• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Justice Dept. Creating Unit Focused on Domestic Terrorism

??

You're consolidating like resources, to allow better efficiency and communication.
"The first thing that you do if you want to infiltrate and investigate a clandestine organization is to announce the formation of a special unit that will be investigating it."

"The first thing that that special unit does is design its own stationary."

- extracted from "The National Association of Professional Bureaucrat's Handbook (US Government edition)"

The Justice Department is welcome to ensure equal protection of the laws in our federal Union to reduce the incidence of domestic terrorism.

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.
“The law, in its majestic equality, forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal their bread.”

― Anatole France

Everyone knew a large crowd of people were coming to the capitol. We had seen for over a year the violence by protesters in every city in the country. Local leadership did nothing but support terrorism.

Quote of ANY local leader stating support for terrorism, or it didn't happen and the statement is total BS.

Why there was not enough police there to secure the capitol is the same as why our border is not secure and why we saw all the terrorism all across this country. It was allowed to happen by the government. So what good will more government be.

We saw how the local authorities did nothing to stop the protest from getting out of hand in every city in this country.

Total BS. Police were called out, mayors made statements to be peaceful.

The police were no allowed to arrest people burning, looting, destroying property, and terrorizing law abiding citizens. This is what needs to be addressed by the federal government.

Total self-contradiction here: "what good will more government be." Calling for feds to step up efforts to curtail domestic terrorism is what I have called for, and now you are calling for it as well, despite asking what more government could do. This is what it could do. Wanting government to tackle a new objective requires more government. Government is a good thing. Without government, we would have no United States.

We need a task force finding out why the leaders of these cities did nothing to protect peoples rights and property. These leaders are the people who need to be removed from office and prosecuted. We need to do the same with the capitol protest. The only reason people died is because proper police protection was not provided. We need a task force to go after the idiots masquerading as leaders who dropped the ball or looked the other way. If it turns out they are just incompetent then we need to remove them from being leaders. They need to be prosecuted as well so other leaders will see this will not be tolerated.

Hopefully Trump will be prosecuted, found guilty and sentenced to prison where he belongs.

Quote of ANY local leader stating support for terrorism, or it didn't happen and the statement is total BS.
Even in the Rittenhouse protest where were the police. I am watching video of a felon lighting things on fire in the middle of the protest and nobody arrested him. You don't need a quote to see what is happening just a brain. I promise you if I go downtown where I live and right in front of the police I start setting things on fire I will be arrested and sitting in jail not terrorizing more people for days. These protesters/terrorist were running up to citizens standing in the street protecting their property and businesses and screaming in their faces because in the previous days the police stood by and did nothing. The police did nothing because they were told not to stop the terrorist by their leaders. I was a police officer and police do not stand by and allow burning, looting, and destruction of property go on without being under orders. Police do not stand by and allow aggressive terrorist scream names at citizens and try and intimidate them unless under orders to not do their job. Only an idiot would or could not connect the dots on that. If you think I am lying the next time you see a police officer set something on fire and find out the truth.

If that turns out to be true, then, I will be happy to see it happen.

However, I worry this is, instead, going to become a domestic club to wield against political opponents. :(
If it does, we'll have to deal with that.
But ignoring a threat isn't a viable alternative.

I think this is a bad idea. We saw how the FBI saw MLK as the greatest danger to our country. Here we go again. I think 99% of these criminals masquerading as protesters need to be dealt with on a local level the very second they start their nonsense. Anyone getting in the face of another citizen needs to be dispersed and if they refuse arrested. No blocking streets of sidewalks taking away the rights of the people to come and go freely. Once these protesters start to violate anyone's rights they become the problem not the solution and need to be stopped immediately.

If my local police cannot deal with these terrorist then I want my local leaders to call in the State police if necessary. If our state police are overwhelmed then we need the military because we are at war.

The only problem I have seen are the democrat leaders in our cities allowing things to get out of hand. What we need is to get better leaders who will do their job instead of these worthless bought and paid for party puppets.

