• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kudos To Ole Lyin Ted, The Good Guy

The "Pledge" represented the very thing that Trump, and his supporters, oppose. Affirmation of blind support of the establishment. No fight against the status quo. No opposition or opening your mouth to stand on principles. Paul Ryan is persona non grata for not standing up for his principles. John Kasich is persona non grata for standing up for his principles. They are bitching about this stupid pledge now, and using it as a shield to attack Cruz and Kasich.

That's also true.

Plus, them signing that pledge was just stupid. What sense does it even make?

I'll support whoever the nominee is, even if I think they're a reprehensible piece of garbage!

So I don't think Cruz or Kasich should have signed the pledge to begin with, and I don't think they should honor it. **** that.

Where did I suggest he attacked Trump?

Cruz failed to live up to his promise

On the contrary - Cruz supported Trump by coming to the convention, congratulating him on his win, attacking his opponents for him, and telling Republicans to come out and vote. It never said that he was obligated to defend and support Trump with every fiber of his being.

That is all I have commented on. He proved he has no honor. He should never have promised to support whatever candidate voters picked, if he didn't actually intend to honor it.

Yeah, again, coming from any Trump supporter, that's laughable.

He needs to apologize for his breach of integrity and trust, or likely be ready to be little more than a footnote politically.

Let me know when you think Trump needs to do the same for publicly tossing aside the Pledge back in March.

A contract that one party has already withdrawn from is no longer binding.

Voters are tired of the duplicitous, self serving nature of politicians, and Cruz just proved his is no different.

:lol: again, coming from supporters of a serial-lying fraud-artist, that's rich.

Cruz just did something difficult, and unpopular. He showed he wasn't spineless, when so many are. Self Serving? How in the world was it self-serving? :lol:

1. He congratulated Trump on the victory, and then went on to attack Trump's opponent, and tell Republicans that they needed to get out and vote in November.

2. Coming from the camp of the man who stated he would no longer honor the pledge back in March, it's a bit rich to hear people bitching about Cruz's tepid support counting as a violation of his word.

If you actually gave a **** about people keeping their word, you wouldn't be supporting a serial liar on his third wife.

Yeah, well, I remember all of those posts and threads by Trump supporters in March, wailing and bemoaning Trump for having no honor because he backed out of his pledge to support the party nominee no matter who it was. Don't you?

Then he should have done the proper thing and not signed the pledge at the time it was a question. and he should have stayed away from the convention instead of trying to further his own political career for the future.

Sometimes he does things that are politically expedient and sometimes he sticks to his values.

The problem is that we don't know which is which.

He had the choice he didn't have to sign it. He did. Now he's just a sore loser with no integrity.

The system is rigged by the duopoly. You need the party money to get elected dog catcher. That's why they sign pledges to support the stupid corrupt parties and their candidates.

If you think that reneging on a stupid party pledge to get the party money after your opponent publicly insulted your wife and father makes you a sore loser without integrity, then your spouse needs to be warned to never expect you to defend their integrity and honor, huh?

If Cruz and the others are are "out of favor" with you "Republican voters" (I guess those of us who aren't supporting Trump don't count), then why do you care that he didn't blindly endorse your guy? You just said his endorsement isn't worth anything. Trump was in charge of this convention. Trump invited him there. Why invite someone who is one of those nasty, entrenched, good old boys you dislike so much?

Trump won 37 states so Cruz and the others are out of favor with the majority of republican voters. Trump is hardly a conservative especially when compared to Cruz and the others. From the election results we can see that the Republican voters are becoming more liberal and thoroughly fed up with the established conservatives. As for why invite Cruz then, it was win win, if he endorsed him it gets more support from the further right if he refused if galvanizes his support from the further left. The numbers actually are in Trumps favor if Cruz didn't endorse him.

As much as I dislike the theocrat Cruz, I gotta hand it to him for having the huevos to stand up to the rabble and tell them that they have destroyed their party, but the party has been killed by many of the rubes that are in it now. They are just too blind to see how they have harmed themselves by excluding more and more of the population.

