• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

July 4

Actually, you proved my point. Assuming they control congress, congress actually makes the final decision, thus they are the ones in control.

actually I didn't, but that's o.k. ... we sorta agree ...

actually I didn't, but that's o.k. ... we sorta agree ...

You did. Ultimatly congress is a minority of people who tyranize us with their constant unconstitutional lawmaking, whether they make those laws because a corporation donates money to their campaign or just because they enjoy controlling others. Corporations dont actually cast votes, submit bills or issues orders to govt employees. They can only try to influence lawmakers and bureaucrats to do so. Furthermore, corporations are groups of people. Its entirely reasonable for them to lobby congress.

In the end, its the voters who gave congress the power. The majority gave the minority power to tyranize them.

You did. Ultimatly congress is a minority of people who tyranize us with their constant unconstitutional lawmaking, whether they make those laws because a corporation donates money to their campaign or just because they enjoy controlling others. Corporations dont actually cast votes, submit bills or issues orders to govt employees. They can only try to influence lawmakers and bureaucrats to do so. Furthermore, corporations are groups of people. Its entirely reasonable for them to lobby congress.

In the end, its the voters who gave congress the power. The majority gave the minority power to tyranize them.

lobbyists for corporations actually help to write bills, and if you're comfortable with corporations having this kind of power, knock yourself out ... have a good day ...

lobbyists for corporations actually help to write bills, and if you're comfortable with corporations having this kind of power, knock yourself out ... have a good day ...

Only because Congressman let them. Anyone can write a bill. Only congress can submit them.

Why are we to give dead, racist, deeply troubled men lip service? I don't see the point.

Despite what the right wing says, President Obama is not nor is he trying to destroy America.

Neither side is trying to destroy the country in an overt evil scientist "Mwahahahahahaha!" kind of way.

Both sides are, however, subconsciously doing a fine job of it without even realizing it, though.

Only if they sell themselves, which is illegal. Lobbying is a right. Dont like it, stop voting for them.

Stop voting for the Congressmen who take money from the special interests?
Finding one is like finding a whooping crane.

Only because Congressman let them. Anyone can write a bill. Only congress can submit them.

jonny ... the point is that they paid for that privilege and the congressman wants to make sure s/he gives her/his pimps what they paid for ... and we keep electing them ...

take care ...

Stop voting for the Congressmen who take money from the special interests?
Finding one is like finding a whooping crane.

Why would I vote for someone who would not let me dontate to their campaign? After all, I'm a special interest group too! :)

Better than having the government write them.

What sacrifices? I am referring to the "Founding Fathers" not soldiers.

The founding fathers were soldiers and public servents. They risked their lives and freedom to declare independence. Maybe you heard about the army that invaded america and tried to kill or capture everyone.

jonny ... the point is that they paid for that privilege and the congressman wants to make sure s/he gives her/his pimps what they paid for ... and we keep electing them ...

take care ...

The point is paying is illegal. Lobbying is not.

The founding fathers were soldiers and public servents. They risked their lives and freedom to declare independence. Maybe you heard about the army that invaded america and tried to kill or capture everyone.

The American Revolution was not a real revolution. Not really. Or not one that really meant anything.

Back
Top Bottom