• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kindergartners in WA state to be taught 'transgenderism'

The schools "MAY" begin to indoctrinate children as young as Kindergarten age. Awesome. Lets dump **** that is already damaging adults into the brains of people that are still learning how to tie their shoes.
"The following are the 58 gender options identified by ABC News:"

Agender
Androgyne
Androgynous
Bigender
Cis
Cisgender
Cis Female
Cis Male
Cis Man
Cis Woman
Cisgender Female
Cisgender Male
Cisgender Man
Cisgender Woman
Female to Male
FTM
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Male to Female
MTF
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Trans
Trans*
Trans Female
Trans* Female
Trans Male
Trans* Male
Trans Man
Trans* Man
Trans Person
Trans* Person
Trans Woman
Trans* Woman
Transfeminine
Transgender
Transgender Female
Transgender Male
Transgender Man
Transgender Person
Transgender Woman
Transmasculine
Transsexual
Transsexual Female
Transsexual Male
Transsexual Man
Transsexual Person
Transsexual Woman
Two-Spirit
And forget about boy or girl or he or she...those words are just too discriminating against your classmates. You will refer them all as ze, or zir or ne, or ve or vis or zem or zir, or xi and sometimes 'they' but only if 'they' specifially ask you to identify zem as such.

The schools "MAY" begin to indoctrinate children as young as Kindergarten age. Awesome. Lets dump **** that is already damaging adults into the brains of people that are still learning how to tie their shoes.

Agender
Androgyne
Androgynous
Bigender
Cis
Cisgender
Cis Female
Cis Male
Cis Man
Cis Woman
Cisgender Female
Cisgender Male
Cisgender Man
Cisgender Woman
Female to Male
FTM
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Male to Female
MTF
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Trans
Trans*
Trans Female
Trans* Female
Trans Male
Trans* Male
Trans Man
Trans* Man
Trans Person
Trans* Person
Trans Woman
Trans* Woman
Transfeminine
Transgender
Transgender Female
Transgender Male
Transgender Man
Transgender Person
Transgender Woman
Transmasculine
Transsexual
Transsexual Female
Transsexual Male
Transsexual Man
Transsexual Person
Transsexual Woman
Two-Spirit
And forget about boy or girl or he or she...those words are just too discriminating against your classmates. You will refer them all as ze, or zir or ne, or ve or vis or zem or zir, or xi and sometimes 'they' but only if 'they' specifially ask you to identify zem as such.

I self identity as a god. Why is god not listed as a gender? That's insulting! :2mad:

I self identity as a god. Why is god not listed as a gender? That's insulting! :2mad:
Well...do you FEEL like a God? Cuz...you have to really really really feel like you are one.

Another pure bait thread based on lies and mass hysteria?

Ugh.

That's not really how it will work though. This kind of education changes social thoughts and behaviors and in the long run will affect all the children that go to private school today. I think what they're teaching these children about gender and sex is wrongheaded, and at least on the sex front, factually false, but in the long run the dogma being taught to these children will be the culturally accepted standard.

My point was they are too busy teaching fuzzy bunny feel good bull**** to their children to bother with actually educating them with things like reading and writing and mathematics and science and history and other necessary things to allow their children to function effectively and successfully in what will no doubt be an exceptionally competitive environment. My children wont NEED to go to a university to be successful, university will simply be a way for them to acquire the necessary credentials for their particular chosen endeavor. Notice I said credentials not education. I understand the cultural implications too. I am of mixed feelings on that, I myself am an outsider and same with the other half, its basically us verses the world, and we are kicking ass and chewing bubble gum. Being an outsider gives you a bit of motivation and drive be on the inside doesn't require. You have to kick down doors to get into places. That doesn't always go so well. I want my children to have drive and passion to do what they want but society requires today group think of a sort that is only going to increase. My other half and I are throwback anachronisms in that regard. The question is how to you navigate todays group think and yet have independence without being an outsider. I don't know if that is possible.

These two statements are VERY different:

"Beginning as young as kindergarten, public school students in the state of Washington will be taught about “transgenderism” effective in the fall 2017 semester."

