• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan 6 Select Committee Hearings - are you watching

You don’t pick and choose which opinions agree or disagree with?
Fair. There are opinions that agree with and opinions I disagree with. I guess that is a sort of charry picking.
I know that.

Convenient that McCarthy said Trump “profoundly violated his oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution” on January 6th and should’ve been impeached if only there had been enough time before he left office, but minimized, and outright ignored the most serious offenses committed by some of the attackers.

Bull shit.

Cite any exaggeration or hyperbole that I have posted in our discussion.
Accusations of 'Terrorists', 'Seditionists', 'Insurrectionists', 'Traitors' are all exaggeration and hyperbole, as the charges filed will testify to, as per the cited McCarthy article.
It was a riot, and those that breached the capitol security barrier were in the wrong to do so the moment they did.
It was a riot, the same as the multiple riots in multiple cities over the course of the last 1 to 1 1/2 years.
I have not stated, or implied, that all Trumpsters are the same as the crazy ass violent Trumpsters that attacked the Capitol building on January 6th.
OK. Perhaps not you specifically, but you go and read the forum posts from the left leaning posters and those are the accusations you get, along with that most toxic of political broad brushes.
In fact, I specified that those who planned/coordinated/participated with groups to delay/prevent the certification of Biden’s legitimate win, and those who planned/coordinated to harm, or even murder Pence, Pelosi, AOC, and other Dem officials are the ones guilty of sedition and insurrection.
Chants during the heat of a protest become riot are rarely followed through to actual act. Recall 'Pigs in a blanket, Fry'em like bacon'? That wasn't followed through by those who chanted it either.
I have no love or support for those that 'planned/coordinated/participated with groups to' obstruct or disrupt congress. May the FBI / DOJ root them all out and charge them with violations they've committed.
Broadly and accurately speaking, every single Trumpster that participated in the attack on our Capitol broke laws and disgraced themselves, and should be punished to the fullest extent of our laws.
Agreed. No issues here.

He did address one point on sedition in which you ignored and cherry picked the rest. As noted in the very first paragraph of the article and the exact passage he quoted in the post.

You totally skipped the mentioned sedition and went straight to terrorism. Which is why you were cherry picking and avoiding his answer on sedition.
If you’re going to play wingman for @eohrnberger, the very least you can do is know what is actually said.

I didn’t cherry-pick anything. I made specific points and supported them, and I didn’t bring up terrorism.

Be a better wingman for your fellow Trumpster, or go find another conversation to make a fool of yourself in.

The only thing you've got is acting like the grammar police?

Knock yourself out. Gotta do the best you can with what you've got.
But nothing in respond to video clips that weren't from 1/6?
Yeah, I'd try to skip that if I were you as well.

If you’re going to play wingman for @eohrnberger, the very least you can do is know what is actually said.

I didn’t cherry-pick anything. I made specific points and supported them, and I didn’t bring up terrorism.

Be a better wingman for your fellow Trumpster, or go find another conversation to make a fool of yourself in.
Oh, my friend. That's not how it works. I seriously doubt he actually read anything anyone actually wrote. Rather, the responses are rote dictation of the talking points that the propaganda-meme-machine spit out. Relevance to the actual topic, responsiveness to the actual statements of other poster are irrelevant. Indeed, a faulty AI could do a better job of being responsive and being topical. You know that none of them actually watched any of the hearing, right?

Fair. There are opinions that agree with and opinions I disagree with. I guess that is a sort of charry picking.

Accusations of 'Terrorists', 'Seditionists', 'Insurrectionists', 'Traitors' are all exaggeration and hyperbole, as the charges filed will testify to, as per the cited McCarthy article.
It was a riot, and those that breached the capitol security barrier were in the wrong to do so the moment they did.
It was a riot, the same as the multiple riots in multiple cities over the course of the last 1 to 1 1/2 years.

OK. Perhaps not you specifically, but you go and read the forum posts from the left leaning posters and those are the accusations you get, along with that most toxic of political broad brushes.

Chants during the heat of a protest become riot are rarely followed through to actual act. Recall 'Pigs in a blanket, Fry'em like bacon'? That wasn't followed through by those who chanted it either.
I have no love or support for those that 'planned/coordinated/participated with groups to' obstruct or disrupt congress. May the FBI / DOJ root them all out and charge them with violations they've committed.

