• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Judge dismisses conspiracy charges against DeLay

Re: Bush comments on "Ongoing Investigation"

Navy Pride said:
That is true but maybe the dems were tainting the judges opinion who by the way was a democrat...........

I think the president has a right to express his opinion on the Delay case as were the dems on the Clinton case......I think the first amendment applies.........

The president does have a right to express his opinion on Delay. He should also do so with Plamegate and get this thing over with.

If I was his advisor, I would tell him to hold a press conference, admit what he knows, fire who's responsible and get back to running the country.

Reagan did it and it saved his second term after Iran-Contra.

hipsterdufus said:
The president does have a right to express his opinion on Delay. He should also do so with Plamegate and get this thing over with.

If I was his advisor, I would tell him to hold a press conference, admit what he knows, fire who's responsible and get back to running the country.

Reagan did it and it saved his second term after Iran-Contra.

That is up to him as to who he thinks is innocent but the only person that has been indicted is Libby and he resigned.......

Rove has not had any charged levied against him and there probably won't be any.......This is not the Soviet Union......In this country one is innocent until found guilty by a jurty of his peers......

How quickly our friends on the left forget that wehn they smell blood in the water.........:roll:

Navy Pride said:
Rove has not had any charged levied against him and there probably won't be any.
Really? So the seating of a 2nd Grand Jury by the Special Prosecutor has no meaning and Rove is not in any danger of being busted? So tell us then why a 2nd grand jury was seated?
Navy Pride said:
This is not the Soviet Union......In this country one is innocent until found guilty by a jurty of his peers......

How quickly our friends on the left forget that wehn they smell blood in the water.
Wow! I'm dumbfounded to read your post purporting "innocnent until found guilty by a jury of his peers" considering you've a continuing history of writing posts that clearly and bluntly call President Clinton a RAPIST!
Navy Pride said:
huge majority of the military voted for President Bush in 2000 and 2004 and they love this president unlike that womanizing, draft dodger, pot head Rapist "Slick Willie."
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=121138&postcount=190

Remember this?
Navy Pride said:
I can still remember a headline in the New Delhi India newspaper the day before Clinton was making a state visit........It read: President Clinton from the U.S. will be visiting New Delhi tomorrow.....Keep your women and female children off the street.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=117377&postcount=190

Here's one quote from you that says it all:
Navy Pride said:
Your boy Slick Willie was a womanizing, draft dodger, rapist, and convicted felon........Other then that he wasn't to bad.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showpost.php?p=116853&postcount=169

I could go on and on but the point is that you have quite the history of convicting people who were never even charged, no less tried yet you are certain that Delay and Rove are as pure as the snow in the South Pole.

I read this last post of yours and all that I see is a partisan and biased poster who has a short memory or thinks that the members of this community will accept unproven, unsubstantiated posts without question. Quite an amusing assumption considering the whole methodology of Debate Politics is to prove one's opponent wrong by posting provable facts and by using your opponents own words to show everyone that one's opposition is a liar and that their posts are wrong either due to lies or ignorance or both. I still can't believe that you posted this in the last 24 hours:
Navy Pride said:
Rove has not had any charged levied against him and there probably won't be any.......This is not the Soviet Union......In this country one is innocent until found guilty by a jurty of his peers......

How quickly our friends on the left forget that wehn they smell blood in the water.
:bs :thumbdown :laughat: :slapme:

Navy Pride said:
I think the president has a right to express his opinion on the Delay case as were the dems on the Clinton case......I think the first amendment applies.........

Come on, Navy Pride, you're going to equate the president to the "dems on the Clinton case." Sorry, but there is only one president and there are tons of dems. I think there is a difference between the president commenting on an investigation involving a congressman and congressmen and women commenting on an investigation involving the president. The president is the most powerful person in the United States. On top of this, he claims he cannot comment on an ongoing investigation involving White House employees, but he will comment on an ongoing investigation regarding the former house majority leader? What this kind of commentary from our president further shows me is that he really has no integrity.

Let's look at DeLay:
- His redistricting in Texas is going to be reviewed by the Supreme Court.
- One of his former employees has plead guilty to conspiracy in dealing with Jack Abramoff.
- Jack Abramoff, who worked closely with DeLay is in deep doo doo.
- DeLay worked with the lobbyist that bribed Cunningham.
- He has been indicted on money laundering.

Do you really think that DeLay's hands are clean? I know how loyal to your party you are, but please be honest with yourself. Regardless, with all this crap going on with DeLay, how the president can say he is innocent is beyond me (not because DeLay is guilty but because with all this scrutiny of him, he should say nothing). I truly believe that DeLay's behavior is catching up with him, as it should.

hipsterdufus said:
Care to make a friendly wager on that?

I say, DeLay will NEVER AGAIN rule the house. Any takers?

LOL You are so right. The morally corrupt DeLay will never be majority leader again. Bwahahahahhahhahaha :lamo

Navy Pride said:
That is up to him as to who he thinks is innocent but the only person that has been indicted is Libby and he resigned.......

