• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Jewish & Christian Holy Days

justone said:
ptsdkid said:
N.O.

I have told you – I follow the Bible. The Bible assures me beyond reasonable doubt that J.C. has not personally visited pstkid and David Duke. One can know J.C. only through the Bible – until the day when he comes back again for all of us. Then you will know him personally. You have no chance to avoid; and no excuses of yours will be taken in the way you personally want.
I believe in Christ . I know and spiritually feel Christ through the Bible, NT, his words and teachings.
Your question is based on false pretend that David Duke and you personally know Jesus Christ.. You can keep bashing Christianity, and agitate non-belivers against Christ, - but you can harm only yourself in the end.
You can keep on lying as long as you have a personal need to lie and throw you lies on J.C. and the Bible. But if you don’t know the teachings, you do not know Christ.

***I didn't say that JC had personally visited with me. David and I do have a personal relationship with JC. Let me know if you want me to send you a copy of the personal audio tapes between JC and myself. I've been know to believe in miracles.

I have to go. If you want to know more about Christ – ask tecoyah and others – they have demonstrated a pretty good understanding of what Christ wants from Christians. There are simple things which are clear even to non-beleivers, if they ever read the teachings.
Or, if you can read, read; read what Jesus has said, not what dukes and pukes are saying. Read the Bible, read NT....
You still have a chance. One always has a chance.

***Ask Tecoyah and others about Christ? Wow, since when would a Christian follower of Christ's teachings seek pagan help in understanding the Lord's word? You did manage to get a wry grin and chuckle out of me with that absurd statement.

ptsdkid said:
justone said:
***Ask Tecoyah and others about Christ? Wow, since when would a Christian follower of Christ's teachings seek pagan help in understanding the Lord's word? You did manage to get a wry grin and chuckle out of me with that absurd statement.
Wow, maybe since one who proclaims that he 'follows Christ's teachings' does nothing of the sort?
I asked before and you conveniently ignored the question. Which of these words that you toss about like dollar bills to a pole dancer is 'God's word'?
Idiot, ignorant, 'liberal un-americans', and those were just used in this thread.
You don't teach someone the wrongness of something by displaying it as a way of life. You show someone the righteous, loving way by being righteous and loving, a feat you have not mastered, let alone attempted.
Unlike your Christ, you have blatantly shown no respect for opposing views, for differing religious viewpoints or bothered to learn anything outside reading the words of a known bigot. You show no humility, preferring to sledgehammer your narrow viewpoints into everything with total disregard to
even manners.
And while your life may have sucked, it is not we who made it thusly.
So while you're in a forum busily and falsely proselytizing under the guise of being a 'Christian', there are those of us, and yes I mean I and Tecoyah, among many others, who prefer to make the world a better place by treating others with the respect and love they deserve and that, my dimly-lit friend, is more Christian than you will ever be.

ngdawg said:
ptsdkid said:
Wow, maybe since one who proclaims that he 'follows Christ's teachings' does nothing of the sort?

***Look here no-good dawg, you wouldn't know that I follow Christ's teachings since you don't follow his teachings yourself. Pretty simple math there.

***I don't recall ever using the word 'idiot' here, and seldom use the word ignorant (as those two seem to be self evident), and I use liberal un-American in a context of showing your inability to Americanize to the mission of defending our country. Un-American in the context of man's law or common law concerning all Americans. God's law is something entirely different than fueding over politics. I might use the term un-Christian like or paganite in describing you and Tecoyah. Does that suit you better, and does that answer your question?

You don't teach someone the wrongness of something by displaying it as a way of life. You show someone the righteous, loving way by being righteous and loving, a feat you have not mastered, let alone attempted.

***Your pagan way of life is wrong in Christ's view. I have steadfastly tried to show you non-Christians/Paganites the true way of life as espoused by JesusChrist.

Unlike your Christ, you have blatantly shown no respect for opposing views, for differing religious viewpoints or bothered to learn anything outside reading the words of a known bigot. You show no humility, preferring to sledgehammer your narrow viewpoints into everything with total disregard to
even manners.

