• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Juno actor Ellen Page publicly comes out as a transgender male named Elliot and tells fans in a statement: 'My pronouns are he/they' - as wife of two

No it's not. A transgender woman (biologically male) won the women's world cycling championship.

That's like the "College National Championship" when a transgender woman won a 100m race at a small school event. Spare us the dramatics. Put on the big boy pants and accept reality. Transgender women are women and entitled to all that goes with being such. You're not victimized. You're not living in tyranny. You have no reason to cry. Butch up. Come on you can take it. You can let these people compete. It doesn't hurt anyone. It doesn't hurt you.

Why you gotta be a victim?

What is "deadnaming"?
What is "cis"?
I am sure no one is doing anything of which I am unaware out in the real world, but I no longer know the jargon.

That's like the "College National Championship" when a transgender woman won a 100m race at a small school event. Spare us the dramatics. Put on the big boy pants and accept reality. Transgender women are women and entitled to all that goes with being such. You're not victimized. You're not living in tyranny. You have no reason to cry. Butch up. Come on you can take it. You can let these people compete. It doesn't hurt anyone. It doesn't hurt you.

Why you gotta be a victim?

A world championship is not a college championship. Why do you not give a crap about women who've dedicated their whole lives to a sport? Why does the feelings of men come above fairness for women?

Woman: an adult human female.
Female: of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) which can be fertilized by male gametes.

Was that ambiguous? Did he say he was non binary? Or is it possible you never read the statement in full and never attempted empathy?
He/they pronouns are easy. I am not a fan of making up random words as pronouns to make other people use, but that isn't the case here. Use he, they, or both, just like you would for anyone that identifies male.
We don't use the plural pronoun they for men. It's confusing.

Never citations for these "world" and "national" "championships". Always minor sporting events. Buncha crybaby fearmongering and fake victim politics.

We don't use the plural pronoun they for men. It's confusing.
"Where's John?"

"They're at the store."

So confusing.

He is at the store. Not they.
Then use he. He said he/they, you can use either or just one. Anything else is just intentional dickeshness.

If gender is a social construct, how can there be a neurological mismatch between that and their biological sex?
At the risk of vastly oversimplifying a very complex topic:

The biological component refers to the elements we normally oversimplify as "male" and "female," which usually means phenotypes such as chromosomes, genitals, breast development, and hormone levels.

Gender, as a social construct, is how we as a society make sense of these biological features (typically, only the most obvious ones such as genitals).

However, it's not like there is a line between the two that cannot be crossed. Social structures can actually modify your brain; what you learn, and how you approach the world, is often encoded in neurological structures, and this has all sorts of cognitive impacts. One example is that the ancient Greeks didn't have a word for "blue." Their eyes worked the same as ours, but because they did not distinguish "blue" as a specific color, they simply didn't perceive it that way. Homer, for example, never used the term; he described the oceans as "wine-dark." Contemporary members of the Himba tribes also do not perceive blue as a separate color -- but they can also perceive distinctions in shades of green that we do not.

(It runs in the other direction, too. E.g. stress causes all sorts of physiological problems, like high blood pressure, because the emotional experience causes the body to release hormones.)

We also know, in part due to research in transgenderism, that children internalize gender norms at a very young age. A biological boy who identifies persistently as a girl knows many of the social cues we typically associate with girls -- e.g. she will play with dolls, want to wear dresses, prefers pink and so on. Our society has determined that "pink is for girls" and "blue is for boys," and thus that is how, from even a very young age, we make sense of our bodies, what our bodies tell us about ourselves, and what our bodies tell others about us.

Thus, what is probably happening is that there is a neurological condition which convinces the individual that, even if they have a fully functional penis and testes, that they are "not a male." The result is distress, often extreme distress, that cannot be resolved by therapy or psychiatric medications.

The (fairly rare) presence of persistent gender dysmorphia in children, carrying through to adulthood, is a strong indicator that this is not a result of some sort of event, or trauma, or psychological pressure. Other hints include subcultures like drag, where the individual does not experience distress because of an underlying mismatch between gender and biological sex -- rather, they are deliberately performing as a member of the opposite gender for entertainment, pleasure, amusement, or social commentary.

It may be very similar to the body integrity identity disorder mentioned earlier in this thread, where the afflicted individual has a neurological condition that convinces the patient that a 100% healthy limb is somehow "wrong," or is not really a part of their body. It is not a psychological issue, the individual is not delusional, they can't be talked out of it, psychiatric medications and therapy rarely work.

