• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

John Boehner allies fret coup attempt

Don't look now Fletch but 2016 is only 10 months away! :)

Youre right!! It'll be here before we know it. You don't mind if the summer drags on a bit do you ? LOL

...Meanwhile the Dems will march forward with their agenda of raising minimum wage, immigration reform, and more help for the middle class.

Dems wont be successful with any of that, but republicans will come across to the middle voter as being the bad guys. Doesn't directly help dems, but it hurts the hell out of republicans, thus its an indirect political gain for dems.

The only thin the past election allows republicans to do is have some movement in the Senate. Reid blocked anything from happening there. He will continue to try to do so without any scrutiny from the press, but bills will get debated, passed and sent to the president. Other than that, not much changed.

Movement is meaningless unless 2014 was about movement.

2016 is a ways away. We will see what they do and who the nominate. But no, I am not in favor of another Bush, but by the same token I don't want another Clinton either. One would think there would be better choices in a nation of 330,000,000 people. But it seems not.

The type of people who would make great presidents, are rarely crazy enough to run. It's the worst job in America.

What needs to be done will never be signed off on by a Democrat or big government Republican. We need a paradigm shift in this country that de-emphasizes the role of the central government and promotes the role of the states and the individual.

Ironically, some of the republican "answers" to our problems, involve reducing states rights, which is of course why they will never work and can never be implemented.

Like selling insurance across states lines.

What needs to be done will never be signed off on by a Democrat or big government Republican. We need a paradigm shift in this country that de-emphasizes the role of the central government and promotes the role of the states and the individual.

You mean like that thing Newt and Armey pushed back in 1994? What was it called, "Contract with America?" How'd that work out for ya? LOL

There is some truth to that, but it isn't a lack of money that keeps Hillary from having an opponent. Its a lack of talent on the democrat side. If Hillary doesn't run, who is out there to soak up all that money?

Lack of talent on the democrat side?

I don't blame them for putting little effort into a replacement for Obamacare. Obama will veto it anyway, so why bother? If it is going to be changed, it will be something the republican presidential nominee will have to put forward.

Why bother? Why do they bother voting ad nauseam to repeal it when they know it won't work?

They could bring forth legislation to improve it. That would pass the president's muster. But we both know that will never happen.

Last edited:
Youre right!! It'll be here before we know it. You don't mind if the summer drags on a bit do you ? LOL

Summer is never long enough for me for any reason!

The blocking of presidentiall appointments has been occuring from the first day Obama set foot in office. Nothing new there.

Doesn't matter if the repubs control the agenda, and if they choose to advance legislation if they can't pass it.

Now it is all appointments even those affected by the rule change that Reid enacted

Wrong. The repubs won due to low voter turnout. No mandate whatsoever.

So that means you, the Obama Democrats were unable to get the support needed to win. How does that disqualify a democratic election?

I guess when you are so lame and won by such a narrow margin two years before, you have to tell yourself the Republicans have no mandate. At leats that's a step up from calling Republicans "enemies" and promising to create jobs for Islamic Terrorists.

We know how Obama's defined "enemies" are...and who appear to be his buddies now......

Any time one party gains the way the republicans did in the last election, its a big victory. Dems did it in 06 and it was big then. But yeah, I don't think it matters all that much. Nothing is going to get done. Nothing gets done in the senate without 60 votes, and neither party is likely to get to that level any time soon. The country wil basically be on cruise control until the next election--Obama will rule by executive order and congress will try to stop him. It is funny how the man of hope and change has now because the guardian of the status quo.

Let them whistle past the graveyard.

It has been my experience that when voters overhaul a government, it is a message that they want change. What change depends on the personal or special interests involved, but change.

Since the mid terms, just four months ago we have seen a stubborn Democratic administration dig in its heels and assert stupidly "We know we are right" basically saying they do not accept the will of the people, the people are wrong. Obama has not mellowed as did Clinton, but advanced his open hostility toward Republicans, now with a vengeance for having checked him.

Now, the new and even stupider meme is to disqualify the results because there was a low voter turn out. Which says to the voter "our vote doesn't matter to them" and usually creates a nasty backlash.

So leave them to it. As the wise and crafty Field Marshal Napoleon Bonaparte said "never interrupt you enemies when they are in the process of making a blunder."

Then ask who is Obama's "enemy", the Republicans or ISIS? He concentrates more resources on the former

Like I said...

You asked and I answered - not sure about the viability of Sanders on top of the ticket, but the other two are viable candidates if Hillary changes her mind

You mean like that thing Newt and Armey pushed back in 1994? What was it called, "Contract with America?" How'd that work out for ya? LOL

Well, among other things, those 2 years where we had a federal budget surplus that Clinton gets credit for, were the result of that legislation. Frankly I think it would have been interesting to see how that all played out but, per usual, the big government Republicans gave Newt his walking papers because he wouldn't play nice with Democrats.

You asked and I answered - not sure about the viability of Sanders on top of the ticket, but the other two are viable candidates if Hillary changes her mind

Biden? Viable? I don't think so. As sitting VP, HE should be the frontrunner, but he is in single digits even among dems. Warren is the liberal response to Ted Cruz. So after Hillary, there is no one.

Biden? Viable? I don't think so. As sitting VP, HE should be the frontrunner, but he is in single digits even among dems. Warren is the liberal response to Ted Cruz. So after Hillary, there is no one.

Those numbers would change significantly if Hillary were out of the race, if and until that happens the preference numbers for the others mean little

I hope its true.Republicans won both houses because of their opposition to Obama, not to keep Obama's policies in place.

They won for the same reason Obama won. Tired of the people in power.

LOL.

So with control of congress at stake, and all the "party of no" propaganda, they just decided to let Republicans take control of Congress.

Amazing how far the left will go to deny reality.

Giving the GOP enough rope to hang themselves is not such a bad idea. They seem to be tightening the noose more every day.

So that means you, the Obama Democrats were unable to get the support needed to win. How does that disqualify a democratic election?

I guess when you are so lame and won by such a narrow margin two years before, you have to tell yourself the Republicans have no mandate. At leats that's a step up from calling Republicans "enemies" and promising to create jobs for Islamic Terrorists.

We know how Obama's defined "enemies" are...and who appear to be his buddies now......

Hey I don't make the rules and politics is complicated. Suck it up.

Let them whistle past the graveyard.

It has been my experience that when voters overhaul a government, it is a message that they want change. What change depends on the personal or special interests involved, but change.

Since the mid terms, just four months ago we have seen a stubborn Democratic administration dig in its heels and assert stupidly "We know we are right" basically saying they do not accept the will of the people, the people are wrong. Obama has not mellowed as did Clinton, but advanced his open hostility toward Republicans, now with a vengeance for having checked him.

Now, the new and even stupider meme is to disqualify the results because there was a low voter turn out. Which says to the voter "our vote doesn't matter to them" and usually creates a nasty backlash.

So leave them to it. As the wise and crafty Field Marshal Napoleon Bonaparte said "never interrupt you enemies when they are in the process of making a blunder."

Then ask who is Obama's "enemy", the Republicans or ISIS? He concentrates more resources on the former

Oh please the president started out holding an olive branch all bright eyed and busy tailed and it got him nowhere. Hell the first thing that came out of McConnell's mouth was, "My main goal is to make sure Obama is a one term president."

And you have the gall to accuse the president of not working with the republicans. I think you live too far from the U.S. to realize it's a two way street.

Back
Top Bottom