• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jen Psaki Is A Lying Liar Who Lies: Insane Gas Prices Edition

Greatest press secretary ever. I hope she never moves on from this position.
And of course Trump lovers calling her a liar is such a joke.
Imagine Hitler supporters calling out others for being racists. That's how stupid it is for a Trumper to attempt to call someone else a liar.
I think Obama Press Secretary Josh Earnest earned that title and still holds it. Psaki ain't bad though. She is certainly miles again of the Trump clown car Press Secretaries.

Earnest making Obama look good is a God damned miracle.

I think Obama Press Secretary Josh Earnest earned that title and still holds it. Psaki ain't bad though. She is certainly miles again of the Trump clown car Press Secretaries.

Earnest making Obama look good is a God damned miracle.
Hard to take that as a legitimate, remotely objective response given your last comment.

Hard to take that as a legitimate, remotely objective response given your last comment.
Obama sits right in the middle of the worst three Presidents of the modern era, each one worse than his predecessor:
- Bush 43, weak, a veritable IDIOT and poser
- Obama, vain and unbelievably weak, intent on being the smartest guy in the room when he was rarely the smartest guy in the room
- Trump, the Grand Poobah of bad Presidents, worst of the modern era and working on worst all time

Obama sits right in the middle of the worst three Presidents of the modern era, each one worse than his predecessor:
- Bush 43, weak, a veritable IDIOT and poser
- Obama, vain and unbelievably weak, intent on being the smartest guy in the room when he was rarely the smartest guy in the room
- Trump, the Grand Poobah of bad Presidents, worst of the modern era and working on worst all time
Not sure what you deem to be the "modern era" and it really doesn't matter.
We are all entitled to our opinions. But from my vantage point, yours continue to demonstrate much objectivity. So be it.

Biden had as little to do with the first $1.20 as he has had to do with the last $0.90.
Does that really matter? From an election standpoint, it doesn’t as that is where I view most of these things. Presidents have always taken credit for good economies and have always been blamed when the economy turns sour. Presidents have little control over the economy or in this case the price of a gallon of gas. If they did, we’d have all ups and no downs. Gas would be back to 19 cents a gallon when I grew up.

Long as presidents want the credit, they’ll get the blame. If presidents don’t want to get blamed, then stop taking the credit. Now that isn’t about to happen. The problem election wise is Biden has given the Republicans ready made political ads with his cancellation of the Keystone and his refusal to renew some oil leases on federal land. That Biden has taken the country off the path to energy independence to being dependent on foreign oil and energy by his cutbacks and cancellations. You can bet the GOP will roll out political ad after political ad blaming Biden. When it comes to politics, the truth, facts, mean little. It’s the perception of the voters, right, wrong or indifferent.

Democrats are going to vote for Democrats, Republicans for Republicans regardless of the economy, gas prices, who the candidates are, cost of food and housing, etc. It’s those in the middle, those who are non-affiliated, the less to non-partisan, the non-political junkie swing voters that each party will try to convince and sway their perceptions in their favor. Biden and the Democrats are in charge. Hence, being the party in power, the blame will fall on them. This is how it works, how it has worked forever. People don’t want to hear their president can’t control and isn’t responsible for something they think he should be doing something about. Whether he can or can’t, is irrelevant. He’s expected to. At least with the mushy middle in the world of swing voters.

If you voted for Biden, thank yourself for this high inflation

No Canadians voted for Biden yet we have high inflation, the same for Europe and the UK.

This Biden must be all powerful if he can cause inflation in Europe. All hail the Biden the most powerful entity in the world

Not sure what you deem to be the "modern era" and it really doesn't matter.
We are all entitled to our opinions. But from my vantage point, yours continue to demonstrate much objectivity. So be it.
Objectivity is generally considered a good thing. But I think you just misspoke intending to accuse me of subjectivity.

Modern era starts for some people with FDR. Others begin with the other Roosevelt. I prefer the earlier date.

