• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan 6 Select Committee Hearings - are you watching

Plus, they weren't 'attacks', they were warranted protests of the killings of black Americans by cops. Those who downplay or make excuses for the insurrection of January 6th, condone it, they are anti-American and unpatriotic.
Yup

Are you sure they were Trump supporters? That sounds like something Antifa would say.
There were no antifa (boogyman of the right) at the rally that breached the Capitol and wanted to hang Mike Pence. Those were angry Trump worshippers who didn't like the outcome of an election. A bunch of American hating losers who hate democracy and the Constitution.

so what were leftwing radicals trying to prevent when they firebombed police stations and police vehicles?
This is going to be the most effective way to change the subject away from the insurrection and Trump people trying to stop the peaceful transfer of power from one president of the United States to another.

I hope you are actually listening to the hearings and making a open minded opinion on what you hear. I can respect that. Second opinions are usually biased.
I've been pretty open and pretty consistent from the beginning of this commission of what I thought it was going to be.
I don't think the Congressional Democrats are going to disappoint me, given the track record they've established for themselves over the last 4 1/2 years.

I've been pretty open and pretty consistent from the beginning of this commission of what I thought it was going to be.
I don't think the Congressional Democrats are going to disappoint me, given the track record they've established for themselves over the last 4 1/2 years.
And I suppose Trump’s track record is fine? Over 11,000 lies? Got it! I see where you stand. My hope is dashed. I thought there might br some actual mindful Republicans left.

No, pointing out an obviously apparent disparity in the application of the law.
I don't know that to be true and I don't that you do either. The summer riots occurred over multiple jurisdictions and charges are being or were filed, in Federal, State and Municipal courts. The event of the 6th was in one location on one day and all the charges are being handled by the DOJ. The other difference is how high profile an attack on the Capital while the Congress was in session putting every single elected official, including the VP and VP elect, at risk of serious harm.

The riots of the summer were terrible and anyone involved in the violence needs to be charged criminally. The protesters in both cases are another thing altogether. I m betting most Trumpers have sympathy for the protesters who were not violent on the 6th but have much less sympathy for the BLM protesters last summer. Nonetheless, I understand the need for Trump supporters to deflect rather than face up to what happened.

bearpoker I already covered why this is simply not true. But since you apparently didn’t see it I’ll share it again.

That Jan 6th commission was designed the same way Republicans set up the Benghazi commission. Were you not in favor of that?

Quoted fro truth. Where's the investigation into this? The silence, and in some cases the support, for the summer riots which killed many, injured thousands, and burned thousands of businesses down to the ground.

Almost Half of Federal Cases Against Portland Rioters Have ...

Apr 15, 2021 — Many charges arising from the Capitol riot have been more serious, ... 2021, print edition as 'Many Portland Riot Cases Dropped.'.​

Charges dropped against 37 people arrested during Atlanta ...

Jan 8, 2021 — Charges have been dismissed in 37 cases against people who participated in Atlanta protests last summer, authorities said Friday.​

Dimond: Why most arrested rioters will not be prosecuted

Jun 28, 2021 — Perhaps you've heard about charges being dropped against most of last summer's George Floyd protestors. Prosecutors from Oregon to New York ...​

Portland protests: Feds quietly dismiss dozens of cases | kgw ...

Mar 2, 2021 — Some of the most serious charges dropped include four defendants charged ... talk coming from the U.S. Department of Justice last summer.​
Where's the investigation into this?
We clearly have a bifurcated justice system, where differing justice standards ally depending on your politics. This is not how this is supposed to work.
Ask McCarthy. Did he try to get a commission started for this?

Ask McCarthy. Did he try to get a commission started for this?
Better still ask McConnell he controlled the Senate and all the Committees at the time and he did squat. Same with the supposed steal of the election, they could have investigated but didn't.t. However Republicans will never criticize their leaders, just fling doo at the others,

I don't know that to be true and I don't that you do either. The summer riots occurred over multiple jurisdictions and charges are being or were filed, in Federal, State and Municipal courts. The event of the 6th was in one location on one day and all the charges are being handled by the DOJ. The other difference is how high profile an attack on the Capital while the Congress was in session putting every single elected official, including the VP and VP elect, at risk of serious harm.

The riots of the summer were terrible and anyone involved in the violence needs to be charged criminally. The protesters in both cases are another thing altogether. I m betting most Trumpers have sympathy for the protesters who were not violent on the 6th but have much less sympathy for the BLM protesters last summer. Nonetheless, I understand the need for Trump supporters to deflect rather than face up to what happened.
I don’t know any Democrats that support riots As the Republicans claim. We support the right to a peaceful protest. Every person who was arrested and guilty should be punished.
Did they try to take over our country by criminal means such as Jan6 insurrectionists? No, it’s a false analogy to compare them.
Look Squirrel!

Another exaggeration, plus inaccurately sourced as you studiously ignore the fact that Boogs and other white supremacists have been arrested in almost every singe conflagration.
You desperately NEED to ignore that because it knocks the legs out from under your whataboutisms.
Good post.

There is a silver lining here.

For all of you people who are not trying to explain away the insurrection or cover for the insurrectionists or change the subject just think about how much better Americans you guys are.

And I suppose Trump’s track record is fine? Over 11,000 lies? Got it! I see where you stand. My hope is dashed. I thought there might br some actual mindful Republicans left.
'mindful'? Of what, exactly?

'Over 11,000 lies': This is nothing if not a purely subjective measure. Every politician's political rhetoric uses embellishment, exaggeration and hyperbole on a regular basis. To those that disagree with it or that politician, they suddenly become lies. To those who agree with it or that politician they are not lies.

Be forewarned that the self-appointed fact checkers have embarrassed themselves with their political bias and amateurism, and are not reliable nor consistent.

Officer Fanone receives a voicemail in response to his testimony yesterday.

'mindful'? Of what, exactly?

'Over 11,000 lies': This is nothing if not a purely subjective measure. Every politician's political rhetoric uses embellishment, exaggeration and hyperbole on a regular basis. To those that disagree with it or that politician, they suddenly become lies. To those who agree with it or that politician they are not lies.

Be forewarned that the self-appointed fact checkers have embarrassed themselves with their political bias and amateurism, and are not reliable nor consistent.
is Donald Trump a massive liar?

this from the party that has PREACHED Christianity to our nation for decades.

Dog and pony show, made even less believable with the biggest liar in Congress, Schiff. And to top it off, being broadcast by the Communist News Network.
Sorry, I just don’t GAF.
It must be depressing to have to come on here and defend traitors. How do you guys do it all day every day?

Cheney already misrepresented the political makeup of the commission. It was not evenly made up of members of both parties. Because it wasn't McConnell rejected it.
That's what you're worried about???????

Disgusting ****ing Trump supporters.

Deplorables doesn't' scratch the surface.

These people are SICK.

Judging by the responses of Right Wingers, from Tucker on down to the toothless **** living in a broken down trailer, it's pretty obvious that these people are scum. I'm not sure there is any benefit left to treat any of them or their asinine opinions with anything other than derision and disdain.

Back
Top Bottom