• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Jesus Died For Our Sins? So What!

alphieb said:
We all do, what is your point?

My point is that I originate out of pure eternal GOD!

Apostle13 said:
31"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."

BEAUTIFUL, ON THAT NOTE I SHALL SLEEP WELL.....THANK YOU, AND GOD BLESS. THIS HAS BEEN A POSITIVE INSPIRATION FOR ME. APOSTLE....YOU ARE A TRUE MISSIONARY

alphieb said:
WHY THE EVIL COMMENTS?

You call me blasphemest because I say, "I am the Son of GOD?"

alphieb said:
If you do not attend church and lets say were never introduced to religion, but yet you maintain a good heart and do good to others god will have mercy on your soul as you shall not be held accountable for ignorance of god. I don't think heaven and hell is black and white as no individual is perfect and that is the whole purpose why jesus died for our sins.

If you have sinned and truly repent you shall be forgiven by god as we should forgive others.

I feel that attending church is necessary but concede not always possible for some. The bible tells us "Forsake not the assembling of the saints." Therefore, it is important that we surround ourselves with like minded persons.
...But true religion is, yes, a state of the heart and we are to renew our minds in faith, and that by hearing ,and hearing the word.
It is also written "Them that are forgiven much, Love much." Which validifies your latter statement.

alphieb said:
BEAUTIFUL, ON THAT NOTE I SHALL SLEEP WELL.....THANK YOU,

Me too...Goodnight and God Bless.:2wave:

You have just witnessed the Dialogues between Christ and the Pharisee from the Gospel of St. John in action.

I played the role of Christ.

Apostate13 and Alldweeb played the Pharisee and the Sadducee.

St. John 10: 33

And the Jews answered him saying, "for a good work we stone the not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou being a man, makest thyself GOD."

Last edited:
Lucidthots said:
You have just witnessed the Dialogues between Christ and the Pharisee from the Gospel of St. John in action.

I played the role of Christ.

...And thus behold; Lucifersthots

Apostle13 said:
...And thus behold; Lucifersthots

St. John 10: 33

And the Jews answered him saying, "for a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou being a man makest thyself GOD."

St. John 16: 28

I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world.
Again,
I leave the world and go to the Father.

Lucidthots said:
St. John 16: 28
I leave the world and go to the Father.

OK...Say Hello to Dad for me..?
Cya...Write if you find work.

Mathew 23: 9

And call no man your Father upon the earth:
For one is your Father which is in heaven.

Dont ya love it when you offer proof and inconsistencies of the bible and the theists just keep spouting more and more theist literature. Like the bible is THE final word. Someone could cut and paste all day the double-standards and inconsistencies of the bible, yet all a believer can do is offer more biblical quotes.

So here is a question for the believer........you agree that Christ was the son of god who came down and knocked up Mary? That Christ was born a man and was gods spirit made flesh? And Christ died and rose into heaven to sit at whatever hand god said he sits on? If you answer yes to these questions, go on to part two.

Part two.

Do agree that god is all-knowing and all-powerful? Without going into a quantum physics definition of time, that means god knew what would happen to Christ. He knew he would be sacrificed and suffer at the cross. Because god is all-knowing, he knew the exact outcome of what would happen.

You know what this means, right? He duped all you suckers into thinking Christ died for your sins when all along, god knew what was going to happen.

If you disagree, then god is not all-knowing or all-powerful. Dont give some sort of Star Trek crap like he lives outside the time/space continum space flux capacitor phaser armed and ready reason. That wont fly.

ddoyle00 said:
Do agree that god is all-knowing and all-powerful? Without going into a quantum physics definition of time, that means god knew what would happen to Christ. He knew he would be sacrificed and suffer at the cross. Because god is all-knowing, he knew the exact outcome of what would happen.

You know what this means, right? He duped all you suckers into thinking Christ died for your sins when all along, god knew what was going to happen.

If you disagree, then god is not all-knowing or all-powerful. Dont give some sort of Star Trek crap like he lives outside the time/space continum space flux capacitor phaser armed and ready reason. That wont fly.

