• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Kamala Harris Crystallizes Trump’s View of Women

No, with all due respect, it says more about liberals. Using Harris for her race, rather than her mind.

Race includes perspective and experience, so her mind is also factor. Not to mention her career as a prosecutor and a senator - he didn't just pick someone up off the street. I said elsewhere he probably sees her as a potential successor rather than merely a convenient running mate. But why on Earth would a candidate not bring in someone whose ethnicity appeals to a wider base of voters.

I expect that Trump will keep bringing up the Harris citizenship 'issue' through the campaign. It'll be harder then to defend his Kamala birtherism.

Then quote it.

Are you unable to read?

“She was extraordinarily nasty to Brett Kavanaugh — Judge Kavanaugh then, now Justice Kavanaugh,” Mr. Trump said of Ms. Harris, using “nasty” or some version of the word no fewer than four times as he referred to Senate confirmation hearings held in 2018.

“She was nasty to a level that was just a horrible thing,” Mr. Trump said on Tuesday. “And I won’t forget that soon.”

On Wednesday morning, after his allies on Fox News had spent the evening comparing Ms. Harris, who is of Jamaican and Indian descent, to racist tropes including “time-share salesmen” and “payday lenders,” Mr. Trump crowed that the American “suburban housewife” — a racist euphemism for white women wary of minorities moving into their neighborhoods — would be on his side in November.

But it’s all bull****. I doubt he has even read them. Read Bernie’s and Harris’s. That is where the Democrat party is.

What? You want me to read the obsolete platforms of a former presidential candidate and the current vice presidential candidate? That's not how this works. And the word is "Democratic", not "Democrat" in the way that you are attempting (and failing) to use it.

Is Elizabeth Warren a person of color?

Of course he has business investigating the qualifications of his rivals. It's called vetting.

Which is what Biden should be doing, rather than hiding in his basement.

Why are you equating citizenship with ethnicity? The Pocahontas thing does not help your case, yet you keep repeating yourself.

What? You want me to read the obsolete platforms of a former presidential candidate and the current vice presidential candidate? That's not how this works. And the word is "Democratic", not "Democrat" in the way that you are attempting (and failing) to use it.

Read them all - all the way back to Clinton. No one ever does what they say. It’s too hard to get more than one thing done - Unless you are Trump and refuse to “do things the way they are done around here”. The last democrat president had to resort to political bribes to get Obamacare care. Remember the “Cornhusker kickback”?

Read them all - all the way back to Clinton. No one ever does what they say. It’s too hard to get more than one thing done - Unless you are Trump and refuse to “do things the way they are done around here”. The last democrat president had to resort to political bribes to get Obamacare care. Remember the “Cornhusker kickback”?

If no platform matters, then why did you ask me to read Sanders's and Harris's? And the word is "Democratic", not "Democrat" in the way that you are attempting (and failing) to use it.

If no platform matters, then why did you ask me to read Sanders's and Harris's?

I can answer that for them: because they're determined to derail this thread and steer it away from trumps racist/sexist attacks on Harris and toward some general platform stuff where they're more comfortable. Or in some cases the 'question' of Biden's age or mental fitness.

It's just deflection and the best we can do is in every post, steer it back to what's the issue here: Trump's attacks on Harris reflect his bigotry and prejudice.

Race includes perspective and experience, so her mind is also factor. Not to mention her career as a prosecutor and a senator - he didn't just pick someone up off the street. I said elsewhere he probably sees her as a potential successor rather than merely a convenient running mate. But why on Earth would a candidate not bring in someone whose ethnicity appeals to a wider base of voters.

I expect that Trump will keep bringing up the Harris citizenship 'issue' through the campaign. It'll be harder then to defend his Kamala birtherism.
Kamala Harris is a positive role model for all anchor babies but her record on race and justice is spotty, as Tulsi Gibbard pointed out. KH quit the race soon after.
youtube tulsi gibbard debate kamala harris - Bing video

I can answer that for them: because they're determined to derail this thread and steer it away from trumps racist/sexist attacks on Harris and toward some general platform stuff where they're more comfortable. Or in some cases the 'question' of Biden's age or mental fitness.

It's just deflection and the best we can do is in every post, steer it back to what's the issue here: Trump's attacks on Harris reflect his bigotry and prejudice.

I avoid running down the rabbit hole, but I also like to prod them into their revealing responses. It takes such an inartful, deceptive tactic to support and promote Trump that I want them to publicly self flagellate. At the right time, they will be asked to react to their published, public comments when they proved themselves to be lying, unthinking tools who worshiped a prejudiced bigot.

Are you unable to read?

“She was extraordinarily nasty to Brett Kavanaugh — Judge Kavanaugh then, now Justice Kavanaugh,” Mr. Trump said of Ms. Harris, using “nasty” or some version of the word no fewer than four times as he referred to Senate confirmation hearings held in 2018.

“She was nasty to a level that was just a horrible thing,” Mr. Trump said on Tuesday. “And I won’t forget that soon.”