Agreed. No issues here.

Seems like they tried to follow through on what they were chanting. Although I can only go by what I saw with my own eyes.

But nothing in respond to video clips that weren't from 1/6?
Yeah, I'd try to skip that if I were you as well.
I didn't post videos of 1/6 because I wasn't talking about it. I was talking about how ridiculous it was for someone who supports a party full of exaggeration and conspiracies (as shown in the videos) could accuse anyone else of it as if the values of Trump are not.

The only thing you've show is that you didn't understand my post. And, you know how to correct a typo. Just like you should be sticking to correcting your own typos, of which you have many, you instead accuse others of the same thing you're guilty of. Exaggeration and hyperbole.
Congratulations!

I consider it independent critical thinking.
That you and McCarthy consider accusations of “Terrorists', 'Seditionists', 'Insurrectionists', 'Traitors” exaggeration and hyperbole does not change the fact that among those that attacked the Capitol building there were, by definition, acts of terrorism, sedition, and insurrection.

Personally, I consider everyone involved in the attack to be traitors, but recognize that that is just my own opinion.
Many, possibly the majority, were rioters.

Others that planned and attempted to do much worse were not rioters.
Vociferously disagree with your conflation of significantly different acts/events.
Not “perhaps”, and not me.

I only speak for myself, and do not put all Trumpsters in the same bucket regardless of the subject being discussed.
👍
Agreed. No issues here.
As I expected.

Oh, my friend. That's not how it works. I seriously doubt he actually read anything anyone actually wrote. Rather, the responses are rote dictation of the talking points that the propaganda-meme-machine spit out. Relevance to the actual topic, responsiveness to the actual statements of other poster are irrelevant. Indeed, a faulty AI could do a better job of being responsive and being topical.
😄 I sometimes wonder if certain posters here are just glitchy AI programs.
You know that none of them actually watched any of the hearing, right?
No reason to. Trump, McCarthy, Carlson and others have already told them what to believe.

Oh, my friend. That's not how it works. I seriously doubt he actually read anything anyone actually wrote. Rather, the responses are rote dictation of the talking points that the propaganda-meme-machine spit out. Relevance to the actual topic, responsiveness to the actual statements of other poster are irrelevant. Indeed, a faulty AI could do a better job of being responsive and being topical. You know that none of them actually watched any of the hearing, right?

Considering the poster did nothing to refute the remarks about sedition, he either missed ( even though it's in the first paragraph ) it, seen it and didn't respond because he had no answer to explain it.

If you believe his source is propaganda-meme-machine, you should have no problem showing it's wrong either.

Seems like they tried to follow through on what they were chanting. Although I can only go by what I saw with my own eyes.
One could argue that the chanters of 'Pigs in a blanket, Fry'em like bacon' seemed like they tried to follow through on what they were chanting as well.
Especially so when 5 cops were later ambushed, shot and killed in the same city, if I recall.
And if not the same group (I don't think it was), then potentially incitement, given the standards of what passes for incitement these days.

Still, the point raised remains, and a former federal prosecutor's article reinforces the point with no charges of attempted murder or attempted political assignation.

Thanks for the honesty - that Nancy's "investigation" is nothing more than politics.
Of course, it is being held in the House of Representatives, not a court of law.

Right now, it is politics. Later, when it comes to Trump and his treasonous actions, we will see.

you instead accuse others of the same thing you're guilty of. Exaggeration and hyperbole.
Such kindness and understatement. I appreciate you giving the kid glove treatment instead of the adjectives that best apply.

Considering the poster did nothing to refute the remarks about sedition, he either missed ( even though it's in the first paragraph ) it, seen it and didn't respond because he had no answer to explain it.

If you believe his source is propaganda-meme-machine, you should have no problem showing it's wrong either.
No, YOU are the propagandist. Did I not make that clear? My apologies. Your unrelenting and unending font of mendacity is truly mesmerizing. I've not seen anyone as consistent. Well done.