How exactly do you figure God "duped" us? Of course he knew it was going to happen, that's why he did it. You lost me there... (mind you I am a Christian but I'm well aware of all the bullshit in the Bible.. sounds weird but it's true)

ddoyle00 said:
Dont ya love it when you offer proof and inconsistencies of the bible and the theists just keep spouting more and more theist literature. Like the bible is THE final word. Someone could cut and paste all day the double-standards and inconsistencies of the bible, yet all a believer can do is offer more biblical quotes.

So here is a question for the believer........you agree that Christ was the son of god who came down and knocked up Mary? That Christ was born a man and was gods spirit made flesh? And Christ died and rose into heaven to sit at whatever hand god said he sits on? If you answer yes to these questions, go on to part two.

Part two.

It is a metaphor.

You and I are both from GOD just like Christ claimed to be.

ALL IS GOD!

The Real McCoy said:
(mind you I am a Christian but I'm well aware of all the bullshit in the Bible.. sounds weird but it's true)

Oh man I am having trouble with that one...???
Are you saying God is a "BS"er? Thus then liar??

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2Timothy 3:16-17

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? (KJV) Numbers 23:19

Apostle13 said:
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? (KJV) Numbers 23:19

Its funny you should quote "numbers."

That is the Jewish version of Mein Kampfe.

Apostle13 said:
Oh man I am having trouble with that one...???
Are you saying God is a "BS"er? Thus then liar??

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2Timothy 3:16-17

No, I am absolutely NOT saying God is a BSer or a liar. I simply question the idea that the Bible is the "word of God." I believe Jesus Christ is the son of God and the savior of man and that his words are true. Most of my qualms with the Bible regard the Old Testament. Many of Christ's teachings contradicted those written in the OT, which leads me to the conclusion that it was written by men (inspired in some way or another) but not God's true word.

The Real McCoy said:
No, I am absolutely NOT saying God is a BSer or a liar. I simply question the idea that the Bible is the "word of God." I believe Jesus Christ is the son of God and the savior of man and that his words are true. Most of my qualms with the Bible regard the Old Testament. Many of Christ's teachings contradicted those written in the OT, which leads me to the conclusion that it was written by men (inspired in some way or another) but not God's true word.

Sometimes the bible is difficult to interpret (old english)

True but many passages are blatant black vs. white contradictions of each other.

The Real McCoy said:
True but many passages are blatant black vs. white contradictions of each other.

Could you please provide an example(s) of this...Cause I hear it all the time from God and godless alike..?

Apostle13 said:
Could you please provide an example(s) of this...Cause I hear it all the time from God and godless alike..?

While I could provide many, I have neither the time or patience but here's a few:

1 John 4:18 - There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fea. For fear has to do with punishment, and he who fears is not perfected in love.

That completely contradicts 1 Peter 2:17, Deuteronomy 6:13 and plenty of other verses commanding men to fear God.

Ezekiel 18:20 - The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son.

This completely contradicts Exodus 20:5, Deuteronomy 5:9 and countless others that say God punishes sons for their father's iniquities, even down several generations.

Mark 3:29 Truly, I say to you, all sins will be fogiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin.

This contradicts Acts 13:39 and others that say all sins can be forgiven.

I believe the Bible was written by men, as are the accounts of Jesus' teachings and therfore are subject to error (hence the "bullshit" in the Bible)
I do, however, believe that the overall message is clear and people get too caught up in specifics which explains the embarassing history of the churches over the past 2000 years.

The Real McCoy said:
While I could provide many, I have neither the time or patience but here's a few:

1 John 4:18 - There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fea. For fear has to do with punishment, and he who fears is not perfected in love.

That completely contradicts 1 Peter 2:17, Deuteronomy 6:13 and plenty of other verses commanding men to fear God.

There are FOUR Gospels.

The writings of Peter are his interpretations of the Gospels.

Deuteronomy is not Christianity, it is a Jewish version of Mein Kampfe.

Lucidthots said:
There are FOUR Gospels.

The writings of Peter are his interpretations of the Gospels.

Deuteronomy is not Christianity, it is a Jewish version of Mein Kampfe.

Um, Peter wasn't the only one in the Bible who told people to fear God...

And yes, I agree: Deuteronomy is insane, and so is Leviticus.. but they ARE in the Bible and therefore open to Biblical criticism.

Back
Top Bottom