• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Kasich Goes All In...Against Trump

The will of the people? Some of us didn't vote for Trump. A lot of us didn't vote for Trump. In fact, more than half of us didn't vote for Trump. He didn't cast aside my will, nor the will of the millions of us who knew what a disgrace it was to the party to nominate a lying Democratic fraud named Donald Trump to lead this great party into the abyss.

None the less by the rules of the game the people selected Trump. He also pledged to support the Nominee.

None the less by the rules of the game the people selected Trump. He also pledged to support the Nominee.

A pledge that Donald Trump announced in Wisconsin in March he would not honor (he also made it) if he didn't like the nominee. A pledge Trump refused to make at the first debate in 2015. A pledge that to Trump apparently was as useless as the paper it would be written on. A pledge Kasich shouldn't have to honor if the nominee himself planned on not honoring.

The will of the people? Some of us didn't vote for Trump. A lot of us didn't vote for Trump. In fact, more than half of us didn't vote for Trump. He didn't cast aside my will, nor the will of the millions of us who knew what a disgrace it was to the party to nominate a lying Democratic fraud named Donald Trump to lead this great party into the abyss.

Wow. Lots of drama. Trump had the votes. Period.

strongly disagree
it would be easy - for those who have no character - to do want their party wants and attend [lyin ted cruz anyone, whose wife was disrespected by trump in multiple ways and he still shows up]
only someone with integrity would stand on his principles and refuse to show support for that which he cannot, knowing what it will cost his career

kasich might be a prick, but he is a principled one. can't say that about many politicians of either stripe

A principled prick. Lipstick on a pig.

I thought Kasich was the most reasonable repub all the way through, and I might have actually voted for him if he won the nomination, and I'm glad he has the integrity not to support Trump. He will probably be banished by the RNC, but at his age, he probably doesn't care. Gov. of Ohio is probably his last political job, given that he didn't get traction for president.

What he is doing has nothing whatsoever to do with integrity. He showed in the primaries that he has none.

A pledge that Donald Trump announced in Wisconsin in March he would not honor (he also made it) if he didn't like the nominee. A pledge Trump refused to make at the first debate in 2015. A pledge that to Trump apparently was as useless as the paper it would be written on. A pledge Kasich shouldn't have to honor if the nominee himself planned on not honoring.

Yeah, integrity doesn't work like that.

Wow. Lots of drama. Trump had the votes. Period.

Nobody said he didn't have the votes. Not everyone is going to blindly follow him down the path. It's dramatic to point out that Trump is a habitual liar and a Democrat masquerading as a Republican? Some people would call that drama the reality.

Nobody said he didn't have the votes. Not everyone is going to blindly follow him down the path. It's dramatic to point out that Trump is a habitual liar and a Democrat masquerading as a Republican? Some people would call that drama the reality.

Did Kasich take the pledge? Yes he did. He also took the pledge with his party. I'm sure over the years as a republican he's supported candidates put forward by the party that he's ordinarily have had nothing to do with.

Why is he a habitual liar? And why do you believe he is masquerading as a Republican?

Says the dyed in the wool prick who thought he saw opportunity in playing Dr. FeelGood for the crowds, but got ignored.

NEXT!

Last edited:
Great? Half the people in his state support Trump and apparently realize that giving Hillary Clinton 3-4 Supreme Court justice picks would signal the end of this country - even if John Kasich does not.

No one in Ohio realizes Hillary's election would signal the end of this country. Some political crackheads may think it, like some think carbon dating is a leftist conspiracy, but paranoia can take you only so far.

Did Kasich take the pledge? Yes he did. He also took the pledge with his party. I'm sure over the years as a republican he's supported candidates put forward by the party that he's ordinarily have had nothing to do with.

So don't vote for Kasich in a future election.

I don't recall the Republicans even putting up a lifelong Democrat who once supported the assault weapons ban and partial birth abortions for any major role in the party.

