• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan 6 Select Committee Hearings - are you watching

Understood. And I thanked you for your honesty for admitting a goal of Nancy's circus is to throw as much dirt on the former President as possible.
I know there's a bizarre perspective among the right that Trump should suffer no accountability. Other people don't share this goofy belief.
You said it was "debunked." Your own article clearly states that it was never investigated.

Republicans will have their opportunity to investigate BLM, antifa, Biden's laptop and Mr. Potatohead on a neverending loop when they take over the House 2022. Until then, the House investigation of the insurrection will stay on point and professional.
Again, thanks for your honesty that Nancy isn't concerned with the "why" of what happened on January 6th.

Again, thanks for your honesty that Nancy isn't concerned with the "why" of what happened on January 6th.
Potato.

I know there's a bizarre perspective among the right that Trump should suffer no accountability. Other people don't share this goofy belief.

You impeached him. What more accountability are you looking for? Stripped naked and lashed? Seriously.

You said it was "debunked." Your own article clearly states that it was never investigated.

It was investigated, that's how they know it was complete bullshit and needed to be closed. Unless you believe the Democrats are covering for Boebert

Someone's inflamed political rhetoric?
Why is it that you are fauxraged only that when you politically disagree with them and that political rhetoric?
That might be a good question for self-re-examination.
would you please post this question in english so that i can attempt to answer it:
... Why is it that you are fauxraged only that when you politically disagree with them and that political rhetoric? ...

all the insurrectionists supporters are really praying for is that there is no audio, video or paper trail that ties in ONE politician.

that's it. that's the whole thing. everyone else can fry.

Republicans will have their opportunity to investigate BLM, antifa, Biden's laptop and Mr. Potatohead on a neverending loop when they take over the House 2022. Until then, the House investigation of the insurrection will stay on point and professional.
But the GOP is professional, too. "Clown" is a profession.

Again, what you saw was a very small group of people compared to the whole of 74 million Trump voters. Were those people scumbags? Yes.

I know the left would like to pretend that everyone who voted for Trump detests the police, but how can they prove it?
Ah, I see.
When rioters were causing havoc in 2020, it was "the left" (inclusive) but the majority of Trump supporters need to be distanced from the January 6th domestic terrorists.

The biggest voice, Trump himself, said on January 6th that the protestors AND those domestic terrorists were "special people" and that "we love them". Sounds like the biggest voice of the Republican party agrees with "**** the blue". Right?

500 people charged so far and not a single one with "insurrection" or "sedition." Not one.
Are you looking for a Guinness entry for "most repetitive bullshit"? That was a stoopid claim the first time you made it, and it hasn't improved in the 240 iterations.

If the FBI has investigated the demonstrators and made arrests, then what exactly is the point of the Committee, to implicate Trump and/or his people as the organizers of Jan 6th? And does this lead anywhere, other than condemnation, like indictments?

I have seen no sign of dementia. I have seen him stumble or control his shudder quite remarkedly for a public speaker. Another myth to demoralize the opposition and believed by those who don’t listen to his coherent speeches because they repeat what the are told by pundits.
Trump’s massive lies are why he’s not allowed on social media. His hate mongering is not missed.
If you're gonna repeat phony excuses for Biden's dementia at least get the word right.
They want you to say he has a "stutter" not a "shudder".
It should make you shudder watching him but it should be clear to you that his problem is not a stutter.
You'd be able to find videos of a stutter from his 50 years in DC that compare to what he's doing now. You can't.
He's clearly gone down hill even compared to his final days with Obama.

Be honest with yourself.

What did we learn about what happened?
I'm not interested in the drama. I would like a clear explanation of what happened that day.

If you're gonna repeat phony excuses for Biden's dementia at least get the word right.
They want you to say he has a "stutter" not a "shudder".
It should make you shudder watching him but it should be clear to you that his problem is not a stutter.
You'd be able to find videos of a stutter from his 50 years in DC that compare to what he's doing now. You can't.
He's clearly gone down hill even compared to his final days with Obama.

Be honest with yourself.
it sounds as if you are a victim of the cherry picked and fraudulent videos rather than listening to his actual conversations. Be honest.

You impeached him. What more accountability are you looking for? Stripped naked and lashed? Seriously.

Don't be melodramatic.

It was investigated, that's how they know it was complete bullshit and needed to be closed. Unless you believe the Democrats are covering for Boebert

Your article says it wasn't investigated.

What did we learn about what happened?
I'm not interested in the drama. I would like a clear explanation of what happened that day.
That's what we're trying to figure out.

it sounds as if you are a victim of the cherry picked and fraudulent videos rather than listening to his actual conversations. Be honest.
No cherry tree is that productive.
His "conversations" are what delivers the proof of the onset of dementia. The guy can't complete a sentence coherently when he's not reading it and his TP efforts are an adventure themselves.

If the FBI has investigated the demonstrators and made arrests, then what exactly is the point of the Committee, to implicate Trump and/or his people as the organizers of Jan 6th? And does this lead anywhere, other than condemnation, like indictments?
There are a myriad of reasons beyond criminal prosecution for this investigation, so the question doesn't appear serious. First, no agency is responsible for gathering all the information - the committee can do so. Second, there are procedural questions that may require legislation to address (who is responsible for security?; how is the military/NG involved?; how should it be funded?; what training should be required?). Third, there may be aspects of criminal liability that go beyond the insurrectionists themselves. Who funded it? Was there political coordination? Did members of Congress or their staff assist?

I could go on at length, but that's enough to make the point. It's why Congress has investigatory authority.

I'd like to know why Trump did nothing to stop it.

That Harry Dunn character appears to be quite the character.

There is a silver lining here.

For all of you people who are not trying to explain away the insurrection or cover for the insurrectionists or change the subject just think about how much better Americans you guys are.

^^^ This...seriously.
The people who ARE trying to cover for the protesters are trolls and bullies, and the reality is that there's no longer any public yardstick that measures the depth of their failure.
When you lie repeatedly in real life, society enforces some kind of consequences; everyone in your neighborhood knows you're a liar.
On the internet, your credibility rating is invisible.
In the days of the old town square if you ran around threatening people those acts eventually resulted in some kind of action taken to ensure that your threats did not blossom into repeated violence.
On the internet, you just manage to remain a sock puppet long enough, and you wind up with a new identity, and everyone eventually forgets your past.

We're on the cusp of letting invisible liars, cheats, bullies and bots take control of the free world.
Most of the "better Americans" don't even realize it's even happening.

It's not whether or not the attack on the Capitol building was justifiable, that isn't in dispute anywhere in this forum. What's being questioned is why anyone should become hysterical over 1/6 when far worse things have already been sanctified by the left as acceptable "peaceful" protest?

Liar.
Stop lying.
Stop lying now.

The overwhelming majority of people deplore the violence to the point where it's not even partisan.
There is nothing worse than attacking the temple of American democracy in a violent attempt at overthrow.

you seem unable to comprehend that if I note that the TDS crowd is pretending that the riot of 1/6 is the most horrible thing to happen in the USA over the last several years, and further noting how many of you have tried to justify the BLM anarchy, death and destruction, that somehow I am justifying the riot that you all try to accentuate by calling it an INSURRECTION. (no one has been charged with INSURRECTION have they?)

so it is fitting that you are lying about my position and pretending I have justified a riot that I bashed from the first day it happened.
You continue to do so. It's a knee jerk reflex.
I'm not even sure you're even aware you're doing it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom