• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan. 6 White House logs given to House show 7-hour gap in Trump calls

???

This thread has nothing to do with Cruz.

You are dismissed.
Of course this thread has to do with Cruz. Trump spent this time planning to overturn the election. He had the “it’s time to heal. I’m seizing voting machines” speech ready. You definitely don’t know any of that though.

I would be surprised if you had read any news in the last 5 to 10 years

It's a bipartisan committee.
And I’d like to add they have lawyers if they appear. But bannon won’t because he already was pardoned by trump for defrauding people with a fake fundraiser and thought the election would be overturned so he’s terrified now. I wish Republicans would stop pretending that everything we know is just our imagination. These are not the droids you’re looking for. There is dignity somewhere but it sure is tough to pin down

Thought you should know that CNN has debunked this "phone log gap" hoax.

The mystery of the seven-hour gap has fueled furious speculation as to why calls are missing. That includes allegations that Trump was using “burner phones” (which he has denied) or that the logs were purposely suppressed.​
But the gap might have a less mysterious explanation.​
According to multiple sources familiar with Trump’s phone behavior and the White House switchboard records, the January 6 log reflects Trump’s typical phone habits. He mainly placed calls through the switchboard when he was in the residence but rarely used it when he was in the Oval Office. The fact the log does not show calls on January 6, 2021, from the Oval Office is not unusual, said the sources, because Trump typically had staff either place calls directly for him on landlines or cell phones. Those calls would not be noted on the switchboard log.​
The six pages of White House switchboard logs for January 6, 2021, are complete based on an official review of White House records, according to a source familiar with the matter. There are no missing pages and the seven-hour gap is likely explained by use of White House landlines, White House cell phones and personal cell phones that do not go through the switchboard.​

Sorry about that...
So instead of 7 hours of not logging who the President was talking to there are four years worth of gaps?

That not logging calls was part of doing business?

And people think that this is a good thing?

So instead of 7 hours of not logging who the President was talking to there are four years worth of gaps?

I believe the diarist adds calls she hears him on the phone with, but she was out sick most of the day. (I would have been sick, too--but maybe she really was.)

I believe the diarist adds calls she hears him on the phone with, but she was out sick most of the day. (I would have been sick, too--but maybe she really was.)
This is what is wild.

People are acting like Trump willy nilly talking to whoever without record as SOP is exculpatory but to me it makes it worse.

Four years? This has been going on for decades.

This is what is wild.

People are acting like Trump willy nilly talking to whoever without record as SOP is exculpatory but to me it makes it worse.
Obama did it too. The system is way outdated and with cell phones now, I don't know how they can keep a good record.

Obama did it too. The system is way outdated and with cell phones now, I don't know how they can keep a good record.
Did Obama leave those calls out of the Presidential diary?

I am quite certain that the Obama White House was waaaay more careful with keeping records than the Trump White House.

Did Obama leave those calls out of the Presidential diary?

I am quite certain that the Obama White House was waaaay more careful with keeping records than the Trump White House.
Everyone was more careful about keeping records than Trump, it sounds like. I doubt if Obama flushed any, either, or took multiple boxes of records meant for the National Archives home. Chaos .

Go read the CNN article.
I did... it has a "former staffer" saying that it would happen.

There are two separate records of Presidential calls.

I am willing to bet a lot that the Presidential diary of the Trump administration is a complete joke and to point to Obama and say "Well he did tooo" but probably not as SOP it still isn't a good look.

What we have is during an attack on the Capitol, the President of the United States making calls to people and we have no idea who and it is getting dismissed with "Well he did this all the time"

Seriously... we grade Trump on a curve compared to other Presidents.

I did... it has a "former staffer" saying that it would happen.

There are two separate records of Presidential calls.

I am willing to bet a lot that the Presidential diary of the Trump administration is a complete joke and to point to Obama and say "Well he did tooo" but probably not as SOP it still isn't a good look.

What we have is during an attack on the Capitol, the President of the United States making calls to people and we have no idea who and it is getting dismissed with "Well he did this all the time"

Seriously... we grade Trump on a curve compared to other Presidents.
First of all, I didn't say anything about Obama. You can take that canard and shove it.

Now...you seem to want to make a big deal about what happened during the Trump administration when it has happened during EVERY administration since the WH switchboard was installed. Sorry, but I just can't get as outraged as you seem to be over this.

You can bet whatever you like, but keep in mind that betting is nothing more than putting your money down on your own speculation. Me? I don't gamble.