Bush 43': Abdicated his power and his role as President to often to dedicated chicken hawks Cheney and Bolton who promptly got us into Iraq 2, clearly the worst geopolitical decision of the 20th century by this country. Got us in intending to decapitate the Iraqi government without any earthly idea what they would do after that. In fact Cheney and Bolton wanted to destabilize the Middle East even more than it was. Smooth guys, real smooth. Bush was something of a poser.

Bush did attack aids at its point of origin.....that is about the only positive thing I have to say about the guy.

Obama the strutting peacock was entirely out of his depth in foreign affairs and blundered constantly. He continued the appeasement of Putin well past where it should have been obvious what Putin was and what he was capable of. What he was not capable of was coming West. This was clear certainly by Obama's second term if not the first. Then there is Obama's "red line" in Syria....utterly comical. Weak weak weak, perennially weak. Then domestically, he simply did not know how to actually use the power of the Presidency turning eventually to buckets of EO's and snipping at the Congress from the podium of the WH...rather unseemly if you ask me. Though I often point out that the GOP declared war on him just for being a black man standing in the front door of the WH (how dare he!!!), he asked for the job now didn't he.

It is something of a shame that Hillary decided to run as it robbed Obama of a decent Sec of State no matter what the GOP wants to conjure up about her. Obama then picked Kerry to replace her!!!! YUK!!!!! Kerry is only surpassed by Tillerson as worst Sec of State of the modern era. I do applaud them for the JCPOA, though they could have gotten more out of it and not left themselves so exposed to criticism. Oblivious to history that document could have been a road back from the incredible mistakes we made with Iran in the 1950's punishing them because they would not follow suit and simply raise their robes and bend over the desk as was the practice of the Saudis.

Credit him for starting down the path of some sanity with regard to Healthcare maintenance in this country again regardless of the nonsense from the GOP who secretly admired the ACA and did not have anything resembling a better idea. Credit him for letting Former Fed chairman Ben Bernanke and former Treasury secretaries Henry Paulson and Timothy Geithner do their jobs to pull us out of the 2008 financial mess. However, Obama could not even ramrod gun control legislation after over 20 children were gunned down at Sandy Hook.

Then there is Donald....corrupt to the core, dedicated to dividing the country on purpose and not by accident. In love with Autocrats everywhere. He promptly ripped up the JCPOA dooming us to another two decades at least of an utterly failed relationship with Iran. Smooth Donald...real smooth. He deregulated with dynamite instead of a scalpel and his vaunted corp tax cut was too steep costing the treasury $600B right down the rat hole. Then allowed Miller and Sessions to ramrod sadistic border policies while shoving money at his useless border wall. Then comes Ukraine and the absolute atrocity of American atrocities, a palace coup DIRECTED FROM THE PALACE!!!!!

History will not treat any of these three goons well with Donnie the worst of the bunch by far and how about us. How did we roll snake eyes three times in a row.

wow, tell us you have no clue about how oil, gas permits work without telling us you have no clue about how oil, gas permits work 🤦‍♂️LMAO
Tell us how voters will respond in November who have no idea how oil / gas permits work, and will only see Democrats in control.. LMAO.. Consumers will continue spending more out of pocket due to inflation, wages being flat and higher energy costs ..

Going to be a great midterm, and it sucks to be the Biden administration. Now .. did you have a point to make?

Wow. Red was using her verbal linguistic gymnastics to the fullest yesterday.

She lies like a rug.
———

President Joe Biden’s Press Secretary Jen Psaki tried to evade White House responsibility for soaring gas prices Monday, casting blame solely on overseas turmoil in Ukraine.

Gas prices hit a national average of $4.06 a gallon, according to AAA, this week reaching a new high not seen since 2008 when prices reached their all-time peak at $4.11.

She's a lot like Mayor Pete. Ask them a question and they'll talk but when they stop talking you realize you got a reply but not a response.