CNN is about to start coverage of the Jan 6 Select Committee Hearings - are you watching?
Maybe this thread can be a place to voice our collective thoughts.
I don't care what a bunch of fascists in the house think about an actual democratic uprising on Jan. 6.

This guy is a major POS

Rep. Jim Banks (R-IN), who was nominated by Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) to serve on the Jan. 6 panel until Pelosi vetoed the selection, appeared on Fox News on Tuesday night and suggested that the officers were reading from scripts prepared by the speaker.

How can the Dems turn this to a political advantage?

Pelosi's and Piece Of Schiff's and the Democrat's are going to drag this out until the November elections; anytime the national conversation becomes critical of Democrats, like magic, some witness will be brought forth with salacious and fauxrage generating testimony which the politically biased 'news' (political propaganda) media would so gladly do their master's bidding and cover rather than anything else.

It is unfortunate that these those Capitol Police members have been drafted into the role of political pawn by Pelosi's and Piece Of Schiff's and the Democrat's.

Do you doubt me?
@Mycroft covered this very well in his post #410, specifically:
. . . . .
btw, the same group that orchestrated the hit job on a Supreme Court nominee is controlling this hit job on American citizens.

Sometimes pictures are worth thousands of words. Seeing former DOJ official David Laufman show up at Nancy Pelosi’s J6 Committee hearing explains the pantomime.​
David Laufman is seen below sitting behind committee witness Michael Fanone. Laufman was the DOJ-NSD official who interviewed Hillary Clinton during the fraudulent FBI Clinton email investigation of 2016; Laufman quit the DOJ and started working for Lawfare. Laufman then represented Monica McLean, the best FBI friend of Christine Blasey Ford who helped write the letter to Dianne Feinstein during their effort to block Justice Kavanaugh for SCOTUS Judge.​
Monica McLean was busted by Senator Grassley for witness tampering; and then hired “beach friend” David Laufman to avoid legal trouble. {Go Deep Here and Go Deep Here}.​
What does Laufman showing up at another political pantomime disguised as a hearing tell us?​
It tells us the same Lawfare crew is producing, directing and writing the script for democrats again. The cast of characters, vis-a-vis witnesses, are different; however, the script is exactly the same. This is what they do. This is all political theater, written, directed and produced for public consumption. Nothing more.​

Any questions?

No, YOU are the propagandist. Did I not make that clear? My apologies. Your unrelenting and unending font of mendacity is truly mesmerizing. I've not seen anyone as consistent. Well done.

Considering you spend all your time attacking the poster rather than refuting the argument, means you have nothing as suspected.

I'll get half way threw and then realize, their whole premise is a lie. Why am I even bothering? It's like make believe. Of course they don't believe it was serious, they think Trump won the election. Serious? Nope. They think the left is promoting a world wide pandemic in order to control people. It's all a bunch of nothing.
Trump just came to my state to tell these people that Mike Pence sided with the enemy, and that's why he isn't president right now and they should be mad, very mad. I'm sure Mike is getting more death threats as I type. Boy, did he make a mistake.
They all cheered, like it was remotely true.
A bunch of unvaccinated, unmasked, delusional people spreading Covid and spreading lies. It's truly ridiculous.

Don't waste your time. It's like debating with Sonic the Hedgehog. Nothing about it is real life. Nothing.

Spoken like a true centrist.
A fascist is an authoritarian. OK, the house in investigating the Jan. 6 riots is a body consisting of authoritarians/fascists.

How can anyone possibly think that Pelosi who holds so much power in the house (and also want to control business in the Senate) as Speaker of the House even gives a shit about democracy?...Pelosi's the opposite of democratic...She should belong to the fascist political party. Yeah, she and Liz Cheney, for examples, can start up that new fascist political party.:rolleyes:

A fascist is an authoritarian. OK, the house in investigating the Jan. 6 riots is a body consisting of authoritarians/fascists.

How can anyone possibly think that Pelosi who holds so much power in the house (and also want to control business in the Senate) as Speaker of the House even gives a shit about democracy?...Pelosi's the opposite of democratic...She should belong to the fascist political party. Yeah, she and Liz Cheney, for examples, can start up that new fascist political party.:rolleyes:

One can hardly blame Pelosi. She isn't the one who removed most of the Republicans from the committee.

Back
Top Bottom