• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kudos To Ole Lyin Ted, The Good Guy

Seriously. Cruz is easily the least-establishment person in Congress. I don't know where the Cruz=establishment thing has come from.

The same source as birtherism, the idea that Cruz is a serial-adulterer, and the claim that Rafael Cruz was part of the JFK assassination. :roll: Trump fans will defend anything, no matter how stupid, that trips out of his mouth.

Isn't abandoning your principles to to endorse an opponent who you actually disagree with for the sake of your party the classic establishment move? Wasn't Bernie lambasted for being an establishment shill for endorsing Hillary just two weeks ago?

Pretty much. Cruz is acting precisely as Trump fans have been complaining that the GOP doesn't act. And they hate him for it.

I really don't buy this Trump is a brilliant mastermind theory that some people seem to believe. He's a smart guy, and he knows how to fire up the anti-establishment spirit that a lot of Americans have, but he's not some genius that has planned out all of these events like this.

If he was, he'd probably be able to be doing better than slightly behind a Democratic nominee who's unfavorable rating is near 60% and was just investigated by the FBI after 8 years of a Democratic president.

I think the truth is that neither Trump nor Cruz realized how Cruz's speech would be received. Trump was cool with not getting an endorsement from Cruz. It was the audience that got upset about it.

I've got to be amused by the idea that Trump is no good because he's not already beating Hillary by a mile. Hillary has several important advantages, and she has been spending gazillions while Trump has spent next to nothing so far.

I've got to be amused by the idea that Trump is no good because he's not already beating Hillary by a mile. Hillary has several important advantages, and she has been spending gazillions while Trump has spent next to nothing so far.

It's not that he's not winning by a mile, it's that he's not winning at all. And Hillary's negatives should outweigh her advantages. (And do considering her disapproval is hovering around 60%). A Republican should be ahead of a nominee like Hillary Clinton, and that he's not leads me to believe he's a weaker candidate than others would be.

:lol: it shows that Trump is more guilty of the same thing you want to castigate Cruz for... and you don't care. :)

LOL!!

Trump won. Cruz didn't. Cruz is being the spoiled little kid who cannot rise above his disappointment for running a failed campaign.

And...from the boos in the video I saw, the GOP rank and file seem content to just watch Cruz go away.

Anyone that thinks Cruz did this for any other reason than trying to help his future Presidential run, you're crazy. Cruz only cares about himself.

Tres, I'm sorry, but I don't share you disgust with Trump. I've read your posts and I understand you despise the guy. I get it.

You're not going to change my opinion, nor my observation of how things went down.

Trump provided months of notice regarding this pledge thing. Cruz hid his. I didn't give anyone a pass.

Do I blame Cruz for not supporting Trump? No, I don't blame him.

He should never have spoken at the convention, and he should have stated he had no intent on supporting the Republican nominee for President.

:doh Trump and Cruz announced that they were not promising to stick with the pledge within a few hours of each other. This is all documented. Please do not insult my intelligence making me read drivel like "Trump provided months of notice and Cruz hid his." Just stop.

Anyone that thinks Cruz did this for any other reason than trying to help his future Presidential run, you're crazy. Cruz only cares about himself.

Unlike all of the other politicians who wake up every morning and say "I wonder what ajn678 needs today?".

We'll put your proposal to select the nominee by simple majority vote to the RNC and see what they think. But in any case Trump got more votes than the other candidates.

You mean the principle where if someone insults your family you'll have your revenge even if it brings your own party down? That principle? We've got an awful lot of principatin' goin' on here, not enough electioneering. Your principles don't mean s*** if you don't WIN in November. We're going to be suffering under Hillary's dictatorship principles at this rate.

What proposal?

What do you have against Hillary? Until 2008, Donald Trump thought she was the most qualified person to be President. He donated lots of money to support her quest to be President.

:doh Trump and Cruz announced that they were not promising to stick with the pledge within a few hours of each other. This is all documented. Please do not insult my intelligence making me read drivel like "Trump provided months of notice and Cruz hid his." Just stop.