***Why should I show respect to opposing views that downgrade or downplay Christ's significance, and attempt to belittle every means our country takes to defend itself against blood thirsty terrorists? Btw, Duke is not a bigot, but he does do a great job in revealing the bigotry in other groups of peoples.

And while your life may have sucked, it is not we who made it thusly.
So while you're in a forum busily and falsely proselytizing under the guise of being a 'Christian', there are those of us, and yes I mean I and Tecoyah, among many others, who prefer to make the world a better place by treating others with the respect and love they deserve and that, my dimly-lit friend, is more Christian than you will ever be.

***I do not look at my life as one that sucks. Why would I bother proselytyzing anyone into a Christian lifestyle if I were not indeed a true Christian myself? That wouldn't make much sense. I suppose if I were not a Christian, that would make me an atheist--something that represents a great portion of the liberal Democrat party.

***Look here no-good dawg, you wouldn't know that I follow Christ's teachings since you don't follow his teachings yourself. Pretty simple math there.
Thank you once again for proving my point. We can now add 'no-good' to your 'Christian' vocabulary.

***I don't recall ever using the word 'idiot' here, and seldom use the word ignorant (as those two seem to be self evident), and I use liberal un-American in a context of showing your inability to Americanize to the mission of defending our country. Un-American in the context of man's law or common law concerning all Americans. God's law is something entirely different than fueding over politics. I might use the term un-Christian like or paganite in describing you and Tecoyah. Does that suit you better, and does that answer your question?
Neither. Note my avatar AND signature, Mr. America. You called Caine an idiot in this thread. There is nothing 'christian' or 'pro-american' in anything you spew forth.
***Your pagan way of life is wrong in Christ's view. I have steadfastly tried to show you non-Christians/Paganites the true way of life as espoused by JesusChrist.
Well, Jesus doesn't use words like 'idiot', 'ignorant', 'no-good', 'liberal' or 'pagan', so....if your true way of life is to be bitter, bigoted and erroneously self-righteous, then no thank you.
***Why should I show respect to opposing views that downgrade or downplay Christ's significance, and attempt to belittle every means our country takes to defend itself against blood thirsty terrorists? Btw, Duke is not a bigot, but he does do a great job in revealing the bigotry in other groups of peoples.
Obviously you are not even aware of Duke's past? You know, the one where he led the KKK? To even consider the totally conflicting philosophies of that racist and Christ and use them both in your lame arguments is simply mind-boggling and borders on philosophical schizophrenia. And the fact that you show NO respect to any viewpoint that does not match your own is a clear display of bigotry, self-centeredness and ignorance, hardly 'good Christian' traits. Instead of blankly using contorted words and quoting them here and proclaiming them to be the truth, why not try living the words you claim to know. You've shown absolutely no attempt to do so. Instead, you sit in front of a monitor and make false claims with absolutely no knowledge of what you're saying.
Why would I bother proselytyzing anyone into a Christian lifestyle if I were not indeed a true Christian myself? That wouldn't make much sense. I suppose if I were not a Christian, that would make me an atheist--something that represents a great portion of the liberal Democrat party.
Really now....do this. Make a list of the higher Democratic echelon and their beliefs/churches. You're very fond of grouping anyone that doesn't think like you into one mass. That's prejudice in its most basic form. Sorry, dude, you're not a 'true Christian', you don't even play one on tv.

ptsdkid
"***Why should I show respect to opposing views that downgrade or downplay Christ's significance, and attempt to belittle every means our country takes to defend itself against blood thirsty terrorists? Btw, Duke is not a bigot, but he does do a great job in revealing the bigotry in other groups of peoples."

Its interesting Kid, most Pagans actually do have great respect for the Christ,and indeed for many Christians. But I would think very few.....would have anything but contempt for you, and it has nothing to do with religion.

ngdawg said:
Thank you once again for proving my point. We can now add 'no-good' to your 'Christian' vocabulary.

***Excuse me, but I really thought ngdawg stood for no-good doggie. Can you accept my apology?

Neither. Note my avatar AND signature, Mr. America. You called Caine an idiot in this thread. There is nothing 'christian' or 'pro-american' in anything you spew forth.

