• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kasich Goes All In...Against Trump

Perspective is sometimes kind of ugly. Both these 'candidates' make Obama not just look good, but in recent states like a true statesman.

I am reminded of George Wallace and his message:

In this perspective Hillary begins to look at least like someone who won't scorch the earth.

However the difference between Wallace and Trump is that Trump can win.

Only because so many Republicans care only about winning.

Kasich huh? Sounds like a decent enough guy. He should have run for president. The GOP could have really used someone like him this election and they probably would have lined up behind him eagerly.

Yeah, he'd surely win more than just Ohio, right? ;)

Kasich lost for the same reasons a lot of people here are butt hurt over Trump.
Facts don't matter, its image.

Want to be the king **** while being a decent human being?
You're going to have to mud up like the rest, until you win.

You didn't and you failed.

The result thus far--a B list of speakers, no money, and a lot of bad press. I will be amazed if that translates into a victory in November, even against Horrible Hillary.

The result thus far--a B list of speakers, no money, and a lot of bad press. I will be amazed if that translates into a victory in November, even against Horrible Hillary.

All press is good press.
I mean, the whole speech debacle will be forgotten.

Plus this entire election has been about him, Hillary is a by line and it's largely negative.
Trumpiteers aren't going to change their vote, nor are Anti Trump going to not vote for him worse.

He's angling to get the people in the middle at this point.

All press is good press.
I mean, the whole speech debacle will be forgotten.

Plus this entire election has been about him, Hillary is a by line and it's largely negative.
Trumpiteers aren't going to change their vote, nor are Anti Trump going to not vote for him worse.

He's angling to get the people in the middle at this point.

I see him turning them off. But, we'll see. I still think he gets trounced.

I see him turning them off. But, we'll see. I still think he gets trounced.

I think a lot of folks in this forum are "out of the loop" when it comes to the why's and how's of others voting.
I'm willing to bet that the average person here is not in the average voter category.

Which can put their view of things askew.
Your average person doesn't give a crap about Trump gaffs and I think he knows this.

Hats off to a great governor.

Who? The guy who was perpetually in LAST place in the primary polls? The guy who 75% of citizens didn't even know was running?

He needs to go crawl back in whatever hole he came out of.

Who? The guy who was perpetually in LAST place in the primary polls? The guy who 75% of citizens didn't even know was running?

He needs to go crawl back in whatever hole he came out of.

the governor of the state holding the convention, in case you missed it

I think a lot of folks in this forum are "out of the loop" when it comes to the why's and how's of others voting.
I'm willing to bet that the average person here is not in the average voter category.

Which can put their view of things askew.
Your average person doesn't give a crap about Trump gaffs and I think he knows this.

I guess it might sell to a certain demographic when no one of importance shows up to speak at your convention, and you need to fill time slots with your kids and some circus performer wannabee who sells quack medicines through an MLM.

I guess it might sell o a certain demographic when no one of importance shows up to speak at your convention, and you need to fill time slots with your kids and some circus performer wannabee who sells quack medicines through an MLM.

I think you're overthinking this.
Your average voter votes on perception, not on facts.
That's my opinion and so far, with my supposed tap into the average voters mind.
I've not heard a peep about Melania speech debacle.

They don't care and/or don't listen to that.

That's my opinion and so far, with my supposed tap into the average voters mind.

Oh, I agree that the average voter is far removed from what the political junkies like us know and follow. I too am curious to see how this thing plays out. It really would revolutionize politics--not necessarily for the better--if the guy can win with no organization, no handlers, no money and no support from his own party. Imagine a convention where the governor of the state hosting the event refuses to speak. Stunning.

If this works, I'll gladly eat my hat.

I'm an average voter. There are others in this forum. So it would seem you apparently don't listen to what you don't want to hear.

It's not okay for a man who wants to hold the dignified office of the Presidency to order someone to write a speech without input, and then create the environment that makes the speechwriter thinks it's okay to steal parts of it.

It's a big deal. You just don't do that. At best it shows bad judgment. At best. At worst, it shows fraud and theft.

Great? Half the people in his state support Trump and apparently realize that giving Hillary Clinton 3-4 Supreme Court justice picks would signal the end of this country - even if John Kasich does not.

Kasich has shown his word means nothing. Like everyone else, he signed a pledge to support the eventual nominee. But when it wasn't him, he bailed on his promise. If he thinks that won't assure that he will never succeed in being elected to a higher office when his stint as Ohio's governor is done, he's wrong. The rest of us who don't live in Ohio are disgusted with him, just so you know.

Donald Trump Abandons Pledge To Support Republican Nominee : The Two-Way : NPR

Seems Trump also broke the pledge. As for the SCOTUS, perhaps the GOP should have thought of that before it nominated Trump. Almost all the polls since New Years days showed Trump losing to Clinton. You have to hand it to the Republicans though. They managed something I thought impossible. They actually nominated a person who is more disliked by the electorate as a whole than the baggage laden, corrupt, the one who laughs when she put our classified national security information at risk, Clinton.

If Clinton wins, the reason is simple. The Republicans nominated Donald Trump figuring making a statement was much more important than winning an election in November.

I cant help but notice that the biggest defenders of Kasich are from those on the left--they seem to admire his adherence to principles. Odd though that there is no #neverHillarry movement; no one on the left that chose principle over truth-challenged Clinton. Even those great leftist avengers, Sanders and Warren, swallowed their principles and threw in with the horrible candidate that is Hillary Clinton. So this sudden liberal love of principle is as phony as they are.

Great? Half the people in his state support Trump and apparently realize that giving Hillary Clinton 3-4 Supreme Court justice picks would signal the end of this country - even if John Kasich does not.

End of the country? Goodness gracious me oh my. I do declare. Armageddon. Dogs and cats living together.

End of the country? Goodness gracious me oh my. I do declare. Armageddon. Dogs and cats living together.

Every victory for the Democratic Party is one step closer to the end of the republic and has been since 1992. But it's not like the wingnuts are prone to hyperbole or anything ...

Every victory for the Democratic Party is one step closer to the end of the republic and has been since 1992. But it's not like the wingnuts are prone to hyperbole or anything ...

No.... of course not. If they say the sky is falling it must indeed be falling. Hell it's been falling for ever and a day now they tell us. At least over 7 years apparently.

Absolutely. I may not like her, and I may dislike about half of what she sells, but the Buffoon and his ultra-religious running mate are the exact opposite of what I stand for. You all may want a wall at our border and a religious litmus test for entry into the US, a ban on funding planned parenthood, gays back in the closet and more prayer in schools, a trade war with China, torture in the Middle East, and pulling out of NATO, but I certainly do not.

So you support a career criminal, huh?

Back
Top Bottom