Yes, he should just have blindly accepted the establishment and the candidate, and toss aside his own principles. I know. I know. I mean, there were cameras there. You can't have principles in front of cameras.

No, you can't lie to voters, and then think they will be cool with it.

As much as I dislike the theocrat Cruz, I gotta hand it to him for having the huevos to stand up to the rabble and tell them that they have destroyed their party, but the party has been killed by many of the rubes that are in it now. They are just too blind to see how they have harmed themselves by excluding more and more of the population.

Exactly. Good on Cruz for not towing the party line. But I still dislike him, though.

Then he should have done the proper thing and not signed the pledge at the time it was a question. and he should have stayed away from the convention instead of trying to further his own political career for the future.

What? And ignore a chance to revenge his wife and father's integrity and honor when the culprit offered him the bribery opportunity to get even? That's funny!

Trump won 37 states so Cruz and the others are out of favor with the majority of republican voters. Trump is hardly a conservative especially when compared to Cruz and the others. From the election results we can see that the Republican voters are becoming more liberal and thoroughly fed up with the established conservatives. As for why invite Cruz then, it was win win, if he endorsed him it gets more support from the further right if he refused if galvanizes his support from the further left. The numbers actually are in Trumps favor if Cruz didn't endorse him.

31 million votes cast in the Republican primaries. 14 million of them went to Trump. That isn't a majority where I come from.

It sounds like you're happy that Cruz didn't support him because you think this will help Trump's numbers anyway. Then you should be grateful to that silly Texan politician for standing on his principles.

Yeah, the Trumpkins are going Full Retard on this one.
Do you mention bait in my previous post? So. I guess your bait philosophy is: it's only OK for you to bait?

Besides, what is the bait in my previous post? That Cruz says he's for an originalist interpretation of The Constitution (not of the Virginia Constitution, a precursor to The Constitution, The Articles of Confederation, or the Magna Carta, for example) while he doesn't want the second amendment interpreted like the founders in 1789 wanted the second to be interpreted?

No, you can't lie to voters, and then think they will be cool with it.

Why not? Trump has. Trump lied when he took the pledge. You seem to forget what happened in March.

Asked during a CNN town hall whether he stood by the earlier pledge — which he signed in September after meeting with party chairman Reince Priebus — Trump said: "No, I don't."

"We'll see who it is," he told moderator Anderson Cooper.

Read more: Trump takes back pledge to support GOP nominee - POLITICO
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

The system is rigged by the duopoly. You need the party money to get elected dog catcher. That's why they sign pledges to support the stupid corrupt parties and their candidates.

If you think that reneging on a stupid party pledge to get the party money after your opponent publicly insulted your wife and father makes you a sore loser without integrity, then your spouse needs to be warned to never expect you to defend their integrity and honor, huh?

It is a duopoly, but that has nothing to do with Cruz losing integrity for reneging on a pledge he signed in good faith. He could have endorsed Trump and defended his integrity and honor, he was on stage speaking, he had the floor.

Exactly. Good on Cruz for not towing the party line. But I still dislike him, though.

Yeah, he is a nasty little man who would do everything to impose his theocratic obsessions.

This whole convention is just comedy gold, a pure circular firing squad.

1. He congratulated Trump on the victory, and then went on to attack Trump's opponent, and tell Republicans that they needed to get out and vote in November.

2. Coming from the camp of the man who stated he would no longer honor the pledge back in March, it's a bit rich to hear people bitching about Cruz's tepid support counting as a violation of his word.

If you actually gave a **** about people keeping their word, you wouldn't be supporting a serial liar on his third wife.

Did Cruz follow through with his promise to voters to support the eventual candidate they picked? Did Cruz say last night he supported Donald Trump for President?

Simple questions not requiring qualifiers or spin.

People don't always get what they want. I don't always get what I want, and I own my company.

I live in California, and politically and legislatively, I never get what I want. I accept that as the way it works. I accept Trump, because that is the way it works. I think Obama is a vile human being, but I accept he is President of the United States, because that is how it works.

Cruz did not win the primary, because that is how it works.