***I don't remember calling Caine an idiot, but if the label suits--then so be it.

Well, Jesus doesn't use words like 'idiot', 'ignorant', 'no-good', 'liberal' or 'pagan', so....if your true way of life is to be bitter, bigoted and erroneously self-righteous, then no thank you.

***Again, those words may or may not be used when discoursing with mere mortals. If and when you decide to accept the Lord's teachings--then we could probably assume discourse on a higher level....agreed?

Obviously you are not even aware of Duke's past? You know, the one where he led the KKK? To even consider the totally conflicting philosophies of that racist and Christ and use them both in your lame arguments is simply mind-boggling and borders on philosophical schizophrenia. And the fact that you show NO respect to any viewpoint that does not match your own is a clear display of bigotry, self-centeredness and ignorance, hardly 'good Christian' traits. Instead of blankly using contorted words and quoting them here and proclaiming them to be the truth, why not try living the words you claim to know. You've shown absolutely no attempt to do so. Instead, you sit in front of a monitor and make false claims with absolutely no knowledge of what you're saying.

***The one who is not aware of Duke's past is you. One of Duke's greatest loves and respect was for his black female nanny. Again, you would only know these things if you were to read his book, "My Awakening". So it is you that displays ignorance here by not accepting or reasoning another's viewpoint or history. Duke quit the KKK because his minions became too violent. Duke is a highly intelligent peaceful man that heads a splinter group of White Pride Nationalists that have an entirely differing agenda than that of the KKK. You need to open up your mind to the many diverging vicissitudes to the political landscape. For instance, I have read and continue to read many boks on liberalism--the opposing ideology to mine. It helps to be well versed in opposing theories when debating the issues.

Really now....do this. Make a list of the higher Democratic echelon and their beliefs/churches. You're very fond of grouping anyone that doesn't think like you into one mass. That's prejudice in its most basic form. Sorry, dude, you're not a 'true Christian', you don't even play one on tv.

***Thanks for your labeling me as an untrue Christian. Perhaps you could show me your true Christian beliefs and standing, so as to help make me a better Christian via the perfect example.

Awww... he loved his 'black nanny'. How sweet. And yet, still had the drive to head the KKK. And fantastic, he quit to become a white nationalist.
:roll:
I stand by the assertion that even making the lame comparison between him and Christ is akin to philosophical schizophrenia. Either you accept everyone on equal level because they're human beings such as yourself, regardless of race or belief( Christian), or you don't. And if you don't, you're a bigot. Very simple.
The mere fact that you think somehow it's your job to call names, falsely proselytize, make generalized assumptions and admire a racist just shows you not to be accepting, forgiving (the main crux of christianity next to believing in Christ),nor charitable in heart and deed kills any claim you make as to your 'following God's word'.
Apologizing for making a smug assumption about my own moniker is feeble on your part. You had already made a smug and erroneous assumption and went ahead and used it-something you've been very prone to do all along.

ptsdkid said:
***Ask Tecoyah and others about Christ? Wow, since when would a Christian follower of Christ's teachings seek pagan help in understanding the Lord's word? .
Since the moment when a ''Christian follower'' swings to the direction which is opposite to the teachings. Since the moment you start smuggling in Dukes’s book instead THE BOOK.

If I was a non-believer, tecoyah’s stand against you and his references to the Bible would make me to check what the Bible really says regarding your position. In the end, I have been sending you to the Bible - for you to check how far you were away, - tecoyh and others are a lot more close…

I particularly like this:
tecoyah said:

...blind adherence to your own interpretation of Biblical Text makes respect unlikely. I would wager most devout Christians on this board would find your attitude less than Worthy of the Christs teachings as well.

... If the time ever comes that I need God to show me the way to Hatred and disgust in my fellow man....I will give you a ring.

Some non-believers may be a lot more close to J.C., than those followers, who spread words which are opposite to the letter and sprit of his teachings.
He certainly wants you to attract non-believers, but not to damn and appall them, and not to imagine that you have any authority to judge.
If you really follow his words and teachings – you will see, they have a magic to attract like a magnet, not to appall.

