• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Judge dismisses conspiracy charges against DeLay

Navy Pride said:
Come on dude get real......He is a partisan hack who has been after Delay for years and you know it..........
Is that really all that you got? Are you dead serious that your entire argument is "dude, come on"? I'm sorry, but I'm not down for assuming that someone is incapable of doing their job due to partisan hackery based on no evidense (and quite a bit of evidence to the contrary) other than a guy who just got indicted by him saying so.

galenrox said:
Is that really all that you got? Are you dead serious that your entire argument is "dude, come on"? I'm sorry, but I'm not down for assuming that someone is incapable of doing their job due to partisan hackery based on no evidense (and quite a bit of evidence to the contrary) other than a guy who just got indicted by him saying so.

You don't believe there is partisan politics huh? You live in a dream world DUDE!!!!!

Navy Pride said:
You don't believe there is partisan politics huh? You live in a dream world DUDE!!!!!

Navy Pride, you were praising Lieberman. He is a democrat. Are you going to call his politics "partisan"?

As pointed out by someone else, DeLay was admonished by people of his own party and then they were removed from the ethics committee by two people who contributed to DeLay's campaign. I love it when politics is partisan against its own party. LOL

Look at your attacks on Clinton by the republicans. Are you going to call the republicans partisan hacks? I doubt it. You'll call them heros. When THIS many people (both republicans and democrats) are findings issues with DeLay, something is not right. His world is crumbling--mark my words.

ALL of them had better look in the rear-view mirror, that Abramoff 18 wheeler is bearing down, and it's not going to be pretty.

Navy Pride said:
what? Please show me where I said that there aren't partisan politics, please! I dare you, show me one place I have EVER said that.

You know why I am so confident, cause I NEVER said that

It's funny how often I have to point out to you that you are arguing against something that I never said in the first place.

Alright, just try to think, I know it's hard, but just try to turn off Fox News, cause they aren't going to have your answer for you.

What I said was that "Dude, come on!" doesn't prove that Ronnie Earle is a partisan hack who is using the law to override the political process, which is something that anyone with the slightest grasp on logic could tell you.

Alright, here's where I'm gonna stop being condecending for a moment. I understand where you're coming from, based on two events in my life when I was certain of something because I thought "Of course it's this person who did this!", but I ended up entirely wrong.

Back when I was fifteen this girl from my church who used to babysit me, who at the time was going to Stanford disappeared. She went out for a bike ride one night in some mountains or woods, and didn't come home. We all believed she'd been abducted, and I was certain that she'd been abducted, and I was outraged at whoever did this to her, I wanted his head on a post. We found out about a month later when they found her body that she killed herself. I was wrong.

And then something happened last Winter, you may have heard about this cause it made national news, the whole Judge Lefkow thing. I've known that family my whole life, especially since their oldest daughter was my age, so we were in all of the same church groups. In case you didn't hear about this, or just don't remember it, Judge Lefkow's husband Michael and her mother (I didn't know her) were found murdered execution style in their house. I assumed, as did most, that it was clearly Matthew Hale, the leader of the white supremist group the United Church of something. He was on trial for trying to arrange her murder, so thus it made perfect sense, and it infuriated me whenever someone suggested it could possibly be someone else. It was obviously him, I mean, who the hell else would do that other than some ignorant racist who had already tried to have her killed?! It wasn't him, it turned out to be some crazy guy from Wisconsin.

So I know where you're coming from. You believe that with what you've heard and seen it's obvious that Ronnie Earle is a partisan hack, and that there's no way that the man you respect and admire, Tom Delay, actually commited any crimes.