Why is he a habitual liar? And why do you believe he is masquerading as a Republican?

Because his lies are documented all over the internet, and because until as recently as 2008 he was donating to and supporting Democrats and supported Democratic platforms and ideas. He changed when he embarrassed himself as a birther and saw that people were going to blindly support him in a party that needed a leader. He's so dishonest about his "change" that he attacked Megyn Kelly for asking him to tell her and the country when he stopped being a Democrat. Probably because he never has.

Shaking head.

The oft quoted line about stupid Republicans is a lie...as is claiming he was EVER a Democrat.

Donald Trump Said Republicans Are the "Dumbest Group of Voters" : snopes.com

I'm anxious to hear your Yes But response.

Kasich huh? Sounds like a decent enough guy. He should have run for president. The GOP could have really used someone like him this election and they probably would have lined up behind him eagerly.

Because his lies are documented all over the internet, and because until as recently as 2008 he was donating to and supporting Democrats and supported Democratic platforms and ideas. He changed when he embarrassed himself as a birther and saw that people were going to blindly support him in a party that needed a leader. He's so dishonest about his "change" that he attacked Megyn Kelly for asking him to tell her and the country when he stopped being a Democrat. Probably because he never has.

Lies. READ THE TRUTH, for God's sake.

We Wisconsinites feel the same about Scott Walker. But nationally, those who are unaware, seem to really like Walker.

And who could forget what a ****ty governor G.W. Bush was in Texas? He still got elected president twice.

How many elections did Walker win there? Wasn't it three out of three in 4 years? It appears you don't speak for all Wisconsinites.

How many elections did Walker win there? Wasn't it three out of three in 4 years? It appears you don't speak for all Wisconsinites.

Walker was all about the economics, which he failed at. Wisconsin is not doing as well as they should be even considering that Chicago is a disaster. Walker will get the blame.

Yes, Donald Trump never donated to Democrats, like Charlie Rangel and Hillary Clinton and "Friends of Hillary". Except when he did.

Donald Trump Biography - Money,Politics, Biography of Donald Trump, Campaign Contributions

The truth is out there. I read it. I know it. And it's why I am not voting for him. You want to ignore his own words and his own history? Then please do so. But don't expect everyone else to ignore it.

He doesn't say he's a Democrat. He gives donations to both sides of the aisle. What a jerk.

Absolutely. I may not like her, and I may dislike about half of what she sells, but the Buffoon and his ultra-religious running mate are the exact opposite of what I stand for. You all may want a wall at our border and a religious litmus test for entry into the US, a ban on funding planned parenthood, gays back in the closet and more prayer in schools, a trade war with China, torture in the Middle East, and pulling out of NATO, but I certainly do not.

Perspective is sometimes kind of ugly. Both these 'candidates' make Obama not just look good, but in recent states like a true statesman.

I am reminded of George Wallace and his message:
Wallace's campaign rhetoric became famous, such as when he pledged "If any anarchists lie down in front of my automobile, it will be the last automobile they ever lie down in front of" and asserted that the only four letter words that hippies did not know were w-o-r-k and s-o-a-p. He accused Humphrey and Nixon of wanting to desegregate the South. Wallace proclaimed, "There's not a dime's worth of difference between the Democrat and Republican parties," a line that he had first used in 1966, when his first wife, Lurleen Burns Wallace, ran successfully for governor against the Republican James D. Martin. The Wallace campaign in California and other states attracted the "Radical Right", including the John Birch Society.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wallace_presidential_campaign,_1968

In this perspective Hillary begins to look at least like someone who won't scorch the earth.

However the difference between Wallace and Trump is that Trump can win.

Kasich huh? Sounds like a decent enough guy. He should have run for president. The GOP could have really used someone like him this election and they probably would have lined up behind him eagerly.

actually, not

seems this election season the republicans were not interested in anyone with principles and character

ditto for the democrats

Back
Top Bottom