• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Juno actor Ellen Page publicly comes out as a transgender male named Elliot and tells fans in a statement: 'My pronouns are he/they' - as wife of two

buck

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Ellen Page publicly comes out as a transgender male named Elliot, says: 'My pronouns are he/they' | Daily Mail Online

I don't care if she is transgender.. and she should live her life however she wants. Although I won't consider Ellen a "he".

But, I was reading this story, and wondering what does that mean for her wife?

The wife is now married to, what people that follow this ideology believe, to be a man. Many will believe she was always a man.

Does this mean that the wife is no longer a lesbian and the wife is, and always was, a cis, hetero woman?

Ellen Page publicly comes out as a transgender male named Elliot, says: 'My pronouns are he/they' | Daily Mail Online

I don't care if she is transgender.. and she should live her life however she wants. Although I won't consider Ellen a "he".

The wife is now married to, what people that follow this ideology believe, to be a man. Many will believe she was always a man.

Does this mean that the wife is no longer a lesbian and the wife is, and always was, a cis, hetero woman?
It means when they switch he has to take the strap on.

Bi-Sexual

I wonder if that's going to screw things up for "The Umbrella Academy"?

So, she's never liked dick (as an example).. But has to be a bi now? Her identity makes no difference?
You know she didn't? Just because someone has a preference does not mean they are against other options completely.

If you don't care, then why not use the proper pronouns?

I have no idea. Obviously, they have to deal with it. Why is that your concern?

:rolleyes:

What it means is that maybe you should let them deal with it. To whatever extent it is anyone else's business, they'll fill us in.

So, she's never liked dick (as an example).. But has to be a bi now? Her identity makes no difference?
How nice of you. No, wait, what you're saying is crass and disrespectful.

It's up to them to figure it out, and only tell the public what they want to share.

Or, rather than make insulting assumptions, you could read a little more about this:

EW: Elliot Page's wife is 'so proud' of him for coming out as transgender: 'Love you so much'

You know she didn't? Just because someone has a preference does not mean they are against other options completely.

No, i do not know for certain. But, assuming she is a gold star lesbian or didn't like dick, does that mean she is now bi just because ellen proclaims she is a man? How about Ellen's prior girlfriends who might be lesbians and not like men.. have they always been bi now?

How about the other partners where (for example) the husband proclaims he is now a she and will often end in a divorce. Was that wife always a lesbian but unaware until the husband came out as a she?

How nice of you. No, wait, what you're saying is crass and disrespectful.

It's up to them to figure it out, and only tell the public what they want to share.

Or, rather than make insulting assumptions, you could read a little more about this:

EW: Elliot Page's wife is 'so proud' of him for coming out as transgender: 'Love you so much'

I'm so glad that she is proud. Not sure how that impacts thequestion of.. Does that mean that the wife is no longer a lesbian but is hetero now?

She always looked like a boy 🤷‍♂️

I'm so glad that she is proud. Not sure how that impacts thequestion of.. Does that mean that the wife is no longer a lesbian but is hetero now?
How about it's not your concern -- as you yourself claimed -- and you should simply let them figure it out?

How about it's not your concern -- as you yourself claimed -- and you should simply let them figure it out?

How about instead of that, I ask a different question... If she was with a guy at one time, is that guy now gay? He's now been with an (alleged) male, at least many of this ideology believe that.

She always looked like a boy 🤷‍♂️

Eh, I dunno.. I really only know her from Juno.. Didn't think she looked masculine in that movie. I do see, with an image search, that she looks more boyish in some of her more recent pictures. At least more so then I remember.

Would've been shocking just a short time ago.

Now it's like "who cares?"

Not surprising, though Ellen/Elliot is older (33) than the current demographic identifying as trans in the largest numbers (adolescent natal females)

Who cares? Lots of young lesbians who lost yet another role model.

How about instead of that, I ask a different question... If she was with a guy at one time, is that guy now gay?
How about you stop with the truly bizarre (if not downright homophobic and transphobic) questions? And while you're at it, use the correct pronouns.

Last edited:

Congratulations to Elliot Page! 🏳️‍🌈

How about you stop with the truly bizarre (if not downright homophobic and transphobic) questions? And while you're at it, use the correct pronouns.

So, a straight guy is now gay because a girl he slept with decided she was a boy? and the lesbian is now straight because the girl she slept with now decided she was a he. That's what is truly bizarre.

So, a straight guy is now gay because a girl he slept with decided she was a boy? and the lesbian is now straight because the girl she slept with now decided she was a he. That's what is truly bizarre.

Reality is not dependent on whether you comprehend it.

Back
Top Bottom