• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan. 6 committee subpoenas Trump White House counsel Pat Cipollone

So much for attorney-client privilege.
Pat Cippolone was the White House Counsel, not Trump's personal attorney. Though the White House Counsel serves at the pleasure of the President, (s)he works for the people representing the office of the President, not the president. There was/is no attorney-client privilege between Pat Cippolone and Donald Trump in the traditional sense.

Just think about the witness tampering taking place with Cipollone between now and probably around July 11.
He should enthusiastically accept every attempted tampering bribe with a wire on.

I'm wondering if Trump tries to flee the country. He better do it soon.
I think if he did it'd be to Russia to avoid extradition. Then Putin dies and in the regime change, as a peace offering, they hand trump back for prosecution.

So much for attorney-client privilege.
There is no attorney-client privilege with an attorney that helps commit the crime. Sorry. Learn your law a bit better. Not to mention he was the people's lawyer. Not Trump's lawyer.

There is no attorney-client privilege with an attorney that helps commit the crime. Sorry. Learn your law a bit better. Not to mention he was the people's lawyer. Not Trump's lawyer.

Trump had trouble with that concept. He wanted to be a baron.

AG Garland must see this through!!!!!!
For those looking into the future for charges, this is an ongoing investigation.

Once the facts are all gathered and evidence presented, then perhaps we would see movement from the DOJ.

Myself, i don't have much faith he will be prosecuted successfully and spend time behind bars. In my 50 years i seen so many crooked politicians walk. But then again, his crimes have exceed anything offered by his predecessors.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Trump is an amoral skid mark on the boxer shorts of humanity but he has powerful friends on the right and none of the establishment (Dem or Rep) want to see a POTUS held liable for crimes, it would set precedent.
Very true

My expectations at the conclusion of the Committee's fact finding, Trump's legacy forever tarnished with the reality of his crimes, and zero chance at 2024. The man is the Constitions biggest threat.

It must have been surreal for the VP, to know his life was under threat due to his boss's vile rhetoric.

Very true

My expectations at the conclusion of the Committee's fact finding, Trump's legacy forever tarnished with the reality of his crimes, and zero chance at 2024. The man is our Constitions biggest threat as President.
In regards to the bolded I hope you're right. But as for actual punishment?

Keep in mind too that if Trump were actually charged with a crime related to J6 there'd be plenty of GOP congresspersons who could easily come under scrutiny as well. I'd love to see them all frogmarched out of DC and into orange jumpsuits but it's just not likely. In many ways this shit is bigger than turd Trump.

(I know you're not disagreeing, I'm just expanding on the point)

In regards to the bolded I hope you're right. But as for actual punishment?

Keep in mind too that if Trump were actually charged with a crime related to J6 there'd be plenty of GOP congresspersons who could easily come under scrutiny as well. I'd love to see them all frogmarched out of DC and into orange jumpsuits but it's just not likely. In many ways this shit is bigger than turd Trump.

(I know you're not disagreeing, I'm just expanding on the point)
The GOP's complicity in the Presidents crimes gives me little hope that justice, the legel type can be accomplished. I would sincerely like for my previous statement to be incorrect.

The real judge is history.

Trump on Pat Cippolone subpoena. He's shitting his pants. They are getting closer.
Trump and his band of lawyers, even as a private citizen he pays out an inordinate amount in legel fees

I believe Eastman was a lawyer hired privately by Trump,l. The SC decided in 1974 NO executive or attorney client privilege with crime, it's not a free pass.

Sure do wish we had some tapes ala Nixon.

Trump and his band of lawyers, even as a private citizen he pays out an inordinate amount in legel fees

I believe Eastman was a lawyer hired privately by Trump,l. The SC decided in 1974 NO executive or attorney client privilege with crime, it's not a free pass.

Sure do wish we had some tapes ala Nixon.
Perhaps here?

To answer my own question

Its a 3 part series on Discover plus

Released later this summer

Last edited:
For those looking into the future for charges, this is an ongoing investigation.

Once the facts are all gathered and evidence presented, then perhaps we would see movement from the DOJ.

Myself, i don't have much faith he will be prosecuted successfully and spend time behind bars. In my 50 years i seen so many crooked politicians walk. But then again, his crimes have exceed anything offered by his predecessors.
There it is. This is far more crappier than previous presidents or Congress Critters. This is now an attack on our Democracy. To lose to them now means that we're one and done here on out. A nation of the totally screwed. Folks will not like how life will be under their forever rule. That forces folks to do what they normally wouldn't consider, and I don't mean at the controlled ballot box. That battle will roll into the streets - because hungry downtrodden people will no longer act rationally. To prevent that, DJT must be prosecuted based on solid evidence - but followed through. Those like Pat Cipollone need to step up to be a part of saving our Democracy and a civil nation of law abiding people. If he whimps out, even partially, the beast will continue to lead his nutty worshipers against us good folks the more that those who worked close with him also whimps out. That's how those facts can be gathered. No whinp outs where it counts.

I watched this Doc filmmaker on YouTube yesterday, he was being interviewed. Well respected filmmaker in the UK.

Unsure when the Doc will be released

Any idea,?
none. I'm thinking it might get delayed while the evidence is pulled out for investigation. Not just of the film but also what was cut out.

none. I'm thinking it might get delayed while the evidence is pulled out for investigation. Not just of the film but also what was cut out.
He was subpoenad, and turned over the footage as requested. There is nothing to prevent the film being released as scheduled, August.

"NO!" He thinks he's still in control.
I think the fact that he tried to control Hutchinson and couldn't... proved to him he's lost all control. You know, Hutchinson... the woman trump said he barely knew and trump jr called a coffee girl. So none important that they reached out and tried to stop this nobody that they barely knew. :ROFLMAO:

"NO!" He thinks he's still in control.
We are beyond that now, Trump is loosing the narrative, it's out of his hands. And you just know Trump is going ape shit.

Anything they throw out as a diversion is being drowned out by the facts.

this guy works for "We The People" not Donald Trump.

if he doesn't testify then that's a MAJOR red flag.
Right now he's getting AAALLLLL sorts of back channel communications telling him, "We know you are a team player and that you'll do the right thing" kind of talk.

UPDATE:

Alrighty!!!!! Pat Cipollone has agreed to testify! It will be conducted behind closed doors this coming Friday!!

Former White House Counsel Pat Cipollone will testify before the Jan. 6 committee in a closed-door interview on Friday, The New York Times reported on Wednesday. According to a source briefed on the matter, Cipollone’s testimony will be transcribed and videotaped, and could potentially be used in public hearings by the committee.

Great news! I am certain he will corroborate Hutchison's testimony.

Great news! I am certain he will corroborate Hutchison's testimony.
I certainly hope so. However, I'm feeling a tat nervous that he may sidestep as much of the questions as possible to prevent the 1/6 Committee or DOJ with bugging him about all of this anymore. He knows how much center stage that this will place him on. How long before we might be able to pull up the transcript of his testimony? A week??

I agree. I suspect Meadows will be one of those "I plead the fifth" subpoenas when asked to verify that he worked for the Trump administration.
Meadows has privileged because he worked for the president..

Back
Top Bottom