• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan 6 Select Committee Hearings - are you watching

I guess the new Trumper buzz word is "Pelosi Republicans".
Not that I'd relish Liz Cheney crossing the aisle but the thought of two Republicans bolting the party would indeed be amusing, even more so if it were two Republican SENATORS.
That said, I do have a great deal of respect for both Cheney and Kinzinger.

Not that I'd relish Liz Cheney crossing the aisle but the thought of two Republicans bolting the party would indeed be amusing, even more so if it were two Republican SENATORS.
In a rational society it would NOT be amusing, but rather EXPECTED. The nation shakes their head at those GOPers who stay with the party that used to be the GOP

Both Cheney and Kinzinger are "dead politicians walking", but Democrats will gladly accept their Trump hating help before they are finally buried and forgotten.

In a rational society it would NOT be amusing, but rather EXPECTED. The nation shakes their head at those GOPers who stay with the party that used to be the GOP

Well, if they've both been stripped of all their committee posts and other honorariums, I see no reason why they shouldn't just declare themselves Independent.
It would also be great if a bunch of Republican Senators did the same.

I'll be watching. I don't much care for Cheney but have always liked Kinszinger. I wish Pelosi hadn't put Schiff on the Committee, I know that he has insight into the intelligence community but I think he fuels the notion this is simply all about Trump when it is not. .....which is not to say he won't be part of investigation. He will be, and rightly so, but Schiff has baggage that isn't helpful.

Nah, I won't watch any of it. We'll see how many do but my guess will be few. Just another Dem witch hunt, so useless and a waste of everyone's time.

Well, if they've both been stripped of all their committee posts and other honorariums, I see no reason why they shouldn't just declare themselves Independent.
It would also be great if a bunch of Republican Senators did the same.

I think Cheney sees herself as a savior of the party.

Both Cheney and Kinzinger are "dead politicians walking", but Democrats will gladly accept their Trump hating help before they are finally buried and forgotten.
Agreed.

Nah, I won't watch any of it. We'll see how many do but my guess will be few. Just another Dem witch hunt, so useless and a waste of everyone's time.

Wouldn't you like to find out if any legislators were involved in the insurrection, or why Trump never did anything to stop it?

If so, they will die on their feet rather than live on their knees in submission to one man.

Just another Dem witch hunt, so useless and a waste of everyone's time.
Didn't have to be but that was the only way Republicans could suppress the truth and frame it as nothing but a witch hunt. Apparently, it worked!

Agreed but she's about the only one who sees herself in that way.

Maybe. Maybe not. When a party turns itself over to the whims of one man, information that questions his omnipotence is apt to be suppressed.

Dog and pony show, made even less believable with the biggest liar in Congress, Schiff. And to top it off, being broadcast by the Communist News Network.
Sorry, I just don’t GAF.

Dog and pony show, made even less believable with the biggest liar in Congress, Schiff. And to top it off, being broadcast by the Communist News Network.
Sorry, I just don’t GAF.

It must be tough when your own side is complicit in a violent attack on democracy. I guess I wouldn't like an investigation into it either.

You are missing new video and it is violent. Those people were not peaceful in any sense of the word. The police were overwhelmed. If you think it’s a witch hunt maybe you should watch and actually make that decision based on fact, not some RW talking points.

It must be tough when your own side is complicit in a violent attack on democracy. I guess I wouldn't like an investigation into it either.
Then you must be having a tough time getting over 2020.

Anyone know roughly how many people actually invaded the Capitol building as opposed to those staying on the street?

Back
Top Bottom