• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

January 6th explained

I cited the NY Post since I think it might appeal to trump supporters.

Meadows knew. There is a link between the riot and the WH.

“We had intel reports saying that there could potentially be violence on the 6th,” Hutchinson told the select committee in the first of her two depositions, one in February and another in March."

“I know that people had brought information forward to [Meadows] that had indicated that there could be violence on the 6th,” she said."

And the Guardian , being a respectable newspaper, also reported this -

"Hutchinson testified that she heard White House attorneys tell Meadows and other officials – including “certain” but unspecified congressmen – that trying to certify a Trump win in that manner “did not comply with the law” and “was not legally sound”.

This gets closer to being able to show intent.

Flynn was supposed to be working with the DOD. He contacted Ray Epps.

Roger Stone , Steve Bannon shared contacts with both the Oath Keepers and the Proud boys.

Eastman and Guiliani were working with reps + Cruz on the hill to get the election eventually to SCOTUS.

Jeffery Clark was doing a daily presser for trump at DOJ.

All on January 5th, 2021

The first Eastman Memo

Attachments

• eastman-memo.pdf
    83.7 KB · Views: 4
The second Eastman memo

Attachments

• Eastman memo 2.pdf
    123.7 KB · Views: 3

"When the Capitol was finally cleared, Wilson joined Rhodes in a suite at the Phoenix Park Hotel, just blocks from the Capitol, and listened to Rhodes call someone on a speaker phone, Wilson admitted. Wilson told investigators he heard “Rhodes repeatedly implore the individual to tell President Trump to call upon groups like the Oath Keepers to forcibly oppose the transfer of power,” the court records state. “This individual denied Rhodes’s request to speak directly with President Trump. After the call ended, Rhodes stated to the group, ‘I just want to fight.’”

soap box, I don't think your conspiracy theory about the Trump Administration and January 6, 2020 are that far off the mark. In fact, I think you're more right than wrong.

Peter Navarro laid out The Plan on CNN, but he was quick to say the rioters ruined things because it was only suppose to be a protest. I personally believe he only said that because he knows if the truth comes out and it is determined that those meetings with members of the Oath Keepers and the Proud Boys in the White House were actually "strategy sessions" on how they could be a disruptive force that day as the Electoral College vote count was underway, they'd likely be held criminally for insurrection.

Lots concerning the planning, organization and events of January 6, 2020 is still unknown but based on what's been revealed about events of that day and who all were involved from PACs, the Oath Keepers/Proud Boys to members of Congress, I'm convinced the Capital Riot was not a spontaneous event.

soap box, I don't think your conspiracy theory about the Trump Administration and January 6, 2020 are that far off the mark. In fact, I think you're more right than wrong.

Peter Navarro laid out The Plan on CNN, but he was quick to say the rioters ruined things because it was only suppose to be a protest. I personally believe he only said that because he knows if the truth comes out and it is determined that those meetings with members of the Oath Keepers and the Proud Boys in the White House were actually "strategy sessions" on how they could be a disruptive force that day as the Electoral College vote count was underway, they'd likely be held criminally for insurrection.

Lots concerning the planning, organization and events of January 6, 2020 is still unknown but based on what's been revealed about events of that day and who all were involved from PACs, the Oath Keepers/Proud Boys to members of Congress, I'm convinced the Capital Riot was not a spontaneous event.

Yes , I had forgotten Navarro, holy cow! It's a complicated series of events involving many characters.
Stay informed, new details are coming out daily.

Flynn was supposed to be working with the DOD. He contacted Ray Epps.
Roger Stone , Steve Bannon shared contacts with both the Oath Keepers and the Proud boys.
Eastman and Guiliani were working with reps + Cruz on the hill to get the election eventually to SCOTUS.
Jeffery Clark was doing a daily presser for trump at DOJ.
All on January 5th, 2021
a funny thing happens to Flynn on his way to the bank...
-peace
1652321761781.png

Yes , I had forgotten Navarro, holy cow! It's a complicated series of events involving many characters.
Stay informed, new details are coming out daily.
House Minority Leader, Rep. Kevin McCarthy, and four other House Republicans were handed summons to appear before the J6 commission today. So, let's see if any new information is revealed or confirmed.

Source: USAToday.com

"Kenneth Polite Jr., the assistant attorney general for the criminal division, and Matthew Graves, the U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia, wrote to the panel’s investigative lead on April 20, saying the committee has conducted interviews that “may contain information relevant to a criminal investigation we are conducting.”

If they read the transcripts of testimony from members of Pence's staff, they will get the full story.

