• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kasich Goes All In...Against Trump

I'm an average voter. There are others in this forum. So it would seem you apparently don't listen to what you don't want to hear.

It's not okay for a man who wants to hold the dignified office of the Presidency to order someone to write a speech without input, and then create the environment that makes the speechwriter thinks it's okay to steal parts of it.

It's a big deal. You just don't do that. At best it shows bad judgment. At best. At worst, it shows fraud and theft.

If you're here, you're not an average voter.

Trump did that on purpose.
He was showcasing his wife, the media gave him the bonus of putting pictures of her, next to Michelle.
He's closing the "sale."

Oh, I agree that the average voter is far removed from what the political junkies like us know and follow. I too am curious to see how this thing plays out. It really would revolutionize politics--not necessarily for the better--if the guy can win with no organization, no handlers, no money and no support from his own party. Imagine a convention where the governor of the state hosting the event refuses to speak. Stunning.

If this works, I'll gladly eat my hat.

I said at the start, that I believe he had an 80% chance to win.
People thought I was stupid.

Yet, we are here right now and he and Hillary are near dead even.
You don't get to dead even by being a reckless moron.

I said at the start, that I believe he had an 80% chance to win.
People thought I was stupid.

Yet, we are here right now and he and Hillary are near dead even.
You don't get to dead even by being a reckless moron.

We'll see. By any standard measure, this convention is a disaster. Trump has lost control of the message on two of three nights. Monday the narrative was plagiarism. Last night the story was Cruz.

Can Trump pull a rabbit out of the hat and save this thing tonight? I sort of doubt it.

He won't get a convention bump. And, worse, his supporters are being exposed as a hate cult. If he managed to piss off half his party, I can't imagine him winning over half of America's voters.

But, yeah, we'll see.

We'll see. By any standard measure, this convention is a disaster. Trump has lost control of the message on two of three nights. Monday the narrative was plagiarism. Last night the story was Cruz.

Can Trump pull a rabbit out of the hat and save this thing tonight? I sort of doubt it.

He won't get a convention bump. And, worse, his supporters are being exposed as a hate cult. If he managed to piss off half his party, I can't imagine him winning over half of America's voters.

But, yeah, we'll see.

Think about this though.
How much positive press has he gotten this entire time?
We've got a thousand stories, most negative and what?

You have to stop thinking conventionally.
This isn't me rah rahing.
It's trying to point out the obvious, but unconventional.

Think about this though.
How much positive press has he gotten this entire time?
We've got a thousand stories, most negative and what?

You have to stop thinking conventionally.
This isn't me rah rahing.
It's trying to point out the obvious, but unconventional.

I understand that. My point is that this can only go so far. The bulk of the country is not as angry as half the GOP.

50% of the country does not want to see Hillary in jail, a wall on the border, Mexicans rounded up, etc. That's the problem. He's got no chance of ever winning over those people.

You do realize that a great deal of his supporters, aren't GOP.

Whatever they are, I think he's tapped into about all there is out there to support his hate schtick. Most people are just no that angry. And, a lot of those who are would never vote for Trump anyway, they want someone like Bernie or Warren.

Whatever they are, I think he's tapped into about all there is out there to support his hate schtick. Most people are just no that angry. And, a lot of those who are would never vote for Trump anyway, they want someone like Bernie or Warren.

I'm fairly sure he's going to win.
It's primarily going to be 100% psychology as to the why and how.
Hillary doesn't have the charisma and speech skills, plus that whole unconvicted criminal thing, that will stay with her for years.

I'm fairly sure he's going to win.
It's primarily going to be 100% psychology as to the why and how.
Hillary doesn't have the charisma and speech skills, plus that whole unconvicted criminal thing, that will stay with her for years.

I agree Hillary is a terrible candidate. It's her luck though that Trump is worse. I'm 100% convinced he can't win.

you know what i'd like to see.. and I think Trump would be a shoe in if he did this.... he continues his antics right up to the debates, with every rip roaring thing he could possibly do, and THEN he debates in the most calm, collected and cool headed knowledgeable way imaginable, with ALL the fact.

I'm not so sure that's not what Trump has planned. he would wow the crap out of people if he did that.

Last edited:
you know what i'd like to see.. and I think Trump would be a shoe i if he did this.... he continues his antics right up to the debates, with every rip roaring thing he could possibly do, and THEN he debates in the most calm, collected and cool headed knowledgeable way imaginable, with ALL the fact.

I'm not so sure that's not what Trump has planned. he would wow the crap out of people if he did that.

