• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe Biden Will Sign These 3 Executive Orders to Curb Gun Violence

trixare4kids

Trix has reentered the building.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Joe Biden Will Sign These 3 Executive Orders to Curb Gun Violence (newsweek.com)
He will make ghost guns be subject to background checks. (Home made guns that aren't traceable)

He wants to stabilize modifications that can make guns more dangerous.

He wants states to voluntarily adopt a model for red flag laws that will make it easier for lawman and family to temporarily confiscate weapons from those that are deemed a danger to themselves or others.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki declined to comment on Biden's plans during a reporter briefing Wednesday afternoon, but a senior administration official told Newsweek that the most immediate executive directives that Biden is expected to sign on Thursday would direct the Department of Justice (DOJ) to spend the coming weeks developing plans to address "ghost guns," gun modifications and measures that states can adopt.

The executive orders are part of an overall push that Biden is expected to unveil today as he moves to "address the gun violence public health epidemic," the official said.

"This is an initial set of actions in progress from President Biden's gun violence reduction agenda," the official said.

I am sure the gun fetishizers will continue to freak out and buy yet even more ammo and guns

they were probably going to do that anyway, but still ...

Joe Biden Will Sign These 3 Executive Orders to Curb Gun Violence (newsweek.com)
He will make ghost guns be subject to background checks. (Home made guns that aren't traceable)

He wants states to voluntarily adopt a model for red flag laws that will make it easier for lawman and family to temporarily confiscate weapons from those that are deemed a danger to themselves or others.

Most gun violence is done with stolen guns, so not sure how this will curb anything other than peaceful usage. And what about the 100x the amount of violence not done with guns?

"Direct the DOJ to draft "model" legislation that states can adopt if they want to address gun violence on the state level."
No chance gun legislation will get through such an evenly divided congress, so pass the buck to the State legislatures?

Rafts of derision met a previous president who recognized that States, their Governors and legislatures has large parts to play, are we going to see the same here? 🤣

This is the kind of meaningless action you take when you're a nickel head liberal who wants to fake you're actually doing something to combat gun violence.

Comically inept and feckless admistration.

"Direct the DOJ to draft "model" legislation that states can adopt if they want to address gun violence on the state level."
No chance gun legislation will get through such an evenly divided congress, so pass the buck to the State legislatures?

Rafts of derision met a previous president who recognized that States, their Governors and legislatures has large parts to play, are we going to see the same here? 🤣

Theres a big chance it will get passed. They have shown they are willing to do things without any bipartisanship. Hopefully the supreme court will continue to recognize the constitution.

He wants people to have to register handgun accessories like braces. One guy used one recently. Same as bump stocks. One incident equals ban, but ignore the actual problem.

I know what idiotic nonsense Biden wants to do (I posted another thread on it). I was commenting on the fact that the quoted sentence was nonsensical.

Make it a requirement that any gun sold must have serial number, ghost gun solved.

The cosmetics of a gun is fighting a windmill.

Red flag laws always have the details to hash out. I generally support the idea but have seen some more extreme examples thrown out I could never support.

I live in a safe environment and do not feel the need to own a gun. If I lived in any intercity I would most definitely own a gun for protection. If I felt that Biden was in any way successful in restricting my right or outright cancelling my ability to own a gun I would right now but more guns bigger guns. The purpose is to make sure the bad guy is dead and buried long before me or my family. I have the right to protect my family and in most cases a knife won't get it done.

Most gun violence is done with stolen guns, so not sure how this will curb anything other than peaceful usage. And what about the 100x the amount of violence not done with guns?
LOL That is not true at all. Most guns used in crime come from straw purchasers who buy trunks full of guns in weak gun law States and drive them to cities in states with stiff laws to sell for a profit.