If I may borrow a quote from my esteemed colleague @HangLow
( Washington Post)

University of Michigan law professor Barbara McQuade, a former U.S. attorney, has made the most thorough case for indictments.
Trump pressured Vice President Mike Pence to block congressional certification of Joe Biden’s victory in the 2020 presidential race.
Trump engaged in this pressure campaign even though many people
— including federal judges, state officials, and his own advisers
— had indicated that he lost the election, the widescale fraud he kept invoking had not occurred, and the Constitution now demanded that Biden take office.
This course of behavior, McQuade argues, broke two laws.
It was a corrupt attempt to obstruct or impede an official proceeding, and
it was a conspiracy to defraud the U.S

June 10, 2022

Select Committee public hearings

The select committee revealed that it intends to bring witnesses in future public hearings that are eyewitnesses to a white house meeting on December 18 '20 which included trump, Sydney Powell, Rudy Guiliani, Michael Flynn and others. Their discussion that night included martial law and led to later discussions of having the army seize voting machines.

The date is significant because the states had ratified their EC slates.

That same night , Dec 18, trump tweeted that a rally in DC, " will be wild" .

The presentation included videos of protesters who thought they were doing what trump either asked or told them to do.

The following hearings will include witnesses with more detail about the phone call in which trump asks for 11,780 votes.

The importance tonight is that trump lied about fraud to force his will on the will of the voters.

They ran out of legal options and force was the only chance they had left.

But are we a nation that settles our differences with force?

The oath of office has meaning and its dereliction of duty is the crime we have witnessed.

Last edited:
From committee hearing,

“President Trump oversaw a sophisticated seven-part plan to overturn the 2020 election and prevent the transition of presidential power.

1. President Trump engaged in a massive effort to spread false and fraudulent information to the American public claiming the 2020 election was stolen from him.

2. President Trump corruptly planned to replace the Acting Attorney General, so that the Department of Justice would support his fake election claims.

3. President Trump corruptly pressured Vice President Pence to refuse to count certified electoral votes in violation of the US Constitution and the law.

4. President Trump corruptly pressured state election officials, and state legislators, to change election results.

5. President Trump’s legal team and other Trump associates instructed Republicans in multiple states to create false electoral slates and transmit those slates to Congress and the National Archives.

6. President Trump summoned and assembled a violent mob in Washington and directed them to march on the US Capitol.

7. As the violence was underway, President Trump ignored multiple pleas for assistance and failed to take immediate action to stop the violence and instruct his supporters to leave the Capitol."

Is there anything in this that's not a fact?

I know you're right about that , crowd psych, by all accounts it was a small number that manipulated others, and a small percentage that caused all the trouble.

Did you hear about the court case just three days ago , Dustin Thompson, shows how blaming it on trump is no defense. Dustin is responsible for Dustin. That's the legal view , but the intrinsic view admits that some people really felt that they understood what trump wanted;
Dominic Pezzola, a member of the Proud Boys:
“The boss of the country said, ‘People of the country, come on down, let people know what you think,’”

And so many did. All sorts of people had all sorts of different reasons to be at the Capitol. It seems like they had lots of different understandings of events too. You're right, some people got caught up in the moment and it was a spontaneous reaction , an improvisation with the crowd. A lot of defendants have testified that they were shocked too. That's true Emily , I thank you for reading this far down and I'm sure lots of others quit at the first comma. This question is like a huge detective story and I have to wait for the clues. It's a working hypothesis, who knows? That's the fun part
I wonder if I will hear anything about my “theory” from day of:

That there were some in the crowd going after the actual paper certifications.

This because somehow the ceremonial boxes were left behind when they abandoned the room and it was some anonymous aid that got them secured. Also, the videos of guys ransacking that room looking for “papers”.

Like you I just made a post about it just in case anything like that turned up.

But I agree that the four you mention were hip deep in all of this.

I wonder if I will hear anything about my “theory” from day of:

That there were some in the crowd going after the actual paper certifications.

This because somehow the ceremonial boxes were left behind when they abandoned the room and it was some anonymous aid that got them secured. Also, the videos of guys ransacking that room looking for “papers”.

Like you I just made a post about it just in case anything like that turned up.

But I agree that the four you mention were hip deep in all of this.

Yes, hip deep they were !
I'm an equal opportunity theory tester. You chose that scenario even though there were differing possibilities that were equally likely. Your theory is one scenario that has a reason that makes more sense than other possible likely explanations. But without a reason we're betting on guesses like betting on horses.

I know you're right about a group of protesters who saw J6 through that lens of official legal documents. But my only question is what about so many others who went inside the capitol.
Didn't protesters who went inside the capitol have many different reasons for getting there ? Some , many seemed oblivious to the state certificates in post arrest interviews. Some were so mad they just wanted to raise hell. I remember reading something about the group your theory covers. I know it's true.

