• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan 6 Select Committee Hearings - are you watching

Sedition was already meantioned in the article he already submitted.

"The office of the United States attorney for the District of Columbia has a “Sedition Task Force” focused on the January 6 riot . . . but it doesn’t have a sedition case."
Not the specific point @eohrnberger addressed with me, and only one of two specific points I raised, but thanks for trying to be helpful. ;)

But, this wasn't a violent public disturbance was it. It was a mission. It was planned, and executed to stop those who were trying to transfer the power of this country.

Weapons were brought, conversations were had, it wasn't a peaceful protest that got rowdy because of a few, it wasn't a riot. To compare it to such just makes you wrong.
I find it more and more difficult to tolerate the deliberate mendacity that pervades right wing commentary, especially in this forum. I spent 30 years wearing the uniform of this nation on the basis of patriotism and reverence for the principles upon which it was founded. I consider the utter bullshit being spouted, minimizing the attack on our government and the foundation of our democracy, dishonestly belittling the efforts to establish a functioning investigation, not only particularly mendacious, but specifically anti-American - on the same order as Al Qaeda's and Putin's efforts to undermine those same foundations. These are precisely the people I swore an oath to protect the country from.

It was a legitimate investigation that bore fruit and resulted in multiple endictments and convictions.

Just a fact.
There's your problem, my friend. You are sticking to facts. Your correspondent only traffics in fantasy and mendacity. It is much easier to make things up than base them in reality.

Not likely, but monkeys and typewriters...
I'm strangely encouraged by this first day of the Jan 6 hearings. Our brave Capitol Police struck a strong blow against Fascism. We know this by the virulence of their response, by their lies and mockery. I couldn't be more pleased. 😁

I'm strangely encouraged by this first day of the Jan 6 hearings. Our brave Capitol Police struck a strong blow against Fascism. We know this by the virulence of their response, by their lies and mockery. I couldn't be more pleased. 😁
There you go again exaggerating and engaging in hyperbole about the events of the day calling it 'Fascism'.
It wasn't. At most is was a riot just like the 700+ riots of the previous 1 to 1/5 years previous.

'Let's get real' here.

I am, hence the positions which I've taken.
No, you’re attempting to minimize the events of January 6th, and conflating the attack on the seat of our federal government with protests/riots stemming from the longstanding issue of excessive force used by police against minorities.

Andrew McCarthy, the former federal prosecutor and staunch right wing ally who’s opinion you posted to support your own was 100% correct when he stated that Trump deserved to be impeached for profoundly violating his oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution.

I find it more and more difficult to tolerate the deliberate mendacity that pervades right wing commentary, especially in this forum. I spent 30 years wearing the uniform of this nation on the basis of patriotism and reverence for the principles upon which it was founded. I consider the utter bullshit being spouted, minimizing the attack on our government and the foundation of our democracy, dishonestly belittling the efforts to establish a functioning investigation, not only particularly mendacious, but specifically anti-American - on the same order as Al Qaeda's and Putin's efforts to undermine those same foundations. These are precisely the people I swore an oath to protect the country from.
We should never let the Trumphumpers forget that their standard bearers had a shot at an Independent Commission with equal subpoena power all around that had been negotiated by McCarthy's man and..........they then voted to turn it down.

As long as we keep ramming that simple fact down their throats and don't let the audience forget it, their feeble efforts to denigrate the Select Committee won't get very far. McConnell and McCarthy are Pelosi's bitches. Both got played like violins while in service to Derr Leader who likely sent orders from the Florida bunker. IMO, McConnell will survive Donnie. McCarthy won't. Jim Jordan is very nervous as well. Faux News forced him to admit that he talked to Donnie on 1/6 and was part of the WH planning committee for 1/6.

There you go again exaggerating and engaging in hyperbole about the events of the day calling it 'Fascism'.
It wasn't. At most is was a riot just like the 700+ riots of the previous 1 to 1/5 years previous.

'Let's get real' here.

It most resembled the Wilmington, NC riot of 1898.

No, you’re attempting to minimize the events of January 6th, and conflating the attack on the seat of our federal government with protests/riots stemming from the longstanding issue of excessive force used by police against minorities.

Andrew McCarthy, the former federal prosecutor and staunch right wing ally who’s opinion you posted to support your own was 100% correct when he stated that Trump deserved to be impeached for profoundly violating his oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution.
Seems like you are picking and choosing which of McCarthy's opinions you like and don't like. I wasn't arguing anything WRT McCarthy's opinion on the impeachment.

What you call 'minimize the events of January 6th' is really pushing back on the exaggeration and hyperbole that you, and many others, are needlessly and without foundation injecting due to political motivations and the dishonest excessively broad brush, painting any Trump supporter and any GOP as being the same as those that breached the capitol security barrier.

They are most certainly not all the same, and trying to paint them as the same is an example of the toxic politics being practiced by the left, if you ask me.

