• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John F. Kelly wrote the NYT Op-Ed

DifferentDrummr

Bald eagle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
No, I don't have proof, but he's by far the most likely culprit. Here's why:

1. Most WH staffers, on getting this degree of attention, would be overjoyed to resign, write their memoir, and go on the lecture circuit. Kelly believes that he can't, because (and he's said this publicly) he considers himself the only one who keeps Trump from pushing the whole administration into chaos.

2. The emphasis on the good of the country is definitely something that a military individual would play up.

3. The writing style is consistent with Kelly's.

4. Using a term that suggests Pence (lodestar) is a clear attempt at diversion. Pence wouldn't need to worry about staying anonymous with something like this.

WRONG!!, it was Trump's lord and savior Jesus Christ.

1. Most WH staffers, on getting this degree of attention, would be overjoyed to resign, write their memoir, and go on the lecture circuit. Kelly believes that he can't, because (and he's said this publicly) he considers himself the only one who keeps Trump from pushing the whole administration into chaos.

2. The emphasis on the good of the country is definitely something that a military individual would play up.

4. Using a term that suggests Pence (lodestar) is a clear attempt at diversion. Pence wouldn't need to worry about staying anonymous with something like this.

"No, I don't have proof"

No proof? :doh

A guy on the internet posts his opinion and you're wildly skeptical. An orange child and compulsive liar makes blatantly false statements and you gobble it up without questioning anything.

That's our boy!!!:mrgreen:

A guy on the internet posts his opinion and you're wildly skeptical. An orange child and compulsive liar makes blatantly false statements and you gobble it up without questioning anything.

Truth isn't truth.

Well he was the only guy that didn't say he didn't write it when asked, so on that basis I'll accept it as a possibility.

Also as for accusations of cowardice how can anyone accuse a man like Kelly of cowardice as a veteran Marine who has seen and done more bravery than most of us

I don't have any proof, but it is clear that Hilary Clinton wrote it.

I doubt it was Kelly, but he is on my top 5 list of possibilities.

#1 on my list is Coats (or one of his chief deputies).

#2 on my list is someone who functions directly underneath one of the national security related Cabinet Secretaries (i.e. an under-or deputy-secretary of some Cabinet level official)

#3 on my list is Kellyanne Conway, or her husband George Conway (in whom she obviously confides, and whom has been extremely vocal in his disdain for Trump administration policies)

#4 on my list is Gen. Kelly

#5 on my list is Pence.

With regard to Kelly,though, one thing is clear. And that is that it's hard to think of another prominent military leader of recent times (including David Petraeus) who has done more to damage his long-term legacy than Gen. Kelly. He (Kelly) has been caught in so many bold-faced lies and embarrassing public statements since beginning his OFFICIAL political career (as Trump's COS) that it raises serious questions about his 35 year military career. His public legacy will never recover from his brief tenure as Trump's chief of staff.

We're living though a world that parallels 1975 and Richard Nixon. It almost doesn't matter who wrote the op-ed, the identity of this person isn't going to put an end to leaks or individuals seeking help from outside the presidential sphere in order to salvage what's left of our democracy.

With the exception of their physical appearances and the fact that 34 years separate them, Nixon and Trump are two men that come from the same mold. Both had the same emotional tendencies to boast and exaggerate to inflate their ego. Both were/are serial liars who have an incredible capacity for telling refutable lies. While Nixon's breaking of the law seems so mild now, there were three articles of impeachment that he was found guilty of, obstruction of justice, abuse of power, and contempt of Congress.

Nixon covered up a burglary of the DNC headquarters in the Watergate apartment complex in which documents were stolen and telephones wiretapped. It seems almost innocent now, 34 years later, but at the time, it was a sophisticated crime. Maybe if the internet was a thing back then, it would have all been far, far worse. Well it is now and the Trump administration is actually involved in much deeper, darker and sinister plots. That unfortunately involves crushing democracy in this country as we know it.

Nixon's lies were uncovered by Bob Woodward who worked with a secret whistle-blower called Deep Throat. Coincidentally, it's the same Bob Woodward that has possibly been one of the factors in this anonymous person coming out with their essay. Although some of the contents of Woodward's book was only released less than 24 hours before the anonymous NYT op-ed, everyone knew very well when Woodward's book was going to be released and what was going to be contained in it.

Nixon resigned 9AUG74.

IMO Pence isnt smart enough to realize that 'lodestar' is his calling card.

But I also dont believe it's Pence.

We'd now if Hillary just turned over that server to Republicans... so they could sift through her entire trove of personal emails and use them against her.

It is an interesting time in the USA.

The op-ed is a mirror and a political rorschach test. It reflects with near-perfection what we already believe and how we already think. If you need reassurance, the op-ed gives you reassurance. If you believe there is a deep state, this letter confirms it. If you believe that it's an insurance policy for the GOP's reputation, it's that. If you believe David Miller wrote it to justify the deep state conspiracy theory, then it's that too. If you believe it's solely to provoke a crazy reaction out of Trump, then yup, add it to the bucket. Do you think it's a distraction from the Kavanaugh hearings? Sure, why not.

A letter so perfectly lacking in practical information means that any and every theory is plausible. A White House run by liars, criminals, racists and conspiracy theorists has turned us all in to conspiracy theorists by extension.

Last edited:

Look at the timing, though... the op-ed came out right when the Kavanaugh hearings were hitting their stride. And who is handling them for the White House? Don McGahn. We all know that McGahn has had his issues with the President, has been talking to Mueller, and is going to leave this Fall. McGahn also knows that Kavanaugh is a shoo-in for the Supreme Court unless the Democrats can make waves in the hearings... what better way to avoid that than to write the op-ed and change the story away from Kavanaugh? To kills two birds with one stone for him.

The op-ed is a mirror and a political rorschach test. It reflects with near-perfection what we already believe and how we already think. If you need reassurance, the op-ed gives you reassurance. If you believe there is a deep state, this letter confirms it. If you believe that it's an insurance policy for the GOP's reputation, it's that. If you believe David Miller wrote it to justify the deep state conspiracy theory, then it's that too. If you believe it's solely to provoke a crazy reaction out of Trump, then yup, add it to the bucket.

A letter so perfectly lacking in practical information means that any and every theory is plausible.

You forgot to mention Hillary. You can't have a good conservative conspiracy theory without Hillary Clinton in the shadows.

Back
Top Bottom