How do the local or state police gather intelligence nationwide?

When a new government agency or unit is created, it requires additional resources, it will have a separate organizational chart, and is the opposite of efficiency. The DOJ already possesses an organization that’s focused on domestic terrorism, so this smells to me more like turf expansion than anything else.

Yes, it requires additional resources, but you consolidate it all in one agency, improving efficiency & communication.

How do the local or state police gather intelligence nationwide?
They don't nationwide. We already have an FBI, CIA, NSA, CSS, and thousands of agencies regulating and investigating every thing under the sun from space to how my toilet flushes. If we need an agency it should be an agency to find out why our local leaders in all these problem cities are not protecting the rights and freedom of the citizens. An agency to find out why police are not arresting people setting fires, burning, looting, blocking streets, and harassing people just walking down the sidewalk to get lunch at these so called protest.

The people need to support the government on the local level. We need the people having faith our government. How can you expect the people to trust our government when they are afraid to leave their house because protestors/terrorist are burning, looting, destroying private property, and even threatening anyone who does not submit to their view. The police are doing nothing because our leaders support the terrorist not the rights and freedom of the people. The people have no faith in the government nor should they.

Good people notifying the local authorities of what they know and suspect will do a thousand times more to prevent real problems than another federal task force. Local police and investigators know the people and are more likely to get information if the people could trust their government. Plus they already exist in every city and small town across this country. We already have an FBI, CIA, NSA, CSS, and thousands of agencies regulating and investigating every thing under the sun from space to how my toilet flushes.

They don't nationwide. We already have an FBI, CIA, NSA, CSS, and thousands of agencies regulating and investigating every thing under the sun from space to how my toilet flushes.

They're no creating a 'new agency'

They are consolidating resources to more effectively combat a growing problem. This is nothing new, and has been done throughout the history of the country.

If we need an agency it should be an agency to find out why our local leaders in all these problem cities are not protecting the rights and freedom of the citizens. An agency to find out why police are not arresting people setting fires, burning, looting, blocking streets, and harassing people just walking down the sidewalk to get lunch at these so called protest.

I agree here. But, there's no one to investigate, no one 'arrest'. These negligent leaders are usually acting opening, publicly, and legally. That's the problem.

The people need to support the government on the local level. We need the people having faith our government. How can you expect the people to trust our government when they are afraid to leave their house because protestors/terrorist are burning, looting, destroying private property, and even threatening anyone who does not submit to their view. The police are doing nothing because our leaders support the terrorist not the rights and freedom of the people. The people have no faith in the government nor should they.

Good people notifying the local authorities of what they know and suspect will do a thousand times more to prevent real problems than another federal task force. Local police and investigators know the people and are more likely to get information if the people could trust their government. Plus they already exist in every city and small town across this country. We already have an FBI, CIA, NSA, CSS, and thousands of agencies regulating and investigating every thing under the sun from space to how my toilet flushes.

The above still doesn't diminish the desire to have the advantages of specialization.

They're no creating a 'new agency'

They are consolidating resources to more effectively combat a growing problem. This is nothing new, and has been done throughout the history of the country.

I agree here. But, there's no one to investigate, no one 'arrest'. These negligent leaders are usually acting opening, publicly, and legally. That's the problem.

The above still doesn't diminish the desire to have the advantages of specialization.
While everything you say sounds great the problem is we end up with the TSA and a 2 year old being banned from a return flight with their parents from somewhere because of a mask infraction. Plus when our leaders not serving the citizens of this country by supporting these terrorist masquerading as terrorist instead of doing something about the problem all the task forces we can create will be useless. It was our leaders who allowed the problem with the police to fester not the citizens these terrorist are terrorizing. When the people do show up at the doorstep of the government where the problem actually exist they are labeled insurrectionist because proper police protection was not in place to handle the bad apples that exist in every crowd of 10's of thousands of people.

Last edited:
While everything you say sounds great the problem is we end up with the TSA and a 2 year old being banned from a return flight with their parents from somewhere because of a mask infraction.

