• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kindergartners in WA state to be taught 'transgenderism'

Again, the document doesn't contain any directives with regard to language that is specific, such as terms, definitions, etc., and that is true for all categories and the guidelines within them. To be taught can be a true statement with regard to any language which is specific, so long as it conforms to the general guidelines within each category, and transgender is a specific term which falls within the kindergarten guideline under the category Health Education Core Idea: Sexual Health (Se)
"To be taught" would be a directive, something that is required. Not what the documents say. "Could be taught", which seems to be what you are claiming, means that there is nothing prohibiting such, but is also not a guarantee that it will be. You are trying to argue a possibility as mandatory instruction.

A variety of different things. Not ONLY transsexuality.

No...not *only* transsexuality just that it's part of it and cut from the same cloth. It's just happens to include all the different forms trans has been categorized into these days, which transsexual (what we call transgender now) is really the core of it. In other words, by saying "not ONLY" you've admitted that it is in there, which you claimed it wasn't.

That's not what the article says, though. The report from Nathan Olsen and the curriculum does not say that transsexuality will be mentioned even in the third grade. For the record, I do think that these concepts are a bit too complex to be discussing with 5-9 year olds. I have no issue with it being discussed in Middle School, though. And as far as accepting trans people as normal, I wouldn't go that far. Accepting them as a variance not to be insulted/degraded/attacked, that's more accurate as to how to perceive transsexuals.

You know I understand that they're trying to make people understand that transsexuals are just people. But could they please go back to pushing excellence in math and science before we become a third world nation? Most of the higher level college degrees are going to foreigners now, instead of native born Americans. The Chinese are on our heels technically, and we need to improve our game. It seems all this social teaching has become the all important priority, instead of what gets your a job. I'm not saying don't teach it at all, but let's not forget the priorities.

You know I understand that they're trying to make people understand that transsexuals are just people. But could they please go back to pushing excellence in math and science before we become a third world nation? Most of the higher level college degrees are going to foreigners now, instead of native born Americans. The Chinese are on our heels technically, and we need to improve our game. It seems all this social teaching has become the all important priority, instead of what gets your a job. I'm not saying don't teach it at all, but let's not forget the priorities.

I have this weird notion schools often teach children several things.

I have this weird notion schools often teach children several things.

I know they do, but it's about emphasis and time spent on things in a given day.

I already taught my kids. "Is that little boy dressed as a girl?" Why yes he is. "Why is he confused?". His parents are idiots. "Why are there so many idiots daddy?" Because we try and protect them from their own stupidity. "Well thats nice of us." Yes, yes it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Transgender girl boys as far as I am concerned are mentally broken individuals whom the psychiatric profession seems to find in vogue to coddle. Do I discriminate against them? Yes every chance I get. I discriminate against all delusional twits whenever and wherever I find them. I will teach my children to do the same. There is a huge difference between gays and lesbians and the girly men. The gays and lesbians at least have the honesty to know what is they are and what they were born as and face the reality as it is. The girly boys are delusional morons trying to warp their reality and apparently everyone else's into their ****ed up version of what it ought to be depending on what time of day it is and what mood they are in. I am of the opinion **** them and their delusions. They are not the special snowflake they seem to think. All I have to do is tolerate them. That is it. I don't have like them or associate with them or put up with their bull****. I sure as **** don't have to be in any way shape matter or form be nice or polite to them.

Side note I am the Emperor of ALL assholes. Assholes come to me to perfect their dark art. My children will inherent my throne. :allhail
So you discriminate against MtF but not FtM?

Congratulations. You just made one of the most ignorant and uneducated posts on transsexuality I have seen in quite some time... and that's saying something. Apparently you know nothing about the issue. I always find it interesting when people choose to discuss something that they know absolutely nothing about.

Watch out Calamity! You have competition!

The schools "MAY" begin to indoctrinate children as young as Kindergarten age. Awesome. Lets dump **** that is already damaging adults into the brains of people that are still learning how to tie their shoes.
"The following are the 58 gender options identified by ABC News:"

Agender
Androgyne
Androgynous
Bigender
Cis
Cisgender
Cis Female
Cis Male
Cis Man
Cis Woman
Cisgender Female
Cisgender Male
Cisgender Man
Cisgender Woman
Female to Male
FTM
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Male to Female
MTF
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Trans
Trans*
Trans Female
Trans* Female
Trans Male
Trans* Male
Trans Man
Trans* Man
Trans Person
Trans* Person
Trans Woman
Trans* Woman
Transfeminine
Transgender
Transgender Female
Transgender Male
Transgender Man
Transgender Person
Transgender Woman
Transmasculine
Transsexual
Transsexual Female
Transsexual Male
Transsexual Man
Transsexual Person
Transsexual Woman
Two-Spirit
And forget about boy or girl or he or she...those words are just too discriminating against your classmates. You will refer them all as ze, or zir or ne, or ve or vis or zem or zir, or xi and sometimes 'they' but only if 'they' specifially ask you to identify zem as such.

