• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Jewish & Christian Holy Days

Ivan The Terrible said:
Caine,

You seem to know a lot about Judaism. Are you a Noahide?

I studied the religion alot during the time that I was unemployed waiting to start class at the academy. I seriously considered conversion, and I still do. The Police academy kinda got in the way, since I had to study so much law and procedure for my JOB, I didn't have much study time of Judaism left.
Im out of the academy now, so maybe as soon as im finished Field training and get on my regular shift, I will go back and start my 18 months of conversion classes (Its a LOOOONG Process).

ngdawg said:
ptsdkid said:
And how, do tell, are you spreading the word of God, as a Christian'? Every post of yours is filled with anti-semitism and total ignorance of the Jewish culture. You deny or ignore your own connections to this culture, one that predates your own by thousands of years and its traditions incorporated and mimicked by the Christian community.
So tell us, how are you spreading this 'word' you speak of?

***I spread the word of God by trying to get those non believers like yourself to accept historical religious facts without bias. Think of my job of getting you liberal un-American types to act and think like true Americans by adopting the Conservative message, as being comparable to my work in getting you pagan types to accept the word and teachings of Jesus Christ. I realize this is a debate forum, but I see it is as being a fight between the good and righteous Christian Conservatives verse the indignant evil liberals among us.

Again, your view of anti semitism is skewed by the fact that you lack the debatable fortitude to present an intelligent opposing view to my truths. I hardly think I fit into your anti semetic mold, since I was once married to a Jewish woman. Perhaps once you get past using silly namecalling, then we'll be able to enage in meaningful debate. Although, I'm not giving much faith that that will ever happen. And David Duke and myself know much more about the Jewish cult then you'll ever know. Dem are the facts my man.

ptsdkid said:
***I spread the word of God by trying to get those non believers like yourself to accept historical religious facts without bias. Think of my job of getting you liberal un-American types to act and think like true Americans by adopting the Conservative message, as being comparable to my work in getting you pagan types to accept the word and teachings of Jesus Christ. I realize this is a debate forum, but I see it is as being a fight between the good and righteous Christian Conservatives verse the indignant evil liberals among us.
Amazing...you managed to insult and call yourself a Christian AND righteous without so much as a pause...
Without bias? Allow me to put my seatbelt on before I laugh myself out of my chair....
ptsdkid said:
Again, your view of anti semitism is skewed by the fact that you lack the debatable fortitude to present an intelligent opposing view to my truths. I hardly think I fit into your anti semetic mold, since I was once married to a Jewish woman. Perhaps once you get past using silly namecalling, then we'll be able to enage in meaningful debate. Although, I'm not giving much faith that that will ever happen. And David Duke and myself know much more about the Jewish cult then you'll ever know. Dem are the facts my man.
Huh? My 'opposing viewpoint' took up no less than 3 long posts, which you shrugged off because they DID oppose. You know crap about...well, anything. Let's go over that 'WAS married'....first off, if she were true to her culture and religion, she wouldn't have married you. But I can certainly see why she is no longer. And I was BORN into a Jewish family.
If you knew half of what you claim to know, you'd know that Jews don't preach. And David Duke, the former leader of the KKK is hardly an authority on anything except how to hate and set fires. Reading him for information is like reading Superman comics to learn how to fly:roll:

ngdawg said:
Amazing...you managed to insult and call yourself a Christian AND righteous without so much as a pause...
Without bias? Allow me to put my seatbelt on before I laugh myself out of my chair....

Huh? My 'opposing viewpoint' took up no less than 3 long posts, which you shrugged off because they DID oppose. You know crap about...well, anything. Let's go over that 'WAS married'....first off, if she were true to her culture and religion, she wouldn't have married you. But I can certainly see why she is no longer. And I was BORN into a Jewish family.
If you knew half of what you claim to know, you'd know that Jews don't preach. And David Duke, the former leader of the KKK is hardly an authority on anything except how to hate and set fires. Reading him for information is like reading Superman comics to learn how to fly:roll:

I agree completely.
:bravo:

Its facinating to watch this type of religious debate, and see the reason I left the fold played out on the web. Kid claims to be a messanger of God, and continuoiusly proves himself to be a judgemental person, lacking the integrity to follow the precepts layed out in the very book he trys to convert others to.

