• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kasich looking to challenge Trump in Repub Primary...Who else?

I think the Trump show will have run its course by 2020...at least thats what Romney is likely thinking. And again...I doubt Trump actually runs in 2020. I believe he will declare 'victory' for his accomplishments and declare anything he hasnt achieved or any problems where there are backslides will be the fault of the newly crowned Democrat house and walk away.

I also believe that if Romney or anyone else does get the GOP primary nod, the left will act like the same vile twats towards him that they have against Trump. Because at the end of the day...despite Trumps character, or lack thereof...the lefts response to Trump has nothing to do with Trump.

I don't know about this dreaded, "left" of which you speak. I know my problem with trump is all about trump. Will I and others make fun of Romney if he runs again? Of course, but because he's a wooden automaton, not because he's a bigoted asshole. I've never heard of Romney's character being called into question. trump has no character.

See the difference?

P.S., I also can't imagine trump not running again in 2020, but I hope you're right!

I don't know about this dreaded, "left" of which you speak. I know my problem with trump is all about trump. Will I and others make fun of Romney if he runs again? Of course, but because he's a wooden automaton, not because he's a bigoted asshole. I've never heard of Romney's character being called into question. trump has no character.

See the difference?

P.S., I also can't imagine trump not running again in 2020, but I hope you're right!
Not even strapping his dog on the top of his car?;)

And quality always comes to the top in Democratic primaries. :lamo

Yeah, I'm not going to argue with you there. HRC was the second worst candidate in recent history.

It is humorous to read Democrats praising Romney, just like how they now love the man who destroyed Hilary Clinton, Jim Comey.

At least you can agree that Obama should not have been president. Rather, classy Romney should have, right?

Who's praising Romney? He's a horrible candidate, and he'd be totally out of his element running against an obscene trash heap like trump. Don't be obtuse. You know what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about compared to someone who lies multiple times daily and has twitter fits on the toilet.

Yeah, I'm not going to argue with you there. HRC was the second worst candidate in recent history.
You rate her just one place too high.

I think I might agree, though I'm no pollster or statistician that can read the minds of the GOP rank & file.

I'm no Republican and not enamored with many of their policies, but I would take Pence in a heartbeat over Trump. I'd do anything to bring dignity & decorum back to the White House, be it Republican or Democrat.
Pence?? No thank you. He wouldn’t bring dignity and decorum back to the White House, he’d do his best to turn America into Gilead. Even Omarosa was worried about Pence’s religious zealotry.
https://youtu.be/8E3Ibvpqotw
If Trump remains in office through the end of his first term, relatively unscathed, he’ll run again IMO. And if Trump does decide to run he’ll have all of the resources of the RNC behind him. No other challenger would have a chance to unseat him as the party nominee. On the other hand, if Trump is impeached (w/o removal from office) or just decides not to run again, my $ is on Romney.

Yeah, that was sort of a silly statement to make.

During the 2012 campaign, Romney's character was attacked by the opposition from about every possible angle.

See the difference?

The left would attack the character of Mother Theresa if she ran as a republican. Mc Cain in his final days was feted by the left...the same left that attacked him persoanlly when he was the nominee.

Kasich? iLOL Not just no, but hell no.

... that needs to learn how to be more diplomatic in his speech and demeanor.
In my book, decorum takes second seat to getting things done.

Kasich would get killed in the primaries as the GOP is now firmly the party of trump. The Trumpkins will come out in drives to support their dear leader.

Probably and that's sad. I'm old enough to have cast votes for Republicans and remember ones I admired and repected (though I've always been more left and vastly more often voted D). The GOP's descent into complete irrationality has been rapid.

Probably and that's sad. I'm old enough to have cast votes for Republicans and remember ones I admired and repected (though I've always been more left and vastly more often voted D). The GOP's descent into complete irrationality has been rapid.

The GOP sold its soul for the White House. They made a deal with the devil and he has orange skin and a bad combover. But he delivered power to them and they sleep with him and do his bidding waking up with the smell of sulphur and brimstone in their nostrils and rubbed into their skin. I imagine Barry Goldwater and Hugh Scott are rolling over in their graves. Dwight Eisenhower and Nelson Rockefeller would not even recognize the travesty that their party has devolved into.