Nothing is perfect, but that doesn't mean we don't use these tools we need.

It became clear the ball was severely dropped on 9/11. So, we addressed it with the TSA. (Though I'll play Devil's Advocate by agreeing with your premise in terms of the Patriot Act!). Now we have a badly dropped ball again, with 1/6.

Nothing is perfect, but that doesn't mean we don't use these tools we need.

It became clear the ball was severely dropped on 9/11. So, we addressed it with the TSA. (Though I'll play Devil's Advocate by agreeing with your premise in terms of the Patriot Act!). Now we have a badly dropped ball again, with 1/6.
More and bigger government is not the solution. The solution is to get rid of the bought and paid for puppets we have for leaders and elect real leaders. Leaders that will do their job. Instead we have Biden sending illegals all over the country in the middle of the night during a omicron pandemic hoping nobody notices his complete failure at everything he does. Our economy is good if your a CEO or the rich. While our retired on fixed incomes move from poverty to below poverty because of skyrocketing prices. We had millions of people in the streets during a full blown pandemic before the vaccine was available spreading this virus to every corner of this country being cheered on by incompetent leaders from both parties. I am surprised so few people actually died. There must be a God looking after the people too stupid to look after themselves.

Everyone knew a large crowd of people were coming to the capitol. We had seen for over a year the violence by protesters in every city in the country. Local leadership did nothing but support terrorism. Why there was not enough police there to secure the capitol is the same as why our border is not secure and why we saw all the terrorism all across this country. It was allowed to happen by the government. So what good will more government be.

We saw how the local authorities did nothing to stop the protest from getting out of hand in every city in this country. The police were no allowed to arrest people burning, looting, destroying property, and terrorizing law abiding citizens. This is what needs to be addressed by the federal government. We need a task force finding out why the leaders of these cities did nothing to protect peoples rights and property. These leaders are the people who need to be removed from office and prosecuted. We need to do the same with the capitol protest. The only reason people died is because proper police protection was not provided. We need a task force to go after the idiots masquerading as leaders who dropped the ball or looked the other way. If it turns out they are just incompetent then we need to remove them from being leaders. They need to be prosecuted as well so other leaders will see this will not be tolerated.
What total exaggerations: "Every city in this country." "Everyone knew" "Leadership did nothing but support terrorism" "Police no allowed to arrest"

Here's the crux of it: Domestic Terrorism is the biggest threat to the USA. It doesn't make any difference if it is politically motivated, racist, hate group, whatever. It has to be reigned in.

Creating the new unit is appropriate.

No way the city leaders of every city in this nation are going to be rounded up by the new Domestic Terrorism unit for 'supporting terrorism.' Not gonna happen.

To the remark about what good more government might do:

If our government is not powerful enough to counter Domestic Terror, the answer is not to weaken it further. No. The answer is logically to increase the power of the federal government. That might sound scary, but it is perfectly logical. The larger the country becomes, the larger the government needs to be. The greater the threat to the public, the greater the peacekeeping force needs to be.

What total exaggerations: "Every city in this country." "Everyone knew" "Leadership did nothing but support terrorism" "Police no allowed to arrest"

Here's the crux of it: Domestic Terrorism is the biggest threat to the USA. It doesn't make any difference if it is politically motivated, racist, hate group, whatever. It has to be reigned in.

Creating the new unit is appropriate.

No way the city leaders of every city in this nation are going to be rounded up by the new Domestic Terrorism unit for 'supporting terrorism.' Not gonna happen.

To the remark about what good more government might do:

If our government is not powerful enough to counter Domestic Terror, the answer is not to weaken it further. No. The answer is logically to increase the power of the federal government. That might sound scary, but it is perfectly logical. The larger the country becomes, the larger the government needs to be. The greater the threat to the public, the greater the peacekeeping force needs to be.
I know your wrong. In my small city ANTIFA & BLM showed up just like they did everywhere in the country. They were gone the same day. You know why because our police let them know from the start their antics would not be tolerated. They moved on to someplace that would allow them to cause problems like the larger left run cities. They weren't in our town protesting they wanted to do their normal terrorizing and quickly realized it would not be tolerated. As the crowd size increased so did the police presence. Anyone blocking the street was immediately dispersed or arrested.