I was a non-believer, I grew up as a non-believer, I received the first information about J.C. from non-believers; and Christ came for me when I was a non-believer.

tecoyah said:
We are all thieves Kid............every single Human on this earth, at one time or another. We all Lie Kid....every single Human on this Beautiful Earth,

I lie....and have been a thief (long ago), I am judgemental, and manipulative.
.....and I am Honest to myself and others.
Because it is written:
''No righteous man on earth always does right and never sins.''

“This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief."

Last edited:
“So while you're in a forum busily and falsely proselytizing under the guise of being a 'Christian', there are those of us, and yes I mean I and Tecoyah, among many others, who prefer to make the world a better place by treating others with the respect and love they deserve and that, my dimly-lit friend, is more Christian than you will ever be.”

Dimly lit friend? Oh that sounds like a “Christ-like statement”…..

Are you judging him when you say this? Are you judging his heart or his actions?

You have a right to judge his actions…………but you do not have the right to judge his heart. God alone has this authority. We do not even have the authority to judge our own hearts.

. (1 Corinthians 4:4)

We all as Christians must be very careful not to be inflated with pride. God loves us equally.

Proverbs 11:2 - "When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom."

Proverbs 16:5 - "Every one that is proud in the heart is an abomination to the Lord: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished."

Neither. Note my avatar AND signature, Mr. America. You called Caine an idiot in this thread. There is nothing 'christian' or 'pro-american' in anything you spew forth.”

In Luke 6:41 and 42 Christ speaks of seeing a speck in a brother’s eye.

41"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 42How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.”

I know I have never called anyone names on here but I am sure I have said some unkind things that I shouldn’t have. And in that way I did not exactly display Christ-like behavior. I am not perfect.

Have you?

A few posts back you called him “dimly-lit”……

“Well, Jesus doesn't use words like 'idiot', 'ignorant', 'no-good', 'liberal' or 'pagan', so....if your true way of life is to be bitter, bigoted and erroneously self-righteous, then no thank you.”

Jesus was nice about it but He did called people sinners. He also called people hypocrites and did refer to them being LOST.

"But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!

Make a list of the higher Democratic echelon and their beliefs/churches. You're very fond of grouping anyone that doesn't think like you into one mass. That's prejudice in its most basic form. Sorry, dude, you're not a 'true Christian', you don't even play one on tv.”

Sitting in a garage doesn’t make one a car does it? None of us can tell if anyone is a TRUE CHRISTIAN. Did either of you see the Left Behind series?
Many so-called Christians were left behind after the rapture occured. (this is biblical) Even a priest was left behind in the show. They appeared to be Christian to their community and to themselves but they were not, they were not saved.
True, the fruits that we do and display might show on the outside that we are Christians……..but only Christ knows what is in each and everyone of our hearts.

To see two Christians claiming to be Christian and fighting in this piss____ match over who is better would not please Christ I’ll tell ya that much.

That is why I do not go to the "basement". To go there and use profanity and to treat people so horribly by more ugly words.......is not Christ-like.

“Its interesting Kid, most Pagans actually do have great respect for the Christ, and indeed for many Christians. But I would think very few.....would have anything but contempt for you, and it has nothing to do with religion.”

How about you tecoyah, ever say a mean thing to anyone on here?

And Christ loves ptsdkid don’t forget that…………Isn’t that what he told us to do? To love, even our enemy?

As much as you and I and others on here have disagreed on issues, especially abortion…….I have nothing but love in my heart for you. Some of your views make me sick, actually probably more like 99% of them :rofl ….but it has nothing to do with loving someone.

I have said before I am not perfect, I am a sinner and I do not deserve forgiveness for the things I have said and done in my life…….but the wonderful thing is that Christ did forgive me…He made me brand spankin new.....through unmerited favor…….Grace He forgave me, as He would anyone else who asks.

doughgirl said:

Dimly lit friend? Oh that sounds like a “Christ-like statement”…..

Are you judging him when you say this? Are you judging his heart or his actions?