Last edited:
Kasich is looking to challenge Trump in the primaries in 2020, who will be the other possible Repub challengers? Will Trump make it out of the primaries? I would definitely consider voting for Kasich in the general election...

john-kasich-president-2020

Kasich is delusional. He is not the savior in waiting. He is the annoyance that just will not go away. He is like Hillary in that regard.

Kasich is delusional. He is not the savior in waiting. He is the annoyance that just will not go away. He is like Hillary in that regard.

How so? He did really well in Ohio and is popular with both Democrats and Republicans in his home state. Reminds me of Sherrod Brown, in this past midterm Republicans dominated the state (gerrymandering had a little bit to do with that) however Brown got more votes than the Republican Governor. Kasich is the quintessential Moderate, why are we gravitating towards right and left extremes?

I understand Kasich probably will have no shot at taking out Trump, however he is by far a better representation of the Republican party than Trump will every be.

Last edited:
Kasich? iLOL Not just no, but hell no.

In my book, decorum takes second seat to getting things done.

Get what done? Tax cuts did not get anything done, banning Muslims did not get anything done, still has done nothing on health care with no plan, still has done nothing on infrastructure with no plan. Everything else that has happpened so far has been at the will of Paul Ryan and Mitch McCoonnel, typical Republican boilerplate polices which would have been "done" by any Republican. And skating on the tail coat of Obama. The only thing Trump has gone off script with is starting a trade war with tariffs. As of right now farmers and industries are suffering with no clear "victory" in sight.

I met Kasich several times. He is a man of his word, like it or not. So it seems he has something in common with Trump, whatever their motives may be.
What I don't like about him is the fact that he challenges a sitting potus midstream. Guaranteed loss for his party, for himself, for Trump. If he follows through, and I am certain he is, he will personally ensure the occupancy of the WH to a D candidate.

Why not challenge the sitting POTUS midstream? He obviously does not agree with the direction Trump is taking the party. Creating more and more divisiveness everyday and continues to hurt our country long term for short term gains. As Kasich said "We need different leadership, there isn't a question about it ... I'm worried about our country in the longterm."

Kasich is looking to challenge Trump in the primaries in 2020, who will be the other possible Repub challengers? Will Trump make it out of the primaries? I would definitely consider voting for Kasich in the general election...

john-kasich-president-2020

If Trump's decides run again, challenging a sitting president hasn't been successful. Kasich wouldn't be either. History shows that. A primary challenge to a sitting president also causes the sitting president's party to lose the general election.

1952 Truman was challenged, he dropped out, Eisenhower beat Stevenson
1968 LBJ was challenged, he dropped out, Nixon beat Humphrey
1980 Carter was challenged, he lost to Reagan
1992 Bush was challenged, he lost to Bill Clinton

Why not challenge the sitting POTUS midstream? He obviously does not agree with the direction Trump is taking the party. Creating more and more divisiveness everyday and continues to hurt our country long term for short term gains. As Kasich said "We need different leadership, there isn't a question about it ... I'm worried about our country in the longterm."

If he wants to hand the WH to the Dems, by all means.

The left would attack the character of Mother Theresa if she ran as a republican. Mc Cain in his final days was feted by the left...the same left that attacked him persoanlly when he was the nominee.

"the left would attack Mother Teresa" give me a break! Here's a quiz for you, the candidate of which party claimed McCain fathered a black daughter during the 2000 South Carolina primaries?

I suspect the only reason Romney ran for the Senate is to prep for a 2020 challenge to Trump. IF Trump runs again and I seriously have my doubts that he does.

That'll guarantee a Democrat president.

That'll guarantee a Democrat president.
Perhaps, depending on who runs...though I suspect that the more the lunatic left drags the democrat party over the cliff fewer thinking democrats will be automatically on board. BUT...if we do indeed have such a vast majority of mutton headed morons that would support someone like Bernie Sanders, then I suppose it is what it is. When ****heads vote in a moron like Ocasio-Cortez, we have to remember it says NOTHING about her...shes just a dumbass. But it speaks volumes about the people that would actually go to the polls and vote for her.

Back
Top Bottom