Well, picture this scenario. You kill Mike Pence. Who is VP authorized to count the votes after he's dead? Trump appoints a new VP who will do what he wanted--refuse to certify the election for Biden. Then what? Of course, our antiquated constitution is silent on this matter as it is on a great many--the silence that is exploited at every turn.
This is the correct answer pence was pressured to either go along with the Trump and Eastman plan or he was going to be killed. I was always confused about why it was reported that tactical teams from the proud boys in oath keepers directly headed towards the underground location where Pence was being kept and told he was not allowed to leave the White House. It was reported that Pence thought he would be killed. It was reported that Trump gave pence an ultimatum after which the crowd started chanting hang Mike Pence… but it has never been reported that they tried to kill Mike Pence? It is no conspiracy theory at all that that was their intention, whether or not it was trumps intention is the only question. My suspicion is that the committee has the answer quite definitively.

After the assassination you would see martial law declared, Grassley would take over the hearings and the 25th amendment would be invoked. No I don’t think any of this is a conspiracy at all but I do want to know how much evidence there is tying Trump to whatever part of the plan came after he let the tactical team is loose on his VP. It is without a doubt the most heinous an un-American thing any president has ever done in the history of the nation. The most serious oversight of the OP was to minimize the role of meadows who seem to have the backing of more main stream Republicans than Trump. So ultimately did the coup fail because of poor planning, or because the Meadows faction decided that they had seen enough for one election and this could all be done without anybody dying in four years?

Historic treason.

This is the correct answer pence was pressured to either go along with the Trump and Eastman plan or he was going to be killed. I was always confused about why it was reported that tactical teams from the proud boys in oath keepers directly headed towards the underground location where Pence was being kept and told he was not allowed to leave the White House. It was reported that Pence thought he would be killed. It was reported that Trump gave pence an ultimatum after which the crowd started chanting hang Mike Pence… but it has never been reported that they tried to kill Mike Pence? It is no conspiracy theory at all that that was their intention, whether or not it was trumps intention is the only question. My suspicion is that the committee has the answer quite definitively.
There was a reason they brought zip ties. It wasn't a fashion statement.
After the assassination you would see martial law declared, Grassley would take over the hearings and the 25th amendment would be invoked. No I don’t think any of this is a conspiracy at all but I do want to know how much evidence there is tying Trump to whatever part of the plan came after he let the tactical team is loose on his VP. It is without a doubt the most heinous an un-American thing any president has ever done in the history of the nation. The most serious oversight of the OP was to minimize the role of meadows who seem to have the backing of more main stream Republicans than Trump. So ultimately did the coup fail because of poor planning, or because the Meadows faction decided that they had seen enough for one election and this could all be done without anybody dying in four years?

Historic treason.
And, it is the only explanation that fits in with the facts. It wasn't just a demonstration that got out of hand. This was planned.

Yes, hip deep they were !
I'm an equal opportunity theory tester. You chose that scenario even though there were differing possibilities that were equally likely. Your theory is one scenario that has a reason that makes more sense than other possible likely explanations. But without a reason we're betting on guesses like betting on horses.

I know you're right about a group of protesters who saw J6 through that lens of official legal documents. But my only question is what about so many others who went inside the capitol.
Didn't protesters who went inside the capitol have many different reasons for getting there ? Some , many seemed oblivious to the state certificates in post arrest interviews. Some were so mad they just wanted to raise hell. I remember reading something about the group your theory covers. I know it's true.
I’ll have to check that out. It was just a “hmmm?” Moment for me. Sometimes I get hints of things without knowing where they come from. Sometimes they’re weirdly accurate. So I try to record them when they come to me.

In case they happen.

Rep. Thompson answered "yes" when Jake Tapper asked if witnesses will testify that "extremest groups " had contacted people in "trump's orbit" . That would infer either the Oath Keepers, the proud boys, had communicated with White House staff, or Guiliani, Bannon, Flynn .He did not name people in the interview but repeated that witnesses would appear.

Thompson also promised, "And everything the public heard tonight is factual. We can prove it."

CSPAN reviews the facts.

What laws did trump break?

Trump attempted to subvert the election

Depriving state residents a fair and impartial election process 52 U.S.C. § 20511(2)(B)

Conspiracy to defraud 18 U.S.C. § 371

Attempting to obstruct and/or obstructing for a time Congress's certification of the 2020 presidential election

Obstruction of an Official Proceeding 18 U.S.C. § 1512

Conspiring to prevent, hinder, or delay by force Congress's final counting of the 2020 electoral college votes as part of a scheme to overthrow the government of the United States.

Back
Top Bottom