Not the specific point @eohrnberger addressed with me, and only one of two specific points I raised, but thanks for trying to be helpful. ;)

He did address one point on sedition in which you ignored and cherry picked the rest. As noted in the very first paragraph of the article and the exact passage he quoted in the post.

You totally skipped the mentioned sedition and went straight to terrorism. Which is why you were cherry picking and avoiding his answer on sedition.

Last edited:
It's ugly to watch the public figures do this. Partly because it would be to watch anyone act so casually about this, but also because it's surprising that it's Republicans who you always thought were really behind the military and police force. Realizing that was just a vote grabbing lie is opening some eyes.
Our politics these days are literally making me sick. I can't imagine how you feel after serving this country. Must be a real kick in the ass.

They are most certainly not all the same, and trying to paint them as the same is an example of the toxic politics being practiced by the left, if you ask me.

That's a fair point. Make sure you bring that up next time the inevitable thread pops up with the title "Leftists do this" or "leftists do that" when the attached article cites the bad conduct of a single person.

That's a fair point. Make sure you bring that up next time the inevitable thread pops up with the title "Leftists do this" or "leftists do that" when the attached article cites the bad conduct of a single person.
That'd be a fair point as well.

'Let's get real' here.

It's comical watching you say Dems are exaggerating. Telling them to "get real." LMAO ..................... Really?
While you think the GOP and Trump fans are down with reality huh? They aren't exaggerating a bit? Still to this day trying to stop the steal? Thinking Mike Pence is a trader because he didn't? Talk about exaggerating.

When you say this you hold no weight, none at all. Not one shred.

It's comical watching you say Dems are exaggerating. Telling them to "get real." LMAO ..................... Really?
While you think the GOP and Trump fans are down with reality huh? They aren't exaggerating a bit? Still to this day trying to stop the steal? Thinking Mike Pence is a trader because he didn't? Talk about exaggerating.

Those video clips were from1/6 were they?
('trader'? - I didn't know Pence was active on the Wall Street floor ;) )
When you say this you hold no weight, none at all. Not one shred.
You just lost whatever 'weight' you thought you had, right there.

Those video clips were from1/6 were they?
('trader'? - I didn't know Pence was active on the Wall Street floor ;) )

You just lost whatever 'weight' you thought you had, right there.
The only thing you've got is acting like the grammar police?

Knock yourself out. Gotta do the best you can with what you've got.

Seems like you are picking and choosing which of McCarthy's opinions you like and don't like.
You don’t pick and choose which opinions agree or disagree with?
I wasn't arguing anything WRT McCarthy's opinion on the impeachment.
I know that.

Convenient that McCarthy said Trump “profoundly violated his oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution” on January 6th and should’ve been impeached if only there had been enough time before he left office, but minimized, and outright ignored the most serious offenses committed by some of the attackers.
What you call 'minimize the events of January 6th' is really pushing back on the exaggeration and hyperbole that you, and many others, are needlessly and without foundation injecting due to political motivations and the dishonest excessively broad brush, painting any Trump supporter and any GOP as being the same as those that breached the capitol security barrier.

Bull shit.

Cite any exaggeration or hyperbole that I have posted in our discussion.

I have not stated, or implied, that all Trumpsters are the same as the crazy ass violent Trumpsters that attacked the Capitol building on January 6th.

In fact, I specified that those who planned/coordinated/participated with groups to delay/prevent the certification of Biden’s legitimate win, and those who planned/coordinated to harm, or even murder Pence, Pelosi, AOC, and other Dem officials are the ones guilty of sedition and insurrection.

Broadly and accurately speaking, every single Trumpster that participated in the attack on our Capitol broke laws and disgraced themselves, and should be punished to the fullest extent of our laws.

'Let's get real' here.

How many of them were at the capitol to destroy the peaceful transfer of power and keep the loser of an election, who encouraged them and said he loved them, in power?

I remember when Kennedy was shot, and I thought, you know, people get shot, what's the big deal?

This is really pathetic.

You don’t pick and choose which opinions agree or disagree with?

I know that.

Convenient that McCarthy said Trump “profoundly violated his oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution” on January 6th and should’ve been impeached if only there had been enough time before he left office, but minimized, and outright ignored the most serious offenses committed by some of the attackers.

Bull shit.

Cite any exaggeration or hyperbole that I have posted in our discussion.

I have not stated, or implied, that all Trumpsters are the same as the crazy ass violent Trumpsters that attacked the Capitol building on January 6th.

In fact, I specified that those who planned/coordinated/participated with groups to delay/prevent the certification of Biden’s legitimate win, and those who planned/coordinated to harm, or even murder Pence, Pelosi, AOC, and other Dem officials are the ones guilty of sedition and insurrection.

Broadly and accurately speaking, every single Trumpster that participated in the attack on our Capitol broke laws and disgraced themselves, and should be punished to the fullest extent of our laws.

I'd like to learn more about what McCarthy was thinking when he claimed that Russia was paying Trump.

Back
Top Bottom