An expert on crime gun patterns, ATF agent Jay Wachtel says that most guns used in crimes are not stolen out of private gun owners' homes and cars. "Stolen guns account for only about 10% to 15% of guns used in crimes," Wachtel said. Because when they want guns they want them immediately the wait is usually too long for a weapon to be stolen and find its way to a criminal.
In fact, there are a number of sources that allow guns to fall into the wrong hands, with gun thefts at the bottom of the list. Wachtel says one of the most common ways criminals get guns is through straw purchase sales. A straw purchase occurs when someone who may not legally acquire a firearm, or who wants to do so anonymously, has a companion buy it on their behalf.
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/guns/procon/guns.html

How many people have died because the gun used didn't have a serial number?
That would be a great philosophical debate, but the easiest solution to Biden’s perceived Ghost Gun problem is making any gun sold require a serial number. It creates a serial number to satisfy the anti rights crowd. It would allow people to make g for personal use no number required if you never sell it. Seems like a fair compromise without violating any rights.

Theres a big chance it will get passed. They have shown they are willing to do things without any bipartisanship. Hopefully the supreme court will continue to recognize the constitution.
There are a number of gun control legislation which has passed the house, but, according to the OP's citation 'have no path forward int he Senate'. Hence the 'model' (suggestion) to State legislatures.
So I don't think it realistic to say 'big chance it will get passed'.
Yes, let's hope SCOTUS continues to recognize the constitution.

Thank you President Biden!

I live in a safe environment and do not feel the need to own a gun. If I lived in any intercity I would most definitely own a gun for protection. If I felt that Biden was in any way successful in restricting my right or outright cancelling my ability to own a gun I would right now but more guns bigger guns. The purpose is to make sure the bad guy is dead and buried long before me or my family. I have the right to protect my family and in most cases a knife won't get it done.
If only it was so easy. A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to be used to shoot a family member than an invader.

There were at 241 unintended shootings by children in 2019, causing more than 100 deaths and nearly 150 injuries. Adolescents, in particular, are at a higher risk for suicide when there is a gun in the home. In fact, a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to be used to kill a friend or family member than a burglar or other criminal.

gun-safety-2020.png

https://www.healthychildren.org/English/safety-prevention/at-home/Pages/Handguns-in-the-Home.aspx

That would be a great philosophical debate, but the easiest solution to Biden’s perceived Ghost Gun problem is making any gun sold require a serial number. It creates a serial number to satisfy the anti rights crowd. It would allow people to make g for personal use no number required if you never sell it. Seems like a fair compromise without violating any rights.

I'm pretty sure that's already the law.

What about it? Ohhh, you feel everything is fine the way it is...

Elections have consequences.

Whatever happened to those NRA bigwigs who embezzled millions? You wanna shoot people start with them.

Black dude passes a fake $20 is murdered by the cops. White dudes steal millions might not serve time.

Hey, Hey, NRA, How many kids did you kill today?

This is the kind of meaningless action you take when you're a nickel head liberal who wants to fake you're actually doing something to combat gun violence.

Comically inept and feckless admistration.
Ohhh, you feel everything is fine the way it is...

Criminals will observe these restrictions? Rather unlikely.
Mandatory minimums for any crime committed with a gun, double the minimum if someone is shot during the commission of that crime.
That might have an effect on where the most criminality involving a gun is occurring, but, of course, that's not what the gun banners want nor want to hear nor will entertain as a possible solution to the real problem. 🤷‍♂️

I'm pretty sure that's already the law.
From what I found it depends on intention. If you build a gun and plan to sell it you need a number. If you build a gun and plan for it to be for personal use no number needed if you choose to sell that gun at a later date because it was not originally intended to be sold. To me simply requiring any gun sold to have a number would clear up any confusion or loopholes the current rules have.

There are a number of gun control legislation which has passed the house, but, according to the OP's citation 'have no path forward int he Senate'. Hence the 'model' (suggestion) to State legislatures.
So I don't think it realistic to say 'big chance it will get passed'.
Yes, let's hope SCOTUS continues to recognize the constitution.
Let's hope they finally realize that private gun owners are not a "well regulated militia" and the 2nd does apply. We abandoned militia's in WWII for a standing army. We can also hope for Americans to realize that guns in the home do not make you safer and the opposite is true.

Back
Top Bottom