He better bone up, because Hillary is sharp as a tack. She's been grilled by congress for years. She has this **** down pat.

He better bone up, because Hillary is sharp as a tack. She's been grilled by congress for years. She has this **** down pat.

Lying to congressional inquires is one thing buy Hillary coming across likeable or trustworthy to the voters? .... Not so much.

you know what i'd like to see.. and I think Trump would be a shoe i if he did this.... he continues his antics right up to the debates, with every rip roaring thing he could possibly do, and THEN he debates in the most calm, collected and cool headed knowledgeable way imaginable, with ALL the fact.

In elections, facts don't matter.

Lying to congressional inquires is one thing buy Hillary coming across likeable or trustworthy to the voters? .... Not so much.

I believe voters are going to look more for competency and being cool under fire. Trump lacks those gifts. Hill has it in spades.

I believe voters are going to look more for competency and being cool under fire. Trump lacks those gifts. Hill has it in spades.

Hillary competent? BWAAA HAA HAAA HAA HAA HAAA!

But, yeah, we'll see.

This convention is a pure disaster, they are gonna have to send in FEMA to clean it up!

Hillary competent? BWAAA HAA HAAA HAA HAA HAAA!

GOP narrative aside, she definitely is competent and knows the issues, the names, and the places. Bitch knows her ****.

unless of course, he's just baiting the hook at the moment, as they say.

unless of course, he's just baiting the hook at the moment, as they say.

It's possible that he was playing dumb to win over the dummies. But, if the man knows the ins and outs of global politics, economics, US History and basics of what is written in the Constitution, he has not shown it as of yet. He's kind of playing the W, but with an attitude.

W won (barely) because he actually came across as a nice guy. Everyone knew he lacked knowledge, but they liked him because he just had that "Aw Shucks" thing down. Also, no one doubted Bush was a loyal American married to its fundamentals. To this day, few people doubt that Bush was doing what he thought was best for America. We just think he was in over his head.

This election we have two candidates who do not convey that kind of sincerity. Few people buy that either Clinton or Trump are doing anything for the good of America. We all (almost all) know they are both doing this for themselves. So...what's left?

The winner will be the one who manages to sell competence, IMO.

This election we have two candidates who do not convey that kind of sincerity. Few people buy that either Clinton or Trump are doing anything for the good of America. We all (almost all) know they are both doing this for themselves. So...what's left?

The winner will be the one who manages to sell competence, IMO.

in this part, at least, we agree.

Now I could be wrong, but what tips me off is how well spoken Trump's children are.

we'll see. it would be simply astounding if he hits a home run with competency in the debates, because people simply aren't expecting much. That would leave a mark I don't think the DNC could recover from this election... and looking at his business dealings, whether you think they are good or bad, Trump is nothing if not sly.

and I think you have to admit, he has a LOT of material to call Hillary on. it's all in whether he can do so clearly and concisely giving the impression that the facts match up to her past.actions.

Last edited:
in this part, at least, we agree.

Now I could be wrong, but what tips me off is how well spoken Trump's children are.

we'll see. it would be simply astounding if he hits a home run with competency in the debates, because people simply aren't expecting much. That would leave a mark I don't think the DNC could recover from this election... and looking at his business dealings, whether you think they are good or bad, Trump is nothing if not sly.

and I think you have to admit, he has a LOT of material to call Hillary on. it's all in whether he can do so clearly and concisely giving the impression that the facts match up to her past.actions.
In R/L there is no way that Trump can be the total buffoon he has been pretending to be. Clearly. The man is a Wharton MBA after all. And, he swings billon-dollar deals all the time. Surely he can't do that by insulting everyone in the room.

But, he's running such an unconventional campaign: no handlers, no staff, no consultants, etc.; I just don't see how such a total lack of all the necessary tools will translate to victory.

If you're here, you're not an average voter.

Trump did that on purpose.
He was showcasing his wife, the media gave him the bonus of putting pictures of her, next to Michelle.
He's closing the "sale."

I'm not speaking of her giving the speech. It is customary for the prospective First Lady to give a speech at the convention. It would have been saying something had she NOT given a speech.

I agree...he directed that someone write the speech for her, since he has no faith in women's ability to do anything but, as he put it, be a good piece of _ss. Unfortunately, the speech writer is stupid, not realizing that people would remember Michelle Obama's historical speech. They don't know what they're doing.

Next time, she should just give her own speech. I'm sure she has a good story to tell, if the King will let her.

Back
Top Bottom