• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Juno actor Ellen Page publicly comes out as a transgender male named Elliot and tells fans in a statement: 'My pronouns are he/they' - as wife of two

I suppose a big part of the problem here is that there's a segment of society demanding that we all adopt what is, in effect, a faith-based definition of gender. Elliot believes she is really a man and thus wishes to identify as one, so we all must adopt her definition of gender by addressing her with the "correct" pronouns. What happened to science?

Biology matters.

We wish it to be known that we've decided to adopt as our pronoun of preference the "royal we."

Elliot and his w wife will likely divorce in the coming months because his wife is a lesbian and he is not.

It's great that he came out as male and stopped living a double life for the sake of others. Everyone should have the ability and the right to be happy, no matter how much it annoys or bothers religious conservatives of every stripe and religion.

He/they haven't come out as male. Elliot is female because sex is not gender. Elliot is a non-binary transgender female. He/they being non binary, identifies as neither a man or woman, or possibly both a man and a woman, but he/they is still a female.

Elliott always felt like a man but he was afraid to come out and admit his gender so instead, he lived as a female which aligned with his physical birth gender.

Why do you care that trans people come out of the closet or do you have a problem with them existing openly in pubnlic? Do you feel that their existence is a threat to you or anyone else?

You're misgendering Elliot by calling him/they a man. Elliot has said he/they is non-binary. Neither man or woman, or possibly both a man and woman.

And your biological knowledge is shocking!! Lived as a female? Physical birth gender?? You need to learn what those words mean. And what does being a man feel like?

I loved the movie "Juno". I saw it more than once. Elliot Page was wonderful in it. I wish him a lot of luck and joy on his voyage of self-discovery. He is very young. How can anyone expect him to know himself inside out at such a tender age?

Elliot is 33.

Actually, it is unknown. Elliot has called himself/themselves a non-binary transperson (how exactly can your gender be both non-binary and trans?)

Elliot Page said:
Hi friends, I want to share with you that I am trans, my pronouns are he/they and my name is Elliot.
Was that ambiguous? Did he say he was non binary? Or is it possible you never read the statement in full and never attempted empathy?

and Elliots pronouns are confusing - he/they. Should we be saying he is or they is or they are?
He/they pronouns are easy. I am not a fan of making up random words as pronouns to make other people use, but that isn't the case here. Use he, they, or both, just like you would for anyone that identifies male.

Was that ambiguous? Did he say he was non binary? Or is it possible you never read the statement in full and never attempted empathy?

He/they pronouns are easy. I am not a fan of making up random words as pronouns to make other people use, but that isn't the case here. Use he, they, or both, just like you would for anyone that identifies male.

If someone said my pronouns are he/she, what would you use? Would you really not be confused?

People don't identify as male. People and animals are either male or female. Elliot produces large immobile gametes and is thus female.

If someone said my pronouns are he/she, what would you use? Would you really not be confused?

People don't identify as male. People and animals are either male or female. Elliot produces large immobile gametes and is thus female.
I'm sure all the people who do now identify as male after experiencing gender dysphoria love hearing they don't exist. And you wonder why people call people like you intolerant. A person isn't defined by what's between their legs, but what's between their ears.

They must really be masochists if they would continue to come out making the claim, knowing the kind of hate they will receive.

Do only elite athletes matter? Is an unfair advantage okay if it's a school or university level? What about the woman who loses out to a sports scholarship to a university or the girls who doesn't get into her school team? Why can't transwomen compete in the male category, since they are actually biologically male?

Allowing males to compete against females in female sports despite the obvious physiological advantages they have, just to make them feel better is dumb and seriously unfair, as well as sexist.

No one is hurt by it at all. You're pretending to be a victim of .0001% of the population. Pathetic.

I'm sure all the people who do now identify as male after experiencing gender dysphoria love hearing they don't exist. And you wonder why people call people like you intolerant. A person isn't defined by what's between their legs, but what's between their ears.

They must really be masochists if they would continue to come out making the claim, knowing the kind of hate they will receive.

A person isn't defined by what's between their legs, but their sex is, as this is where male and female reproductive organs are located and where male and female gametes are produced. Being male or female isn't something you identify as, it's something you are and that is genetically determined at conception.

What makes an animal male or female?

We're talking sex, not gender. Sex is a biological reality. Being kind and tolerant does not mean you have to reject science.

It's no so much the impact on sports as it is the impact on individuals, even if that impact is felt by only a small number of young women. When a male athlete, identifying as female, wins a high school track race there's genuine female athlete who has been unfairly denied a victory. Maybe the only harm done in that case is disappointment for the second place finisher. Maybe it's more than that; maybe it's a missed college scholarship because the second place finisher didn't attract the attention of some college coach where a victory in that race would have. There's no way to know, but regardless of how widespread the issue is, it is manifestly unfair to have young men compete in women's athletic events. The only defense for it is to adopt a "who cares if it's unfair?" attitude, and that seems rather callous.

