• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John F. Kelly wrote the NYT Op-Ed

Look at the timing, though... the op-ed came out right when the Kavanaugh hearings were hitting their stride. And who is handling them for the White House? Don McGahn. We all know that McGahn has had his issues with the President, has been talking to Mueller, and is going to leave this Fall. McGahn also knows that Kavanaugh is a shoo-in for the Supreme Court unless the Democrats can make waves in the hearings... what better way to avoid that than to write the op-ed and change the story away from Kavanaugh? To kills two birds with one stone for him.

McGahn is an attorney. He wouldn't do anything that could get him disbarred. It's definitely not him.

When I read that editorial and "we got this" my first reaction was, "Oh, you mean you've safely delivered us into Putin's hands because you didn't trust Trump to do it?"

The coup has already happened and if we don't turn it around in November, I suggest everyone start learning Russian.

Kelly is a Marine...not some chicken-shiite little pansy without the huevos to say and stand behind what he thinks.

Kelly is a Marine...not some chicken-shiite little pansy without the huevos to say and stand behind what he thinks.

If he had any cojones and integrity left he would have departed this lying WH many moons ago.

It was John Huntsman, and my opinion of him just went way way up.

Writing an op-ed doesn't get you disbarred.

He's the White House attorney. I don't think he would be involved in subverting the will of the president. You can get disbarred for unethical conduct even if it's not illegal.

He's the White House attorney. I don't think he would be involved in subverting the will of the president. You can get disbarred for unethical conduct even if it's not illegal.

Ahhh... That's just it, though... he's the White House Attorney - that means he represents the Office of the President, not the President himself. There's a big difference there. The op-ed was directed against the man, not the office.

The op-ed is a mirror and a political rorschach test. It reflects with near-perfection what we already believe and how we already think. If you need reassurance, the op-ed gives you reassurance. If you believe there is a deep state, this letter confirms it. If you believe that it's an insurance policy for the GOP's reputation, it's that. If you believe David Miller wrote it to justify the deep state conspiracy theory, then it's that too. If you believe it's solely to provoke a crazy reaction out of Trump, then yup, add it to the bucket. Do you think it's a distraction from the Kavanaugh hearings? Sure, why not.

A letter so perfectly lacking in practical information means that any and every theory is plausible. A White House run by liars, criminals, racists and conspiracy theorists has turned us all in to conspiracy theorists by extension.

who's David Miller?

If he had any cojones and integrity left he would have departed this lying WH many moons ago.

I'm on the fence. 50-50 (IMO) that he took the job to try and protect the US from The Donald.

And for anyone to try (from the inside) is to be dragged down into the slime.

Depends. The WH General Counsel serves the office, not the man.

Back
Top Bottom