How quickly our friends on the left forget that wehn they smell blood in the water.........:roll:

I don't disagree with the specifics here. Indicted or not, Rove's reputation is tarnished to say the least. All I'm suggesting is that it would be politically prudent for the president to cut his losses and move on. There are no more elections to win for Bush anyway.

Rove would be better served as a behind the scenes political strategist for the GOP at this point.

aps said:
Come on, Navy Pride, you're going to equate the president to the "dems on the Clinton case." Sorry, but there is only one president and there are tons of dems. I think there is a difference between the president commenting on an investigation involving a congressman and congressmen and women commenting on an investigation involving the president. The president is the most powerful person in the United States. On top of this, he claims he cannot comment on an ongoing investigation involving White House employees, but he will comment on an ongoing investigation regarding the former house majority leader? What this kind of commentary from our president further shows me is that he really has no integrity.

Let's look at DeLay:
- His redistricting in Texas is going to be reviewed by the Supreme Court.
- One of his former employees has plead guilty to conspiracy in dealing with Jack Abramoff.
- Jack Abramoff, who worked closely with DeLay is in deep doo doo.
- DeLay worked with the lobbyist that bribed Cunningham.
- He has been indicted on money laundering.

Do you really think that DeLay's hands are clean? I know how loyal to your party you are, but please be honest with yourself. Regardless, with all this crap going on with DeLay, how the president can say he is innocent is beyond me (not because DeLay is guilty but because with all this scrutiny of him, he should say nothing). I truly believe that DeLay's behavior is catching up with him, as it should.

LOL You are so right. The morally corrupt DeLay will never be majority leader again. Bwahahahahhahhahaha :lamo

Last time I checked the prez has the right of the first amendment to aps.........

As I have said many times I am not affiliated with any party so I am not sure what you are talking about...........I personally feel though when it comes to Delay it is all about politics and he snookered the dems in Texas so many times that they are just trying to get back at him............One of the trumped up charges has already been dismissed and I predict the other ones will be cleared of all charges............With the delay though he might lose his leadership position for awhile but he will get it back if that happens.....

Stay tuned..........

hipsterdufus said:
I don't disagree with the specifics here. Indicted or not, Rove's reputation is tarnished to say the least. All I'm suggesting is that it would be politically prudent for the president to cut his losses and move on. There are no more elections to win for Bush anyway.

Rove would be better served as a behind the scenes political strategist for the GOP at this point.

Well we will have to agree to disagree on this......If the president cut his ties with Rove then it would be admitting guilt and to this point there is no proof of that............

Navy Pride said:
Last time I checked the prez has the right of the first amendment to aps.........

We all have that right. Does that mean I am going to walk up to the president and say, "You suck." My issue isn't about anyone's First Amendment right--it's about what's appropriate. It's not appropriate for the president to comment on an ongoing investigation.

As I have said many times I am not affiliated with any party so I am not sure what you are talking about...........

Hee hee hee I forget that you're not affiliated with "any party" since you attack democrats all the time and you defend any republican that's attacked.

I personally feel though when it comes to Delay it is all about politics and he snookered the dems in Texas so many times that they are just trying to get back at him............One of the trumped up charges has already been dismissed and I predict the other ones will be cleared of all charges............With the delay though he might lose his leadership position for awhile but he will get it back if that happens.....

Stay tuned..........

And you wonder why I forget that you're supposedly not part of the republican party. I listed many issues that involve DeLay. Is...is....is this a conspiracy to get DeLay? OMG--everyone is after the beloved DeLay who is honest and ethical.

Puleeeeeeeeeeeeeze. :2sick1:

aps said:
We all have that right. Does that mean I am going to walk up to the president and say, "You suck." My issue isn't about anyone's First Amendment right--it's about what's appropriate. It's not appropriate for the president to comment on an ongoing investigation.

Hee hee hee I forget that you're not affiliated with "any party" since you attack democrats all the time and you defend any republican that's attacked.

And you wonder why I forget that you're supposedly not part of the republican party. I listed many issues that involve DeLay. Is...is....is this a conspiracy to get DeLay? OMG--everyone is after the beloved DeLay who is honest and ethical.

Puleeeeeeeeeeeeeze. :2sick1:

I would say the same thing if it was a democrat indicted..............I still say the president has the right to state his opinion, after all that is all it is and it won't have any bearing on the jury because it will probably never go to a jury........

Navy Pride said:
I would say the same thing if it was a democrat indicted..............I still say the president has the right to state his opinion, after all that is all it is and it won't have any bearing on the jury because it will probably never go to a jury........

:cool: We shall see what happens to DeLay. I can't wait for him to suffer the consequences of his actions.....

aps said:
:cool: We shall see what happens to DeLay. I can't wait for him to suffer the consequences of his actions.....

You got him already tried and convicted huh...;)

Don't bet on it......

There's no connection between Delay's troubles and Plamegate.

Exactly.

I do find it odd that Cheney is fundraising for Delay and Bush will comment on an "ongoing investigation" when it comes to saying that he feels DeLay is innocent.

If no connection, i.e., in the Delay case, nobody on the White House staff is involved or being questioned by a special prosecutor or the apparent target of a grand jury investigation, then certainly he can express an opinion without fear of appearing improper or tampering.