Fake victim crybaby bs. .0001% of the population is not victimizing you and "your kind". People need to butch up.

A person isn't defined by what's between their legs, but their sex is, as this is where male and female reproductive organs are located and where male and female gametes are produced. Being male or female isn't something you identify as, it's something you are and that is genetically determined at conception.

What makes an animal male or female?

We're talking sex, not gender. Sex is a biological reality. Being kind and tolerant does not mean you have to reject science.
No, we're talking about gender not sex. Elliot didn't come out and say "I am now biologically male."

No one is hurt by it at all. You're pretending to be a victim of .0001% of the population. Pathetic.

0.0001% of the population are athletes that use performance enhancing drugs. Should that be allowed? Females who lose to males in sporting competitions are hurt by it. Are you okay with males boxing against females? The only people who are pathetic are those that think males should be able to compete against females in women's events and that women should put up with it when they lose. Check your sexism.

But, Ecofarm, the way I understand it, it's not the national scene that people are concerned about, but the local, state-wide competitions.

Since I have no proof of this, you can freely consider it to be anecdotal, but I saw a national news report during the past year or so that talked about a male athlete at a high school who became a transgendered female. To be fair to her new identity, the school let her join the female track team. She promptly beat all the other girls in every event, and it wasn't even close. In doing so, she broke every female record at the school. She moved on to the district competitions and easily won every event there, too. She went on to the state level and won everything there, as well.

It would be easy to cheer her on, but when you look at all the other girls who had practiced and worked all their lives toward winning those races and awards only to have their dreams shattered by someone who had trained as a boy and who was born with a muscular advantage--well, you can understand how it broke the hearts of many, many girls and their parents.

For that reason, I think that sports that require a certain amount of strength should be restricted to the gender of which one was born. All other sports should be open to everybody.

I heard a story too. Lots of stories. By tons of bigoted little girly man babies crying about fairness. And stories from parents using their children as weapons of hate. Yep, done heard 'em.

But I draw conclusions from statistics.

No, we're talking about gender not sex. Elliot didn't come out and say "I am now biologically male."

Yes, I know what we're talking about. You said being male and female was something a person can identify as, which is incorrect. Being male or female is a physical, biological reality that is determined at conception.

Elliot is, has always been, and can only ever be female.

I heard a story too. Lots of stories. By tons of bigoted little girly man babies crying about fairness. And stories from parents using their children as weapons of hate. Yep, done heard 'em.

But I draw conclusions from statistics.

Yeah, who needs fairness in sporting events? If a male wants to compete in women's events to make them feel validated, then the women should shut up and not complain when they lose. They're just women after all. Sexist tripe.

Yes, I know what we're talking about. You said being male and female was something a person can identify as, which is incorrect. Being male or female is a physical, biological reality that is determined at conception.

Elliot is, has always been, and can only ever be female.
Intolerance. You're clinging to your technicalities like a life raft, but they're really red herrings. You don't care about the science, or you wouldn't have a hangup if someone asked you to use the pronouns he/she. I would have thought you would like that, since it really takes all the trouble out of it, you could just call them whatever you're more comfortable with.

Yeah, who needs fairness in sporting events? If a male wants to compete in women's events to make them feel validated, then the women should shut up and not complain when they lose. They're just women after all. Sexist tripe.

It's high school sports. No one's scholarship is dependent on a win. They're awarded by individual stats.

This fake victim crap from men acting like little girls needs to stop.

Transgender women are women and are entitled to all accompanying privileges. Deal with it like a big boy.

No, I did not,

You have repeatedly deadnamed Elliot Page, and no foot-stamping by you can cover up that fact. :)

and 'deadnaming' is not a thing to anyone other than Trans-Radical SJWs.
:LOL: :LOL:

Here come the juvenile insults. A classic sign that you have nothing intelligent to say yet you still want to keep running your mouth.

I'm not cis.

Bold claim you just made there.

The rest of the post is thus bigotry masquerading as a strong desire to not admit when one is wrong and being unwilling to admit their privilege.

GummyVitamins is pretending to be woke to try to shame social justice.

It's high school sports. No one's scholarship is dependent on a win. They're awarded by individual stats.

Transgender women are women and are entitled to all accompanying privileges. Deal with it like a big boy.

The second I give a flying **** about trans women competing against cis women in sports is the day that social cons support transgender equality in all things.

Not killing trans people or participating in hate speech against them would be a good start.

"Trans-radical SJW" conjures an image of Gollum climbing from a dark cave. Gotta wonder, at what bigoted scumbag corner of the net did he get that? How deep and dark is that hole.

"Trans-radical SJW" conjures an image of Gollum climbing from a dark cave. Gotta wonder, at what bigoted scumbag corner of the net did he get that? How deep and dark is that hole.

It sounds like he copy-pasted it from Ben Shapiro's website. Opponents of social justice never offer anything original, only parroting what their bigoted talking heads tell them to think and say.

No it's not. A transgender woman (biologically male) won the women's world cycling championship.

Back
Top Bottom