"Beginning as young as kindergarten, public school students in the state of Washington may be taught about “transgenderism” effective in the fall 2017 semester."

WILL and MAY.

The headline says WILL, which suggests a definitive notion, a directive that is mandated to happen.

The content is MAY, which suggests it's possible but not automatic.

Those are two VERY different things.[/QUOTE}

CC is doing the same thing I and others will do, and something I harp on often in terms of arguments and overreach. When you overreach, when you use hyperbole, when you exaggerate, then you WEAKEN your point, because anyone who is seeking to actually be objective and honest must first and foremost deal with the dishonesty before they can even move forward to potentially agree with the general thought process behind the issue.

I'm not big on this "gender identity" thing and the attempt that we as a society need to move to this "agender" kind of mentality where it's absolutely fluid and 100% a social construct where an individuals sex and gender and entirely separate things and only the latter truly matters when determining things, and that gender can shift and change or become non-existent for someone at basically any whim. This is not something I view as positive for society nor something that should be ingrained or taught.

With that said, rather than legitimately focusing on what this is ACTUALLY doing, the article takes it to a dishonest extreme by claiming something that isn't true. And as such, that issue must first and foremost be dealt with before truly being able to delve into the REAL reasons why something like this may not be a good thing.

Again, it is not a false statement and you can not demonstrate that it is. In your example, the latter doesn't falsify the former. In fact, the only statement that can be shown to be false, is the one that you and Captain Courtesy are making.

good, maybe this would've helped the OP to not become such a raging bigot

Why do kindergarteners need to know about any of this crap in the first place?

some of their classmates or they themselves may be transgender

that was so hard i know

Say it isn't so! Say it isn't so! *Cry*

it just reminds me of the putin 'gay propaganda' law near minors. Yeah because no one under 18 identifies as gay. Behind every complaint lies unadulterated hate. That poster's duplicitous "the kidnergartners should be learning sequential math instead!" doesn't fool me, not when he doesn't complain about story time, or recess, or the bus ride or any number of very common non-educational activities that take up far more time than explaining what transgenderism is...which btw, explaining transgenderism to people who aren't familiar actually IS educational

My point was they are too busy teaching fuzzy bunny feel good bull**** to their children to bother with actually educating them with things like reading and writing and mathematics and science and history and other necessary things to allow their children to function effectively and successfully in what will no doubt be an exceptionally competitive environment. My children wont NEED to go to a university to be successful, university will simply be a way for them to acquire the necessary credentials for their particular chosen endeavor. Notice I said credentials not education. I understand the cultural implications too. I am of mixed feelings on that, I myself am an outsider and same with the other half, its basically us verses the world, and we are kicking ass and chewing bubble gum. Being an outsider gives you a bit of motivation and drive be on the inside doesn't require. You have to kick down doors to get into places. That doesn't always go so well. I want my children to have drive and passion to do what they want but society requires today group think of a sort that is only going to increase. My other half and I are throwback anachronisms in that regard. The question is how to you navigate todays group think and yet have independence without being an outsider. I don't know if that is possible.

you know when i was 5 i wasn't taught chemistry OR transgenderism. The brain develops slowly. Educating little kids is not a zero sum opportunity cost where spending a half hour instructing them on a life or social skill forfeits a half hour in arithmetic, so that they'll never be able to count to 10 or some such bull**** you're on about. If they spent a month on the subject, or a *half hour every day* like recess i might agree. The fact is you just oppose out of hand any attempt to bring up children to tolerate minorities who you dislike. The 'independence' you speak of is to become a trans hating asshole. The 'groupthink' you object to in this case is to become decent

I think the key aspect of the curriculum change is the implementation of teaching "gender" to kindergarteners, namely the idea that you are whatever gender that you identity yourself as. This replaces traditional teaching that you're one of two sexes, male or female.

