• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan 6 Select Committee Hearings - are you watching

And this is the tenth investigation into January 6th in the House alone. Yer point?
you mean other than responding to the guy who appeared to be asking if there were 5 Benghazi hearings?

why in the world would any US Military member have any problem sharing the oath they took (from the appropriate branch)?

that's just weird.
Nah. What's weird is you demanding that he share his oath on the board.

WHen I heard who the witnesses were going to be - absolutely
Well that was unrealistic. This investigation in likely to be ongoing for a while now. There's reasonable suspicion that there was some degree of coordination between the insurrectionists, Trump* and members of Congress. One thing we can look forward to is commission compelling Republican House members to testify, including Jordan and McCarthy. That will be a fight, obviously.

*To be fair, the coordination between Trump and the insurrections is pretty starkly laid out.

I don't know that to be true and I don't that you do either. The summer riots occurred over multiple jurisdictions and charges are being or were filed, in Federal, State and Municipal courts.
I refer to post #834 as to how many of those charged in those riots are being withdrawn.
The event of the 6th was in one location on one day and all the charges are being handled by the DOJ. The other difference is how high profile an attack on the Capital while the Congress was in session putting every single elected official, including the VP and VP elect, at risk of serious harm.
I refer you to post #526 as to what rioters shout in the heat of the moment and whether they carry through with their actions.
The riots of the summer were terrible and anyone involved in the violence needs to be charged criminally.
See above referring to #834.
The protesters in both cases are another thing altogether.
Agreed. But it is troubling that so many want to broad brush including those that did not breach the capitol security barrier, but were in attendance with the legal political rally that day, as one and the same, and even more troubling that this broad brush is extended to include the entire GOP political party.
I m betting most Trumpers have sympathy for the protesters who were not violent on the 6th but have much less sympathy for the BLM protesters last summer. Nonetheless, I understand the need for Trump supporters to deflect rather than face up to what happened.
I refer you to post #827 and #841 for a credible assessment as to what realistic and legally founded cases can be made against those who breached the capitol security barrier.

Nah. What's weird is you demanding that he share his oath on the board.
yeah, throwing in "demanding" when i didn't demand will make your post look prettier.

did you swear an oath?

Well that was unrealistic. This investigation in likely to be ongoing for a while now. There's reasonable suspicion that there was some degree of coordination between the insurrectionists, Trump and members of Congress.

No there isn't
One thing we can look forward to is commission compelling Republican House members to testify, including Jordan and McCarthy. That will be a fight, obviously.
LOL You think things are toxic now? Nancy starts subpoenaing fellow members of congress - fergetaboutit.

No there isn't

LOL You think things are toxic now? Nancy starts subpoenaing fellow members of congress - fergetaboutit.
You think politicians should be above the law?

Doesn't change the fact that "requests" for documents and testimony can be [and were] rejected.

Can't play those GOP games with this Commission. And the DoJ has now ruled that no one can hide behind "executive privilege" in regards to this Commission.
LOL That opinion and $2.50 will get you on the subway

damn dude. are you gonna sit there and LIE about answering the question "Is Donald Trump a massive liar?"

that's just too funny.
There are no lies in my post. Sorry my answer wasn't the one you were looking for, but that's on you. 🤷‍♂️

There are no lies in my post. Sorry my answer wasn't the one you were looking for, but that's on you. 🤷‍♂️
i think i'll keep posting to you about if you think Donald Trump is a massive liar or not (since you're now running from the question).

this will be interesting.

Last edited:
Which is appropriate but certainly not applied evenly. The summer riots are a clear example of the double standard of justice.
how? there have been tens of thousands of arrests regarding the 2020 riots all across the nation.

Show us the basis for your subpoena.

Trump riled up the mob for months before unleashing it on the Capitol. Multiple Republicans spoke to Trump that day, including McCarthy and Jordan. Jordan, for one, refuses to say what he talked to Trump about. McCarthy is said to have had a conversation with Trump that sheds light on Trump's knowing incitement of the insurrection. And we need to know if there's any basis for the theory that House members gave tours to the insurrectionists for the knowing purpose of facilitating an invasion of the Capitol.

There's an astonishing amount we still don't know, and that's why this commission is so important.

i think i'll keep posting to you about if you think Donald Trump is a massive liar or (since you're now running from the question).

this will be interesting.
I'm not running from the question at all, I answered it.
You not accepting my answer if your problem.

how? there have been tens of thousands of arrests regarding the 2020 riots all across the nation.

Almost Half of Federal Cases Against Portland Rioters Have ...

https://www.wsj.com › articles › almost-half-of-federal-ca...
Apr 15, 2021 — Many charges arising from the Capitol riot have been more serious, ... 2021, print edition as 'Many Portland Riot Cases Dropped.'.

Charges dropped against 37 people arrested during Atlanta ...

https://www.ajc.com › news › charges-dropped-against-...
Jan 8, 2021 — Charges have been dismissed in 37 cases against people who participated in Atlanta protests last summer, authorities said Friday.

Dimond: Why most arrested rioters will not be prosecuted

https://www.examiner-enterprise.com › 2021/06/28 › di...
Jun 28, 2021 — Perhaps you've heard about charges being dropped against most of last summer's George Floyd protestors. Prosecutors from Oregon to New York ...

Portland protests: Feds quietly dismiss dozens of cases | kgw ...

https://www.kgw.com › article › news › investigations
Mar 2, 2021 — Some of the most serious charges dropped include four defendants charged ... talk coming from the U.S. Department of Justice last summer.

We clearly have a bifurcated justice system, where differing justice standards ally depending on your politics. This is not how this is supposed to work.

damn dude. are you gonna sit there and LIE about answering the question "Is Donald Trump a massive liar?"

that's just too funny.
Yeah. Donald Trump has told lies.
Has Joe Biden shown symptoms of dementia?

Back
Top Bottom