First I would like to see some link to this. Secondly, if they are actually trying to assert this number then they are being extremely dishonest. Even being generous with what ever that * bit is, and assuming transsexual and transgender are different, there is only really 30 choices. That is before I even look up any of those terms to see if they are synonyms like many of the others. As to pronouns, the gender fluids/non genders are even smaller than the trans, and they are the only ones asking for the gender neutral pronouns, so no there will not be a lot of demand that you use them.

No...not *only* transsexuality just that it's part of it and cut from the same cloth. It's just happens to include all the different forms trans has been categorized into these days, which transsexual (what we call transgender now) is really the core of it. In other words, by saying "not ONLY" you've admitted that it is in there, which you claimed it wasn't.

I thought that the common word was transvestite, as most trans people don't actually have a sex change operation. One confusing aspect of this subject is the changing of common nomenclature, why are they constantly renaming terminology?

I'm not going to disagree with you on our lack of the academics within our schools. It is really sad when more kids entering into college have to take remedial courses because they didn't learn them in public school. That said, the social side also needs to be learned. The concept of accepting people as they are, whether you agree with their claim or status or not, is vital. That kind of social education was vital in bringing the minorities closer into acceptance. We'd be a lot closer if certain individuals on both sides didn't have a vested interest in maintaining the strife.

I'm not going to disagree with you on our lack of the academics within our schools. It is really sad when more kids entering into college have to take remedial courses because they didn't learn them in public school. That said, the social side also needs to be learned. The concept of accepting people as they are, whether you agree with their claim or status or not, is vital. That kind of social education was vital in bringing the minorities closer into acceptance. We'd be a lot closer if certain individuals on both sides didn't have a vested interest in maintaining the strife.

The same people pushing another social agenda, wants some of us to give up paying allegiance to our country, acknowledge the moral goodness of our religions; but want to accommodate other religions but not our own.

Why do kindergarteners need to know about any of this crap in the first place?

Program them young makes it easier to control them later on in life.

Remember Little Timmy:
Transgenderism is okay. Saying otherwise makes you a bigot.

Brainwash children?! Please tell me you're joking.

No joke. They do it in colleges all across America with their "Mandatory Diversity" courses and "Check Your White Privilege" seminars and other SJW-inspired bull****.

The same people pushing another social agenda, wants some of us to give up paying allegiance to our country, acknowledge the moral goodness of our religions; but want to accommodate other religions but not our own.

No, some of us want to stop forcing children to mindlessly recite oaths of loyalty to the government.

And "our own" religion is all of them, or none, or anything in between because that's literally one of the core principles of this nation.

Christianity is well accommodated, my friend.

No, some of us want to stop forcing children to mindlessly recite oaths of loyalty to the government.

And "our own" religion is all of them, or none, or anything in between because that's literally one of the core principles of this nation.

Christianity is well accommodated, my friend.

No, it's hated by many who give Muslims accommodation out of fear.

First I would like to see some link to this. Secondly, if they are actually trying to assert this number then they are being extremely dishonest. Even being generous with what ever that * bit is, and assuming transsexual and transgender are different, there is only really 30 choices. That is before I even look up any of those terms to see if they are synonyms like many of the others. As to pronouns, the gender fluids/non genders are even smaller than the trans, and they are the only ones asking for the gender neutral pronouns, so no there will not be a lot of demand that you use them.
Here's a List of 58 Gender Options for Facebook Users - ABC News

https://genderneutralpronoun.wordpress.com/

Does that work for zir?

Being in there STILL doesn't validate what the OP claims.

I have a different/unique view of what schools should be teaching students. However, I stated early on that I believe that what is in the directive (and no, transsexuality is NOT there) is too complex for children that age to be taught. And, when it is taught, it's not some major part of the curriculum.

I know they do, but it's about emphasis and time spent on things in a given day.

I don't believe that the emphasis on this is anything major. It may seem that way because of what the media presents, but what the media presents often has nothing to do with reality. I work with school-age kids every day. They talk about Math, English, History, Science, and other subjects like that. Issues around things like in the OP pretty much never come up.

I thought that the common word was transvestite, as most trans people don't actually have a sex change operation. One confusing aspect of this subject is the changing of common nomenclature, why are they constantly renaming terminology?

A transvestite does not identify as any gender different from their anatomy. They just like dressing in clothing of the opposite gender. Transsexuals identify as the opposite gender.

No, it's hated by many who give Muslims accommodation out of fear.

Please don't fall into this ridiculous partisan trap. Christianity is certainly well represented and accommodated. MOST Muslim accommodation isn't about discrimination towards Christianity, but about inclusiveness of Islam.

A transvestite does not identify as any gender different from their anatomy. They just like dressing in clothing of the opposite gender. Transsexuals identify as the opposite gender.

Maybe I'm not hip on whats what here, but I'd always heard that transsexuals had had surgery to become the opposite sex? Is that true?

Back
Top Bottom