******May God Bless you doughgirl. I admire you--such insight and love is nothing short of inspirational.

To see two Christians claiming to be Christian and fighting in this piss____ match over who is better would not please Christ I’ll tell ya that much.
May I presume you mean you two? No one else here is making such claims and doing so in such a false, assumptive and accusatory manner.

doughgirl said:
How about you tecoyah, ever say a mean thing to anyone on here?

Yes...on numerous occasions. Thing is, I dont claim to be a Christian. Though I truly respect the teachings of the Christ, and have incorporated much of it into my beliefs, I understand that much of the Bibles, cannot be attributed to the man at all. Because I do not follow the Bibles as difinitive proof, or factual documentation, I have been told many times I am not Christian.....so guess what, I'm a Pagan.
Added to this is the simple reality that I have met only ONE person in my life I can honestly say tried to follow the path layed out for man by Christs teachings....and he was a Buddhist Monk (I'm totally serious here).
I would no sooner take the Label of Christian, than Quantum Physicist, as I am unworthy of either and fully admit it. I can admire you for trying, and criticize you for failing, there is no hypocracy in that. I for one however....do not wish to judge anyone as less than myself simply because I Claim to be Christian, I had done so for many years and regret my conceit.

Now I can call a spade a spade, and feel no remorse for doing so, as religion/god, have nothing to do with it.

"Are you judging him when you say this? Are you judging his heart or his actions?"

Actions........As I said I cant judge their hearts.

"May I presume you mean you two? No one else here is making such claims and doing so in such a false, assumptive and accusatory manner."

Actually I wasn't ngdawg. Your posts spoke for itself and so did his.

"Either you accept everyone on equal level because they're human beings such as yourself, regardless of race or belief( Christian), or you don't. And if you don't, you're a bigot. Very simple."

You can love them ngdawg but not accept them. Everyone is equal in Gods eyes and we are to love everyone even our enemies.

I can love someone but not accept the actions that they do. Because those actions might be contrary to what I believe.

It is true that God does love us all, BUT He does not tolerate sin, nor should we in our own lives or anyone elses.

But where does repect apart from love end?
Today its all about moral relativism. Everyone can develop their own morals. Well whose version of tolerance do we use guys? Example... Not to long ago abortion was illegal. Laws protected life. What happened? We did not used to tolerate abortion, now we do.

You are telling me that because I am a Christian I have to be tolerant and kind to everyone. I will love them and be kind to them, but I will not tolerate what I believe to be unChristian actions. I will not ACCEPT those values, lifestyles, those beliefs others hold as absolutely equal to and valid as my own.

Example....

If I had a son who bought pornographic magazines.......I still would love him, but they would not be allowed in my home.
If I had a friend who was having an affair behind her husbands back....I still would love her but I would do nothing to aid in her unchristian act.

There comes a point when every Christian has to stand up to what they believe is right and wrong. Those decisions should be based on scripture, not what they feel is right or wrong. Its about God not us. Its about what He says we should tolerate not what we think is acceptable.

A persons hearts might be right....actions wrong, but the heart part is for God to take care of. We are left with their actions. And sometimes actions speak louder than words.

How about the KKK, pedophiles, NAMBLA..... Are we suppose to tolerate these groups? I would hope you would say no. Should we show Christian love towards them? Yes.

I think people minimize wrong acts (actions) to excuse them in the name of tolerance. I think we minimize sin in the name of tolerance. People think that if God gave us freedom, then he also allows them to do whatever they want. Freedom in Christ means we have the ability to achieve God’s design for us, not our own. Freedom doesn’t mean we’re free to sin, rather we become free to say no to sin. If we miss this distinction, we become vulnerable to the lie.

The bottom lines is this....God takes sin seriously and so should we because it brings damage to us when we do it and when we are around it.

Read Hebrews 11:25, it talks about how a person can choose to enjoy the pleasures of sin. But what does sin really do? Intimacy with Christ decreases and destruction happens. You tell me how can someone worship God when they are clearly disobeying Him? sin creates distance, it separates us from Him.

Isaiah 59:2 says “But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that He will not hear.”

I heard someone once say that sin was like quicksand. I think they were right. We should stop sinning ourselves and we should separate ourselves from people who are deep in sin. Who are sinning because it feels good. We should do this to take away any chance of their sin damaging our lives.
You can love someone but separate yourself from them. You do not need to tolerate their actions. There comes a point when we all have to make a JUDGEMENT CALL.