I was going to go down there and see what was going on. By the time I got through with work they were already dispersing.

I know your wrong. In my small city ANTIFA & BLM showed up just like they did everywhere in the country. They were gone the same day. You know why because our police let them know from the start their antics would not be tolerated. They moved on to someplace that would allow them to cause problems like the larger left run cities. They weren't in our town protesting they wanted to do their normal terrorizing and quickly realized it would not be tolerated. As the crowd size increased so did the police presence. Anyone blocking the street was immediately dispersed or arrested.

I was going to go down there and see what was going on. By the time I got through with work they were already dispersing.
Uh huh. That claim sound fanciful.

Even in the Rittenhouse protest where were the police. I am watching video of a felon lighting things on fire in the middle of the protest and nobody arrested him. You don't need a quote to see what is happening just a brain. I promise you if I go downtown where I live and right in front of the police I start setting things on fire I will be arrested and sitting in jail not terrorizing more people for days. These protesters/terrorist were running up to citizens standing in the street protecting their property and businesses and screaming in their faces because in the previous days the police stood by and did nothing. The police did nothing because they were told not to stop the terrorist by their leaders. I was a police officer and police do not stand by and allow burning, looting, and destruction of property go on without being under orders. Police do not stand by and allow aggressive terrorist scream names at citizens and try and intimidate them unless under orders to not do their job. Only an idiot would or could not connect the dots on that. If you think I am lying the next time you see a police officer set something on fire and find out the truth.

This post was a false claim: "Local leadership did nothing but support terrorism."

A request was made to support the false claim with a quote of local leadership expressing support for terrorism. The reply seen here is an ugly, condescending (and baiting) denial of the need for a quote, accompanied by a statement that what was instead required was possession of 'a brain.'

Which is also saying: 'I ain't got no quote.'

No quote, then local leadership did not support terrorism.

Oh, and if ya have to get ugly to augment your position?

You ain't got much of a position.

If ya had one, that would be all ya need to make your point.

A valid position stands on it's own merit.

No quote, false claim.

Show us the quote, OK it happened.

No quote, it didn't happen.

Personal anecdotes don't cut it in an online national political conversation. There is no way to vet the information. A poster could say anything. How would the forum know if it is true? It needs to be a reference to a verified story by the established main stream media. Then it is verifiable. They have a reputation for accurate reporting.

It is best to verify information prior to allowing it in a socially aware discussion.

Otherwise the discussion could be based on completely false information.

This post was a false claim: "Local leadership did nothing but support terrorism."

A request was made to support the false claim with a quote of local leadership expressing support for terrorism. The reply seen here is an ugly, condescending (and baiting) denial of the need for a quote, accompanied by a statement that what was instead required was possession of 'a brain.'

Which is also saying: 'I ain't got no quote.'

No quote, then local leadership did not support terrorism.

Oh, and if ya have to get ugly to augment your position?

You ain't got much of a position.

If ya had one, that would be all ya need to make your point.

A valid position stands on it's own merit.

No quote, false claim.

Show us the quote, OK it happened.

No quote, it didn't happen.
Please. People doing things underhanded and sneaky don't go on record making statements to that effect. You can't be that clueless. That would be like Hillary and Bill going on FOX and stating all those speeches earning them 1/4 of billion dollars were really bribes. But it seems nobody wants to hear anything from them now that they can no longer deal out political favors. If you can't read between the lines I feel sorry for you.

Personal anecdotes don't cut it in an online national political conversation. There is no way to vet the information. A poster could say anything. How would the forum know if it is true? It needs to be a reference to a verified story by the established main stream media. Then it is verifiable. They have a reputation for accurate reporting.

It is best to verify information prior to allowing it in a socially aware discussion.