If you actually gave a damn about the principles and process that make this country unique and great, you wouldn't be supporting this BS from Cruz who just lived up to Trumps name for him.

There is a reason why Trump is the nominee

Correct! The American electorate. (people sucker enough to vote in the duopoly's rigged elections), are for the most part, uninformed and politically ignorant. Trump and Clinton are the proof positive of it

It sounds like you're happy that Cruz didn't support him because you think this will help Trump's numbers anyway. Then you should be grateful to that silly Texan politician for standing on his principles.

Yes I want Trump to win not Hillary, all this crying over how bad Trump is, is pointless at this point. You either support Trump of we get Hillary for most likely the next 8 years.

Correct! The American electorate. (people sucker enough to vote in the duopoly's rigged elections), are for the most part, uninformed and politically ignorant. Trump and Clinton are the proof positive of it

On that we can agree.

Well, actually it is just like Trump. But Cruz did sign that pledge, and that may not play very well either. After what Trump said about his wife, I can see why he wouldn't endorse Trump, but he could also have declined the opportunity to speak.

Why did he speak last night? What was Cruz's point?

He shouldn't have spoke or he shouldn't of signed the pledge. Politics have been a down and dirty game since our forefathers first played it in this country. Defeated party puppets have been kissing up to the winner for a long time now. Just ask Hillary. She kissed Obama's backside when he defeated her. That is part of the role of being a party puppet. Cruz evidently is not a good party puppet.

The your wife should't expect you to defend her honor either, huh?

If your wife is more interested in a pledge to support a stupid political party than she is the Constitution, then maybe she shouldn't vote? Politicians should pledge to support the Constitution, not stupid partisan, special interest, private exclusive political party candidates.

Excuse me? Defend her honor? WTH are you talking about?

Cruz promised to support the eventual candidate. He didn't. He lied. Simple story.

Did Cruz follow through with his promise to voters to support the eventual candidate they picked? Did Cruz say last night he supported Donald Trump for President?

Simple questions not requiring qualifiers or spin.

People don't always get what they want. I don't always get what I want, and I own my company.

I live in California, and politically and legislatively, I never get what I want. I accept that as the way it works. I accept Trump, because that is the way it works. I think Obama is a vile human being, but I accept he is President of the United States, because that is how it works.

Cruz did not win the primary, because that is how it works.

If you actually gave a damn about the principles and process that make this country unique and great, you wouldn't be supporting this BS from Cruz who just lived up to Trumps name for him.

Trump Renounces Pledge To Support Any Other GOP Nominee: "I'm Not Asking For Ted's Support" | Video | RealClearPolitics

COOPER: Do you continue to pledge whoever the Republican nominee is?

TRUMP: No. I don't anymore.

COOPER: You don't?

TRUMP: No, we'll see who it is.

COOPER: You won't promise to support the Republican nominee?

TRUMP: He was essentially saying the same thing. Let me just tell you, he doesn't have to support me. I have tremendous support right now from the people. I'm way over two million votes more than him. I have many, many, more delegates than him. Like, many, many more delegates...

And I've been treated very unfairly.

COOPER: Unfairly by?

TRUMP: I'll give you an example.

COOPER: Who?

TRUMP: I think by, basically, the RNC, the Republican party, the establishment.

What are Cruz' principles, anyway? That he's for small government? He's a Conservative, for crying out loud - No he's not. That Cruz wants to follow the founders' interpretation of The Constitution? For example, he's for individual guns rights, which wasn't the original intent of the second amendment when passed in 1789.

Lyin' Ted? Maybe delusional Ted is more accurate?

If you think I'll defend Ted Cruz politically, think again! I'm no Ted Cruz fan. His principles are defending the honor and integrity of his wife and father and having the gonads to do it on the floor of the Republican Convention by refusing to endorse Donald Trump.

I'll ask you what Donald Trump's principles are? How about bribing public officials to make his fortune. How about his egotistical narcissism? What do you think The Donald will do about reducing government? When has The Donald even mentioned the Constitution? Has The Donald even ever read it?

Back
Top Bottom