To read anything else into Bush commenting on one and not the other is really, really stretching.

oldreliable67 said:
Exactly.

If no connection, i.e., in the Delay case, nobody on the White House staff is involved or being questioned by a special prosecutor or the apparent target of a grand jury investigation, then certainly he can express an opinion without fear of appearing improper or tampering.

To read anything else into Bush commenting on one and not the other is really, really stretching.

I can understand him not commenting on Libbey because he was part of the the vice presidents office but Delay had no connection to the executive branch of government........

Navy Pride said:
hips did you feel the same way when Clinton was charged with perjury and every dem said he was innocent?

You just said, a few posts back, that criticism from the HOR weren't partisan, because dems were needed to impeach him. But now, every dem believed him innocent ...but still voted to impeach him...

Consistancy is Key. You're so confused about what's going on, you can't even keep track of your own statements. How do you expect to manage understanding of a couple political issues?

hipsterdufus said:
Good point. Truthfully it's the hypocrisy of commenting on this "ongoing investigation" that bothers me more. One distinction though, Clinton wasn't facing a trial by jury like Delay is. Consequently, when Dem's supported Clinton in the perjury issue, they weren't tainting the jury pool like Bush is doing now.

What does it matter? they will talk when they damn well feel like it. I remeber a DA saying he wouldn't comment on an ongoing investigation. then, after the investigation was over, charges filed, dropped or tried, he wouldn't comment on a CLOSED investigation.

Also, it's weird how people who write laws, don't like to abide by laws huh?

Last edited:

libertarian_knight said:
You just said, a few posts back, that criticism from the HOR weren't partisan, because dems were needed to impeach him. But now, every dem believed him innocent ...but still voted to impeach him...

Consistancy is Key. You're so confused about what's going on, you can't even keep track of your own statements. How do you expect to manage understanding of a couple political issues?

I never said all dems voted to impeach Clinton,,,,,,,,,:confused:

26 X World Champs said:
No, but you did call President Clinton a RAPIST many times!

He is and unconvicted rapist...........

Navy Pride may have called Clinton an unconvicted rapist because HE IS. Look up Junaita Broaddrick. I'm not surprised if you haven't heard of her. The liberal media refused to cover it at all.

Naheeh said:
Navy Pride may have called Clinton an unconvicted rapist because HE IS. Look up Junaita Broaddrick. I'm not surprised if you haven't heard of her. The liberal media refused to cover it at all.

I know who Juanita BBrorarick, paula Jones and many others but that is not the topic of this thread.........

You people defending Bush's commentary are a total disappointment. I know that DeLay has nothing to do with the Valerie Plame leak. The Washington Post said it was highly unusual for a president to comment on an indictment involving a congress person.

Navy Pride, and when I say that DeLay will suffer the consequences of his actions, I am not saying he will be convicted. He has already had to step down as majority leader and his popularity has diminished in Texas (in his district). Those are the kind of consequences I am talking about, including hoping he loses his next campaign. Thus, he doesn't have to be convicted to suffer consequences.

"Oh, aps, I'm not a republican. I just write like one." :lol:

aps said:
You people defending Bush's commentary are a total disappointment. I know that DeLay has nothing to do with the Valerie Plame leak. The Washington Post said it was highly unusual for a president to comment on an indictment involving a congress person.

Navy Pride, and when I say that DeLay will suffer the consequences of his actions, I am not saying he will be convicted. He has already had to step down as majority leader and his popularity has diminished in Texas (in his district). Those are the kind of consequences I am talking about, including hoping he loses his next campaign. Thus, he doesn't have to be convicted to suffer consequences.

"Oh, aps, I'm not a republican. I just write like one." :lol:

aps so if all charges are dismissed against Delay should he get his leadership post back?

Navy Pride said:
aps so if all charges are dismissed against Delay should he get his leadership post back?

That's not really for aps to decide (not you and I for that matter), as I suspect none of us are in DeLay's District. So, it's for is district voters and the Republican Party leadership to decide.

If I had my way, Ron Paul would be getting the Rep leadership. He's a longtime Congressman from texas also. Good man.

Navy Pride said:
I know who Juanita BBrorarick, paula Jones and many others but that is not the topic of this thread.........

You're just so adorable sometimes.

Navy Pride said:
I never said all dems voted to impeach Clinton,,,,,,,,,:confused:

I never said you did. Confused again eh? It's O.K. at least you tried and that's what counts. High Five!

See you said all dems believed him innocent, which means no dems would have voted to impeach him. See if 100% a group, let's call them "retarded puppies" (something you can related to, as they are cute and adorable too, and the puppies are not quite so bright. And no, I am NOT coming on to you, so DOWN BOY). So this 100% of "retarded puppies" all prefer Puppy Chow instead of Elepahnt Chow, why would they choose elephant chow when given the purpose of puppy chow?

More to the point, why did the dems that voted to impeach believe him innocent, and still vote to impeach?

Unless of course, there was something WRONG with what you said. Which, well, that could certainly be true.

Sorry in advance if I confused you again, with ... words.

Back
Top Bottom