• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

January 6th explained

I dismissed everything you said once I saw you didn't capitalize Trump's name.
You're filled with hate, not logic.
Interesting, please explain an example of something that isn't logical here.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I had to scroll and check then I saw conspiracy theories :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
It's important to keep in mind that sometimes, conspiracy theories turn out to be accurate.

Not saying this one is, but I always keep that in mind, even while dismissing most because I quickly find the flaws.

The evidence has shown a connection between the White House and the riot. J6 means both the violence and the big lie.

This has been a mystery. A crucial piece of evidence is key. On January 6 at about 7 pm local, Guiliani left a voicemail, for the wrong person, and that simple mistake revealed and proved the link between the White House and the riot.

In his own voice - :30 ,
"The only strategy we can follow is to object to numerous states and raise issues so that we get ourselves into tomorrow — ideally until the end of tomorrow," he said. "So if you could object to every state and, along with a congressman, get a hearing for every state, I know we would delay you a lot, but it would give us the opportunity to get the legislators who are very, very close to pulling their vote."

"I know McConnell is doing everything he can to rush it, which is kind of a kick in the head because it's one thing to oppose us, it's another thing not to give us a fair opportunity to contest it,"

He mentioned "end of tomorrow" , which would've been January 7 .

"I know we would delay you a lot, but"

In this slight phrase he proves the motive and intent to stop an official function of government. Because if he doesn't stop it, he can't be president.

Guiliani revealed that the reason to have a riot was to stop the procedure long enough to have the states change their Electoral College slates. Even after the riot ended, Guiliani clung to the possibility that trump could still be president but it would take time. He begins the first thirty seconds before the quote above by talking about time.

The fact is that Guiliani had no evidence on January 5th, 6th or 7th. Also, people along the way wouldn't play along because no evidence showed up. The fake electors scheme fell apart before the new Year, McConnell insisted on finishing the vote that night. All because the evidence of significant fraud in the 2020 election never was and never had been.

The conspiracy theory is the BIG LIE and it led straight to J6.

"A wariness about appearing partisan, institutional caution, and clashes over how much evidence was sufficient to investigate Trump's actions, all contributed to the slow pace."

A significant number of influential agents were persuasive enough to prevent the FBI investigation into the former president's involvement in the events of January 6 from widening. They successfully argued for almost a year that evidence linking Trump to either the riot or the Electoral College challenges was insufficient.

In October 2022, Representatives on the J6 Committee revealed that they had data and testimony the FBI didn't.

"Geoff Bennett: So what then prompted the pivot within DOJ?

Aaron Davis: Because so much of the evidence that, ultimately, they began investigating, of course, with fake electors had been bubbling out... you can't deny that there was a lot of pressure put on DOJ by the House Select Committee and what they were turning up, by the wave of opprobrium from critics around the country."

In the weeks following J6, Wray and his staff closed down the suggestion that Trump should be investigated. They decided to start with the rioters and within a year there were almost 1000 convictions, including seditious conspiracy.
The resistance to raising the level of the investigation maintained by Trump supporters inside the FBI shows that the FBI is not monolithic in opposition to the former president. A debate of professional opinions was certainly heated at times, and prosecutorial discretion was clearly forcing a tentative approach to investigating further.

It also shows how the advanced results found through the House Select Committee on J6 convinced the FBI leadership that the evidence had grown in nature and certainty. Jack Smith was appointed less than a month after the Committee published its final report.

Back
Top Bottom