And you have a right to believe that, but don't waste my time trying to prove it, cause you're not going to be successful. Ronnie Earle has persecuted 12 democrats and 3 republicans, and someone else saying so on this forum does not prove that those 12 democrats were all republicans in disguise. The other thing is it's a very large attack on Ronnie Earle's character to say that he's a partisan hack who is incapable of doing his job, so I'm sorry, I'm not just going to give Tom Delay the benefit of the doubt against all of the evidence when he says that Ronnie Earle is a partisan hack.
I've learned to use logic. I can say now that I have a reason to hope Delay is found guilty, if only to show you that even if you personally are certain, unless you have all of the facts, you can still be wrong.

aps said:
Navy Pride, you were praising Lieberman. He is a democrat. Are you going to call his politics "partisan"?

As pointed out by someone else, DeLay was admonished by people of his own party and then they were removed from the ethics committee by two people who contributed to DeLay's campaign. I love it when politics is partisan against its own party. LOL

Look at your attacks on Clinton by the republicans. Are you going to call the republicans partisan hacks? I doubt it. You'll call them heros. When THIS many people (both republicans and democrats) are findings issues with DeLay, something is not right. His world is crumbling--mark my words.

No aps, Leiberman is just the opposite of partisan..........Dean, Kerry, Pelosi, Murtha, and Kennedy are partisan.........I take my hat off to Leiberman..It takes a lot of courage for him to buck the radical left wing base of the democratic party......

Well when Delay is found innocent or the charges dropped he will get his leadership position back.........

No, the attacks on Clinton were by both dems and Republicans in the HOR otherwise they could have not impeached him........

You hoping his world is crumbling does not make it happen.......That said if he is convicted then he should be punished to the full extent of the law not let off like Clinton was........

Last edited:
So the Dem whose views you agree with isn't partisan, but the ones who have differing views from you are partisan.... :rofl Was Earle partisan when he was indicting Democrats?

scottyz said:
So the Dem whose views you agree with isn't partisan, but the ones who have differing views from you are partisan.... :rofl Was Earle partisan when he was indicting Democrats?

Yeah, something like that but not all dems, just the fare left whackos like Pelosi, Kerry, Kennedy, and Reid........

Navy Pride said:
Yeah, something like that but not all dems, just the fare left whackos like Pelosi, Kerry, Kennedy, and Reid........
bullcrap, you accuse every single person who disagrees with you about anything of being a far left whacko, including several republicans. You need to start understanding that certain words are relative, and when you say "far left" without specifying what they are far left of, people assume the center, and considering that you think the center, along with many to the right of the center, are far left, you should be able to see how this doesn't work out. I'd recomend start saying "far left of me", which would make sense, but, for example, RightatNYU isn't a leftist at all, unless you mean to the left of you. McCain isn't a liberal, etc.
The simple fact of the matter is you don't like the concept of people being allowed to disagree with you, interpret facts and events differently than you, etc. We all know it, the only one you're still effectively lying to is yourself.

galenrox said:
The simple fact of the matter is you don't like the concept of people being allowed to disagree with you, interpret facts and events differently than you, etc. We all know it, the only one you're still effectively lying to is yourself.
I agree with everything you've said so far, but I don't think this part is accurate. Several times I've seen Navy Pride say things like "that is your opinion, I don't agree with it." From what I've seen he doesn't mind people disagreeing, as long as they don't mind being called left-wing whackos and having their good points ignored. Like you said, he just doesn't realize there are about six degrees of left between him and center.

Binary_Digit said:
I agree with everything you've said so far, but I don't think this part is accurate. Several times I've seen Navy Pride say things like "that is your opinion, I don't agree with it." From what I've seen he doesn't mind people disagreeing, as long as they don't mind being called left-wing whackos and having their good points ignored. Like you said, he just doesn't realize there are about six degrees of left between him and center.

I try not to call any of my friends in this forum left wing whackos...If I have done so I apologize.......I do call them left wingers and Liberals because I believe that is what they are.........It is not meant as and insult.......Just a fact........I mydelf am a conservative and a right winger, and proud of it.....I can not understand why liberals and left wingers are offended by being addressed as such.........

The people I do call left wing whackos are some of the far out politicians and personalities of the democratic party........