If you want to get details about what went on that day, then I suggest you contact Nancy or one of the members of the House dog and pony show and tell them to stop wasting your time.

btw, since you brought up Obama, are you concerned that he was part of his administration's illegal, corrupt political targeting of a Presidential candidate and, later, a President-Elect? Are you as outraged over that? Do you want to know the contents of every call he made during that time? A transcript of every conversation he had with every person during that time? Or do you hypocritically give him a pass?

Look. Never mind. I don't care.

You and your Trump hatred are dismissed.

First of all, I didn't say anything about Obama. You can take that canard and shove it.

Now...you seem to want to make a big deal about what happened during the Trump administration when it has happened during EVERY administration since the WH switchboard was installed. Sorry, but I just can't get as outraged as you seem to be over this.

You can bet whatever you like, but keep in mind that betting is nothing more than putting your money down on your own speculation. Me? I don't gamble.

If you want to get details about what went on that day, then I suggest you contact Nancy or one of the members of the House dog and pony show and tell them to stop wasting your time.

btw, since you brought up Obama, are you concerned that he was part of his administration's illegal, corrupt political targeting of a Presidential candidate and, later, a President-Elect? Are you as outraged over that? Do you want to know the contents of every call he made during that time? A transcript of every conversation he had with every person during that time? Or do you hypocritically give him a pass?

Look. Never mind. I don't care.

You and your Trump hatred are dismissed.
It’s like talking to an AM radio.

Go read the CNN article.
I'm 100% sure you haven't read any articles about this. Why do you post things saying "this thing is nothing" when you could actually educate yourself instead of pretending to be educated? You're actually putting effort into remaining ignorant, that's not right. You think Obama targeted Trump? Illegally? Seriously? You actually think that?

SERIOUS question - news sources? For real, what do you choose to believe?

I'm 100% sure you haven't read any articles about this. Why do you post things saying "this thing is nothing" when you could actually educate yourself instead of pretending to be educated? You're actually putting effort into remaining ignorant, that's not right. You think Obama targeted Trump? Illegally? Seriously? You actually think that?

SERIOUS question - news sources? For real, what do you choose to believe?
LOL!! You are making a fool of yourself.

I read the CNN article and I posted the CNN article. Did you read the article? I doubt it.

You are dismissed.

LOL!! You are making a fool of yourself.

I read the CNN article and I posted the CNN article. Did you read the article? I doubt it.

You are dismissed.

OOOOOH you read the article you linked to? So why do you keep saying "debunked hoax" and "no gaps"? I DID read the article as it happens. Let's look:

Two former Trump officials believe this, plus the chaotic nature of the West Wing on January 6, is what led to the gaps in the call logs.

The missing calls appear to start when the diary notes Trump has moved from the residence to the Oval Office.

No explanation has been given so far why calls known to have been made in the hours Trump was in the Oval Office are not documented in the presidential diary.

Despite the gap in the call logs, the House select committee is relying on witness testimony, additional documents and phone records obtained via subpoena to begin piecing together who Trump spoke to that day.

When Mark Meadows took over as chief of staff, sources said he restricted the number of White House officials who had access to the call logs, limiting the group to only a small number of top aides.

"As January 6th approached, President Trump attempted on multiple occasions to persuade Vice President Pence to participate in his plan. "

So you read that article? And you have repeatedly called the phone call log gap a "hoax" and "debunked" because...............

Bonus question, what was the plan discussed during the call Ivanka Trump was present for that multiple sources have described, but is missing from the records? I'll give you a hint, you said it "didn't exist" earlier in the thread. Seriously, why would you even say your read the article? My theory is you think the concept of reading an article is so boring that nobody would ever do such a thing. So nobody is really reading the articles. And a lot of people do think that way, but I actually do read the news. And it's very, very obvious you don't. And I have no problem with conservatives or conservative opinions, but I have a problem with your brand of intentional laziness.

Ya'll do know Trump is not the President and the problems the country is experiencing are extreme in just about every area. Biden is incompetent, a complete failure, and is ruining the state of the nation. To top it off it looks like he may lead us into a war with Russia because of his stupidity. Why don't you talk about something that matters, like Ukraine, Russia, the southern border, crime on the rise in America, inflation, gas prices growing, attempts by democrats to continue to hold the nation hostage to the masking and lock downs they have supported to extreme.
Common man, it's not as bad as you try to spin it. One more month of good jobs numbers and Biden will have the unemployment rate down below Trumps best number. While inflation is bad, Biden does not control the global markets.

The only reason there are so many south of the border trying to get in is because of the bottle neck Trump caused with some of his draconian orders. Some of which violated US and international laws.

Back
Top Bottom