be a bastard too. Who knows?

Ok, a singular response, but likely representative.

My wife has been a Cruz supporter for some time. She was disgusted that he didn't live up to his promise to support the candidate voters ultimately selected. Her words: "Cruz just showed me he is a man of no integrity and honor. I will never listen to him again."

Will time heal all wounds? I hope not.

Yes because there is nothing that says honor like sacrificing your personal principles to honor a "pledge" made up by the Establishment that Trump and his supporters were fighting against for the last year.

My wife has been a Cruz supporter for some time. She was disgusted that he didn't live up to his promise to support the candidate voters ultimately selected.

He didn't? Where did he attack Trump? He congratulated the man, and went on to attack Trump's opponent.

THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN APPROVED THIS SPEECH.

Maybe because it was the "Republican National Convention" and not the "Donald Trump Convention"?

Maybe because he is like a lot of us who wants to see the party survive the potential disaster that is Donald Trump?

Maybe because he was denigrated by Trump fans for not standing up for his principles?

I agree with you that he didn't have to go there (like Kasich didn't), but then again, after the way Trump treated him, maybe he just wanted to be a bastard too. Who knows?

He's just too stupid to see the writing on the wall. The entrench old school good old boys Republicans are out of favor with the republican voters. There is a reason why Trump is the nominee to spite everything they have done to stop him. It's time to get a clue. Hell, in the beginning Jeb was the Golden boy. That went over like a Lead Zeppelin.

He's just too stupid to see the writing on the wall. The entrench old school good old boys Republicans are out of favor with the republican voters. There is a reason why Trump is the nominee to spite everything they have done to stop him. It's time to get a clue.

I don't know if you've been paying attention at all lately, but those entrenched old school good old boy Republicans are firmly behind Trump, not least because they hate Cruz.

Yes because there is nothing that says honor like sacrificing your personal principles to honor a "pledge" made up by the Establishment that Trump and his supporters were fighting against for the last year.

I wouldn't of even signed that pledge if I was Cruz, or even Kasich.

Ted represents the entrenched establishment Republicrats, the dead and dying branch of the republican party that the voters have overwhelmingly expressed they no longer support just by voting for trump.

Apparently you didn't bother to watch Cruz's speech on the Senate floor calling his party's Senate Majority Leader a "liar," huh?

Why is it then, according to your opinion, is Cruz the most hated member of Congress by the status-Quo establishment folks? Me thinks me disagrees with you!

I'm no Cruz supporter, he can't separate his evangelicalism from his constitutionalism, but the man has principles and gonads, I give him that.

Cruz stated publicly, and to the voters, he would support the eventual candidate voters selected. He then went in front of the delegates at the convention, and in front of the camera's, and proved he is not a man of his word. He should have put his ego in check, and declined the invitation to speak.

I wouldn't of even signed that pledge if I was Cruz, or even Kasich.

The "Pledge" represented the very thing that Trump, and his supporters, oppose. Affirmation of blind support of the establishment. No fight against the status quo. No opposition or opening your mouth to stand on principles. Paul Ryan is persona non grata for not standing up for his principles. John Kasich is persona non grata for standing up for his principles. They are bitching about this stupid pledge now, and using it as a shield to attack Cruz and Kasich.

Cruz stated publicly, and to the voters, he would support the eventual candidate voters selected. He then went in front of the delegates at the convention, and in front of the camera's, and proved he is not a man of his word. He should have put his ego in check, and declined the invitation to speak.

Yes, he should just have blindly accepted the establishment and the candidate, and toss aside his own principles. I know. I know. I mean, there were cameras there. You can't have principles in front of cameras.

Apparently you didn't bother to watch Cruz's speech on the Senate floor calling his party's Senate Majority Leader a "liar," huh?

Why is it then, according to your opinion, is Cruz the most hated member of Congress by the status-Quo establishment folks? Me thinks me disagrees with you!

I'm no Cruz supporter, he can't separate his evangelicalism from his constitutionalism, but the man has principles and gonads, I give him that.
What are Cruz' principles, anyway? That he's for small government? He's a Conservative, for crying out loud - No he's not. That Cruz wants to follow the founders' interpretation of The Constitution? For example, he's for individual guns rights, which wasn't the original intent of the second amendment when passed in 1789.

Lyin' Ted? Maybe delusional Ted is more accurate?

Cruz stated publicly, and to the voters, he would support the eventual candidate voters selected. He then went in front of the delegates at the convention, and in front of the camera's, and proved he is not a man of his word.

1. He congratulated Trump on the victory, and then went on to attack Trump's opponent, and tell Republicans that they needed to get out and vote in November.

2. Coming from the camp of the man who stated he would no longer honor the pledge back in March, it's a bit rich to hear people bitching about Cruz's tepid support counting as a violation of his word.

If you actually gave a **** about people keeping their word, you wouldn't be supporting a serial liar on his third wife.

Yes, he should just have blindly accepted the establishment and the candidate, and toss aside his own principles. I know. I know. I mean, there were cameras there. You can't have principles in front of cameras.

Well, to be fair, it's the Trump Way.

My wife has been a Cruz supporter for some time. She was disgusted that he didn't live up to his promise to support the candidate voters ultimately selected. Her words: "Cruz just showed me he is a man of no integrity and honor. I will never listen to him again."

Will time heal all wounds? I hope not.

The your wife should't expect you to defend her honor either, huh?

If your wife is more interested in a pledge to support a stupid political party than she is the Constitution, then maybe she shouldn't vote? Politicians should pledge to support the Constitution, not stupid partisan, special interest, private exclusive political party candidates.

What are Cruz' principles, anyway? That he's for small government? He's a Conservative, for crying out loud - No he's not. That Cruz wants to follow the founders' interpretation of The Constitution? For example, he's for individual guns rights, which wasn't the original intent of the second amendment when passed in 1789.
Lyin' Ted? Maybe delusional Ted is more accurate.

It's not even bait at this point.

He's just too stupid to see the writing on the wall. The entrench old school good old boys Republicans are out of favor with the republican voters. There is a reason why Trump is the nominee to spite everything they have done to stop him. It's time to get a clue. Hell, in the beginning Jeb was the Golden boy. That went over like a Lead Zeppelin.

If Cruz and the others are are "out of favor" with you "Republican voters" (I guess those of us who aren't supporting Trump don't count), then why do you care that he didn't blindly endorse your guy? You just said his endorsement isn't worth anything. Trump was in charge of this convention. Trump invited him there. Why invite someone who is one of those nasty, entrenched, good old boys you dislike so much?

He didn't? Where did he attack Trump? He congratulated the man, and went on to attack Trump's opponent.

THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN APPROVED THIS SPEECH.

Where did I suggest he attacked Trump?

Cruz failed to live up to his promise. That is all I have commented on. He proved he has no honor. He should never have promised to support whatever candidate voters picked, if he didn't actually intend to honor it.

He needs to apologize for his breach of integrity and trust, or likely be ready to be little more than a footnote politically.

Voters are tired of the duplicitous, self serving nature of politicians, and Cruz just proved his is no different.

Why is it then, according to your opinion, is Cruz the most hated member of Congress by the status-Quo establishment folks?

Yeah, the Trumpkins are going Full Retard on this one.

Back
Top Bottom