" ”I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; (2) you shall have no other gods before me. (3) You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Jesus is an Idol (4) You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me, In other words...100 yrs of pain for a childs indescretion (5) but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments. (6) You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.I am sure you have NEVER said God Dammit (7) Remember the sabbath day, and keep it holy. (8) For six days you shall labour and do all your work. (9) But the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the alien resident in your towns. (10) For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but rested the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and consecrated it. Ever worked on a Sunday, Kid(its actuallt saturday by the way)(11) Honour your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you. (12) You shall not murder(fortunately, you never fired a shot in the military....right?). (13) You shall not commit adultery.uh.....why did you divorce....anyway?(14) You shall not steal.Heh.....yeah right, wont even go there(15) You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.and of course...you dont Lie either(16) You shall not covet your neighbour’s house; you shall not covet your neighbour’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour.
again.....we wont go there, as its obvious.

Exodus 20:1-17 "

Look inside yourself Kid...and tell us all you adhere to these commandments.

Then you can claim to be the best Christian ever...short of Jeebus.

tecoyah said:
Its facinating to watch this type of religious debate, and see the reason I left the fold played out on the web. Kid claims to be a messanger of God, and continuoiusly proves himself to be a judgemental person, lacking the integrity to follow the precepts layed out in the very book he trys to convert others to.

****Judgemental to you is just laying out the facts for me. In order for there to be a debate on a debate forum, at least one of us would need to present the facts and or history so as to get started. The fact that I'm able to call a spade a spade should in no way suggest that I am not spreading God's word, or that I am unable to convert you pagan types into becoming more moral and more religious like myself.

" ”I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; (2) you shall have no other gods before me. (3) You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Jesus is an Idol (4) You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me, In other words...100 yrs of pain for a childs indescretion (5) but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments. (6) You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.

***I have abided by these first six since Jesus is God.

I am sure you have NEVER said God Dammit
(7) Remember the sabbath day, and keep it holy.

**** I do not use the Lord's name in vain. Every day of spreading the Lord's word is a holy day for me.

(8) For six days you shall labour and do all your work.

****My labour consists of turning around the atheist/pagan liberals among us into becoming righteous Christian Conservatives where they would not only start worshiping and spreading the word of God, but by signing up with the Conservative ideolgy--they would then start honoring their country of America, instead of constantly ragging on it and on our military as they do today.

(9) But the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the alien resident in your towns.

***I try my best to relax on the seventh day by brushing up on my Bible reading and interpretation thereof.

(10) For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but rested the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and consecrated it. Ever worked on a Sunday, Kid(its actuallt saturday by the way)

***Actually, with my 100% total and permanent disability, I find that work is no longer an option. I do consider my job of proselytizing pagan liberals to the loving side of God not to be 'work' as defined by our Lord.

(11) Honour your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

****Yes I do honor my mother and father.

(12) You shall not murder(fortunately, you never fired a shot in the military....right?)

***Oh I fired many a shot in combat as well as in boot camp and AIT. I've never murdered anyone. And if I had shot and killed someone in combat, it would have been done in self defense during war time--which would be considered killing but not murdering.

. (13) You shall not commit adultery.uh.....why did you divorce....anyway?

***What reasons do you want first? Reasons for divorce from the first, second, or third ex-wife?

(14) You shall not steal.Heh.....yeah right, wont even go there

***Why not go there? Do I look like a thief to you?

(
15) You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.and of course...you dont Lie either(16) You shall not covet your neighbour’s house; you shall not covet your neighbour’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour.
again.....we wont go there, as its obvious.

****Thanks for not going there. I just hate being put on the spot in proving my righteousness.

Look inside yourself Kid...and tell us all you adhere to these commandments.

Then you can claim to be the best Christian ever...short of Jeebus.

***Sure hope that was just a slip up on your part. You didn't misprint the Lord's name in vain there....did you?

ptsdkid said:
***Sure hope that was just a slip up on your part. You didn't misprint the Lord's name in vain there....did you?

Nope....I said Jeebus.

OK....lets just break down your Holy persona, and see what we shall see:

"
****Judgemental to you is just laying out the facts for me. In order for there to be a debate on a debate forum, at least one of us would need to present the facts and or history so as to get started. The fact that I'm able to call a spade a spade should in no way suggest that I am not spreading God's word, or that I am unable to convert you pagan types into becoming more moral and more religious like myself."