Perhaps at some future date, we might be able to deal with BIID and transgenderism in the same way, by addressing the neurological issues. But, maybe not. Even if that is possible, the only way to find develop those treatments is to acknowledge and discover the physical basis for the mismatch between one's biological features and one's gender identity. Either way, at this time, the best option is not to deny how the individual feels, or force them to match their gender identity to their biological features.

Perhaps society needs to be okay with effeminate men and masculine women, because trans ideology seems to be re-enforcing gender stereotypes.
Yeah, no.

Transgenderism isn't about "effeminate men" or "masculine women." There are plenty of men who enjoy things that we stereotype as "female" who don't feel psychological distress because they have a penis; and the same for women. Those very labels presume that gender is purely or primarily biological in origin.

Society should recognize that gender norms are flexible social constructs, and let people be who they want to be. That doesn't mean we should completely ignore biology, including how the vast majority of individuals are happily cis. We should recognize that gender norms can be toxic and oppressive, and fuel misogyny, sexism, homophobia and transphobia.

Transgenderism threatens, rather than supports, the standard narrative of cis heteronormativity. It is a direct assault on the flawed assumption that our gender norms are based on iron-clad biological features. That is one key reason why there is so much transphobia.

He/they haven't come out as male. Elliot is female because sex is not gender. Elliot is a non-binary transgender female. He/they being non binary, identifies as neither a man or woman, or possibly both a man and a woman, but he/they is still a female.
In the commonly understood definition of the word, sex is in fact gender. Elliot is, by any rational and scientific assessment, a woman. I sho
Fake victim crybaby bs. .0001% of the population is not victimizing you and "your kind". People need to butch up.
Someone’s a little sore.

Deadnaming is when you use the pre-transition name for the individual.

Cisgender is a term for those whose gender identity matches their biological sex at birth.

Thank you. So cisgender is not a pejorative term if it is applied to someone who is happy with his or her biological sex at birth and feels his/her gender identity is a good match with it. In other words, I, who am a biological female and have been since birth, am cisgender since I identify as a female. There would be nothing wrong in people calling me "cisgender". I want to understand and not be offensive to others.

In the commonly understood definition of the word, sex is in fact gender.

That's pathetically uneducated. Gender is a sociological term. It never was used in biology. It was used as a euphemism on forms so as to avoid the word "sex". Now every know nothing thinks they're a biologist and sociologist. Rank ignorance.

Gender is the roles and expectations assigned any group by society. Gender is a social construct. Having a PhD specialization in Gender, I'm not confronted by less than high school educations basing their scientific opinion on forms they've seen. They're pathetic and don't care about education enough to even wiki something. They're bigoted scum spewing their wretched agenda to grant themselves self worth and nothing more.

Then use he. He said he/they, you can use either or just one. Anything else is just intentional dickeshness.
LOL
THanks for the advice, but I'll stick with "she" - the objective way God identfied her and face the wrath of being harangued as a bigot by the "woke" folks.

In most of the real world “gender” and “sex” are synonymous.

I understand that in a world where people are changing sexes that the word "gender" has had to undergo changes. However, my problem with the word is that I always used the word "gender" only for grammar and the word "sex" for biological differences.

Never citations for these "world" and "national" "championships". Always minor sporting events. Buncha crybaby fearmongering and fake victim politics.
Really not into intelligent discussion on a matter, are you?

I understand that in a world where people are changing sexes that the word "gender" has had to undergo changes. However, my problem with the word is that I always used the word "gender" only for grammar and the word "sex" for biological differences.
I guess I’ll start by challenging the premise of your statement. IMO, we are not in a world or a time when either sex or changer is “changing.” We are in a time where it has become socially acceptable — at least in some quarters — for women to pretend they are men and men to pretend they are women.

The world is not changing. The dictionary definition of words may be changing, but have not changed, yet. Only cultural norms are clearly changing.

Charlize Theron has confirmed that her adopted son, Jackson Theron, is now a girl.
She basically hormonally castrated a black child...
I wonder if this is racism or liberalism?
EoVKDLlXUAAQcgW

I guess I’ll start by challenging the premise of your statement. IMO, we are not in a world or a time when either sex or changer is “changing.” We are in a time where it has become socially acceptable — at least in some quarters — for women to pretend they are men and men to pretend they are women.

I will not get into who can decide when there is a sex change for everyone. Individuals can speaks for themselves.
But IMO when someone has major surgeries and hormone replacement, that is a sex change.

LOL

THanks for the advice, but I'll stick with "she" - the objective way God identfied her and face the wrath of being harangued as a bigot by the "woke" folks.
I wouldn't consider myself part of the "woke" crowd, I just have empathy and kindness. I'm sorry you do not.

Really not into intelligent discussion on a matter, are you?

My reputation speaks for itself. All the little bitch boys be crying.

Back
Top Bottom