• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jesus Christ’s Resurrection Is Probably The Best-Documented Historical Event Ever

Were the Apostles Illiterate?

When the rulers and older men of Jerusalem “beheld the outspokenness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were men unlettered and ordinary, they got to wondering.” (Acts 4:13) Were the apostles really unlettered, or illiterate? Regarding this assertion, The New Interpreter’s Bible comments: “These terms are probably not to be taken literally as though Peter [and John] were unschooled and could not write or read. They simply recognize the profound difference in social class between those sitting in judgment and the apostles.”
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2008641

Talk about weak tea apologetics.

Matthew, Mark and John aren't their stories about Jesus? I didn't know that.

Go read what was said again… slowly.

16 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor."

Go read what was said again… slowly.
No Orphan Slug, I'm not playing games. I had an honest question. Maybe I'll get some straight answers. Or not.

The original sin was simply disobedience.

Romans 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

There is absolutely zero proof as to exactly who the authors of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were.

Which kinda wrecks “credibility” in most peoples eyes.

Why don't you skeptics EVER do your homework?

FYI, the early church fathers were UNANIMOUS that Matthew, Mark, Luke and John wrote the Gospels that bear their names, thus making Matthew and John (plus Peter via Mark and Peter in his epistle) CONTEMPORARY EYEWITNESSES TO JESUS AND HIS RESURRECTION. The authorship of the Gospels was not questioned until Faustus, nearly 400 years after the fact. Proximity matters in historiography. Those closest to the writings all stated that the author attribution was intact.” Here's the citations for Matthew and Mark. Luke and John are also available upon request):

Matthew

https://renewal-theology.com/2019/04/15/1-church-fathers-and-matthews-gospel/

Mark Authorship

https://renewal-theology.com/2019/04/15/2-church-fathers-and-marks-gospel/

If I gave you 6 names now and then told you and others that they walked with the messaih, would you beleive me? If so I'm told Scar, Tristan, Dug, Jody, Pete and Ralph all walked with the messiah yesterday and they said you were wrong. Now, that's two more people than saw so called Jesus, so you MUST beleive me lol. Christians at the core are so gullible.

No, you're the gullible one because you failed to do proper research.

Here's why your argument fails: https://debatepolitics.com/threads/...-historical-event-ever.478343/post-1075770709

None of the stories were written by anyone who met him. The earliest was written 40 years after he died.

The "Earliest Mention of the Resurrection" goes back to just a handful of years after the event.

The 1st Corinthians Creed:

“For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.” – Paul, 1 Corinthians 15:3-8.

“Even critical scholars usually agree that it (The 1st Corinthians Creed) has an exceptionally early origin.” Ulrich Wilckens declares that this creed “indubitably goes back to the oldest phase of all in the history of primitive Christianity.” (8) Joachim Jeremias calls it “the earliest tradition of all.” (9) Even the non-Christian scholar Gerd Ludemann says that “I do insist that the discovery of pre-Pauline confessional foundations is one of the great achievements in the New Testament scholarship.”

"The majority of scholars who comment think that Paul probably received this information about three years after his conversion, which probably occurred from one to four years after the crucifixion. At that time, Paul visited Jerusalem to speak with Peter and James, each of whom are included in the list of Jesus’ appearances (1 Cor. 15:5, 7; Gal. 1:18–19).This places it at roughly A.D. 32–38."

Link the video or go home!

16 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor."

Exactly!

"Who is the liar? It is the person who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is antichrist." - 1 John 2:22

Happy Easter @Logician Man, this is a more direct path to what you want:D0452BBB-9B0A-4FDB-B98A-020B701B440C.jpeg

None of the stories were written by anyone who met him. The earliest was written 40 years after he died.
Paul before when named Saul met Jesus on the road.

Exactly!

"Who is the liar? It is the person who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is antichrist." - 1 John 2:22

They are the wedding guest at the event without a proper wedding garment.

The original sin was simply disobedience.

Romans 5:19
For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The basic MYTH of Christianity.

Exactly!

is lying about other people okay?

Fallacy. Because something wasn’t questioned doesn’t mean it is true. It wasn’t questioned for the longest time that the sun revolved around the Earth, that doesn’t make it true. Thank you for proving me right and yourself wrong. Fallacies are all you have.

Compelling argument
============

Every other consequential person of history came into the world to live. The death of other religious leaders—such as Abraham, Moses, Buddha, Mohammad, and Confucius—brought an anticlimactic end to their lives and their work.

But Christ came into the world as God’s son in order to die and pay the price for man’s sin. His sacrifice was the ultimate climax of his life, done for the benefit of all mankind—opening the way to eternal life in heaven for all who believe.

Of the four major world religions built on personalities, only Christianity claims its founder is still alive, having overcome death through resurrection. No Jew ever believed that, after Abraham died and was interred, his tomb ever became empty. After Buddha died, no disciple ever claimed that he or she saw or spoke to him again.

What a load of crap!

The source is impeccable, too!!

The Federalist, LOL!

1650202364997.jpeg
1650202441530.png
1650202494183.jpeg

….something, something, craven images……

Back
Top Bottom