Here we see Arrogance, swiftly followed by Judgement, with a healthy dose of Blind Faith. The Facts as you see them, come from an interpretation of ancient text, which has changed with the times as needed by men who felt they knew the word of God....better than someone else. That anyone can take these words as something other than a completely revised version of Gods word gives insight into the ability of the individual to understand the difference between Fact, and Opinion. In this one paragraph you also manage to aliebate anyone truly interested in these words....as you seem an arrogant Pr!ck.

"
****My labour consists of turning around the atheist/pagan liberals among us into becoming righteous Christian Conservatives where they would not only start worshiping and spreading the word of God, but by signing up with the Conservative ideolgy--they would then start honoring their country of America, instead of constantly ragging on it and on our military as they do today."

Me thinks you Labour in Vain. Perhaps if you had a better understanding of the Pagan outlook, you might actually gain some level of respect in these eyes, as it is your inability to accept anything but blind adherence to your own interpretation of Biblical Text makes respect unlikely. I would wager most devout Christians on this board would find your attitude less than Worthy of the Christs teachings as well. Having been Christian for many years....I know what I speak of.

"
***Actually, with my 100% total and permanent disability, I find that work is no longer an option. I do consider my job of proselytizing pagan liberals to the loving side of God not to be 'work' as defined by our Lord."

Well....I think shes quite dissaponted in you....in fact she said so yesterday. If the time ever comes that I need God to show me the way to Hatred and disgust in my fellow man....I will give you a ring.

"
***What reasons do you want first? Reasons for divorce from the first, second, or third ex-wife?"

For someone so proud of the institution, you seem to have very little respect for it. Or...perhaps you had no choice in the eventual dismissing of these Sacred Vows. Hard to Understand why a woman would seek greener pastures.

"***Why not go there? Do I look like a thief to you?"

We are all thieves Kid............every single Human on this earth, at one time or another. The difference seems to be some of us are "Honest" theives. We all Lie Kid....every single Human on this Beautiful Earth, and to deny this....is to show just how true it really is.

I am Pagan, I lie....and have been a thief (long ago), I am judgemental, and manipulative. I find dislike of others in my soul at times, and tend to use my own gifts of language and Data retention to make those I see as ignorant slip up and expose this fault to anyone smart enough to see it.
I am Pagan, Kid.....and I am Honest to myself and others. You may not approve of my choices, but they are mine to choose. I do not dismiss your passion for the Christ, as I have been there, and have the T-shirt somewhere....

You are however someone I see as Ignorant in many ways....and I will continue to expose this through subtle manipulation of your many weaknesses, capped by humiliation when you finally agree to a real debate.

Just thought it fair to be honest with you.....deal with it.

I will ask again, ptsdkid, you have not answered my question. It is your responsibility, considering you made the absolutist, unsubstantiated statement 'Jews do not spread the good word of God'. If you cannot answer, be a man and bow out, taking responsibility the undocumented false comment you made.

I await your answer, though I doubt you will, even if you respond.

CaptainCourtesy said:
I will ask again, ptsdkid, you have not answered my question. It is your responsibility, considering you made the absolutist, unsubstantiated statement 'Jews do not spread the good word of God'. If you cannot answer, be a man and bow out, taking responsibility the undocumented false comment you made.

I await your answer, though I doubt you will, even if you respond.

***Surely you jest. I'll take it for granted that you are aware of how Christians have and do spread the word of God worldwide. Surely you've heard of 'Christian Missionaries' traveling the globe in presenting their message.

So all that is left is for you 'Capitante' to show how the Jews have spread the word of God worldwide. Surely you don't expect me to prove a 'lie' to you.

ptsdkid said:
***Surely you jest. I'll take it for granted that you are aware of how Christians have and do spread the word of God worldwide. Surely you've heard of 'Christian Missionaries' traveling the globe in presenting their message.

So all that is left is for you 'Capitante' to show how the Jews have spread the word of God worldwide. Surely you don't expect me to prove a 'lie' to you.

Did I already mention that is it not a part of the Jewish Religion to "Spread the word of God"????

It isn't one of thier 613 commandments given to them by god, so it only shows just how important it is to god.

ptsdkid said:
***Surely you jest. I'll take it for granted that you are aware of how Christians have and do spread the word of God worldwide.

Like the Crusades and the Witch Hunts?

ptsdkid said:
Surely you've heard of 'Christian Missionaries' traveling the globe in presenting their message.

