• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jen Psaki Is A Lying Liar Who Lies: Insane Gas Prices Edition

Examples?
sorry. I don't play games. You know as well as I how many times the GOP has voted to kill or block anything to do with getting us off of fossil fuel. Enjoy your day.

sorry. I don't play games. You know as well as I how many times the GOP has voted to kill or block anything to do with getting us off of fossil fuel. Enjoy your day.
The response I expected .. blah blah blah ... and when challenged .. nothing.

Right, and you raised the topic of the grossly out of context fragment, which I debunked, yet again. That the lie continues to be preached as the fact demonstrates my point, doesn't it?

Press secretaries are there to push the administration's 'message of the day'.
The spin of that message is typically dishonest spin, the more the administration wants to hid what their policies will do, or how they'll do it, the most dishonest the spin.
I've noted that Pstaki spins very hard all the time. She's very good at this.

From my view, the policies of the Trump administration were better than the policies of this administration.
I'm sure that we'll disagree on this.

I don't understand your fixation on who was or was not a 'class act', in your subjective judgement.

As to effectiveness of the prior admin's Press Secretaries in getting the 'message of the day' out, I think Mcenany was probably most effective.
1646840081153.jpeg

Gas prices were rising before this nut good try on the lie Jen
Revisiting The Blame For High Gas Prices

No article of mine has generated more views and more reader feedback than my piece in March of this year: Who Is To Blame For Rising Gasoline Prices? At present, there are nearly 900,000 views, and I continue to get reader feedback over this article on a weekly basis.

The feedback is invariably from men who are angry that Joe Biden is in the White House and it is along the lines of “I bet you feel stupid now” or “Even an idiot can see that Biden is the one who drove up gasoline prices.”
==============================
After a couple of exchanges, they would say “OK, I agree with what you are saying.” I engaged half a dozen readers, and in every case they backed away from their initial angry reaction.

But it’s not a productive use of my time to convince readers one by one that they are operating under misconceptions. I ultimately decided to write this article to address some of the most common misconceptions.

The gist of the article is that there are few actions a president can take to impact gasoline prices in the short term. Those few actions historically have been 1). Release oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve; 2). Increase gasoline taxes; or 3). Engage in a war in the Middle East.
============================

First, immediately upon assuming office, President Biden cancelled the Keystone XL pipeline permit. The project had been rejected by President Obama in late 2015, fast-tracked by President Trump in 2017, and now once more rejected by President Biden in 2021.

Then, Biden suspended new oil and gas leasing and drilling permits for federal land and water.

Those actions, readers were quick to point out, were clearly were behind the rise in gasoline prices. I was willfully blind not to see that, I was told.

Look, I am not defending President Biden’s energy policies. I had already been critical of Biden’s energy decisions. In January I had written The Inherent Risks In President Biden’s Energy Plan, which criticized moves like the Keystone XL cancellation. So I fully understand how these decisions can impact oil and gasoline prices in the longer term — but not in mere months.

For those who insisted that Biden’s actions had quickly driven up gasoline prices, I asked them to explain. They would respond that these moves could eventually restrict oil supplies. True, but not for years. Keystone XL might have impacted oil supplies a decade from now. The oil markets don’t react in real time to events like this.
=================================
So, What’s the Explanation?

Note when oil and gasoline prices began to rise. That rise started in May 2020. Between the first week of May 2020 and the last week of December 2020, oil prices had tripled. Was President Trump to blame for this?

No, the reason oil and gasoline prices rose is that the economy started to open back up from the Covid-19 shutdowns. Those shutdowns had negatively impacted a couple of million barrels of U.S. oil supplies, and those supplies were slow to bounce back once the economy opened back up. That’s why we have soaring oil and gasoline prices.

Keep in mind that the entire world has experienced this. Do people honestly believe that cancellation of the Keystone XL pipeline drove up gasoline prices in Tokyo? Further, this price rise has taken place across most commodities. We have seen soaring lumber prices, base metals prices, cotton, oats, sugar — all primarily associated with the Covid-19 impacts on the economy.

Much more at link:

Since you are an expert .. tell me .. what lies are we sharing?
BOOM!!!!! another dodge, who said we are sharing lies? LMAO
I love it, just keep digging that hole deeper!

we are still in the same spot, your false narrative that our current gas issues are the fault of the president or this admin and that not allowing leases on government land is a factor at all in our current situation and , my point that i made when i said " tell us you have no clue about how oil, gas permits work without telling us you have no clue about how oil, gas permits work " still stands

please let us know when that changes, thanks again!

😂🍿

The response I expected .. blah blah blah ... and when challenged .. nothing.
when challenged the truth, facts, the TC won't accept it, so why should I put it out there when you can google my statement in a couple of seconds?

BOOM!!!!! another dodge, who said we are sharing lies? LMAO
I love it, just keep digging that hole deeper!

we are still in the same spot, your false narrative that our current gas issues are the fault of the president or this admin and that not allowing leases on government land is a factor at all in our current situation and , my point that i made when i said " tell us you have no clue about how oil, gas permits work without telling us you have no clue about how oil, gas permits work " still stands

😂🍿
You keeping talking dodges ... yet .. all I see is responses to individuals. I have a challenge for you to provide opinion ... Stop dodging opinion and actually contribute.

You keeping talking dodges ... yet .. all I see is responses to individuals. I have a challenge for you to provide opinion ... Stop dodging opinion and actually contribute.
I don't deal with people in denial or ignorance. Sorry.