The Snopes article goes on to say that Nathan Olson, communications manager for Washington's Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction, says that by third grade, students will be expected to “Explain that gender roles can vary considerably”, which sounds like the time that teachers talk about trans people.
-----
Imo, they're drilling "gender is a social construct" to K-2 students, so that they can prep them for 3rd grade, when they tell them about transgender people. And by the time they graduate high school, they accept trans people as normal.

and the problem is?

i recall a song we had to listen to in like 4th grade about kids being different (obese, hair and skin color, height). That kind of 'propaganda' is ok, but extending the song to include lgbt is not? A lot of kids that age have same sex parents, and it's something they should know about heading into puberty

then again i read of child abuse like this and i think many 'adults' could stand to go back to 4th grade, that if they had been taught early on to not be so despicable, the abuse would never happen - ‘Supergirl’ star trying to rescue cousin from gay therapy camp | New York Post

And, of course the article is nothing more than right wing hysteria:

Though gender identity is mentioned, there is NO mention of transsexuality in the curriculum for kindergartners.

Ummm....what do you think "gender expression" means?

Who is surprised by this? Anyone? Yeah, I didn't think so.

I will never tire of liberals using the educational system to brainwash children and then watching them turn around and deny that they are doing it.

I, in the other and, get tired of conservatives who can't do anything but complain about what liberals do.

some of their classmates or they themselves may be transgender

that was so hard i know

They are fricken kindergarteners they only know the equipment is for peeing. I going refrain from laying into your ignorant carcass. :roll:

you know when i was 5 i wasn't taught chemistry OR transgenderism. The brain develops slowly. Educating little kids is not a zero sum opportunity cost where spending a half hour instructing them on a life or social skill forfeits a half hour in arithmetic, so that they'll never be able to count to 10 or some such bull**** you're on about. If they spent a month on the subject, or a *half hour every day* like recess i might agree. The fact is you just oppose out of hand any attempt to bring up children to tolerate minorities who you dislike. The 'independence' you speak of is to become a trans hating asshole. The 'groupthink' you object to in this case is to become decent

Transgender girl boys as far as I am concerned are mentally broken individuals whom the psychiatric profession seems to find in vogue to coddle. Do I discriminate against them? Yes every chance I get. I discriminate against all delusional twits whenever and wherever I find them. I will teach my children to do the same. There is a huge difference between gays and lesbians and the girly men. The gays and lesbians at least have the honesty to know what is they are and what they were born as and face the reality as it is. The girly boys are delusional morons trying to warp their reality and apparently everyone else's into their ****ed up version of what it ought to be depending on what time of day it is and what mood they are in. I am of the opinion **** them and their delusions. They are not the special snowflake they seem to think. All I have to do is tolerate them. That is it. I don't have like them or associate with them or put up with their bull****. I sure as **** don't have to be in any way shape matter or form be nice or polite to them.

Side note I am the Emperor of ALL assholes. Assholes come to me to perfect their dark art. My children will inherent my throne. :allhail

They are fricken kindergarteners they only know the equipment is for peeing. I going refrain from laying into your ignorant carcass. :roll:

they know far more than that. They're usually brainwashed from the cradle that vagina = girl = pink = dresses and purses. Well then they can be taught that the binary isn't for everyone and if they're uncomfortable in dresses, **speak up**

obviously (for some) a sex change and hormones would be in the distant future. There is more to transgenderism than that however. Guess you should enroll in the WA kindergartner program

the lead researcher of the TransYouth project has this to say:

"We have heard reports as early as when their kids start talking, as soon as they could say words like girl and boy. So a lot of parents say 18 months, 2 years."

Sometimes it's because they had ambiguous genitalia at birth. I'm sure you're completely ignorant of what i'm talking about. That is fine, but then don't try to influence public policy and don't blurt out random **** like i'm going to fall for it

that wasn't even my point though. *Someday*, if not already, they or their classmates may identify as transgender, and if they're old enough to learn about conventional gender roles, which have certainly been drilled into them by age 5, they're old enough to learn that not everyone finds those roles to be natural. Better to promote tolerance early on rather than leave them at the mercy of their serially uninformed and unqualified parents and preachers

Transgender girl boys as far as I am concerned are mentally broken individuals whom the psychiatric profession seems to find in vogue to coddle. Do I discriminate against them? Yes every chance I get. I discriminate against all delusional twits whenever and wherever I find them. I will teach my children to do the same. There is a huge difference between gays and lesbians and the girly men. The gays and lesbians at least have the honesty to know what is they are and what they were born as and face the reality as it is. The girly boys are delusional morons trying to warp their reality and apparently everyone else's into their ****ed up version of what it ought to be depending on what time of day it is and what mood they are in. I am of the opinion **** them and their delusions. They are not the special snowflake they seem to think. All I have to do is tolerate them. That is it. I don't have like them or associate with them or put up with their bull****. I sure as **** don't have to be in any way shape matter or form be nice or polite to them.