I'm sorry Tres, but don't attempt to insult mine by demanding I accept your opinion. I disagree with it.

Cruz said he is not in the habit of supporting someone who insults his wife and child. I wouldn't either.

But he accepted the opportunity to speak at the RNC where Trump was just nominated. If he didn't support Trump, don't speak.

He's a tool for doing it, and qualified, IMO, as nothing more than another of the Establishment freaks I am sick of having in Washington.

If you don't like those words. Too Bad.

Trump won. Cruz didn't.

:shrug: which is immaterial to the question - Trump is the one who tore up the pledge months ago, nullifying it. If you want to pretend to be upset about the pledge being completely honored, feel free to start with the guy who ended it.

You won't, mind you, because you aren't really all that upset about it - you're upset that people don't like your guy, and you're using the pledge as a tool. If you actually gave a crap about things like honor or keeping ones' word, you wouldn't be backing a thrice-married serial liar who tore up that very pledge back in March.

Agreed. Not a fan of Ted but at least he isn't kissing Trump's greasy ass like the rest of the prostitutes that were at Trump's throat a few months ago.

It just amazes me how quickly principals are lost when it comes to furthering themselves.

Other then Christie and Ben Carson, who ran against him that is now kissing his ass?

:shrug: which is immaterial to the question - Trump is the one who tore up the pledge months ago, nullifying it....
You really think the Trumpets care about pesky things like facts, or rationality, or consistency...?

You really think the Trumpets care about pesky things like facts, or rationality, or consistency...?

No. But here they can be pinned with it, and have to be a bit more obvious about the squirming and attempts to avoid.

:shrug: which is immaterial to the question - Trump is the one who tore up the pledge months ago, nullifying it. If you want to pretend to be upset about the pledge being completely honored, feel free to start with the guy who ended it.

You won't, mind you, because you aren't really all that upset about it - you're upset that people don't like your guy, and you're using the pledge as a tool. If you actually gave a crap about things like honor or keeping ones' word, you wouldn't be backing a thrice-married serial liar who tore up that very pledge back in March.

I'm not upset about the pledge at all. Heck, the Republicans can do whatever they want and I'll just watch. And, while I am a dispassionate watcher of these events I have the advantage of not having any kind of bias to cloud my perception.

I don't think you can say the same. In fact, YOU seem to be more upset than you think I am.

What proposal?

What do you have against Hillary? Until 2008, Donald Trump thought she was the most qualified person to be President. He donated lots of money to support her quest to be President.

But Donald Trump made his fortune bribing public officials and he thought Hillary would win the Presidency in 2008. BTW, bribing public officials is a felony, so is gross negligence of handling classified materials. Suckers who vote this election won't just get to decide the lesser of 2 evils, they'll get to pick between 2 felons. No others need apply, the duopoly dictatorship owns America's political system.

Well, actually it is just like Trump. But Cruz did sign that pledge, and that may not play very well either. After what Trump said about his wife, I can see why he wouldn't endorse Trump, but he could also have declined the opportunity to speak.

Why did he speak last night? What was Cruz's point?

When it comes to pledges Trump is no better. His was conditional and basically amounted to extortion of the party. (If you don't treat me right I will run independent). That's bullcrap.

If that were a felony that was enforced we would need to build more prisons and elect all new congress critters.

It's enforced but Trump has been lucky so far. Or he's bribed even father up the food chain.

When it comes to pledges Trump is no better. His was conditional and basically amounted to extortion of the party. (If you don't treat me right I will run independent). That's bullcrap.

Well, I would expect better of a Cruz (I have very low expectations of Trump).

You think his nomination was extorted?

Well, I would expect better of a Cruz (I have very low expectations of Trump).

You think his nomination was extorted?

My point was what he said was a form of verbal extortion. He did get the votes albeit not the tremendous voting block he claims.

Last edited:
I'm not upset about the pledge at all. Heck, the Republicans can do whatever they want and I'll just watch. And, while I am a dispassionate watcher of these events

:shrug: given your double standard, evidently not.

Back
Top Bottom