And my point is that Kid has shown himself to not only not accept anyone on equal terms, but that we should accept HIM moreso. He not only has no toleration for opposing views and practices, he makes a concerted if futile effort to blame and convert. No, actions do not have to be accepted, specially those that harm others, but as long as I am not involved in any way in others' lives, their attempts to insinuate their beliefs into my life is blatantly wrong. If i want to learn about it, I know how to read. If I want to 'convert', I would.
And I have never claimed any christianity. By the looks of the attitudes of those here, had I been a christian, I would renounce it. I said I was more'christian' in deed than Kid, that in no way says I am; given his propensity for calling people idiots, ignorant and various other prejudicial uncompliments in his posts, he hardly represents anything resembling
'God's word' or christian deed.

“If I want to 'convert', I would.”

Yes you would.

But you have to understand those who share and want to share the gospel.

In Acts 1:8 Jesus says, "You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses"

It is obvious from Scripture that God requires us not only to preach to sinners, but also to teach them. The servant of the Lord must be “able to teach, patient, in meekness instructing” those who oppose them (2 Timothy 2:24,25).

You probably have no clue to what the Great Commission is but.. Christ commands His believers to teach sinners: “teach all nations ...teaching them to observe all things” (Matthew 28:19,20).

The disciples obeyed the command “daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ” (Acts 5:42, ).

Christ commands us to witness…….He does not ask. And if one has the Holy Spirit they would want to witness about Christ to share the gospel. I don’t always bring it up the places I go…. but if the opportunity is there I take it.

In fact Christ didn’t just say go make disciples around where we live………He said go make disciples of ALL NATIONS. That is the goal of missions work. Those people are doing what God Himself COMMANDED. They are risking their lives to do what Christ commands of them.
“Then Jesus came to them and said, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.’” – Matthew 28:18-20
We should witness in love, we plant the seed…….those who want to hear will hear………and those who have no wish to hear won’t.
Most people who I talk with that are not at that place and do not want to hear…..will politely say,,,,,,ya know I just don’t believe, or I just don’t want to hear about it at this point in my life. End of story. I don’t pursue it.
Both sides should treat each other in kindness.
I have a lot of Mormons who come to my door. I am not rude in any way......but turn them away in kindness.

I don't believe. End of story.
I understand you think everyone should follow these words, yet everyone who claims to follow them, doesn't.
I don't really care if you or Kid or anyone else wants to 'share'. We have said quite pointedly over and over again that we're not interested and yet you persist.
Jewish people understand it is more important to live God's covenant than to go around quoting it. Family, charity, community etc., are important to them. Observing the traditions and histories are important. They don't go around slapping people over the head with their interpretations of the bible and then call those newly slapped people 'idiot, ignorant, liberal unamerican' for not cowtowing.
I don't care if you slaughter squirrels on a marble altar and pray to John Davidson. What you believe is your business alone and it's NOT your job to force what YOU think is christianity down others' throats. But you do and as long as you do, I will say that's not very christian-like. So, shut the door and stop quoting gospel. No sale.

This thread is about Christianity and Judaism.........so If I want to quote scripture I have every right to do just that. If you find it so offensive then too bad.

It surprises me that you who obviously call yourself a pagan........would waste time sitting on threads to discuss religion?

Must be that love that pagans have for others who don't have views similar to their own. I find it highly ironic that you dont practice what you preach either. You are not tolerant at all.

It is obvious that you despise and hate Christians. You dont talk about any other religion the way you do Christianity and Christians that is obvious. You have the right to hate us.

As for the differences between the two....

Christians share a great deal with Jewish people. To begin with we share the OT and its teachings. We share a belief in the same God. The moral and ethical teachings of the Bible are part of the Jewish and the Christian heritage. Both accept the Law given by the living God who created the world. Most Jews accept Christ as a great prophet and find good things in His teachings but this is as far as they go.........this is where Christianity and Judaism (except Messianic Jews) differ.

Christ commands us to witness.