Otherwise the discussion could be based on completely false information.
I believe what I see not what some lying politician wants me to believe. You need to get out and see what is really happening with your own eyes. If the people of Germany had looked around instead of believing the lies being fed them by the media and government Adolf would not have been their leader and the Nazi party wouldn't have taken over.

More and bigger government is not the solution.

This is a very general assumption, to which I often agree.

But our specific concern is consolidating resources to better fight a rising threat.

The solution is to get rid of the bought and paid for puppets we have for leaders and elect real leaders. Leaders that will do their job. Instead we have Biden sending illegals all over the country in the middle of the night during a omicron pandemic hoping nobody notices his complete failure at everything he does. Our economy is good if your a CEO or the rich. While our retired on fixed incomes move from poverty to below poverty because of skyrocketing prices.

I have seen this economic problem growing for decades, too. I can't 'solve it', or 'save us from it'.

I believe the best we can do about all this, is to raise & educate our children the best we can. And one of those 'educations' should be in the economic realities of life.

We had millions of people in the streets during a full blown pandemic before the vaccine was available spreading this virus to every corner of this country being cheered on by incompetent leaders from both parties. I am surprised so few people actually died.

Yeah, I was amazed at the disregard shown by so many of my fellow Americans. Those were very dark times!

There must be a God looking after the people too stupid to look after themselves.

You got that right!

Please. People doing things underhanded and sneaky don't go on record making statements to that effect. You can't be that clueless. That would be like Hillary and Bill going on FOX and stating all those speeches earning them 1/4 of billion dollars were really bribes. But it seems nobody wants to hear anything from them now that they can no longer deal out political favors. If you can't read between the lines I feel sorry for you.
Your post is pathetically condescending whataboutism, coupled with animosity and derogatory cracks about another poster.

An inability to make a point without down-talking the other poster indicates a weak unsupported point.

Basically, ya got nothing. It is a failure to support what you said. Can't back it up, then it's not true. Trying to change the subject or making denigrating remarks about other posters does not support what you said. And it's not very nice or friendly!

If you have to attack people who disagree with you, do you really think that makes your point valid? -SMH- It does not, and it detracts from your position. It makes your position look feeble. Are you here to try to make a point or attack those who disagree with you? Your point is now as rock solid as a house of cards on the back seat of a motorcycle going 60. On a dirt road!

Here is my point: Trump supporters visciously attacked our capitol. The Justice Department is rightfully creating a new Domestic Terrorism Unit because our government and the public is under threat from out-of-control right wing power junkies and racists who want to impose mob rule.

Note: I don't have to say anything about other posters to make my point. Not a single word. My point stands on it's own merit.

I believe what I see not what some lying politician wants me to believe. You need to get out and see what is really happening with your own eyes. If the people of Germany had looked around instead of believing the lies being fed them by the media and government Adolf would not have been their leader and the Nazi party wouldn't have taken over.

The main stream news is credible, not some high paid millionaire talk pundit whose real job is to say provocative things in order to sell advertising. If there is a reluctance to believe what a lying politician says then don't believe a single word out of Donald Trump's mouth. He is a con man, and his followers are a cult living in a bubble of BS.

But our specific concern is consolidating resources to better fight a rising threat.
The only reason there is a rising threat is our leaders are supporting these people and their criminal actions. I walk down the street and I have some BLM idiot run up to me and scream in my face call my friends and I names when they don't know anything about us trying to start a confrontation. If they don't succeed they are lighting things on fire, destroying peoples property, taking away peoples freedom and rights while our police are dismantled or looking the other way as ordered. I know these police and the only reason they are not enforcing the law is they have been stopped from doing it. If we allow the police to do their job and stop these criminals from the start instead of letting them think this acceptable behavior we won't need any task force. Take away these peoples belief they can get away with these criminal actions and they will stop.

Then there is this stupid idea that a year later we will go back and look at the video and see if we can prosecute someone. These people should have been arrest that day and already been sentenced if guilty. We don't need any more do nothing or too little to late government workers riding a desk collecting an enormous salary and pension when what we need are officers in the street doing their job.

Back
Top Bottom