• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan. 6 White House logs given to House show 7-hour gap in Trump calls

Perhaps you should read the act before spouting off.

You mean this part?

(1)
Upon the conclusion of a President’s term of office, or if a President serves consecutive terms upon the conclusion of the last term, the Archivist of the United States shall assume responsibility for the custody, control, and preservation of, and access to, the Presidential records of that President. The Archivist shall have an affirmative duty to make such records available to the public as rapidly and completely as possible consistent with the provisions of this chapter.

Anyone else just not care about mycrofts routine today?

It's just getting so lame.

You're dismissed!

His thing is always lame. But sometimes it's awesome to read his stupid posts. Then you can be glad you're you and not him. That's what I always think when I read his idiotic posts.

I wonder if he's found Obama's secret Kenyan birth certificate yet.

You're dismissed!

His thing is always lame. But sometimes it's awesome to read his stupid posts. Then you can be glad you're you and not him. That's what I always think when I read his idiotic posts.

I wonder if he's found Obama's secret Kenyan birth certificate yet.
I'm in a mood and just tired of these people.

Anyone else just not care about mycrofts routine today?

It's just getting so lame.
Severe contortionist activity.

And we all laugh.

Similar to the 18-minute gap on the Nixon tapes, eh?
I don't think so...unless someone has been taping the Trump White House.

If they requested "the WHITE HOUSE phone logs" we are talking about phone logs of almost 2,000 people. I doubt that's what the dog and pony show was looking for. (At least, I HOPE they didn't engage in that kind of overreach.)
sealions.jpg

My understanding is that the WH call logs don't include calls on personal cell phones.

I think that phones for the official government officials are recorded.

But this crowd had a propensity for consistantly trying to avoid anything being part of any official record. Remember how Trump would meet with the Russians behind closed doors and then confiscate the transcipt from the translator?, Or how he insisted in tweeting on an unsecure phone. Or the way Giuliani called Trump from a restaurant in Kiev?

This was the same crowd who is still trying to make something of Hillary Clinton’s server. Yet they made effort to conceal what they were doing from the public record.

After all., when you’re plotting to overthrow the government, you almost have to.

But with all the other cofeve in the Trump regieme, this one was not well conceived and almost impossible to conceal.

Trumplicans might not care, but even those of us not Trump folks grow weary with the witch hunt.
Finding the culprits of the greatest assault on American democracy is not a witch hunt.... it is a righteous, imperative duty. Failing to bring the culprits to justice makes it that much easier for the smarter and craftier to pull off what Trump failed to pull off. If there is no justice now, there never will be justice for this type of crime. Without justice / the rule of law, we do not have a constitution and we do not have a United States of America.

You mean this part?

(1)
Upon the conclusion of a President’s term of office, or if a President serves consecutive terms upon the conclusion of the last term, the Archivist of the United States shall assume responsibility for the custody, control, and preservation of, and access to, the Presidential records of that President. The Archivist shall have an affirmative duty to make such records available to the public as rapidly and completely as possible consistent with the provisions of this chapter.

They don't care about our laws.

The problem is proving it.

We all know trump committed crimes, even his supporters
.the issue is the evidence.

It’s easy to tell where a phone is within a couple of meters. Even a burner phone.. if that number shows up in the phone records of others, that can pinpoint a lot.

It’s easy to tell where a phone is within a couple of meters. Even a burner phone.. if that number shows up in the phone records of others, that can pinpoint a lot.
Still talking on a burner isn't gonna amount to much

The problem is proving it.

We all know trump committed crimes, even his supporters
.the issue is the evidence.
Right now Trump's BEST CASE SCENARIO is that the Capitol was under attack and no one bothered to call him while it was happening, and he didn't bother to call anyone himself, like for instance, the DoD asking for help for the capitol police.

Trumplicans might not care, but even those of us not Trump folks grow weary with the witch hunt.
Witch hunt? And you are not a Trumpist?

My guess, you have no idea of what has transpired the last 5 years except in soundbite. That is the only possible explanation for such a canned reply to such an important subject.

Witch hunt? And you are not a Trumpist?

My guess, you have no idea of what has transpired the last 5 years except in soundbite. That is the only possible explanation for such a canned reply to such an important subject.
It isn't that. It's that it has become a multi-year long process of "SEE WHAT HE DID" only to have nothing materialize, CONTINUING years past he was defeated.

Right now Trump's BEST CASE SCENARIO is that the Capitol was under attack and no one bothered to call him while it was happening, and he didn't bother to call anyone himself, like for instance, the DoD asking for help for the capitol police.
But, others have said they talked to him that day, and they aren't on the log.

Back
Top Bottom