Ah yes. People who are so arrogant that they think that they have the right and the duty to go and tell everyone else that the missionaries represent the only right and true religion. People so arrogant that they feel they have the right and the duty to judge everyone else's religious beliefs as wrong.

Caine said:
Did I already mention that is it not a part of the Jewish Religion to "Spread the word of God"????

It isn't one of thier 613 commandments given to them by god, so it only shows just how important it is to god.

***Thanks for making my point that Jews do not spread the word of God. Now if only El Capitante would read the message that you were so kind to give.

MrFungus420 said:
Like the Crusades and the Witch Hunts?

****Yes, thanks for mentioning the Crusades. Thanks to the Christians of that time, the world survived the potential onslaught of the evil Muslim world. Btw, you may want to think of the recent uprising of the Islamic Fascists as being a modern day Crusades or our WWIII--take your pick. Read the Muslim Bible to find out about this jihad that we're currently witnessing. I suggest (if his health allows) that the Minister Farrakhan become the Muslims modern day Caliphate. You have any objections to my pick of the evil incarnate? I suggest an eye-opeing book describing the current Crusades. It is called, "The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam" (And The Crusades) by Robert Spencer.

What witch hunts do you speak? The Salem witch trials? I've always considered Hillary Clinton to be the perfect representation to a modern day witch. The problem with that is that we don't need to hunt for her--she's always spewing her anti Americanism over the airwaves.

ptsdkid said:
***Thanks for making my point that Jews do not spread the word of God. Now if only El Capitante would read the message that you were so kind to give.

Is there a point to your constant rantings about them not "spreading the word of god"?

Jewish people don't need to spread the word of god. Like other religinos they don't believe in forcing people to believe a certain way. YOU believe what YOU fell is right, not what someone tells you.

ptsdkid said:
****Yes, thanks for mentioning the Crusades. Thanks to the Christians of that time, the world survived the potential onslaught of the evil Muslim world.

the world huh? Who knew the muslims were not merely trying to conquer what they claim as their holy land. They were really after all of europe. Nothing compared to what Christians have done to all of europe and the America's (those evil native american's were just trying to conquer the world). :roll:

ptsdkid said:
What witch hunts do you speak? The Salem witch trials? I've always considered Hillary Clinton to be the perfect representation to a modern day witch. The problem with that is that we don't need to hunt for her--she's always spewing her anti Americanism over the airwaves.

:rofl nice spin job. :spin:

I think he might be referring to the 40,000-100,000 people killed for being "witches" from 1400-1800 in Christian based civilzations.

Last edited:
Gibberish said:
Is there a point to your constant rantings about them not "spreading the word of god"?

***I think there was a point about Jews not spreading the word of God, but that point was made a long time ago back when we were debating whether Christ is Jewish or not. The more you look inward at the Jewish religion you soon come to realize that their religion isn't so much the worship of God as it is the worship of their Jewish race. The facts seem to outweigh or trump any belief to the contrary. So as far as Jews spreading the word of God--it just ain't going to happen in your lifetime. I have Tecoya's word on that. So I guess the next step in progression here would be for me to sing the praises of Christianity and Conservatism to you. Let me know if your willing to get blessed.

ptsdkid said:

OK, I think I get it. The confusion is over the word 'spread'. If it is to mean to try to convert to their belief system/religion, then I would agree with you. As Caine said, it's not in their commandments. However, I submit that there are many other ways to 'spread' the good word of God; doing good works, supporting your religion, standing up for your beliefs, as just a few.

Also, I kinda like the 'El Capitante' moniker. Nice call. :smile:

ptsdkid said:
So I guess the next step in progression here would be for me to sing the praises of Christianity and Conservatism to you. Let me know if your willing to get blessed.

No thanks. I have seen the hatred that "blessed" Christians spread. I prefer to keep my own understanding of God.

How interesting that you praise Jesus along with conservatism when Jesus taught not to follow conservatism but to respect it as you move past it to a new way of life.

The difference between me and you is I believe Jesus taught understanding, new ideas, and open mindedness. I do not think he ordained one specific people to be better then all of the rest of the human race, which you seem to believe. This leads to bigotry, hatred, and arrogance, which you seem to spew in every post.

Last edited:
Gibberish said:
No thanks. I have seen the hatred that "blessed" Christians spread. I prefer to keep my own understanding of God.