The Biden, and more so his administration, have established a track record of attacking the petroleum industry, even during his campaign.

Alaska production at historic lows:

1646845725431.png

Likely capacity there to make up the Russia volume as well as probably some more.
  • The comments also come after the Biden administration last week began delaying decisions on new oil and gas leases after a federal judge blocked the administration from using higher climate change cost estimates when regulating polluting industries.
  • The ruling stems from President Biden's decision on his first day in office to restore the climate cost estimate to $51 per ton of carbon dioxide emissions, up from the $7 it was slashed to during the Trump administration.
Alaska ready to increase oil, gas production if Biden admin allows: Gov. Dunleavy
Dunleavy argues the US should be pushing for increased production of oil, natural gas amid tension overseas​

It is Biden's policies of hostility to this industry which has placed the nation in this energy crisis. As if it were planned. It certainly was foreshadowed during his campaign.

Thanks Biden voters. This was predicted before the election.

This US energy crisis is one which was created by the Green Energy policies of this administration, and the impact of the Green Energy policies.
Biden owns it. Biden's administration owns it. The Democrats own it.

All this flailing about by the left is to try and avoid, squelch, silence those facts, a typical tactic of the left, silence the facts that which they don't like, and push the political narrative they do like.

choochoo and the dodges keep coming
my "opinion" isnt needed nor matters just like yours, the fact remains you cant back up your false claims
so here we are still in the same spot, your false narrative that our current gas issues are the fault of the president or this admin and that not allowing leases on government land is a factor at all in our current situation and , my point that i made when i said " tell us you have no clue about how oil, gas permits work without telling us you have no clue about how oil, gas permits work " still stands

😂🍿

I don't deal with people in denial or ignorance. Sorry.
Yes .. yes ... glad I have 1 less person to respond to with the decisions their leadership is prescribing... Sure hope you / family enjoy paying $5+/gallon on fuel for their vehicles.

Yes .. yes ... glad I have 1 less person to respond to with the decisions their leadership is prescribing... Sure hope you / family enjoy paying $5+/gallon on fuel for their vehicles.
if your party would have supported getting off fossil fuels, we might not be paying $5 a gallon for fuel.

if your party would have supported getting off fossil fuels, we might not be paying $5 a gallon for fuel.
sigh ...

If the current party took advantage of the vast domestic supply we have .. selling it and using it internally, we wouldn't have $5/gallon. Regardless, Biden is the leader and as Americans are paying $4+/gallon and/or unable to fill their vehicles with fuel ... they will only blame the current administration ...

sigh ...

If the current party took advantage of the vast domestic supply we have .. selling it and using it internally, we wouldn't have $5/gallon. Regardless, Biden is the leader and as Americans are paying $4+/gallon and/or unable to fill their vehicles with fuel ... they will only blame the current administration ...
It's going to get a lot higher yet, just as Biden, more so his administration's radicals, and the Green Energy radicals have wanted for a long time. Hope they also enjoy the crashing economy, as we saw in the mid-70's and the oil embargo.

Joe Biden kept saying that the Ukraine Invasion was going to happen.

Yet..... he never once mentioned to America that it would affect oil prices and that he was going to work with the oil companies to offset oil supplies.

He's leading from the rear.

But every Debate Politics liberal regurgitates what ever spin comes out of the mouth of his "liar for hire" like the good little cultists that they are.

sigh ...

supply and demand, booming economy and now war are the cause of higher gas prices, oh plus if your party would not have blocked or supported any bills to get us off oil, we wouldn't be in this mess.

supply and demand, booming economy and now war are the cause of higher gas prices, oh plus if your party would not have blocked or supported any bills to get us off oil, we wouldn't be in this mess.
One can justify it different ways ... regardless, Biden is president and needs to lead. Fortunately for the right, all we have to do is sit back and let the non-leadership unfold. Midterms .... 8-ish months away.

trump-supporting liars are GOPootin traitors

Wow. Red was using her verbal linguistic gymnastics to the fullest yesterday.

She lies like a rug.
———

President Joe Biden’s Press Secretary Jen Psaki tried to evade White House responsibility for soaring gas prices Monday, casting blame solely on overseas turmoil in Ukraine.

Gas prices hit a national average of $4.06 a gallon, according to AAA, this week reaching a new high not seen since 2008 when prices reached their all-time peak at $4.11.

Gas prices have been on the rise since Biden took office, his war on fossil fuels it responsible for just about all of it. The Russian problem is a small part of our supply due to the cutting of oil permits, pipeline permits and over regulation by Biden. If we had stayed the course we were on we would not see this massive increase because we would not be 1 million barrels a day less than we were preBiden. EIA

l has been on the

One can justify it different ways ... regardless, Biden is president and needs to lead. Fortunately for the right, all we have to do is sit back and let the non-leadership unfold. Midterms .... 8-ish months away.
he is, too bad you guys don't get that. But then you don't like someone who is not a con. Considering the messes left by the prior administration he is doing quite well IMO. A lot can happen between now and November!!

Gas prices have been on the rise since Biden took office, his war on fossil fuels it responsible for just about all of it. The Russian problem is a small part of our supply due to the cutting of oil permits, pipeline permits and over regulation by Biden. If we had stayed the course we were on we would not see this massive increase because we would not be 1 million barrels a day less than we were preBiden. EIA

wrong! Ever hear of supply and demand?? Also a war, and also people flocking back to work in a booming economy. But nice try! If we had gotten off oil years ago, we wouldn't be in this mess, would we?

Back
Top Bottom