On Wednesday morning, after his allies on Fox News had spent the evening comparing Ms. Harris, who is of Jamaican and Indian descent, to racist tropes including “time-share salesmen” and “payday lenders,” Mr. Trump crowed that the American “suburban housewife” — a racist euphemism for white women wary of minorities moving into their neighborhoods — would be on his side in November.

I can read just fine. "Nasty" and "suburban housewife" are only racist in your predimagination.

If you think "nasty" is racist, then you must think EVERYTHING is racist.

"Look, I don't know if it's true or not, but a lot of people are saying it, a lot of good fine people. Maybe it's true, maybe it's not. We should definitely look into it though. You wouldn't believe what people are finding out about him."

birther 1.jpg

I can read just fine. "Nasty" and "suburban housewife" are only racist in your predimagination.

If you think "nasty" is racist, then you must think EVERYTHING is racist.

I'll put this on 20% speed for you.

"Nasty" is a word that Trump predominately applies to women who assert themselves in opposition to him. As you're supposed to know before you venture into these waters, he applied it most famously to Hillary Clinton during the 2016 campaign. He used the word to describe Harris immediately upon discovering that she is his vice presidential opponent.

"Suburban housewives" is a term that means white ladies. Trump put it in quotation marks and then, as I have now said three times, mentioned "low income housing" and "invade". Whatever psychotic jungle gym you want to build around that racist construction is not a pile of bull**** I am willing to approach tonight. You and I both know what he did, what he does, and what's he doing, so please don't waste our time.

Finally, the word "nasty" is not in and of itself racist. I never said that it was, so you should avoid attempting to mischaracterize what I write. What is racist is that Trump suggested that Harris is not American because . . . [see OBAMA, BARACK H. II].

"Nasty" is a word that Trump predominately applies to women who assert themselves in opposition to him. As you're supposed to know before you venture into these waters, he applied it most famously to Hillary Clinton during the 2016 campaign. He used the word to describe Harris immediately upon discovering that she is his vice presidential opponent.

"Suburban housewives" is a term that means white ladies. Trump put it in quotation marks and then, as I have now said three times, mentioned "low income housing" and "invade". Whatever psychotic jungle gym you want to build around that racist construction is not a pile of bull**** I am willing to approach tonight. You and I both know what he did, what he does, and what's he doing, so please don't waste our time.

Finally, the word "nasty" is not in and of itself racist. I never said that it was, so you should avoid attempting to mischaracterize what I write. What is racist is that Trump suggested that Harris is not American because . . . [see OBAMA, BARACK H. II].

You don't need to slow anything down to me. At light speed, it would be painfully obvious that you're just interpreting ordinary words to fit your preconceived prejudices about what you have been told to think of Trump.

The most actually racist thing about these opinions that have been provided to you is that they necessarily assume there's no such thing as black suburbanites (blacks are only slightly underrepresented in the suburbs - by 2%) or white people in low-income housing (nearly half is occupied by whites), or that these black "suburban housewives" and their white neighbors would not be equally distressed by their mortgages being plunged underwater by the construction of low-income housing nearby.

It's always interesting to read Leftist dog whistles and translations to see where their heads are at. It's always a mighty strange place.

You don't need to slow anything down to me. At light speed, it would be painfully obvious that you're just interpreting ordinary words to fit your preconceived prejudices about what you have been told to think of Trump.

The most actually racist thing about these opinions that have been provided to you is that they necessarily assume there's no such thing as black suburbanites (blacks are only slightly underrepresented in the suburbs - by 2%) or white people in low-income housing (nearly half is occupied by whites), or that these black "suburban housewives" and their white neighbors would not be equally distressed by their mortgages being plunged underwater by the construction of low-income housing nearby.

That's fine. There are a lot of posters like you around here who choose to ignore the obvious, deny reality, and lie.

Do they look mean and vindictive to you?

Kinda... but one guy is pudgy... they second is a hipster-doofus and... why did you post the homo-erotic third picture?

Kinda... but one guy is pudgy... they second is a hipster-doofus and... why did you post the homo-erotic third picture?

Sigh. I have to walk you all the way through this, don't I?

I picked the first three pictures I found when I searched for stern, unsmiling faces and crossed arms. I wanted to know whether you would describe the men in those three pictures as "mean and vindictive".

I wonder though. What about the third picture do you think is homoerotic? There isn't any appreciable difference between the three pictures except that the third man is shirtless.

Sigh. I have to walk you all the way through this, don't I?

I picked the first three pictures I found when I searched for stern, unsmiling faces and crossed arms. I wanted to know whether you would describe the men in those three pictures as "mean and vindictive".

You obviously posted those pictures to try and suggest that my comment about Kamala was sexist...

... that is why I answered like I did. To not play your game.

I wonder though. What about the third picture do you think is homoerotic? There isn't any appreciable difference between the three pictures except that the third man is shirtless.

You are the one that posted it... search your subconscious.

Back
Top Bottom