Side note I am the Emperor of ALL assholes. Assholes come to me to perfect their dark art. My children will inherent my throne. :allhail

this is about the 12th ignorant point you've made, but it is NOT in the financial interest of psychiatrists to 'coddle' lgbt. Just as most medical research is geared toward chronicity of symptoms rather than cures, a shrink could only benefit from scheduling endless appointments, medications, and 'conversion camps'. Almost none of them do so anymore and in fact it's becoming illegal because all of the scientific findings point towards transitioning as the best outcome

your graphic is spot on however. It's one thing to be oblivious to their trials or to THINK they are 'delusional' and maybe pity them for it, but to insult and discriminate against those who do no harm at all, well you certainly deserve a fat lawsuit and restraining order

maybe you should sign up for the next episode of "are you a bigger man than a 5 year old?" because these kindergartners are going to be far more mature

And, of course the article is nothing more than right wing hysteria:

Though gender identity is mentioned, there is NO mention of transsexuality in the curriculum for kindergartners.

Yet another Mickey FAIL thread.

You surprised?

Again, the document doesn't contain any directives with regard to language that is specific, such as terms, definitions, etc., and that is true for all categories and the guidelines within them. To be taught can be a true statement with regard to any language which is specific, so long as it conforms to the general guidelines within each category, and transgender is a specific term which falls within the kindergarten guideline under the category Health Education Core Idea: Sexual Health (Se)

And, since the document DOESN'T contain any directives with regards to specific language, terms, or definitions, the OP is WRONG. I don't care what COULD happen. The OP stated what WILL happen. And it was wrong.

Again, it is not a false statement and you can not demonstrate that it is. In your example, the latter doesn't falsify the former. In fact, the only statement that can be shown to be false, is the one that you and Captain Courtesy are making.

No, you are the one making the false statement. The OP says it IS going to happen. Whether it MAY happen or not is irrelevant. The OP is wrong unless it is proven that the document states that it WILL happen. Even you showed that it is not a certainty.

Congratulations. You just made one of the most ignorant and uneducated posts on transsexuality I have seen in quite some time... and that's saying something. Apparently you know nothing about the issue. I always find it interesting when people choose to discuss something that they know absolutely nothing about.

That sounds like a load of hogwash. What exactly do kindergartners need to know about gender other than what they innately do? Considering where we already are on such issues and where the world is further heading, there will be no shortage of such twaddle once they start coming to age. But I guess you have to get them while they're young.

Kindergarten is exactly the place to teach them that there is no one twue expression of gender. You can identify as a boy and still enjoy playing house with dolls. That is not being anti-male. Or identify as a girl, and still want to play with the toy construction trucks. These are also part of gender expression.

I know. What in the hell are we doing to the poor children?

They aren't ready for this, certainly not at the kindergarten age, not at the elementary school age, and probably not at the middle school age!
:mad:

Agender
Androgyne
Androgynous
Bigender
Cis
Cisgender
Cis Female
Cis Male
Cis Man
Cis Woman
Cisgender Female
Cisgender Male
Cisgender Man
Cisgender Woman
Female to Male
FTM
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Male to Female
MTF
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Trans
Trans*
Trans Female
Trans* Female
Trans Male
Trans* Male
Trans Man
Trans* Man
Trans Person
Trans* Person
Trans Woman
Trans* Woman
Transfeminine
Transgender
Transgender Female
Transgender Male
Transgender Man
Transgender Person
Transgender Woman
Transmasculine
Transsexual
Transsexual Female
Transsexual Male
Transsexual Man
Transsexual Person
Transsexual Woman
Two-Spirit

Back
Top Bottom