She lies like a rug.
———

President Joe Biden’s Press Secretary Jen Psaki tried to evade White House responsibility for soaring gas prices Monday, casting blame solely on overseas turmoil in Ukraine.

Gas prices hit a national average of $4.06 a gallon, according to AAA, this week reaching a new high not seen since 2008 when prices reached their all-time peak at $4.11.

It's her job. Be realistic.

Tell us how voters will respond in November who have no idea how oil / gas permits work, and will only see Democrats in control.. LMAO.. Consumers will continue spending more out of pocket due to inflation, wages being flat and higher energy costs ..
Translation: you are deflecting and cant defend your claim with any facts LMAO Got it . . . . thats what I thought
Now .. did you have a point to make?
yep and i clearly did, then you halirious further proved me right, thanks! LMAO
😂🍿

Objectivity is generally considered a good thing. But I think you just misspoke intending to accuse me of subjectivity.
"Accuse" is perhaps not the word I would use, but yes, I find several of your comments to be quite subjective. But again, we are all entitled to our own opinions so no big deal.

She lies like a rug.
———

From the other thread on this
"That accusation is a complete red herring," Bradbury told Fox Business. "It's really a distraction from the fact that this administration has paused leasing on federal lands, something that we're concerned about and something that we think needs to continue right away. The fact is that industry is producing at a higher level on existing leases on federal lands than in the last 20 years and these leases take many years to explore, to develop and produce on."

Please explain how future oil will help prices now?

Translation: you are deflecting and cant defend your claim with any facts LMAO Got it . . . . thats what I thought

yep and i clearly did, then you halirious further proved me right, thanks! LMAO
😂🍿
always the same outcome with you .. sigh ... not sure I want to even burn more calories with an unproductive conversation .. again ..

Yet .. I'll try again .. Do you agree or disagree that the Biden administration has discouraged the production of fossil fuel development in the United States? Simple yes or no answer.

always the same outcome with you .. sigh ... not sure I want to even burn more calories with an unproductive conversation .. again ..

Yet .. I'll try again .. Do you agree or disagree that the Biden administration has discouraged the production of fossil fuel development in the United States? Simple yes or no answer.
we need to move past fossil fuel asap.....or we will go through this again and again and again and again. Questions?

we need to move past fossil fuel asap.....or we will go through this again and again and again and again. Questions?
Do recognize that "moving past fossil fuels" means getting the "cold dead hands" of the fossil fuel industry off our government. No industry has more successfully shaped US domestic and international policy to its wishes. Even the gun control lobby has not been anywhere near as successful and driven US policy so hard to its own ends.

"Accuse" is perhaps not the word I would use, but yes, I find several of your comments to be quite subjective. But again, we are all entitled to our own opinions so no big deal.
Well you are certainly welcome to pose a counter-argument to post #57 or any part of it. Don't let me stop you.

yes .. will you accept the ridiculous prices we'll see at the gas pump, and how will that be solved?

yes .. will you accept the ridiculous prices we'll see at the gas pump, and how will that be solved?
if we would have gotten off oil years ago, we wouldn't be having this problem..Agree?

Do recognize that "moving past fossil fuels" means getting the "cold dead hands" of the fossil fuel industry off our government. No industry has more successfully shaped US domestic and international policy to its wishes. Even the gun control lobby has not been anywhere near as successful and driven US policy so hard to its own ends.
sad and very true......we are far to beholden to the gigantic oil lobby!!!

Maybe in the mind of an undiscerning Chumper.

Controversy engulfed Sarah Sanders during her tenure as Press Secretary.

No so for Jen Psaki.

Lack of reporting doesn't mean non-existence. Just means the 'news' (DNC political propaganda) media is doing as their political activism dictate.

Shit man, she stands up there ever day lying her ass off, yet no one in the 'news' media dare call her out on any of it.

Back
Top Bottom