How interesting that you praise Jesus along with conservatism when Jesus taught not to follow conservatism but to respect it as you move past it to a new way of life.

***Jesus taught not to follow conservatism? Please give me proof to that outlandish statement.

The difference between me and you is I believe Jesus taught understanding, new ideas, and open mindedness. I do not think he ordained one specific people to be better then all of the rest of the human race, which you seem to believe. This leads to bigotry, hatred, and arrogance, which you seem to spew in every post.

***I also believe that Jesus taught understanding, new ideas, and openmindedness. Nor do I believe he had ordained a particular people to be better than the rest of the human race. I am not a bigot; I do not hate any people, and what you might see as arrogance is simply me trying to get people to see and follow the Lord's word.

ptsdkid said:
***I also believe that Jesus taught understanding, new ideas, and openmindedness. Nor do I believe he had ordained a particular people to be better than the rest of the human race. I am not a bigot; I do not hate any people, and what you might see as arrogance is simply me trying to get people to see and follow the Lord's word.
By calling everyone ignorant, liberal (used by you as a curse), idiot, etc? Which one of those is 'God's word'? Try reading "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

ptsdkid said:

By trying to lead people to believe exactly what you beleive you must think they are lost and are going to hell if they do not believe what you believe. So you believe the God has ordained only you and people that believe what you believe to go to heaven.

All those other million of people God created that lead peaceful and happy lives are going to hell, no matter if they are better human beings then a Christian. Do you not believe that?

Back on topic though.

Christian holidays were taken from other religion's holidays so to help the assimilation of that religion into Christianity. This is why many of the celebrations are not celebrated on the day of the actual event. Many Christians I have talked to take the stance that the date is not what is relevant but that we celebrate.

Gibberish said:
By trying to lead people to believe exactly what you beleive you must think they are lost and are going to hell if they do not believe what you believe. So you believe the God has ordained only you and people that believe what you believe to go to heaven.

***It isn't my job to get you people to believe exactly the way I think, or to tell you that you're surely going to hell for having strayed from the righteous course. No, its my job first to point out to you of your wicked evil ways with the intent being for you to start your own rebirth.

All those other million of people God created that lead peaceful and happy lives are going to hell, no matter if they are better human beings then a Christian. Do you not believe that?

***I have no particular thoughts on that scenario.

Back on topic though.

Christian holidays were taken from other religion's holidays so to help the assimilation of that religion into Christianity. This is why many of the celebrations are not celebrated on the day of the actual event. Many Christians I have talked to take the stance that the date is not what is relevant but that we celebrate.

***I agree, its not the actual date that matters, as much as it is what and why you celebrate.

ptsdkid said:
***I spread the word of God by trying to get those non believers like yourself to accept historical religious facts without bias.And David Duke and myself know much more about the Jewish cult then you'll ever know. .
So far, you have been spreading the word of David Duke, at the most..

ngdawg and tecoyah have been spreading the word of the Bible here…

Being a Christian I do not recognize your Dukes, your idols…

Follow the advise of your opponents - read the Bible, not dukes and pukes..
The words of Jesus:
"Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

Last edited:
justone said:

***David Duke and I personally know Jesus Christ. Can you say the same?

ptsdkid said:
justone said:

***David Duke and I personally know Jesus Christ. Can you say the same?

N.O.

I have told you – I follow the Bible. The Bible assures me beyond reasonable doubt that J.C. has not personally visited pstkid and David Duke. One can know J.C. only through the Bible – until the day when he comes back again for all of us. Then you will know him personally. You have no chance to avoid; and no excuses of yours will be taken in the way you personally want.
I believe in Christ . I know and spiritually feel Christ through the Bible, NT, his words and teachings.
Your question is based on false pretend that David Duke and you personally know Jesus Christ.. You can keep bashing Christianity, and agitate non-belivers against Christ, - but you can harm only yourself in the end.
You can keep on lying as long as you have a personal need to lie and throw you lies on J.C. and the Bible. But if you don’t know the teachings, you do not know Christ.

After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

I have to go. If you want to know more about Christ – ask tecoyah and others – they have demonstrated a pretty good understanding of what Christ wants from Christians. There are simple things which are clear even to non-beleivers, if they ever read the teachings.
Or, if you can read, read; read what Jesus has said, not what dukes and pukes are saying. Read the Bible, read NT....
You still have a chance. One always has a chance.

Back
Top Bottom