• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe Biden Will Sign These 3 Executive Orders to Curb Gun Violence

the founders themselves debated what the second amendment means not long after the ratification of the constitution.

This massive shift of power from the states to the federal government generated one of the chief objections to the proposed Constitution. Anti-Federalists argued that the proposed Constitution would take from the states their principal means of defense against federal usurpation. The Federalists responded that fears of federal oppression were overblown, in part because the American people were armed and would be almost impossible to subdue through military force.

the anti-federalists believed that

the federalist believed (as I do) that this was overblown

both sides agree that the citizenry should be armed (as both you and I do)

i don;t think you read the whole statement you posted to support this, because the federalist reasoning was only because of the people were armed they would be impossible to subdue.

i don;t think you read the whole statement you posted to support this, because the federalist reasoning was only because of the people were armed they would be impossible to subdue.
right, I already accounted for that in another statement to turtle.

There doesn't seem to be a "well there might be a case for gun control..." caucus in the gun lobby.

that's because we already have plenty of gun control laws, and yet they keep trying to pass new stuff that does nothing but further restrict legal owners.

that's because we already have plenty of gun control laws, and yet they keep trying to pass new stuff that does nothing but further restrict legal owners.

And the reason they want the criminals to outgun you is what - to gain more votes ?

Try to think for once

There's so much paranoia in the gun lobby, they think democrats are for gun control because they have it in for them and/or want to establish a Stalinist society.

And the reason they want the criminals to outgun you is what - to gain more votes ?

Try to think for once

There's so much paranoia in the gun lobby, they think democrats are for gun control because they have it in for them and/or want to establish a Stalinist society.
I don't care what they want, I care how the constitution limits their power until the process is undertaken properly to change that.

that is precisely what it is there for.

I don't care what they want, I care how the constitution limits their power until the process is undertaken properly to change that.

that is precisely what it is there for.

So are you saying that you agree with their efforts' onjective...but just object to the process of getting there ?

So are you saying that you agree with their efforts' onjective...but just object to the process of getting there ?
I am saying neither of those things.

I am saying that the Constitution is there to protect against overbearing governance, outlines what the government can and cannot do, and I already believe they are overstepping without an amendment.

Um, why?
What's ultimately going to be the result after his E/O is overturned by the SC?

He's simply posturing for the leftwing gun grabbers, many who believe he's doing something productive. ;)
So do nothing? Your SC proposition is years away. Which of the six EO's he's hinted at are a bad idea?

I am saying that the Constitution is there to protect against overbearing governance, outlines what the government can and cannot do, and I already believe they are overstepping without an amendment.

That is the flaw of the Constitution

It's like telling the Fire Dept to stop trying to put a fire out because you don't have a 2/3 marity in favor of turning the water on.

Almost all gun rights come from SCOTUS decisions. Those do not require a constitutional amendment to change.

That is the flaw of the Constitution

It's like telling the Fire Dept to stop trying to put a fire out because you don't have a 2/3 marity in favor of turning the water on.
are you god in heaven or some other deity posting as a normal human being?

When Presidents or Congress talks about gun control the sale of firearms skyrockets.

If we would have never had a push for gun control there might be 100,000,000 fewer firearms in our nation. Last year was a record year for firearm sales. Riots on the streets and the election of a gun grabber fueled sales.

Collectively, Americans bought an estimated 21 million gunsthis year, an increase of 73 percent from 2019, according to an analysis of FBI background check data from the anti-firearms sales watchdog group The Trace.

***snip***

Americans of all backgrounds discovered the benefits of gun ownership this year, though. While the surge did not occur in the best of circumstances, appreciation for the Second Amendment right now seems unparalleled compared to any other time on record.

Almost all gun rights come from SCOTUS decisions. Those do not require a constitutional amendment to change.
You shouldn't put yourself down like that.

Just because someone offers a proposal that's manifestly superior to yours, doesn't mean that compared to you, they are some kind of supernatural being.
LOL i thought so. so easy to see through that level of , as you say "superiority".

well a lot of people disagree with you, so unless you have supernatural intellect, yours is thankfully just an opinion.

Your link doesnt refute what I said. When did the pandemic and defund the police riots start again? Simple question you are unable to answer.

Nothing will ever be fine for anti-gun fanatics. The biggest school massacre occurred in 1927 and wasnt caused by firearms. Go move to Europe if you dont like the 2A.
Do you mean when the pandemic started according to medical groups or the former president? The biggest defund movements started in June after the murder of George Floyd. My cite shows gun violence didn't change. Your position is despicable, that there is no gun violence issue here. I think we'd be better off if you guys wmoved to Europe.

are you god in heaven or some other deity posting as a normal human being?

You shouldn't put yourself down like that.

Just because someone offers a proposal that's manifestly superior to yours, doesn't mean that compared to you, they are some kind of supernatural being.

LOL i thought so. so easy to see through that level of , as you say "superiority".

well a lot of people disagree with you, so unless you have supernatural intellect, yours is thankfully just an opinion.
Mine is not an opinion, prove it is.

All I want is some accountability and you go nuts and prove my point. Choosing to own a gun must come with responsibility for what it may do. What is wrong with that? If you are careless and a minor gets his hands on it whatever he does with it is your responsibility 100%. If he kills himself with it you are charged with manslaughter. It makes perfect sense to me.
Yeah you want accountability because some dumb shit does something, so hell yeah punish all of us it's the smart thing to do. When are you going to learn just because you and your anti gun buds may not know jack, most of us do.

Yeah you want accountability because some dumb shit does something, so hell yeah punish all of us it's the smart thing to do. When are you going to learn just because you and your anti gun buds may not know jack, most of us do.
How is making people accountable for their guns punishing responsible gun owners? Do you keep loaded guns accessible to minors or young adult males in your household?

How does registration result in accountability, and what does Sandy Hook have to do with that? It was no mystery where the guns used at Sandy Hook came from, and the person responsible for letting the shooter get them received the death penalty without a trial.
Accountability. He thinks Lanza got a hold of a loaded gun. The safe was open with no sign of forced entry so he ( iguanaman) probably takes it to mean it was just left open with loaded guns galore.

I imagine there's some work to be done to agree on the criteria used to get it right but this doesn't seem such a bad thing.
Since you don't appear to be a gun person, I'm quite sure you agree and would find it a real good thing.

Back
Top Bottom