• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kasich looking to challenge Trump in Repub Primary...Who else?

The Left lives by the motto, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". It will be fascinating to see what happens if Mueller doesn't find what they want him to find on Trump. He will go from hero to zero so fast.

You mean like Comey did with Trump and Company? Comey was a darling of the Right while he was investigating Hilary. When he started to look at Mike Flynn, suddenly he wasn't.

The left would attack the character of Mother Theresa if she ran as a republican. Mc Cain in his final days was feted by the left...the same left that attacked him persoanlly when he was the nominee.

Republicans attacked McCain far more viciously when he ran against W in the 2000 primaries, than the Democrats ever did.

At this point in time, I don't see any serious challengers. Trump is too entrenched within the GOP, and non-Trumpers have been driven off.

Trump's challenge will come from the Dems.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if there was any serious contender to come forward during the GOP primaries. It's pretty unheard of for a sitting president to face challenge in the primaries for their reelection bid and Trump has gotten enough of the GOP to toe the line that they cannot really reverse against him without jeopardizing their own rhetoric and positioning. Certainly a disaster for the GOP would be if there were serious contenders against Trump in the 2020 primaries, they throw their support to Trump's opponents, and Trump still wins. It would make far too contentious of a political atmosphere to combat if Trump were then re-elected while the Dems take bigger shares of the House.

They held water for Trump, they're stuck with him till he's term limited or the Dems put up someone who can beat him in 2020.

Republicans attacked McCain far more viciously when he ran against W in the 2000 primaries, than the Democrats ever did.
How do you think the democrats would have treated him in 2016 had he been the front runner? Be honest.

You KNOW how. He would have been labelled a cheater, a whoremonger, a racist, a sexist, a classist, etc. Hell...the Kavanaugh hearing is a pretty good example of just how ****ing deranged the left has become. We arent ever going back to civility.

Open borders Kasich wouldn't stand a chance in the Republican primary. He's just another immature malcontent bad loser. However, if he ran as an independent he possibly could bleed off some Republican votes.

Kasich isn't for open borders.

How so? He did really well in Ohio and is popular with both Democrats and Republicans in his home state. Reminds me of Sherrod Brown, in this past midterm Republicans dominated the state (gerrymandering had a little bit to do with that) however Brown got more votes than the Republican Governor. Kasich is the quintessential Moderate, why are we gravitating towards right and left extremes?

I understand Kasich probably will have no shot at taking out Trump, however he is by far a better representation of the Republican party than Trump will every be.

Kasich is typical of the Jimmy Carter type of good guy who thinks he offers what America needs. He was not running to get democrat votes so his support came from republicans and he did very poorly in the primary. He is not a major candidate with majority support from any perspective in a national election.

if Trump is still in office in 2020, he will be the nominee. his supporters are like teenagers dating the bad boy idiot. it's them against the world, and he is oh so dreamy. i don't see Kasich having much of a chance.

This is an example of bigotry of the GOP that dem posters like you exhibit.

I viewed a thread where Col. Steele (a MASH show) asked an African-American to dance because he was AA. I thought of you and your bigotry, as well.

if Trump is still in office in 2020, he will be the nominee. his supporters are like teenagers dating the bad boy idiot. it's them against the world, and he is oh so dreamy. i don't see Kasich having much of a chance.

That's a funny, and very good analogy.

You have to be an extremist to make it through the repub primaries these days. Kasich is too moderate. I'm an NPA and can't vote in primaries, but I would consider voting for the guy if he got into the general.

This is an example of bigotry of the GOP that dem posters like you exhibit.

I viewed a thread where Col. Steele (a MASH show) asked an African-American to dance because he was AA. I thought of you and your bigotry, as well.

That doesn't refute my point, but thanks for sharing.

How do you think the democrats would have treated him in 2016 had he been the front runner? Be honest.

You KNOW how. He would have been labelled a cheater, a whoremonger, a racist, a sexist, a classist, etc. Hell...the Kavanaugh hearing is a pretty good example of just how ****ing deranged the left has become. We arent ever going back to civility.

I think they would have treated him just like they did in 2008. There were a few bloggers and far leftists who attacked him but nothing like the nasty whisper campaigns that were run against him by the Bushies in 2000. The personal attacks from the left in 2008 were against Palin. She was more vulnerable because of her ignorance, before Trump made ignorance cool.

What point? That you're a bigot?

That Trumpists are so in love with Trump that a primary challenger would stand no chance.

That Trumpists are so in love with Trump that a primary challenger would stand no chance.

You think you're making that point.

Kasich is looking to challenge Trump in the primaries in 2020, who will be the other possible Repub challengers? Will Trump make it out of the primaries? I would definitely consider voting for Kasich in the general election...

john-kasich-president-2020

My husband voted for Kasich in the NH primary in 2016. I almost voted for him but ended up voting for Rubio. I'm a very big fan of Kasich. He would make a great President.

It is humorous to read Democrats praising Romney, just like how they now love the man who destroyed Hilary Clinton, Jim Comey.

At least you can agree that Obama should not have been president. Rather, classy Romney should have, right?

Every Trump devotee who attacked John McCain when Dear Leader ordered them to wanted Obama to be President in 2008. Right?

I think they would have treated him just like they did in 2008. There were a few bloggers and far leftists who attacked him but nothing like the nasty whisper campaigns that were run against him by the Bushies in 2000. The personal attacks from the left in 2008 were against Palin. She was more vulnerable because of her ignorance, before Trump made ignorance cool.
I think you are absolutely delusional if you think things havent ramped up beyond ridiculousness since 2008.

I suspect the only reason Romney ran for the Senate is to prep for a 2020 challenge to Trump. IF Trump runs again and I seriously have my doubts that he does.

He might have to to keep from being indicted.

It is humorous to read Democrats praising Romney, just like how they now love the man who destroyed Hilary Clinton, Jim Comey.

At least you can agree that Obama should not have been president. Rather, classy Romney should have, right?

Huh?

Compared to Trump, anyone is classy. Christ, your current POTUS pays off hookers to keep quiet, says the most disgusting things about people, and publicly supports the KKK and Neo Nazis.

Never mind that Putin, the Saudis, and Kim Jong Un have all made him their bottom boy. "Bottom Boy" Trump...your president.

Last edited:
That Kasich is already running tells all you need to know about the man. Kasich would not even carry Ohio over any Democrat that should win the Democrat nomination.

I will take effective diplomacy over diplomatic. MAGA

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That's blatantly wrong. Ohio has turned into a red state. Kasich would beat pretty much any Democrat who was the nominee.

Open borders Kasich wouldn't stand a chance in the Republican primary. He's just another immature malcontent bad loser. However, if he ran as an independent he possibly could bleed off some Republican votes.

If he runs as an Independent, Democrat John Hinckenlooper would probably be his VP, bleeding some Democratic votes. And, that might very well be a serious ticket. People are sick and tired of partisan gridlock and might very well vote in a ticket that had both a Republican and a Democrat.

My husband voted for Kasich in the NH primary in 2016. I almost voted for him but ended up voting for Rubio. I'm a very big fan of Kasich. He would make a great President.

I'm actually hoping for an Independent ticket of Kasich/Hickenlooper.

Back
Top Bottom