• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe Biden Will Sign These 3 Executive Orders to Curb Gun Violence

The context I am giving is the reasonable and centrist one. I support firearm ownership and own them myself.
Have you ever heard some of the [D] politicians in congress, I THINK Harry Reid was one, that claim to have a CCW and claim they are all for the Second Amendment?

Have you ever heard some of the [D] politicians in congress, I THINK Harry Reid was one, that claim to have a CCW and claim they are all for the Second Amendment?

I have a CCW but I'm not for the 2nd Amendment - it needs to be repealed.

Hamilton wrote in the Federalist Papers that the militia needed guns.

And that the main purpose of the militia was to defeat a rogue US Army.

He always wrote "well regulated militia" when he referred to the militia.

Hamilton wrote that when the most common military firearm was the musket which could fire 2-4 rounds a minute.

Today's militia has no hope of defeating the US military.

Today's firearms have an enormous amount of firepower compared to weapons in Hamilton's day.

There were numerous weapons in those days that had far higher than a 3-4 rounds per minute capacity. The Puckle gun was around in the early 1700s and IIRC was the first gun labeled a machine gun (on shipping manifests at least).

Wanting gun control and having a CCW while supporting the 2nd Amendment are not mutually exclusive. You need to stop listening to hucksters like LaPierre.

Wanting gun control and having a CCW while supporting the 2nd Amendment are not mutually exclusive. You need to stop listening to hucksters like LaPierre.
You know how Pro-Life try to reduce abortion by regulating clinics?

That's you, on guns.

Both gun violence and abortion are caused by poor socio-economic opportunity, both are reduced by improving socio-economic opportunity, and neither are reduced at all by regulating the device. You are experiencing a lack of personal integrity when you support helping potential abortion patients but deny support from potentially violent gun owners. Elective abortion and gun violence are symptoms of the exact same illness. They need the same solution.

I'm talking about [D] Senators and [D] house Reps on the floor touting their supposed CCWs to sway votes and LaPierre was no where near.

Yes

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you

How would it look if a person was to slaughter a dozen school kids, in a mass shooting, and it transpired that his brother had reported his mental health issues to the police just a couple of weeks earlier, and they had done nothing ?
But what if that family member is a bil of the wrong breeding or religion or color? I get what you are saying and agree that we should report people with serious issues, but I also think this is a slippery slope.

But what if that family member is a bil of the wrong breeding or religion or color? I get what you are saying and agree that we should report people with serious issues, but I also think this is a slippery slope.

Their race, sex and age shouldn't matter....but I do agree that it's not an open-and-shut matter and we don't want a local PD inundated with frivolous or malicious reports.

Do you mean when the pandemic started according to medical groups or the former president? The biggest defund movements started in June after the murder of George Floyd. My cite shows gun violence didn't change. Your position is despicable, that there is no gun violence issue here. I think we'd be better off if you guys wmoved to Europe.
Wrong, your cite starts in 2020, my cite was in 2019. The fact is mass killings by guns remain a statistical anomaly. America has gotten safer since the 1980s, so there is no crisis except those manufactured by anti-gunners.

Wrong, your cite starts in 2020, my cite was in 2019. The fact is mass killings by guns remain a statistical anomaly. America has gotten safer since the 1980s, so there is no crisis except those manufactured by anti-gunners.

420 mass shootings in 2019 is not a statistical anamoly ?

Your position is that America is safer from gun violence now that in 1980? That mass shootings are an anomaly that we don't have to worry about? Please set your alarm, time to wake up.

Your position is that America is safer from gun violence now that in 1980? That mass shootings are an anomaly that we don't have to worry about? Please set your alarm, time to wake up.

And the number of mass shootings has been rising.

I am sure the gun fetishizers will continue to freak out and buy yet even more ammo and guns

they were probably going to do that anyway, but still ...
It will do nothing to curb violence. Violence isn't caused by the existence of weapons.

I have a CCW but I'm not for the 2nd Amendment - it needs to be repealed.
you have never provided a rational reason why the people who actually grew up in this country, would want to piss away our rights

And the number of mass shootings has been rising.
the amount of gun violence over the last 40 years has generally decreased despite the massive influx of the firearms that cause the most amount of garment soiling among the hoplophobes

How about a bill that punishes "responsible" gun owners for not being responsible with their guns if they are stolen? I mean leaving a gun out to be taken is not what a responsible person would do.

Punish the victim?

you have never provided a rational reason why the people who actually grew up in this country, would want to piss away our rights

To prevent shootings generally and mass shootings in particular

Ad why do you disingenuously use the plural ?

the amount of gun violence over the last 40 years has generally decreased despite the massive influx of the firearms that cause the most amount of garment soiling among the hoplophobes

Yet the number of mass shootings is rising.

To prevent shootings generally and mass shootings in particular

Ad why do you disingenuously use the plural ?

Yet the number of mass shootings is rising.
so tell us Richard, given the quantity of your posts, what is your obsession with banning our guns. none of the crap you advocate (which is often self-contradictory) will make anyone safer and might well cause a civil war

did you know that in the last five years, less people were killed by people using AR-15 than who have died in 2020 from the complications caused by inserting foreign objects up their own rectums?

Back
Top Bottom