• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan. 6 committee subpoenas Trump White House counsel Pat Cipollone

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
It seems that Cipollone would honor this subpoena in my opinion. I think that he's had his gut full of bad Donny and never again wanting to experience the likes of someone like him ever again. imo He could prove me wrong.

Cipollone was not under oath when he previously met with the committee for an interview, and the discussion was not transcribed, the New York Times reported in April. Some other close aides to Trump, including Meadows, have resisted fully cooperating with the Jan. 6 committee, even when subpoenaed. Although they were referred for prosecution on contempt of Congress claims, the Justice Department declined to prosecute Meadows and another former official, Dan Scavino, who cited Trump's claims of executive privilege. Former Trump adviser Peter Navarro was indicted after failing to comply with a subpoena.

"A person close to Pat Cipollone said he has been cooperative with the committee with Trump's permission, but that there are serious institutional concerns and privilege issues that the person said have been recognized by the committee," New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman tweeted last week.

It seems that Cipollone would honor this subpoena in my opinion. I think that he's had his gut full of bad Donny and never again wanting to experience the likes of someone like him ever again. imo He could prove me wrong.

Cipollone was not under oath when he previously met with the committee for an interview, and the discussion was not transcribed, the New York Times reported in April. Some other close aides to Trump, including Meadows, have resisted fully cooperating with the Jan. 6 committee, even when subpoenaed. Although they were referred for prosecution on contempt of Congress claims, the Justice Department declined to prosecute Meadows and another former official, Dan Scavino, who cited Trump's claims of executive privilege. Former Trump adviser Peter Navarro was indicted after failing to comply with a subpoena.

"A person close to Pat Cipollone said he has been cooperative with the committee with Trump's permission, but that there are serious institutional concerns and privilege issues that the person said have been recognized by the committee," New York Times reporter Maggie Haberman tweeted last week.
Eventually Meadows will testify, it's only a matter of when.

lock her up!!! errrrr, i mean HIM🤣
🤣

Eventually Meadows will testify, it's only a matter of when.
I'm not so sure about Meadows - his head is still sh*t stained from being up DJT's rump for too long. I think he'll ride that e privileged train on out. Could be wrong - hope so.

For some reason I thought they had already done that and he declined as a result a contempt charge was forwarded to the DOJ and they declined to pursue it.

ETA...ooops that was Scavino not Cipollone.......

I'm not so sure about Meadows - his head is still sh*t stained from being up DJT's rump for too long. I think he'll ride that e privileged train on out. Could be wrong - hope so.
I agree. I suspect Meadows will be one of those "I plead the fifth" subpoenas when asked to verify that he worked for the Trump administration.

Meadows only needs to look at Michael Cohen to see what Trump will actually do with his loyalties. That alone would make him testify.

Given that during the Watergate Investigation, attempts at "damage control" by Nixon's inner circle included shifting all the blame onto the shoulders of the White House lawyer, John Dean - therefore, its probably in Pat Cipollone's best interests to testify before the January 6th Committee, rather than run the risk of history repeating itself!

1656562060573.png

I agree. I suspect Meadows will be one of those "I plead the fifth" subpoenas when asked to verify that he worked for the Trump administration.

The January 6th Committee released a video of General Mike Flynn, a former 4-star General and National Security Advisor, pleading the 5th when asked if he agreed that the transfer of power in American politics should be conducted in an orderly manner!

STRANGER THAN FICTION - YOU COULD NEVER MAKE THIS STUFF UP!

I'm wondering if Trump tries to flee the country. He better do it soon.

Hutchinson's testimony about Cipollone's acute concern about Trump's desire to go to the Capitol with the protesters would open all of them, as in "we", to "getting charged with every crime imaginable". It would seem to me that Cipollone fears that he may have some criminal exposure here as well. What did you mean by "we", Mr Cipollone?

He has bigger legel issues, some of the testimony is so incriminating he may find himself in a corner, with no option but to testify.

There is a deep and abiding reticence in this country to punish the wrong-doings of those who have held high political positions. Part of this may be due to a general belief in the past that the ballot box serves us well as both the judge and jury. It's only relatively recently, though, that the bulk of the American population has been exposed to the machinations of our two major political parties, not to mention ideological groups such as progressives and conservatives, as they warp the popular vote to their desires. To some extent, our elections are rigged, but its done to a large extent within the law and by our politicians themselves.

Now we're forced to either deal with or ignore the facts which are coming to light regarding the presidency of Mr. Donald Trump. How this unfolds tells us as much, if not more, about ourselves as it does about the former president and those who surrounded him.

This poor old country mouse is slowly sifting fact from fiction and assembling those facts into a coherent whole. The picture that's emerging in jigsaw puzzle fashion indicates troubled times ahead for this divided nation.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Yes, but they won’t let him have his beloved Trump Tower Moscow.

They’ll probably have him shack up with the exiled Viktor Yanokovich, and maybe Roger Stone and Paul Manafort.

he has been cooperative with the committee with Trump's permission

**** that anti-American piece of shit Trump. **** Cipollone too. He better testify.

So much for attorney-client privilege.

Back
Top Bottom