And....Brigette likes it when we mess with you, Thor bets on the outcome, and Ra just kinda sits back and giggles silently.

tecoyah said:
And....Brigette likes it when we mess with you, Thor bets on the outcome, and Ra just kinda sits back and giggles silently.

***Looks like doughgirl has you figured to a tee. You may want to stay down in the basement where you'll feel more comfortable collaborating with your pagan brethren. Have a sweet trip.

ptsdkid said:
***Looks like doughgirl has you figured to a tee. You may want to stay down in the basement where you'll feel more comfortable collaborating with your pagan brethren. Have a sweet trip.

OK Kid....this seems as good a place for our little debate as any:

Given the Base teaching found in Scripture, Please give your understanding of The Christian View of our natural world, and specifically the chain of events leading to Mankind as we know it. If possible, please include timeframes, and Valid Data backing up your beliefs on this issue.

First we have: Most people who I talk with that are not at that place and do not want to hear…..will politely say,,,,,,ya know I just don’t believe, or I just don’t want to hear about it at this point in my life. End of story. I don’t pursue it.
Followed by: .........so If I want to quote scripture I have every right to do just that. If you find it so offensive then too bad.
Thank you for proving my points.

As for your points (whatever they're supposed to be), I was born to a Jewish mother and a Catholic father. If I choose to post in a thread about religion and the conflicts of such, I can. Last time I looked, this was still the US.

tecoyah said:
OK Kid....this seems as good a place for our little debate as any:

Given the Base teaching found in Scripture, Please give your understanding of The Christian View of our natural world, and specifically the chain of events leading to Mankind as we know it. If possible, please include timeframes, and Valid Data backing up your beliefs on this issue.

***Looks like you're a day late, a dollar short, and about 3 'Hail Marys' deficient of having a meaningful Christian discourse/debate. My job here is to spread the word of God, not to analyze the beliefs of an anti-Christ non believer like yourself. If you are truly interested in furthering an understanding of the Bible, I suggest you seek the expertise of the Doughgirl. As you know, my expertise is this political acumen geared to straighten out the anti-American crowd (all liberals) among us. Now if you find yourself at odds with my Conservative ideology, I would be more than willing to engage debate with you on all differing political issues. So far though, it looks like you're a bit confused over having a true political and a true religious identity. Perhaps we could debate or get you to listen to my theories as to why you've become so wishy washy over those two very important ideals. My guess as to why you've become a moderate, a non entity, or agnostic for those two ideals has something to do with your disfunctional upbringing. Am I right here, Tecola?

doughgirl said:
To begin with we share the OT and its teachings.

Really?
Do keep a Kosher kitchen and eat only Kosher foods?

Do you celebrate passover and fast for Rosh Hashannah and Yom Kippur?

I could go on, but Im not in the mood...

Its funny how Christians claim to share the teachings of the "Old Testament"

But the fact is, they use it to make "quotes" of when it suits thier purpose.

At least the dumb ones do.
The smart ones wouldn't bring it up at all.

ptsdkid said:
***Looks like you're a day late, a dollar short, and about 3 'Hail Marys' deficient of having a meaningful Christian discourse/debate. My job here is to spread the word of God, not to analyze the beliefs of an anti-Christ non believer like yourself. If you are truly interested in furthering an understanding of the Bible, I suggest you seek the expertise of the Doughgirl. As you know, my expertise is this political acumen geared to straighten out the anti-American crowd (all liberals) among us. Now if you find yourself at odds with my Conservative ideology, I would be more than willing to engage debate with you on all differing political issues. So far though, it looks like you're a bit confused over having a true political and a true religious identity. Perhaps we could debate or get you to listen to my theories as to why you've become so wishy washy over those two very important ideals. My guess as to why you've become a moderate, a non entity, or agnostic for those two ideals has something to do with your disfunctional upbringing. Am I right here, Tecola?

Damn, man, you keep running away from the debate. It seems that you don't think anyone is qualified to debate you. What a laugh.

afr0byte said:
Damn, man, you keep running away from the debate. It seems that you don't think anyone is qualified to debate you. What a laugh.
Misdirection is his strategy in almost every post.

Back
Top Bottom