Navy Pride said:

Dear God (whoever the hell that is) had you included Murtha in this listing I would have had an anneurism. I think there is something to Scotty's inquisition though. I don't know why :)mrgreen:) but I think you are failing to look at the situation objectively. Just my opinion, of course.

Bush comments on "Ongoing Investigation"

I've been listening to Puffy McMoonface (Scott McClellan) talk about how the President can't comment on Plamegate because it's an "ongoing investigation"

Now what does he do but comment on DeLay's "Ongoing Investigation" by commenting that Bush doesn't think DeLay is guilty.

Not only is that hypocrisy, but it could be considered jury tampering.

Conflict said:
Dear God (whoever the hell that is) had you included Murtha in this listing I would have had an anneurism. I think there is something to Scotty's inquisition though. I don't know why :)mrgreen:) but I think you are failing to look at the situation objectively. Just my opinion, of course.

I didn't include Murtha because I don't think he is a far left nut job like the other people I mentioned......Sadly by his outrageous comments about our military being broken I think he is being duped by them though..........

Re: Bush comments on "Ongoing Investigation"

hipsterdufus said:
I've been listening to Puffy McMoonface (Scott McClellan) talk about how the President can't comment on Plamegate because it's an "ongoing investigation"

Now what does he do but comment on DeLay's "Ongoing Investigation" by commenting that Bush doesn't think DeLay is guilty.

hips did you feel the same way when Clinton was charged with perjury and every dem said he was innocent?

hipsterdufus said:

Hipster, I was disgusted when I saw the article yesterday about Bush saying that DeLay is innocent. Bush is a penis head!

I haven't been following this as closely as y'all, but is it the fact that the Plamegate investigation involves people very closely connected to the White House and the Delay investigation is centered on events occuring in Texas that makes them significantly different? AFICT, neither Bush nor Cheney, nor anyone on their respective staffs, have been made a part of the Delay investigation. So, what am I missing here?

oldreliable67 said:
I haven't been following this as closely as y'all, but is it the fact that the Plamegate investigation involves people very closely connected to the White House and the Delay investigation is centered on events occuring in Texas that makes them significantly different? AFICT, neither Bush nor Cheney, nor anyone on their respective staffs, have been made a part of the Delay investigation. So, what am I missing here?

Nothing...

Just another episode of Fox's "When Lefties Attack"...:roll:

Navy Pride said:

The fare left - I like that. Can I use it NP? I'll correct the spelling of course.:mrgreen:

oldreliable67 said:

There's no connection between Delay's troubles and Plamegate.

I do find it odd that Cheney is fundraising for Delay and Bush will comment on an "ongoing investigation" when it comes to saying that he feels DeLay is innocent.

hipsterdufus said:
The fare left - I like that. Can I use it NP? I'll correct the spelling of course.:mrgreen:

Thanks hips, As and old country boy spelling was not one of my strengths...I usually had a secretary to handle those kind of things for me when I was in the work place..........

Navy Pride said:
hips did you feel the same way when Clinton was charged with perjury and every dem said he was innocent?

Good point. Truthfully it's the hypocrisy of commenting on this "ongoing investigation" that bothers me more. One distinction though, Clinton wasn't facing a trial by jury like Delay is. Consequently, when Dem's supported Clinton in the perjury issue, they weren't tainting the jury pool like Bush is doing now.

Navy Pride said:
Well when Delay is found innocent or the charges dropped he will get his leadership position back.........

Care to make a friendly wager on that?

I say, DeLay will NEVER AGAIN rule the house. Any takers?

hipsterdufus said:
Good point. Truthfully it's the hypocrisy of commenting on this "ongoing investigation" that bothers me more. One distinction though, Clinton wasn't facing a trial by jury like Delay is. Consequently, when Dem's supported Clinton in the perjury issue, they weren't tainting the jury pool like Bush is doing now.

That is true but maybe the dems were tainting the judges opinion who by the way was a democrat...........

I think the president has a right to express his opinion on the Delay case as were the dems on the Clinton case......I think the first amendment applies.........

Back
Top Bottom